Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BTRowland/status/817114210337509378

https://twitter.com/KLChouinard/status/817114167735881728

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
the only thing left for me to see this season is Joel Embiid's response to staying in the spooky OKC hotel

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
IT is good because he tries really hard. Any one of us could be a star NBA point guard, with sufficient Care.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

i'm sorry you must deal with reggie i feel your pain :sympathy:

Empty 20 pt 10 ast games remind me of the NBA of my youth

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

I'm pretty sure people 'round here were calling IT the best late draft pick ever (up with Ginobili) when he was still on the Kings.

His defense will always be really really bad but his offense is at least twice as good as his defense is bad.

Avery is such a good pairing with him. Gosh they're both having great years

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I really hope "Lionheart" Mike Conley gets to be an all-star because itd mean so much to him and he deserves a nice thing

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Quincy Pondexter just underwent another knee surgery today.

So that probably means out for the season. Hoo. Ray. Looks like he played his busted knee into oblivion last year.

No no no my man Coupon, not The Saver

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I really hope "Lionheart" Mike Conley gets to be an all-star because itd mean so much to him and he deserves a nice thing
It was probably nice to get the biggest contract in NBA history. I bet that was loving sweeeeeet

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Well it was considerate for Dwane Casey to elaborate on why JV has never been allowed to play in the fourth quarter and why it'll never change

quote:

"If your big guys don't dominate, you have to go small," Casey said. "I tell Jonas [Valanciunas]: 'Oh, you want to play more? Then dominate. I don't want to see fadeaways over 6-8 guys. Get to the rim. Get every offensive rebound. If not, you're coming out.'"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It was probably nice to get the biggest contract in NBA history. I bet that was loving sweeeeeet

Yeah getting a ton of money is pretty cool. But that all star nod, I really think he'd smile real big at that. And Mike has a very nice smile.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
After his face got crunched in by CJ McCollum, I went to a game and they showed Mike on the Jumbotron in a luxury box watching the game and cheering on the Grizz. He immediately got a standing ovation and got choked up because we were all hollering for him. I also shed a thug tear. He's a cool dude.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

NickRoweFillea posted:

After his face got crunched in by CJ McCollum, I went to a game and they showed Mike on the Jumbotron in a luxury box watching the game and cheering on the Grizz. He immediately got a standing ovation and got choked up because we were all hollering for him. I also shed a thug tear. He's a cool dude.

How do you describe a thug tear? I assume it's not a tattoo, but in some sense it is more permanent?

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Jimmy Goldstein's house is incredible

https://twitter.com/ChrisVernonShow/status/817137870985015296

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well it was considerate for Dwane Casey to elaborate on why JV has never been allowed to play in the fourth quarter and why it'll never change

I thought it was his real bad defense

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Cool Buff Man posted:

For fucks sake, no one on this team can dominate other than Lowry and Derozan because the whole offense is 'feed them'. I mean it mostly works, but it doesn't work as well come playoffs and Casey is just not interested in getting role players going. You know how to other teams have random guys that go off for twenty points sometimes? That pretty much doesn't happen with the Raptors because there's no plan B if the Lowry and Derozan show isn't working.

People talk about the measure of a good coach being getting good performances out of your role players. Popovich is great at it. Carlisle is great at it. Casey isn't interested in it. For fucks sake.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Seems like an honest assessment of the current state of the game if you read the whole article for context.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Gonna save all these IT quotes for the next time the Lillard bashing starts.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Papercut posted:

Lillard was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, we can't all be 6'3 and go to Weber State

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Whooping Crabs posted:

I loved Bogut during his time in Milwaukee even though he never lived up to his draft position. He bought a couple of rows of season tickets and gave them out for free to fans as long as they would cheer for the team to keep the crowd energy up. He did this like every year he was there.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's because they were all white

No it's because tickets in Milwaukee cost $6 apiece

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Papercut posted:

I don't see much Lillard bashing outside of the context of the pairing of him and McCollum being a total disaster defensively, which is true. The Celtics don't have that problem with IT because Avery Bradley is a very good defender

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
They still have that cheering section. They have try outs every year and you get free tickets to every game if you get picked. They are called Cream City Clash now.

It is best to know where they are before purchasing tickets.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/817167793871355905

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
o man beaten^

but o man

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

finally, korver and dunleavy together

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
why atlanta why

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

R.D. Mangles posted:

finally, korver and dunleavy together

i think dun leavy

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Oh boy

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

ffs

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It has crapshoot aspects with lots of 1v8 upsets but unless you're going back to pre-WW2 days I can't agree with this at all. We're still seen the Cup being passed around between the ruling class of elite teams these past few years to where there's been 4 different champs in the past 8 seasons with pretty loaded lineups. Which average teams do you think have won it?

Carolina Hurricanes, 2006

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
CAVS: do you really want to see GSW win anything ever again?

ATL: ....gently caress it

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Move over AI, Korver is the new Answer (to GS signing KD)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh hey, apparently Jimmy Butler is on the trading block.

God bless this front office.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
What do Cleveland actually have to give in a trade? Isn't their next draft pick in like 2038?

Wow looking it up they actually have their own first rounder this year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

tanglewood1420 posted:

What do Cleveland actually have to give in a trade? Isn't their next draft pick in like 2038?

Mike Dunleavy Jr?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dexo posted:

Oh hey, apparently Jimmy Butler is on the trading block.

God bless this front office.
Source? I can't imagine that would go over well, even in comparison to other recent moves they've made. And I don't see how they'd come out ahead in that trade.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Mike Dunleavy Jr?

Yo if Griff trades one washed up injured white wing for a different washed up slightly less injured white wing I will laugh until I cry

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

HOLD ON IF HE TRADES MY BOY KAY I'M GOING BALLISTIC. HOLD ME BACK N/V THREAD, HOLD ME BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So I guess this means Atlanta is blowing it up, otherwise why would would they help the Cavs? ps give us Milsap pls

• Locked thread