Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Rahzmataz posted:

So I started playing Eve a week and a bit ago and I feel kinda lost to be honest. I did all of the opening missions and got a few ships, and for now i'd like to stick to mining. I'm using a Venture with 2 mining lasers, but i'm not really sure how to progress. I'm an Alpha so I can't access all that much.

Any tips for a newbie miner Capsuleer?

There's not much progression in eve outside of skill training. The rest is finding what you enjoy and doing that thing (or multiple things). Alpha accounts will let you try basically everything, but as you've noted they are very limited. For mining you're basically stuck with a venture, named lasers and upgrades. Mining at that level won't make you much income at all, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Rahzmataz posted:

So I started playing Eve a week and a bit ago and I feel kinda lost to be honest. I did all of the opening missions and got a few ships, and for now i'd like to stick to mining. I'm using a Venture with 2 mining lasers, but i'm not really sure how to progress. I'm an Alpha so I can't access all that much.

If you intend to stay alpha, get scanning skills, this way you can gas mine in wormholes, ore mining sucks unless you can get into a mining barge unless you can get access to some much higher value material like in null-sec.

I would suggest finding someone further knowledgable in worm-hole stuff if you want to go that route.

Mining and later production, is really an omega players game as far as earning the big bucks goes.

If you are gallente, train for a VNI as far as your alpha clone will let you until you can max out your stuff for mining in what ever ship you hope to end up in.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

iospace posted:

You have to find the right bookmarks, copy it to your personal bookmarks, then drag it to your ship to make a "token" (or what you can give to others). You can't create tokens directly from corp bookmarks, only personal. Also, if I remember right, you can only drag them to your active ship's cargo bay, not your personal hanger in the citadel.

Don't forget the copy limit of 10 at a time which is what truly makes the endeavor hell-loving unbearable.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Discussion Quorum posted:

Don't forget the copy limit of 10 at a time which is what truly makes the endeavor hell-loving unbearable.

Yep - this is why I just spring for packs for my other characters too rather than just recycling one set among all of them. The opportunity cost of the time it takes copying all that crap into multiple cans 10 at a time...

Of course I could be an optimist and say "at least it's not 5 like it used to be" but I abandoned optimism as one of my new year's resolutions.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

ur in my world now posted:

I kinda forgot that I was subbed on one of my characters for a long time because I'm a moron. I did the petition for skillpoint reimbursement thing because I didn't have a skill queue set.

I got 40 million skillpoints reimbursed. :stare:

What ticket section is that in/did you use? Pretty sure I have a few months stocked up.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

stale meme dot png posted:

I've bought a ton of those packs on multiple characters and have absolutely no problem loading them up other than time. IIRC the issue comes up if you have something like 15k bookmarks in P&P. My char with the most is Paco who has something like 12-13k, so if you're over the 15k mark YMMV.

That is good to hear! I'm reading the thread right now and the complete package, with bookmarks for every system counts astonishing 61,475 Bookmarks :D Holy poo poo! I'll just start with the FW Space bookmarks, those are "only" 4828 should be fine.

Multilake fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 5, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rahzmataz posted:

Worlds Smuggest posted:

If you intend to stay alpha, get scanning skills, this way you can gas mine in wormholes, ore mining sucks unless you can get into a mining barge unless you can get access to some much higher value material like in null-sec.

I would suggest finding someone further knowledgable in worm-hole stuff if you want to go that route.

If you gas huff (read: gas harvesting) in w-space, always, ALWAYS spam d-scan, and always keep moving. You have a layer of "security" in that whoever may want to kill you has to scan the site down too, but you never know if a local already has it bookmarked (or a neighbor for that matter). Sitting still on a gas cloud is an invitation to be killed, because someone could warp an interdictor right on top of you to drop a bubble, so orbit it within huffer range. If you must sit still, do it deep in the cloud so any cloakies that may try to get you have to decloak, though that's moot if someone drops an interceptor on you, among other dangers.

As for the NPC danger for huffing in w-space: never warp to an ordinary gas site, as they have towers that'll kill you the moment you land. The rest of the sites have a timer before the NPCs will spawn. The moment they spawn, bail out. You have plenty of time to get out before you get destroyed, but don't get complacent because it still is a small window.

Oh, and spam d-scan, always. If you see probes or other ships, bail.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Multilake posted:

That is good to hear! I'm reading the thread right now and the complete package, with bookmarks for every system counts astonishing 61,475 Bookmarks :D Holy poo poo! I'll just start with the FW Space bookmarks, those are "only" should be fine.

