Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Source? I can't imagine that would go over well, even in comparison to other recent moves they've made. And I don't see how they'd come out ahead in that trade.

It's for Jae Crowder and the Nets pick, no doubt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

AggressivelyStupid posted:

HOLD ON IF HE TRADES MY BOY KAY I'M GOING BALLISTIC. HOLD ME BACK N/V THREAD, HOLD ME BACK

*applies light pressure to ur chest with one arm* it's not worth it man!!!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

chunkles posted:

*applies light pressure to ur chest with one arm* it's not worth it man!!!

If it's enough for KG it's enough for me

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Hooo boy

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Source? I can't imagine that would go over well, even in comparison to other recent moves they've made. And I don't see how they'd come out ahead in that trade.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2685425-bucher-buzz-league-sources-say-bulls-have-begun-shopping-jimmy-butler

quote:

League sources say the team made it known weeks ago through backchannels that shooting guard Jimmy Butler is available for the right price.

League sources say the Bulls have been uncertain about building around Butler even after signing him to a 5 year, $95 million extension.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

Oh hey, apparently Jimmy Butler is on the trading block.

God bless this front office.

I hope the Sixers offer everything but Simmons and Embiid

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Cavs gotta be favorites now

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wow if they are still shopping millsap that's a huuuuge teardown

tanglewood1420 posted:

What do Cleveland actually have to give in a trade? Isn't their next draft pick in like 2038?

Wow looking it up they actually have their own first rounder this year.

it's gotta be more than like the 27th pick right?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Hawks should definitely try and see what they can move Joe Johnson for. I bet that contract's untradeable though so it's probably not even worth talking about.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If Atlanta is this committed to denying the Warriors then they need to do the needful and send Millsap to the Spurs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would drive 2017 philly 1st + for jimmy to Chicago right now

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

hahahaha what

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bulls need to trade p much anything they can for Millsap.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
GOD loving DAMNIT

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Away all Goats posted:

So I guess this means Atlanta is blowing it up, otherwise why would would they help the Cavs? ps give us Milsap pls

The Hawks at full power got swept 8-0 by the Cavs, they literally cannot beat Lebron in their current state

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
It is clear Millsap is going to leave the team so why wouldn't they trade a 35 year old white dude too.

Really interested to see what they get when they trade Millsap though. Probably not a great FA signing but would be awesome to have for this year.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to find out Korver got dealt for a 2020 pick and Millsap to get dealt for spare parts while the Hawks sink back down to dead last in attendance.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/817176587099484160

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Haha Mo Williams gently caress off

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol if atl didn't get osman.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Griff is a loving wizard, goddamn. Why hasn't he won exec of the year or whatever?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Can't wait to find out Korver got dealt for a 2020 pick and Millsap to get dealt for spare parts while the Hawks sink back down to dead last in attendance.

On the plus side, you still have Dwight Howard

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/817174134358732801
get those f5 keys ready

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Please god Bulls trade whatever non-Butler picks and bullshit you can for Millsap..

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

Please god Bulls trade whatever non-Butler picks and bullshit you can for Millsap..

Bulls need to rebuild

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

Bulls need to rebuild

Build around Wade, Rondo, and McBuckets

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

attackmole posted:

For fucks sake, no one on this team can dominate other than Lowry and Derozan because the whole offense is 'feed them'. I mean it mostly works, but it doesn't work as well come playoffs and Casey is just not interested in getting role players going. You know how to other teams have random guys that go off for twenty points sometimes? That pretty much doesn't happen with the Raptors because there's no plan B if the Lowry and Derozan show isn't working.

People talk about the measure of a good coach being getting good performances out of your role players. Popovich is great at it. Carlisle is great at it. Casey isn't interested in it. For fucks sake.

everything you are saying is correct, although sometimes Ross goes off. That has nothing to do with Casey though.

Either way I try not to go full gently caress-Casey till at least February/March. It's just too much to stress about the Raps while their good AND when they look like poo poo in round one

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lmao I always love the faked gravity of these scenarios

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hogan is the new Woj

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Griff is a loving wizard, goddamn. Why hasn't he won exec of the year or whatever?
Executive of the Year: LeBron James

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Yeah, Cavs definitely need to put some protections on that pick.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

euphronius posted:

Bulls need to rebuild

The Bulls have a borderline top-10 player in his prime and jack poo poo else; they need to retool as quickly as possible because they're going to have to burn it all down in three years if they don't

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I don't really watch the Hawks much but see that they are 19-16 and in the fifth seed, yet from the general vibe around them this year I'd have guessed they were below .500 and a fringe playoff team. Why blow it up this year when you didn't last year in basically the same position, when you could've gotten something for Horford rather than letting him walk and more for Millsap than you will now?

It just comes across as a front office that hasn't had a clear plan since the 4-0 utter beatdown by the Cavs in the 2015 playoffs. They just ran it back last season and got exactly the same result and now are panicking, presumably because Howard didn't magically turn back into Orlando MVP level Howard.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 6, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm sure it's been discussed to death but oh my god Kyle next to LeBron.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

R.D. Mangles posted:

finally, korver and dunleavy together

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/817180132322504704

nooooooo

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hey remember when Mo Williams called LeBron a bitch, then posted a photo on instagram with a caption of something along the lines of "no one and I mean NO ONE care about my injury but me", then decided to retire the day training camp opened, then elected to have knee surgery without filing retirement papers or negotiating a buyout with the Cavs, forcing them to keep him on their roster and pay him?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron love korver smith Kyrie

Jfc

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

MourningView posted:

I'm sure it's been discussed to death but oh my god Kyle next to LeBron.

Is Korver still good enough for this to be a thing?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers will be taking dunleavy

Guarantee it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Didn't Mo Williams retire this offseason?

• Locked thread