Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Data Graham posted:

Ambitions-wise, he sounds a little like that Christian home builder guy in Wisconsin who thought he was going to become the next Walt Disney by making lavishly animated cartoon ads for new house construction, starring a Mickey Mouse ripoff, animated by his own in-house studio.

Hahaha what the gently caress was this? Do you have any links?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

treiz01 posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress was this? Do you have any links?

This was the original exposé in 2007:

https://www.milwaukeemag.com/2007/01/17/MiracleHomes/

And I thought that was the end of it. But as of 2012 the guy was still somehow at it:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/biz/indie-2d-feature-comes-to-hollywood-for-production-63967.html

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PCsXDDpE3g

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Jan 5, 2017

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Disney is waiting to see if he makes any money before they take it.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Ularg posted:

I managed to get to a weird part of youtube where it's just videos of people scrapping stuff off their body or peeling their skin. And people are getting really close to fetishizing it. A lot of "I wish I was there to pick at that skin all day". This is all gross, yet fascinating.

This is fun until YouTube assumes that's all you want to watch forever now. Your "Recommended" section will never be the same.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Delete them from your viewing history my droogs

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

DandyLion posted:

Disney is waiting to see if he makes any money before they take it.

It'll never work.

Kids don't want to watch old-people cartoons drawn on gay paper like some sort of caveman painting a cave with smeared poo poo.

They want 3 MUTHUFUCKUNG Deeeez nutz!

:smith:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

This is fun until YouTube assumes that's all you want to watch forever now. Your "Recommended" section will never be the same.

How does your foot even get like that? I've never done any special foot care and the worst I've had is my heels being dry. :wtc:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

How does your foot even get like that? I've never done any special foot care and the worst I've had is my heels being dry. :wtc:

Waiter's Curse.

If you don't properly tip the guy who shreds fresh Parmesan onto your macaroni, your foot turns into cheese.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh, we're doing scraping stuff off your body again? Guess I'll be the first to repost this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJDh5oorLFg

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Guy Goodbody posted:

The world's worst comedian delivers a half hour set to an audience of Belgian Tesla owners who sit in polite silence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDVkLDElFok

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sponge Baathist posted:

This is really gross and NMS but I'm gonna still post it as a pic not a link because it's art not gore and there's only 2 pictures on this page.

If this picture disturbs you choose between watching it fully or never having had watched the first part at all.

What a waste of makeup.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's all corn syrup and food coloring and a bit of cotton. I worked for a big name haunted house that's about 5 minutes of work.

Graedyn
Feb 21, 2009

Wedge Regret

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is that due to the malice or incompetence of the booker, or due to how bland and inoffensive "corporate comedy" is forced to be?

Or possibly due to the hack comedians doing the corporate rounds? Or due to nepotism/laziness? i.e. "I'll book this guy coz I booked him last year and the year before and/or some other company booked him, it's easier than actually looking for a comedian."

Speaking as someone who works at a Fortune 500 company, it simply comes down to not offending absolutely anyone. That's really all it is. Companies are so afraid of being sued that, while they may consider it necessary to hire entertainment, they're going to make damned sure that whoever they hire will not commit assault on ANYONE'S sensibilities. I'm not kidding when I say that we employees are required to take mandatory quarterly trainings on what things are appropriate to say, what type of jokes can be told and who we should tell if we *think* someone crossed the line, what we can have hanging up in cubicles, what subjects are safe...I thank my lucky stars every day that I work solely from home.

e: fixed spelling

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

And America is better for it

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Apparently dude got electrocuted and that's what happens to the skin on your foot when it becomes the ground.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Graedyn posted:

Speaking as someone who works at a Fortune 500 company, it simply comes down to not offending absolutely anyone.

When overseeing corporate events, a very early rule (maybe not 1, but single digits) is "no comedians". You have to choose between boring and offensive. I've only seen it work once, and that person had a reputation to preserve and knew they were on a public global stage.

Magicians, jugglers, acrobats, singers and other musicians, hypnotists, employee talent shows, bingo, whatever. No comedians.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

There are so many worst parts of this image

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I can only wonder how hosed up the VHS tapes on the shelf are that they had to turn their titles against the wall.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Somfin posted:

There are so many worst parts of this image

The worst thing by far is shelving the VHS tapes with the spine facing the wall. What if you want to find a specific tape?!

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Why did I click links while eating

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
The worst part is the wet spot, let's be real.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

fullroundaction posted:

The worst part is the wet spot, let's be real.

What about the folds above the mantits?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Wolverine looks so resigned at the fact that nothing moves the Blob.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

The titles among their books are quite eclectic:
Feng Shui
1001 Home Remedies
Harm Foods?
Well Being
Muscle Cars

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I'm the video tape collection

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

:psyduck:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

He didn't even invent that joke!

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Man oh man do I ever love a good internet crazy person. That Daily Beast article is beautiful.

I wonder what that "I named every band and song of the last 40 years" lady is up to these days.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

walrusman posted:

Man oh man do I ever love a good internet crazy person. That Daily Beast article is beautiful.

I wonder what that "I named every band and song of the last 40 years" lady is up to these days.

Amy Lee? The person who the singer of Evanescence is named after and definitely not the other way around? Probably still being the most influential person in western culture.

klugman
Jan 28, 2009

hybriseris posted:

Browsing his eyesore of a website and:

:stonk:

hope he does not turn into a quantity~overall telomerase quality man

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Internet Wizard posted:

Amy Lee? The person who the singer of Evanescence is named after and definitely not the other way around? Probably still being the most influential person in western culture.

I had to look this up. It's pretty great.

A crazy person posted:

I wrote the song "Thriller" recorded by Michael Jackson as a 15 year old kid. The song was inspired by Boris Karloff's television show "Thriller". Since I was not given credit for the song Eddie Van Halen wanted to help me and I asked him to paint his now famous guitar like the logo for the Thriller television show of "white stripes". I would later name a group The White Stripes while writing songs they would record. CALL ME A FRAUD AGAIN JERK!!!!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Graedyn posted:

Speaking as someone who works at a Fortune 500 company, it simply comes down to not offending absolutely anyone. That's really all it is. Companies are so afraid of being sued that, while they may consider it necessary to hire entertainment, they're going to make damned sure that whoever they hire will not commit assault on ANYONE'S sensibilities. I'm not kidding when I say that we employees are required to take mandatory quarterly trainings on what things are appropriate to say, what type of jokes can be told and who we should tell if we *think* someone crossed the line, what we can have hanging up in cubicles, what subjects are safe...I thank my lucky stars every day that I work solely from home.

e: fixed spelling

And yet this guy tells at least one date rape joke, so I'm not sure how thorough that vetting process is.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
For the love of Jesus Christ do not click this :nms: and :nws: link if
A you are squeamish
2 you're at work
or if youre not okay seeing somebody die in a higher resolution and caliber than, say, bud dwyer was captured in and killed with.
[link removed]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What the gently caress

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
What the gently caress, dude.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sponge Baathist posted:

A you are squeamish
2 you're at work
or if youre not okay seeing somebody die in a higher resolution and caliber than, say, bud dwyer was captured in and killed with.
[link removed]

you know that saying dont click this link is the best way to get people to click it right?

that was your intention, right?

Somebody has a new favorite as of 18:33 on Jan 6, 2017

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Sponge Baathist posted:

A you are squeamish
2 you're at work
[link removed]

You are mentally ill and disgusting

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!
That was definitely a new one for me. Almost didn't seem real, but I know it is....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Sponge Baathist posted:

A you are squeamish
2 you're at work
[link removed]

Jesus gently caress, that looks cartoonist!

• Locked thread