Yeah I get the packs ala carte when I need them to keep the totals low. I don't need over 64k bookmarks and I have a sneaking suspicion that if you go over 65535 bookmarks something probably breaks.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Rahzmataz posted:

scam people. Or do you guys not do that anymore?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Ravus posted:

What ticket section is that in/did you use? Pretty sure I have a few months stocked up.

Reimbursement > Skills, Skill Training Queue & Neural Remaps

Give it a shot. I was only expecting a couple months worth but I hit the jackpot, you might too!

cybertier
May 2, 2013
Worked out for me too last year. Got 10 million SP out of it. So definitely give it a shot.

Also I'm thinking about getting back to Eve.
I guess wormhole life got much more cozy after the introduction of citadels?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

ur in my world now posted:

Reimbursement > Skills, Skill Training Queue & Neural Remaps

Give it a shot. I was only expecting a couple months worth but I hit the jackpot, you might too!

Thank you! I don't think I'll win-out anywhere near as big as you, but even 1-2 months would be a nice freebie.

cybertier posted:

Worked out for me too last year. Got 10 million SP out of it. So definitely give it a shot.

Also I'm thinking about getting back to Eve.
I guess wormhole life got much more cozy after the introduction of citadels?

Not that I can join them yet (pathfinder issues) but Hole Squad are active and chilling in their citadel, seems to be a good time.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

ullerrm posted:

You are too cute when you try to be edgy. :pat pat:

Or they could just not move alone. Or use a Nestor. But lets be honest: the real loss is not being able to anchor MTUs to autokrab for you during citadel bashes.

Doesn't this give you a very easy way to get a warpin on a fleet?

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

nex posted:

I wanted to share about 200 BMs between some alts. after googling, testing and fighting with the UI i pressed alt+f4 and walked away for the day

The best way I have found to do something like this is to copy them all to your inventory and put them into a station can. Then you can contract that over to your other character.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Nunes posted:

Doesn't this give you a very easy way to get a warpin on a fleet?

You don't usually sit on the dropped MTUs, you come back to them later. Fleets rarely sit still outside of caps.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

eonwe posted:

i havent seen widestancer in forever. maybe black baby goku knows whats up with her but i actually dont

Ughhhhh wasnt there some goons being hella creepy to her? Idk it was a while ago

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Recoome posted:

Ughhhhh wasnt there some goons being hella creepy to her? Idk it was a while ago

I can def see that being a thing. I'm not sure tho!

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
So I decided to insurance fraud my Armageddon after welping my dread last night, for a little extra cash (I really wish we had a neuting archon with us or even a neuting jump hictor for that Wvyern :sigh:). I didn't even get one jump before dying to The Culture, who seem to have gotten the hang of killing solo BS. Engage outside web range, with something massively brick tanked to hold it down, with svipuls the only thing within range as a bait tank. I really wish BS had better damage application. :smith: Or maybe missiles (even rapid heavies) are just complete poo poo without webs, I dunno.

I don't get how the groups who just keep orbiting all these twitch streamers at 500 just don't adapt and get their 7-10 man gangs mauled, while gankers who live near goons manage to develop half a brain.

Also have two Gnosis to insurance fraud, any good fits that can actually apply damage, and am I just as hosed if I encounter a gang that engages outside web range?

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 5, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

School Nickname posted:

So I decided to insurance fraud my Armageddon after welping my dread last night, for a little extra cash (I really wish we had a neuting archon with us or even a neuting jump hictor for that Wvyern :sigh:). I didn't even get one jump before dying to The Culture, who seem to have gotten the hang of killing solo BS. Engage outside web range, with something massively brick tanked to hold it down, with svipuls the only thing within range as a bait tank. I really wish BS had better damage application. :smith: Or maybe missiles (even rapid heavies) are just complete poo poo without webs, I dunno.

I don't get how the groups who just keep orbiting all these twitch streamers at 500 just don't adapt and get their 7-10 man gangs mauled, while gankers who live near goons manage to develop half a brain.

Also have two Gnosis to insurance fraud, any good fits that can actually apply damage, and am I just as hosed if I encounter a gang that engages outside web range?

Any missile other than HAMs, lmls, and rockets suck

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

School Nickname posted:

I really wish BS had better damage application. :smith: Or maybe missiles (even rapid heavies) are just poo poo without webs, I dunno.

HMLs are, indeed, poo poo at hitting things without webs or paints. It's why we don't undock cerbs without Huginns.

It's worse when you realize that you're only going to kill one, maybe two Svipuls max before you hit reload.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

HMLs are, indeed, poo poo at hitting things without webs or paints. It's why we don't undock cerbs without Huginns.

It's worse when you realize that you're only going to kill one, maybe two Svipuls max before you hit reload.

