Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

also man the bikki nendo is sharp.

That Hajime is good, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

very smooth

is escaflowne a swashbuckling anime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Parallax posted:

it has swords and robots and robots with swords

iirc it has plenty of on-foot swashbuckling stuff though yeah

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Parallax posted:

yeah, kind of

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

nice phone

for a clown from 2008 to have

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Burbo posted:

nice phone

for a clown from 2008 to have

it's my old phone that i never got rid of, i have a new one

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

it has swords and robots and robots with swords

iirc it has plenty of on-foot swashbuckling stuff though yeah

cool, that makes me more interested in eventually watching it than "fantasy robots and big noses"

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

The Colonel posted:

swashbuckling

A good word, that I should work into my conversation more often

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

something seems off here
https://twitter.com/Rafclan/status/817130122226651136

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Escaflowne is really good and dashing and a fun fairy tale with big not-robots.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nep's charms have met their limit, it seems.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

drat it, now I need a Hajime nendo.

RIP

Here lies a kitten
Died of nendos

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Parallax posted:

cool, that makes me more interested in eventually watching it than "fantasy robots and big noses"

It's good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I haven't seen Dunbine but both Escaflowne and Galient have their fair share. Also the noses rule, do not disrespect the noses.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nep's charms have met their limit, it seems.

Red is on a mission to smooch all the goddesses, and is not talking to Nepgear there.

And hell, go for it, Red.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Today I learned that you can have your characters say "I love you" over and over, dress them in matching wedding dress themed battle gear, and have the creators literally talk about the characters as a couple and there will still be people going on about reading too much in to it and unironically calling them Good Friends.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a kitten posted:

Today I learned that you can have your characters say "I love you" over and over, dress them in matching wedding dress themed battle gear, and have the creators literally talk about the characters as a couple and there will still be people going on about reading too much in to it and unironically calling them Good Friends.

did you know that some people are really weird about lesbian couples in anime

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

a kitten posted:

they could kiss each other passionately and people would say that's a friend thing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Xinder posted:

they could kiss each other passionately and people would say that's a friend thing

there are people who aren't clear on the relationship in re: cutie honey after a scene where honey is revived from darkness after being kissed by her girlfriend, because a guy gave her medicine that probably doesn't actually work to motivate her to do it

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

The Colonel posted:

there are people who aren't clear on the relationship in re: cutie honey after a scene where honey is revived from darkness after being kissed by her girlfriend, because a guy gave her medicine that probably doesn't actually work to motivate her to do it

lol

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

a kitten posted:

People are really flipping dumb.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motherflapper

Also, I've encountered people who still don't think the Yuris on Ice are gay.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

someone's about to be yamaxanadoomed

Toga
Oct 13, 2016

a kitten posted:

For the record, me and my best friend kiss and got married entirely platonically.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Paracelsus posted:

Miyako is the only one of the main characters who is a capital-A Artist, rather than an illustrator. If you look at the self-portraits on their character CDs, the other 3 are all just straightforward sketches, while Miyako's has multiple angles of her face overlapping and a bunch of geometrical doodles. Edit: Also both realistic and cartoonish sketches of animals.

Yeah!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
also

https://u.nya.is/bwigdj.webm

:3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Xinder posted:

That was one of the mad posts about the Tracer thing, that it was just a friendly open mouth kiss as thanks for a christmas present, and not gay or romantic at all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

chumbler posted:

That was one of the mad posts about the Tracer thing, that it was just a friendly open mouth kiss as thanks for a christmas present, and not gay or romantic at all.

That's just what they do in Europe!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Xinder posted:

its a russian taunt

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://files.catbox.moe/52sxlu.webm

Cute note and lol

Tari Tari is sweet and low-key and there's lots of singing!

https://files.catbox.moe/id49sn.webm

and singing practise!

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Yuyushiki is very good and I wish I'd watched it a while ago.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Herbotron posted:

Yuyushiki is very good and I wish I'd watched it a while ago.

:yeah:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Poopooshitty

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In FFXV how do I turn these pigments I find into paint

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out