Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
This is gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So is Nerd Box!

http://nerdbox.mx/index.php?route=product/category&path=98

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Rich's laugh at the end was very good.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Geek Crate is real, lmao.

Real bad you mean.

They should have mentioned Goon Crate.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

JB50 posted:

Did anyone post this yet, shes kinda like RLM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3gf6qyAHOw

I watched this a week back and she's dumb. Basically, she didn't know everyone's favorite color and animal so the characters are weak. The only gripe I have with the marvel cinematic universe (so dumb to type) is how people think all movies have to be like marvel movies now. its like michael bay movies 10 years ago.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
is rlm literally just the rogue one channel now wtf happened to gently caress you its january loving hack frauds.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
gud vid tho

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
it's still janury you gently caress

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
The Nerd Crew is hilarious but I still like Rogue One.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They have a lot of Star Wars poo poo

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
That TIE hanging where Rich's head is killed me.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Even when they're having a sarcastic meltdown I still love them

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Why do these frauds own so much Rogue One merch

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Why do these frauds own so much Rogue One merch

A genuine love of the movie.

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

i thought it was just old star wars merch and a poster

Cobra_Commander
Jan 5, 2017

:siren:SHITPOSTER ALERT!:siren:

Put this Nazi-loving dipshit on ignore immediately!
Not sure how they can poo poo on Rogue One while jerking it to TFA. Both movies have major flaws. There were equal amounts if not more fan service in TFA than in Rogue One. Rogue One is the better movie though in my opinion. I liked it better after seeing it a second time

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stabbatical posted:

i thought it was just old star wars merch and a poster

That is the joke.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Cobra_Commander posted:

Not sure how they can poo poo on Rogue One while jerking it to TFA. Both movies have major flaws. There were equal amounts if not more fan service in TFA than in Rogue One. Rogue One is the better movie though in my opinion. I liked it better after seeing it a second time

Less a love of TFA and more a love of trolling their audience.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
That girl's ten points were all spot on and I think there are some posters in here who really want to defend a bad movie at all costs!

While I think they should probably get off the Rogue One topic, this fake podcast was pretty great :golfclap:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Actually, it is you who are wrong about a decent, not bad movie.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Y'know, it is sort of strange to suggest to your audience that they are stupid for disagreeing with you. I feel like this is the sort of thing that RLM has mocked in the past.

Like, I don't hate Rogue 1, I don't hate RLM, and I don't really have any strong opinion besides mild surprise that they are so vehemently opposed to it. Yet their tone of both of these videos has been very negative towards their viewers. Only vapid idiots would like Rogue 1! I feel like I'm being insulted for doing nothing.

I guess if I watched as many movies as they do, instead of like, two films a year, maybe I'd be sufficiently jaded?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Nice meltdown, RLM.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
the boys making some sweet bank trolling retards

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
They are very clearly making fun of youtube comments and other lovely youtube reviewers not general audiences.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
rlm owns the shark and they can jump it anytime they like u FUCKS

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dylan McKay posted:

the boys making some sweet bank trolling retards

up to like $23k/mo from the patreon. that poo poo's nuts

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Paladinus posted:

That is the joke.

excuse me, as i am a colossal nude moron who doesn't get jokes

unless they're RLM being as deadpan as possible, in which case they're great and i almost wish they didn't give the game up at the end of the vid

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Y'know, it is sort of strange to suggest to your audience that they are stupid for disagreeing with you. I feel like this is the sort of thing that RLM has mocked in the past.

Like, I don't hate Rogue 1, I don't hate RLM, and I don't really have any strong opinion besides mild surprise that they are so vehemently opposed to it. Yet their tone of both of these videos has been very negative towards their viewers. Only vapid idiots would like Rogue 1! I feel like I'm being insulted for doing nothing.

I guess if I watched as many movies as they do, instead of like, two films a year, maybe I'd be sufficiently jaded?

In one of their older Plinkett reviews (the Abrams Star Trek one, I think), they made fun of the audience for being popcorn eating, pop-swilling masses that want explosions and lens flares. Maybe I'm putting words into RLM's mouth but I think they're criticizing one aspect of a total audience -- ie, the easily influenced, mass-consuming, uncritical fanboys of both franchises that, instead of making their subjects deeper, richer and more interesting, are actually bringing them down with their lack of standards. The two Star Wars nerds bowing at the release of the Phantom Menace is another example. That blatant stupidity helps no one and just comes off as really pathetic.

Whether or not this is a good tactic is open for debate, but I think they're definitely focusing in on a particular type of fan and not "everyone that liked Rogue One."

but then again maybe they really fuckin hated it and actually think everyone that liked it is an idiot

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So I just came back from watching "Rogue One".

I thought it was OK

Most of the criticism about the characters is on point. It felt like they just kind of stumbled into eachother and then stumbled into the most important rebel operation ever and then just kind of stumbled into victory before everyone died. Better characters would have made the movie way better

Still, didn't think it was terrible

[edit] it was also clear walking out of the theatre that most people didn't realize Old Bad Guy was actually CGI because they only mentioned "how did they do pricess Leia at the end???" and nothing else

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I hope the next year is them just making videos making GBS threads on R1 and youtube reviewers until the next star wars movie comes out and they do the same thing to that.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
This was probably one of their most genius videos yet. The Geek Crate plug was especially great as it really summed up the theme of the whole video, because Loot Crate is the equivalent of the modern pop "nerd" culture that exists now, all presentation (Rogue One, Loot Crate) and no substance. I laughed harder every time Jay said he personally loved this film.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If the story about a Disney PR person offering them an early showing in exchange for a glowing review is true, then this video is a big gently caress you to the other Youtubers who probably took that offer

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Richard "The Slut" Evans has become completely consumed by Purple Hands.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
If you post more than a couple sentences about the video you are the punchline

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

FuturePastNow posted:

If the story about a Disney PR person offering them an early showing in exchange for a glowing review is true, then this video is a big gently caress you to the other Youtubers who probably took that offer
Hmm yes Disney offered advanced tickets to their biggest movie of the year to a review show named after getting shitfaced, this makes sense.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Hmm yes Disney offered advanced tickets to their biggest movie of the year to a review show named after getting shitfaced, this makes sense.

marketing does this all the time now, thinkfluencers are big interest generators and cost almost nothing

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Me, personally, I loved this video.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
it's less than a week into 2017 and they've made like half an hour of ragu one videos

also this wasn't a good imitation of a nerd podcast, they actually stayed on topic and didn't talk about crap no one cares about for 2 hours, with the 15 minutes of talking about the movie interspersed within
and at least one blue apron ad

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

The Archaic posted:

I laughed harder every time Jay said he personally loved this film.

this will be the new overused RLM catchprase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah this video was not at al an exaggeration. Swag and early access for buzz and positive reviews is the name if the game in nerd media for both games and movies. The YouTube talking heads depend on the access to drive their viewership. They are hack frauds.

• Locked thread