Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Accidentally picked up some twine out of a barrel when trying to talk to a merchant.

Cue seven or so guards 10 or so levels above me flipping the gently caress out and trying to kill me. I tried running off and two of them chased me halfway across the map.

I said gently caress it and tried to fight them. Knocked them both over with Aard, then a third, completely invisible guard hit me twice and killed me.

Witcher 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

A Witcher's natural Predator is a Mob of Humans

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

How final are the 'final preparations' quests? I only have Yen's go to. Straight from there to the ending?

Also I binged through Hearts of Stone and these sure are some Dark Souls bosses.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Nah, there's still another set of quests similar to Final Preparations after it.

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature

Arcsquad12 posted:

One thing you should be aware of is that the game has quicktime events, but no hint that there actually are any in the game. They just sort of show up, and absolutely will ruin your day the first few times you play.

You can turn off QTEs in the menu, and it disables most or all of them, which I very much recommend.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

OatBoy posted:

You can turn off QTEs in the menu, and it disables most or all of them, which I very much recommend.

I wish I knew that when I did my last playthrough.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I don't know man, I think that's Australia to the 13 colonies.

:drat:

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Arcsquad12 posted:

I wish I knew that when I did my last playthrough.

I feel like I've either turned them all off or have no idea what they are. Are they the 'auto finishers' or something else? I don't think I fiddled with any such settings...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

bewilderment posted:

I feel like I've either turned them all off or have no idea what they are. Are they the 'auto finishers' or something else? I don't think I fiddled with any such settings...
Dodge the dragon in the prologue, do something to the dragon in the ending sequence, a bunch of others that I cant remember.

edit: do something to Roche when you are in the dungeon getting interrogated, heheh

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the Kayran has some obnoxious ones

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

it: do something to Roche when you are in the dungeon getting interrogated, heheh

I loved this part so much

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the Kayran has some obnoxious ones
Oh lawd I had forced those out of my mind, gently caress.

Also, "USE THE YRDEN!"

Dr Cheeto posted:

I loved this part so much
It was pretty great and I was really glad that someone actually did something like that.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I remember having a bunch of trouble fighting the kayran the first time, finally killed it, celebrated a bit and then loving died because I didn't realise it would go into QTEs. That was hosed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Any fix for the issue where merchants either disappear or become inert besides saving and reloading?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Meditating for an hour.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I can't remember what the Roche QTE was...

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Fuzz posted:

I can't remember what the Roche QTE was...

If you complete the prompt you attack Roche and knock him to the ground.

Then Ves barges in and straight-up kills you with a crossbow. Time to load a save, idiot.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 5, 2017

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Are there any mods that make rainy weather less dark?
Ii seems to be raining 75% of the time in Velen, and I can't see a drat thing.
Turning up gamma doesn't seem to help a whole lot, even when the slider is actually working.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Use the lighting mod linked earlier.

That Tower out of Nowhere quest was :smugbert: as gently caress hahaha.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Witcher 2 actually had a couple places where you could get killed in a conversation if you were a giant moron. The other one I can think of is when you are talking to iorveth while you are still enemies and he has 15 dudes with bows trained on you, and you just do nothing but insult him repeatedly

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Yeah I think I got conversation killed twice just seeing what I could get away with

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah I think I got conversation killed twice just seeing what I could get away with

Yeah when a millenia old, unimaginably powerful being says 'don't loving ask me any more questions and get to the loving point' you better do what the gently caress he says

I replayed the scene a couple of times to get answers to all the questions

Added: This is really a testament to the writing of this scene and the leadup to it. Everyone who you talk to about this particular guy says "nope nope nope last resort" and "lol yeah I don't want to go anywhere near that guy" and because you're the (at least at that point in the game) nearly invincible monster killer you, the player, are like 'he's probably a chump' and then when you finally get around to this thing that other characters have been warning you about everything they said was true and there isn't even an option to fight back. You just die.

