Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

i mean...... where does that leave us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

This is where it leaves us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

redneck nazgul posted:

Well, look at the two sides:

The people claiming Russian interference is the BIG GOVERNMENT that's always ruining everything and a party of sore losers who don't represent real Americans.

The people being attacked for benefiting from Russian interference is the guy who promised to bring back your lovely coal job and fix all of your problems, his cronies who are going to grift a gorillian dollars from the economy, and the conservative assholes who have been salivating at the possibility of destroying anything that doesn't benefit super-rich assholes.

So, absolutely loving nothing is going to happen because the people in power aren't going to implicate themselves and the people who do care are going to get shouted down by Twitter and a news media focused on eyeballs-on-stories that will happily drop the subject when Trump tweets about something else.

what bothers me is how right you are

so yeah, we are hosed royally and completely for ever and ever amen

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Two Finger posted:

i guess what keeps running through my mind is why are the russians interfering and why is trump fighting so hard to stop them being looked at?

because he asked them to do it is my guess

so if it comes out that i'm right, then not only do you have foreign intervention but on behalf of the beneficiary of it

i mean...... where does that leave us?

I doubt there was a Trump/Putin conspiracy, but if there was, there will need to be very compelling smoking gun.

In that case, it probably leaves us with high crimes and misdemeanors, i.e., impeachment.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

joat mon posted:

I doubt there was a Trump/Putin conspiracy, but if there was, there will need to be very compelling smoking gun.

In that case, it probably leaves us with high crimes and misdemeanors, i.e., impeachment.

no, you're probably right, but it all smells pretty fishy to me

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Two Finger posted:

no, you're probably right, but it all smells pretty fishy to me

Imagine if a piece of poo poo was advocating for you to get some type of position because he knew that you attaining that position would give him relatively more power. It's never explicitly stated, but you know it and so does everyone else. Now imagine that position you got would be somewhat delegitimized if people found out that a total piece of poo poo might have had something to do with you attaining that position.

Now imagine you're a completely incompetent narcissist. It's not fishy. It's just the perfect storm.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

oh yeah, never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence

what do you call that, hooke's law?

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
When is the government going to have a massive strike against trump or have a soft coup, I mean this is insane.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

TBeats posted:

Imagine if a piece of poo poo was advocating for you to get some type of position because he knew that you attaining that position would give him relatively more power. It's never explicitly stated, but you know it and so does everyone else. Now imagine that position you got would be somewhat delegitimized if people found out that a total piece of poo poo might have had something to do with you attaining that position.

Now imagine you're a completely incompetent narcissist. It's not fishy. It's just the perfect storm.

This.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/817152673829060608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

So begins the revolving door as advisers realize he's absolutely insane.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/312630-gop-panel-to-probe-obama-response-to-russia-hacking

GOP has announced they will probe Obama's response to Russia hacking.

JESUS loving CHRIST.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

this is fun to watch

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/312630-gop-panel-to-probe-obama-response-to-russia-hacking

GOP has announced they will probe Obama's response to Russia hacking.

JESUS loving CHRIST.

hahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahhaahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahaahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahhahahhahaahahahahhaahahahhahahhahahahaahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0sFtRTlx4

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Two Finger posted:

oh yeah, never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence

what do you call that, hooke's law?
Hanlon's razor.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I guess I'll give the same pep talk that I've been giving to friends and family.

If poo poo is bothering you call your representative's office. Let them (politely) know what's bothering you and why. A friend of mine who works for a (Republican) congressman's office in another state said when they were talking about rolling back that oversight agency earlier this week, the office got over 100 phone calls from constituents who were upset about it and this is a fairly rural district in a red state. That's what got them to back down: backlash.

Interact with your elected officials, interact with them regularly. Even if you're fortunate enough to live in a blue district let them know what's bothering you and what issues are concerning you. Do this, convince everyone you know to do this and maybe these clowns will realize that if they go full-tilt insane there'll be a political price to pay.

If all you're doing is :ohdear:-ing on an internet forum you're part of the problem. Get engaged, please.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I guess I'll give the same pep talk that I've been giving to friends and family.

