Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Johnny Aztec posted:

gently caress bikes and gently caress you. Ya'll as bad as vegans

Such a close call on the entitle-o-meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dienes posted:

You really do.

dawww

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

This is absolutely nothing without the audio and the accompanying Nirvana remix.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

HEY NONG MAN posted:

This is absolutely nothing without the audio and the accompanying Nirvana remix.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oeb5LdAyLC8

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Glagha posted:

Hell yeah resistant to anesthesia bros. I always have to tell people to stick me again because the first time never takes. Like when I had to get stitches after slicing off the tip of my thumb. Does proper knife use in the home count as OSHA material?

Sorry to resurrect this so late, but I am super resistant to anesthesia. I woke up from general during minor surgery once and when I finally was able to utter some sounds the nurse heard and didn't do poo poo. gently caress her. I still remember having that loving surgery.

Fun fact: they gave me that memory drug that makes you forget poo poo for the last few hours at the end of the procedure, probably why they didn't knock me out again. My wife and I went home and watched a movie. That stupid drug made me forget all about the movie but not the actual surgery.

I'd probably rather die than have surgery and risk that again. And I work at a company that makes surgical tools.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Via PYF Scahdenfreude.

http://i.imgur.com/vlmMbmy.mp4

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Bacon Taco posted:

Sorry to resurrect this so late, but I am super resistant to anesthesia. I woke up from general during minor surgery once and when I finally was able to utter some sounds the nurse heard and didn't do poo poo. gently caress her. I still remember having that loving surgery.
If you were able to utter sounds you weren't under true general. True general involves shoving a tube in your trachea, or lodging a device in the back of your throat to assist you breathing. You remembering a bit is not unexpected, or unacceptable. You were just under heavy sedation.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 6, 2017

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Bum the Sad posted:

If you were able to utter sounds you weren't under true general. True general involves shoving a tube in your trachea, or lodging a device in the back of your throat to assist you breathing. You remembering a bit is not unexpected, or unacceptable. You were just under heavy sedation.
Yes. If it was a truly minor surgery, they might have been doing "twilight anesthesia", which is not anesthesia as most people understand it. You're awake, they just roofie you with midazolam so you don't remember the surgery and use local/regional anesthesia for pain relief.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DiHK posted:

As a (somewhat) new parent all I can say is HOLY loving CHRIST WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Grow up, you big baby. The alligator is trained and everyone hates parents who act like this.

zedprime posted:

I've always liked this video extra because beside the silly awesome bike trick, it puts into perspective how and why scooter entourages cause accidents during bike races.

actually bicycle races cause accidents all by themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKoJnVzikDo

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yes. If it was a truly minor surgery, they might have been doing "twilight anesthesia", which is not anesthesia as most people understand it. You're awake, they just roofie you with midazolam so you don't remember the surgery and use local/regional anesthesia for pain relief.
Who ever provided his anesthesia explained it shittily more than likely. I always tell people "I'm going to give you some good medications to keep you asleep and comfortable for this procedure, generally you shouldn't remember anything all, but there's a chance you might flutter your eyes for a second or two and then fall right back asleep once or twice during the procedure, and that's just because we have to balance between giving you enough medication to keep you asleep but not so much that you stop breathing, and we'd rather stay on the safe side"

Never had a patient complain. But anyway from the sounds of it homeboy here just had some minor poo poo with midazolam from a nurse like you said. Not a proper deep sedation from an anesthesia provider.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I dunno, putting my young child on an apex predator is high on my list of "poo poo i won't ever do and scare the gently caress out of me".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Glagha posted:

I dunno, putting my young child on an apex predator is high on my list of "poo poo i won't ever do and scare the gently caress out of me".

actually humans are the apex predator in that situation

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Gator tastes pretty good!

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

I see bicyclists tailgating cars and heavy vehicles all the time. Fixie brake or not, they're not going to out-brake a car so so I'm looking forward to seeing more of this:

Rear-ending a car is entirely avoidable if the bike has decent brakes, there's no excuse there. The spandex weekend warriors are the problem here.

