Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

iospace posted:

Until you get to w-space. Then it's pretty much the only way of life. Which a limit of 500 IS STILL TOO LITTLE.

Wtb alliance level BMs :smith:

#facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Unfunny Poster posted:

I didn't accuse you of being a racist. I said you were, unsurprisingly, unaware of the issues another race faces. I removed it because I figured you woul be easily confused by that statement which you just proved you are.

You know exactly what I meant.

Stop trying to bait me with ad hominem bullshit - or at least make it something plausible.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why not just be better at bookmark management?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I wanted to share about 200 BMs between some alts. after googling, testing and fighting with the UI i pressed alt+f4 and walked away for the day

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tickets to the gunt show posted:

You know exactly what I meant.

Stop trying to bait me with ad hominem bullshit - or at least make it something plausible.

Except, again, I never called you a racist. This is just you making up things that simply never happened.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nex posted:

I wanted to share about 200 BMs between some alts. after googling, testing and fighting with the UI i pressed alt+f4 and walked away for the day

Well that is both giod and bad isn't it?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
*puts feet up and leans back with a cup of tea* Ahhh! OK. Lets sort this out.

EDIT: See you in space, friends!

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 5, 2017

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

nex posted:

Oh gosh, so you would not recommend buying a BM pack for a whole region?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
welp, probation for every poster on this page..

Multilake posted:

nah, i did this once and it was OK - but if you want to share some of those to other characters the pain really begins

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

nex posted:

welp, probation for every poster on this page..

sign me up

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

VideoGames posted:

I love you :allears:

So the skills chat from earlier reminded me I still have an active sub so went to check, luckily the queue only finished this morning I'd completely forgotten about it :shobon:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
would you guys please be good to each other

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Multilake posted:

Well, if you buy it for one char, sure, it's just "drag and drop into bookmarks". The problem is copying them. Say you have an OOC alt, you live in a wormhole, and you're wardecced. You keep your alt around for this sole purpose: supply runs while 'decced. You live in a C5 (or C4, C6, or a non-HS static low class) and have no direct HS, but there's one down the chain. You have to find the right bookmarks, copy it to your personal bookmarks, then drag it to your ship to make a "token" (or what you can give to others). You can't create tokens directly from corp bookmarks, only personal. Also, if I remember right, you can only drag them to your active ship's cargo bay, not your personal hanger in the citadel.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

eonwe posted:

i wish people could handle the bantz without being unfunny or getting offended :negative:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

let Zephyrine back in just to troll despera

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

eonwe posted:

Now bring Widestancer too.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
Since i've been thinking about it more, and have no idea if it would be a good idea, do I meet the requirements to actually join GSF? I think the last time I applied I was in -a- in the impass region learning to speak russian before they got kicked out, and have more or less been unsubbed on and off or flying rifters in groon.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zephyrine posted:

Now bring Widestancer too.

i havent seen widestancer in forever. maybe black baby goku knows whats up with her but i actually dont

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

eonwe posted:

i havent seen widestancer in forever. maybe black baby goku knows whats up with her but i actually dont

The triforce of good posting slumbers still...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

sign me up

:love:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Since i've been thinking about it more, and have no idea if it would be a good idea, do I meet the requirements to actually join GSF? I think the last time I applied I was in -a- in the impass region learning to speak russian before they got kicked out, and have more or less been unsubbed on and off or flying rifters in groon.

I do not see a reason why not (well i see a couple on this page, but those are isolated cases). Just head over to the recruitment thread, should be linked in the OP

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

sixes for the six god

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

hi eonwe welcome back to the bad thread

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

evilweasel posted:

You've got almost all of the amarr dread skills trained to II. At least finish training them to IV (dread, cap turret, tactical weapons reconfig). Won't take long, significantly increases the utility.