If poo poo is bothering you call your representative's office. Let them (politely) know what's bothering you and why. A friend of mine who works for a (Republican) congressman's office in another state said when they were talking about rolling back that oversight agency earlier this week, the office got over 100 phone calls from constituents who were upset about it and this is a fairly rural district in a red state. That's what got them to back down: backlash.

Interact with your elected officials, interact with them regularly. Even if you're fortunate enough to live in a blue district let them know what's bothering you and what issues are concerning you. Do this, convince everyone you know to do this and maybe these clowns will realize that if they go full-tilt insane there'll be a political price to pay.

If all you're doing is :ohdear:-ing on an internet forum you're part of the problem. Get engaged, please.

can i get a pass since i can't get involved in american politics

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Two Finger posted:

Sure but if you see an American Henny-Pennying over something please remind them to call their congressman.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
step it up a notch

call their congressmen anyways two finger

hell call all of them and see if they call you out on it

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I live in a blue district in a red state so my rep can't do jack.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

step it up a notch

call their congressmen anyways two finger

hell call all of them and see if they call you out on it

give me a name and a number and i'll call them and explain who i am and why i'm calling and tell them i don't want to die in nuclear hellfire

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

something tells me the 30-digit caller id will give it away :xd:

I'm real-talking about the engagement thing though. That's the only real defense the average person has. Don't go down without a fight.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Just start putting in numbers
http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Here is mine
http://samjohnson.house.gov/

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

I live in a blue district in a red state so my rep can't do jack.

Call your Senators then. Call your rep anyway, tell them what's concerning you. For how much people bitch about Democrats there sure is a lot of hand-sitting.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Two Finger posted:

give me a name and a number and i'll call them and explain who i am and why i'm calling and tell them i don't want to die in nuclear hellfire
Just tell 'em you're a naturalized American visiting family back home.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

"I'm from Auckland"
"Is that near dallas?"
"Sure"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

like real talk if i'm calling them what do i tell them beyond GET TRUMP OUT JFC

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

something tells me the 30-digit caller id will give it away :xd:

I'd legit make some calls if it could stave off living in a frozen variant of a Mad Max hellscape, and me being a dirty foreigner won't be given away by my caller ID as long as the congressperson I'm calling doesn't realize area code 778 is in Canada

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
My Rep and Senators are human garbage so prepare for 4 years of me politically shitposting

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Two Finger posted:

like real talk if i'm calling them what do i tell them beyond GET TRUMP OUT JFC

Pretend you are talking to an 8 year old but stay civil.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm going to call Tammy Duckworth because she's great and I'd like to say thanks for all of her hard work.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Done.

https://moolenaar.house.gov

And done. (For now)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the guy who authored the bill to gut the ethics committee is my rep lol

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Call your Senators then. Call your rep anyway, tell them what's concerning you. For how much people bitch about Democrats there sure is a lot of hand-sitting.

I've actually done quite a bit of real work with real results but none of it involves calling people with little power and less fucks to give thanks to gerrymandering.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

TBeats posted:

the guy who authored the bill to gut the ethics committee is my rep lol

What
was
his
name
?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

What
was
his
name
?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Goodlatte

he proposed it. i'm sure it wasn't just him that wrote it. but he was the spearhead of the spearhead.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/817186260532002817

Not that Mexico was on the hook to begin with anyways

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm going to call Tammy Duckworth because she's great and I'd like to say thanks for all of her hard work.

I would support her for anything she chose to run for. She's awesome.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've actually done quite a bit of real work with real results but none of it involves calling people with little power and less fucks to give thanks to gerrymandering.

:nallears:

continue the wailing and teethgnashing then

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Two Finger posted:

Time to get a US Google Voice number. Do your part, citizen!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I received a donation flier for NTI yesterday.

http://www.nti.org/

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Both senators and my congressman are Democrats. Actually good ones too. I'd just be pesteribg them with poo poo they're already working on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Sergeant Majors around the globe just felt a disturbance in the force.

Sergeants Major*

• Locked thread