HAMS on a ceberus with double application scripts and Javelins on the other hand :black101:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ullerrm posted:

i'm not really convinced cerbs are better than eagles, because one is destructible dps, the other requires cap

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

School Nickname posted:

Trying to insurance fraud a gnosis will leave you severely disappointed. (They insure for a few isk, due to their material cost of 1 trit.)

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Klyith posted:

Trying to insurance fraud a gnosis will leave you severely disappointed. (They insure for a few isk, due to their material cost of 1 trit.)

Welp, I'm retarded! :downs: Learn something new everyday. I did see an AC Gnosis manage to take down a malediction, which was why I was intrigued by possible fits. Delve is being torn to shreds at the moment by lots of small gangs, which would be paradise for a small gang squad between fleets (flanders join SV and lead gangs, no other duties required! :v:), but I'm just one dude with hulls to burn on the off-hours.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 6, 2017

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

There are basically only two sane directions for fitting a Gnosis:

1) Shield tank, fit three damage mods and nano, and just try to loving douse people in DPS. Typical:

quote:

[Gnosis, shield buffer hams]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Ballistic Control System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Heavy Assault Missile
Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hammerhead II x5
Warrior II x5

AC/blaster/pulselaser setups are viable too, and can get decent DPS. It's still slow, but doable, and you can squeeze some more mobility out of it by replacing the neut with a skirmish link. That said, in many cases, a Brutix or Ferox would do the same thing better.

2) Armor tank (either plated or active) and you use all your mids for tackle and/or ewar. You're stupid slow, but have tons of range control and survivability.

quote:

[Gnosis, dual rep rlml]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Nova Fury Light Missile
Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Hammerhead II x5
Hammerhead II x2

This is where I'd suggest going, honestly -- the Gnosis is the only BC in the game that can pack a decent armor fit while also having six mids, and you can do so much with tackle, injectors, etc. there. Flying it feels a lot like flying a Myrmidon, except with less drones and more turrets/launchers.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 6, 2017

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

ullerrm posted:

There are basically only two sane directions for fitting a Gnosis:

False: 3

code:
[Gnosis, Maximum Cowardice]
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Stasis Webifier II
10MN Afterburner II
50MN Microwarpdrive II
Warp Scrambler II
Medium Micro Jump Drive
Stasis Webifier II

425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Medium Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Transverse Bulkhead I

Warrior II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Republic Fleet EMP M x3000
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M x3000
Republic Fleet Fusion M x3000
Hail M x3000
Barrage M x3000
Nanite Repair Paste x200
Triple propped for catching people (and running away). Mjd onto a gang, or single person, switch to mwd to get into scram range then ab to keep up your transversal(or speed if youre facing missiles) or to disengage if theyre beating you. You get a sweet neut too, so you can engage a lot of things. You get just as much range control, if not more, and are slippery as hell when escaping. Damage mods split to get max dps, no stacking penalties at all! Also super easy to fit, even with mediocre skills.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eonwe posted:

would you guys please be good to each other

How goes your gaming Eonwe?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

stale meme dot png posted:

Yeah I get the packs ala carte when I need them to keep the totals low. I don't need over 64k bookmarks and I have a sneaking suspicion that if you go over 65535 bookmarks something probably breaks.

If you go over 12K +/- bookmarks, you can no longer create bookmarks and you have to go through the torture of removing a ton of them.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

L0cke17 posted:

False: 3

Oooh, I like that one. Thanks!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

ullerrm posted:

Oooh, I like that one. Thanks!

Ullerm pls comment on this fitting

https://zkillboard.com/kill/58917199/

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

He might have want to do without the skill injectors. It would hurt him less when he lost it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ahahahahahahahahaahahaha

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

:rip:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That's a good fit :discourse:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

lmao, this is great

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

How goes your gaming Eonwe?

its good. im playing lots of games and watching lots of animes.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

DisgracelandUSA posted:

If you go over 12K +/- bookmarks, you can no longer create bookmarks and you have to go through the torture of removing a ton of them.

Maybe before but I just checked and even though I did a large delete after we lost dek, I have ~13k. I undocked in staging and was able to create one. So perhaps they "fixed" something idk

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I don't understand how you guys can have/need so many bookmarks. Maybe I just don't play enough to rack up such a large number.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Ullerm: your RLML Gnosis fit doesn't get any hull damage bonuses. Does that make it less attractive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Dalael posted:

I don't understand how you guys can have/need so many bookmarks. Maybe I just don't play enough to rack up such a large number.

warp safe's for every gate, station, pos, and dead spots in every solar system in the entire regional operating theater you have your poo poo in adds up.

• Locked thread