But really train Nags

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bilirubin posted:

But really train Nags

Naglfar? More like Swaglfar :getin: (the ship)

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Tell me, if I play this game will I also become Mr. Furious?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Meridian posted:

Depends! You could be like Video Games and just be content to munch rocks all day long. You could be completely chill pvping. Some people get way too invested in the game though, for a multitude of reasons.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

nex posted:

I do not see a reason why not (well i see a couple on this page, but those are isolated cases). Just head over to the recruitment thread, should be linked in the OP

I may go do that, wouldn't hurt to ask, atleast not anymore, I remember it used to be asking in the EVE thread was almost an auto-decline.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meridian posted:

only if someone destroys your herkimer battle jitney

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Meridian posted:

It depends how much fury is already currently within.
I am Mr. Serene and I just mine things in space :D

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
you could, but i recommend just being a chill dude and fly spaceships in space (with goons imo)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Did we ever get to the bottom of which ship was best at the moment? T2 ammo Revelation or T2 ammo Naglfar?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zephyrine posted:

Did we ever get to the bottom of which ship was best at the moment? T2 ammo Revelation or T2 ammo Naglfar?

Reaper. Fite me.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Zephyrine posted:

Naglfar is probably still the best all-around dread, especially if you've got T2 capital autocannons. Partly because it has competitive DPS with Hail, partly because it doesn't need cap for its guns, partly because of the fantastic tracking on its HAW turrets.

Revelations are fantastic with T2 HAWs, as Scorch XL allows you to get decent range on what is normally a very short-range gun while still keeping solid tracking and damage. They're pretty underwhelming with anti-capital guns, though, especially if they're under neut pressure.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

iospace posted:

Well, if you buy it for one char, sure, it's just "drag and drop into bookmarks". The problem is copying them. Say you have an OOC alt, you live in a wormhole, and you're wardecced. You keep your alt around for this sole purpose: supply runs while 'decced. You live in a C5 (or C4, C6, or a non-HS static low class) and have no direct HS, but there's one down the chain. You have to find the right bookmarks, copy it to your personal bookmarks, then drag it to your ship to make a "token" (or what you can give to others). You can't create tokens directly from corp bookmarks, only personal. Also, if I remember right, you can only drag them to your active ship's cargo bay, not your personal hanger in the citadel.

Thanks for elaborating that :) I always wanted some gatespots for the regions I tend to roam to, but wasn't quite sure if it will gently caress up my client/character whatever. I'll buy a few packages than from the lovely guy over at goonfleet.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ullerrm posted:

Naglfar is probably still the best all-around dread, especially if you've got T2 capital autocannons. Partly because it has competitive DPS with Hail, partly because it doesn't need cap for its guns, partly because of the fantastic tracking on its HAW turrets.

Revelations are fantastic with T2 HAWs, as Scorch XL allows you to get decent range on what is normally a very short-range gun while still keeping solid tracking and damage. They're pretty underwhelming with anti-capital guns, though, especially if they're under neut pressure.

Naglfars could even be used like marauders, although I don't know if your tank would do as well, and you don't get the noscope module, and the 5min siege cycle time; but you do get a jump drive.

I think big miker made a video, but now with the severly reduced cost of dreads, as well as HAWs, I see the nag and moros being potentially powerful solo platforms.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

VideoGames posted:

:drat:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

eonwe posted:

only if someone destroys your herkimer battle jitney

:black101:

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
So I started playing Eve a week and a bit ago and I feel kinda lost to be honest. I did all of the opening missions and got a few ships, and for now i'd like to stick to mining. I'm using a Venture with 2 mining lasers, but i'm not really sure how to progress. I'm an Alpha so I can't access all that much.

Any tips for a newbie miner Capsuleer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Multilake posted:

You guys think that this will make loading a poo poo ton of BM's at once (looking at the guy selling regional BM's in goonfleet) work better? I was thinking about purchase some the other day, but after reading that it will most likely cause trouble scared me away.

I've bought a ton of those packs on multiple characters and have absolutely no problem loading them up other than time. IIRC the issue comes up if you have something like 15k bookmarks in P&P. My char with the most is Paco who has something like 12-13k, so if you're over the 15k mark YMMV.

• Locked thread