I feel that's rare in video games.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 6, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ice Fist posted:

The Lady of Pain eh? Well she let me off with just a mild mazing last time I hosed with her and I am an immortal, so I'll just go ahead and gently caress with her aga-

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

The Lady of Pain eh? Well she let me off with just a mild mazing last time I hosed with her and I am an immortal, so I'll just go ahead and gently caress with her aga-

Holy poo poo, I couldn't even imagine how amazing a Planescape Torment a la Witcher game from CDProjekt would be.

The Nameless One would, of course, be a mage. :black101:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ice Fist posted:

Yeah when a millenia old, unimaginably powerful being says 'don't loving ask me any more questions and get to the loving point' you better do what the gently caress he says

Added: This is really a testament to the writing of this scene and the leadup to it. Everyone who you talk to about this particular guy says "nope nope nope last resort" and "lol yeah I don't want to go anywhere near that guy" and because you're the (at least at that point in the game) nearly invincible monster killer you, the player, are like 'he's probably a chump' and then when you finally get around to this thing that other characters have been warning you about everything they said was true and there isn't even an option to fight back. You just die.

Sorry, what part was this? I've played through the Iorveth path but it's been maybe two years.

e: lol whoops it's blood and wine

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 6, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Drifter posted:

Holy poo poo, I couldn't even imagine how amazing a Planescape Torment a la Witcher game from CDProjekt would be.

The Nameless One would, of course, be a mage. :black101:

Oh goddammit now I'm angry at them because they haven't already made this and they're not ever going to :mad:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ice Fist posted:

I dont remember encountering this but I may just be forgetful or missing the context...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I dont remember encountering this but I may just be forgetful or missing the context...

It's the alternate option at the end of Blood and Wine, which Detlaff frequently warns you not to do because it is crazy and you'll probably die (I did the storybook option instead and it ruled forever).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jerusalem posted:

It's the alternate option at the end of Blood and Wine, which Detlaff frequently warns you not to do because it is crazy and you'll probably die (I did the storybook option instead and it ruled forever).
Oh thats why I am confused. I thought he was referencing something in W2, not one of the expansions from W3 that I havent played yet :v:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
I missed the steam sale, any good leads on getting the full package for a better price?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
best bet might be this: https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=witcheriiiwildhuntgameofyearedition

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey I just threw a baby in an oven nbd :feelsgood:

Given the conversation they had right before that scene, Geralt has to be breathtakingly stupid to feel sad about it. Either that or the demon was.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Funniest quest in the whole drat game

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cerys: "Okay so the way we get rid of this demon is one of has to trick the other into being sad but the other person can't know they're being tricked or the demon will know"
Geralt: "k"
Cerys: "Here put this baby in an oven and also kill those three villagers for some reason"
Geralt: "k....oh wow now I'm sad"

Demon: "haha gotcha bitch"

Cerys: "Oh man we totally got you haha you fell for that? Beat it nerd"

Demon: *dies*

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I still don't get how she fooled Geralt within the confines of the world. It's not like baby dolls that are lifelike are even a thing, also it was crying inside the oven. Poof! At least show the oven has a false back or something. Also Geralt still murders the poo poo out of the three guards over a LOL PRANK'D type misunderstanding.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
You don't have to murder the three guards, you can just dodge around or stunlock them with Aard or something for a while.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think it had a false back. They show her walking out of the room behind the oven, implying that she pulled it out right after. At least that's how I took it anyway.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Punk'd is really hardcore in the world of The Witcher

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I think it had a false back. They show her walking out of the room behind the oven, implying that she pulled it out right after. At least that's how I took it anyway.

That other room is locked afterwards, but if you look beforehand you see there is a false back. So Geralt is putting not a doll, but a real live baby into a burning oven. But they take it out after, so it's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A super hot redhead with a sexy accent asked Geralt to do something, so he did it.

That is all I need in the way of explanation for that.