Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I remember chatting with Matt Sherman back when he was supposed to be working on that. They were going to have bullets travel through the ship and trace damage across anything that it hit. Supposedly that would be one of the advantages over lasers, which would only melt what was on the surface. Or something. I don't know it's all jumbled up in my brain and filed underneath "utter bullshit".
one of the first things that got leaked was about the "realistic" damage model being completely thrown out/gutted

a lot of peeps were all but but but we saw it in action it EXISTS so how can it be gone????

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

one of the first things that got leaked was about the "realistic" damage model being completely thrown out/gutted

a lot of peeps were all but but but we saw it in action it EXISTS so how can it be gone????

lol

I love how people are unable to differentiate between a tech demo and a final product.

Case in point: every edition of Star Marine up to now.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hav posted:

Beet IS Sandi.

It all comes together.

Can't be. Nothing as awesome as Kayak (Or Goons) would have anything to do with saw raw, naked evil hatred.

Also, Beet, at least they dressed it out and ate it, instead of just a trophy kill.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I meant because MOMA is a shark killing oval office (come at me MOMA you oval office)

Thundercatte tax :

:popeye:

I genuinely can't decide what the funniest part of that picture is. What do you think the odds are that guy has a Constellation Phoenix?

On another note, commandos seem to believe that planetary landings are coming in 3.0 (whenever that may be) but if you look closely none of the 3.0 slides from Citcon list "planetary landing" anywhere on them, only the vague "Stanton System Rollout"

How mad do you think they'll be when in addition to not showing up until this summer 3.0 doesn't have any planets to land on?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

his nibs posted:

I guess this represents the archetypal CiG conundrum: If you tell people how something will be then half the Citizen's ~dreams~ of their particular model are screwed. Smoke and mirrors CiG, smoke and mirrors..

CIG's worst moments are always when they try to actually show something.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Doesn't matter. We will have 100 systems to explore. It's a stretch goal after all.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Lol only idiots who don't understand game development ever expected planetary landings in 3.0 4.0 on release ever :smug:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

his nibs posted:

I still find it amazing that after 4 years development CiG haven't nailed down the flight model on a spaceship game

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...to-become-great

Don't overlook the the 1900pg katamari threadnaught about controls/flight model... it's the original forum gulag, going back to 2013...

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/171914/katamari-mega-thread-controller-implementation-balance/p1

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WolfLarsenSC/status/817105233956327424

:gary:

Somebody remind me about this on Saturday.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The cornfield episode of the Twilight Zone, only every instance of 'the cornfield' is replaced with 'the concern forum'.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

gently caress I almost wish I had SC just to crash their party haha

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Need to go hang out with WTFO more and win one of his giveaways imo

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He comes from a long line of riggers.

You could even say the game is rigged.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Beet Wagon posted:

Need to go hang out with WTFO more and win one of his giveaways imo

You can just let him know here.

Hey MoMA, how goes the move?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Private matches I bet, there's a whole thing.

http://challonge.com/SCCL

Should be hilarious to watch.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

I meant because MOMA is a shark killing oval office (come at me MOMA you oval office)

Thundercatte tax :

How do I unsee THAT?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Thundercatte tax :

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, his animation partner is Murtaugh.

Why did nobody empty quote this

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Propagandist posted:

I meant to but then I forgot

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Propagandist posted:

Cos we're getting too old for this poo poo.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

I meant to but then I forgot

:same:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Dooguk posted:

How do I unsee THAT?

Sorry commando, here's some eyebleach: http://i.imgur.com/bFhY5qK.jpg

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

This looks like the mlb logo. Wouldn't be surprised if it was semi archered given everyone involved with SCs track record.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Propagandist posted:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Beet Wagon posted:

:popeye:

I genuinely can't decide what the funniest part of that picture is. What do you think the odds are that guy has a Constellation Phoenix?

On another note, commandos seem to believe that planetary landings are coming in 3.0 (whenever that may be) but if you look closely none of the 3.0 slides from Citcon list "planetary landing" anywhere on them, only the vague "Stanton System Rollout"

How mad do you think they'll be when in addition to not showing up until this summer 3.0 doesn't have any planets to land on?

Dooguk posted:

How do I unsee THAT?

Haha have you guys really never seen that pic? I saw it years ago, makes me laugh every time :allears:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

True shark hunters would dive into the water with a couple of open wounds, no protective clothes and no weapons, if you can't take your quarry on equal terms then you're just prey pretending to be a predator.

(I don't like people who kill anything for sport)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Xaerael posted:

I'm more weirded out that whoever's PC that is, they still have the utterly useless "Ask Cortana" poo poo on their taskbar, taking half of it up. On top of that, three browsers. loving learn to unpin and keep poo poo looking tidy.

I bet theres a lot of 'Cortana, what is a spline?' Cortana, what is Levels of Detail?' going on.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

True shark hunters would dive into the water with a couple of open wounds, no protective clothes and no weapons, if you can't take your quarry on equal terms then you're just prey pretending to be a predator.

(I don't like people who kill anything for sport)

You can skip the open wounds. Just shoot a couple big dumb hogfish and the sharks will show up. They typically don't react to people blood at all, but will come for a wounded fish straight away. Unless the "open wounds" thing was just to make you more uncomfortable.

Okay I'll stop sharkposting now I swear.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

You can skip the open wounds. Just shoot a couple big dumb hogfish and the sharks will show up. They typically don't react to people blood at all, but will come for a wounded fish straight away. Unless the "open wounds" thing was just to make you more uncomfortable.

Okay I'll stop sharkposting now I swear.

Hehe, I just picture a "sports fisherman" having a relaxing swim at the pool only to be shot in the back with an arrow then hoisted up on a weighing machine for photo's with the proud guy who let loose the arrow. Bet they'd complain like gently caress :D

The open wounds thing was purely me being nasty :)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 5, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think people should be allowed to hunt any animal they want, but they have to do it with the same weapons the animal has. Want to hunt moose? Hold still while we strap these antlers to your head. Lions? Hope you're planning to grow out your fingernails and sharpen your teeth.

Actually, what I'd really support is a large area of land, devoid of any fauna whatsoever, where anyone who goes in can hunt and be hunted by anyone else who goes in. Basically, I want The Running Man to be a real thing.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Sorry if it was posted already (i'm like a bajillion pages behind), but...
HOLY poo poo.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DP%20Sayre/video/25338081

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

orcinus posted:

HOLY poo poo.

That's very cool, was that a Thargoid? Looked like one.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Hav posted:

I'm under the impression that Elite does a stripped down version of this, or did.

It does. You can target and destroy components, and some weapons have better hull penetration so are more effective at it. It's not needed on small ships aside from wrecking the cargo bay door to make them spit out whatever they're carrying, but handy against bigger craft as you can cripple essential systems to make them easier to take down.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

orcinus posted:

HOLY poo poo.

that looks sick as hell

can't wait for E:D on PS4 because I suck at flying on the PC

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

TheAgent posted:

that looks sick as hell

can't wait for E:D on PS4 because I suck at flying on the PC

You can use a controller to fly on PC too...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Not only can you not jump into another system in SC, you sure as hell cant be interdicted by a giant whale alien straight out of gunbusters

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Not only can you not jump into another system in SC, you sure as hell cant be interdicted by a giant whale alien straight out of gunbusters

Yeah, but bet they haven't even invented a language for them yet.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

You can use a controller to fly on PC too...
yeah but then I have to sit in front of my computer with a controller like chris roberts

no thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sunswipe posted:

Cue 5 minute saxophone solo.