Some OSHA bike schadenfreude- Copenhagen has the most bicycle commuters in the world next to Amsterdam. It's also illegal to turn right on a red light, which is often flouted. Occasionally during rush hour the police will lurk at a busy intersection and pull over flocks of cyclists. They literally have to stand in queue for their tickets.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

What the hell? This sounds like a Black Mirror episode. For the dude who was awake: Did you feel it?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

What the hell? This sounds like a Black Mirror episode.
That's how they do most every minor procedure. Like if you're getting a colonoscopy, they just roofie you with midazolam, which is like super IV Valium or Xanax. Then throw a little pain killer like fentanyl on top for some extra sedation.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Sagebrush posted:

Grow up, you big baby. The alligator is trained and everyone hates parents who act like this.

You're right dude. Well trained animals are totally safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH4HL2AVYcI

Don't call me a helicopter parent. I enjoy watching my kid learn things like Gravity and Inertia.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

No, you don't put your small child on a predator, no matter how well-trained, that has a series of reflexes that make it ridiculously easy to trigger a bite, roll, etc. There's been handlers that lost limbs because a drop of water/sweat touched a receptor on the wrong part of the snout for an otherwise docile gator.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Crocodiles are much scarier, but even gators will eat children if you just like, hand them one.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

At the very least the gator should have some tape around the snout. Then the only concern is it throwing the child off!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think it's been over a year since i posted this, so here it is again

http://imgur.com/r/oilfieldfails

if i remember correctly at some point you'll see a degloved finger and the guy was wearing a wedding ring, so if you're squeamish have a bucket ready.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Powershift posted:

if i remember correctly at some point you'll see a degloved finger and the guy was wearing a wedding ring, so if you're squeamish have a bucket ready.

Second worst thing I've seen involving a wedding ring.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well, apart from the rare exception where a snake is being held by lots of people but a loving idiot just happens to wander by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HBYXnubA2I

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

ponzicar posted:

Second worst thing I've seen involving a wedding ring.

Sorry about your wedding day.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Crocodiles are much scarier, but even gators will eat children if you just like, hand them one.

It's like that trick where you balance a treat on a dog's nose.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Glagha posted:

The average dog could murder your child before you could stop it, but that rarely gives anyone pause.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

DiHK posted:

You're right dude. Well trained animals are totally safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH4HL2AVYcI

Don't call me a helicopter parent. I enjoy watching my kid learn things like Gravity and Inertia.

lol good video

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dienes posted:

You really do.

That dog looks very unwell.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Platystemon posted:

The average dog could murder your child before you could stop it, but that rarely gives anyone pause.

Hey idiot, one of these animals has been socialized through thousands of years of eugenics and the other grew in a kiddie pool in Florida.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hey idiot, one of these animals has been socialized through thousands of years of eugenics and the other grew in a kiddie pool in Florida.

Guess which one kills children monthly.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

BattleMaster posted:

lol good video

At first I was dissapointed, but then I realized it was perfect. That sexy pic of Roy was bonus!

Tricky D posted:

One one hand I wish I cared enough look up dog population vs fatal dog attacks and show that next to alligator pop/fatal attacks. On the other hand you're just some kind of apologist for dumb people. :frogout:

DiHK fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 6, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tricky D posted:

How many millions of dogs are in households compared to alligators?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

chitoryu12 posted:

How many millions of dogs are in households compared to alligators?

In the great state of Florida it's like one for one.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

But enough about goons.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Glagha posted:

Gators would have a hell of a time biting someone on their back

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tricky D posted:

Aatrek?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I can't believe there are people saying that putting a small child on a carnivorous animal five times their size is a totally fine idea. I mean... what? Has modern western society inured people that much to the dangers of wild animals? :psyduck:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Powershift posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!