Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the only thing I've got against Dutch's booking is he really hates submission finishes, which is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

the only thing I've got against Dutch's booking is he really hates submission finishes, which is dumb.

Considering the myriad of dumb gently caress finishes TNA has had over the last 10 years, if the worst thing they do going forward is "no submissions", then that in and of itself is a massive improvement.

E: yay i thought i lost this

DJExile fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 5, 2017

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Still a steal at $60 marks talk about it

http://shoptna.com/jeff-jarrett-autographed-laser-engraved-guitar.aspx

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

El Generico posted:

Listen to Cornette's idea for booking the Invasion if you ever find yourself thinking of him as the voice of reason

In his defense (and for the record, his idea for the Invasion was mostly lousy sounding), booking is one of those things that comes off much better in execution than describing it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE COOLEST ITEM WE HAVE EVER HAD! IT IS AN OFFICIAL TNA GUITAR WITH TNA FOUNDER AND KING OF THE MOUNTAIN JEFF JARRETT LASER ENGRAVED ON THE GUITAR ITSELF.

IT IS THE MOST LIMITED ITEM EVER OFFERED AN ITEM LIKE THIS COULD GO FOR WHAT? A $1000? NOT ON MY WATCH, BABY!!!!

ONE TIME ONLY PRICE TO THE LUCKY FEW WHO GET THIS.

$199.99
ARE YOU KIDDING?
IN MY MIND THIS IS THE COOLEST AND GREATEST DEAL EVER OFFERED
BAR NONE! GEM MINT 10 BABY
ACT NOW!!!

PRICE $199.99
ALLOW 3 TO 4 WEEKS DELIVERY

They need Don West back so hard :allears:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

RZApublican posted:

They need Don West back so hard :allears:

The top review is by "I hate you, rovert"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

dixie's going to have to sit idly by and watch while jeff jarrett destroys her precious company, and that's just great.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so many questions.

What about about Global Force Wrestling?

What about Global Force Gold?

Is Sonjay gonna come back to TNA in a booking position?

Have the Jarretts completed their court ordered sobriety program?

Will the gnomes living in Dutch's mustache be on the payroll as well?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

don't worry, GFW's not going anywhere, they already confirmed that

can't wait for round 2 of that super hot GFW invasion angle

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
GFW put on a "house show" in what looked like a hotel ballroom for the Tennessee and Nebraska football teams before their bowl game in Nashville, which may have been their biggest live crowd ever.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

GFW put on a "house show" in what looked like a hotel ballroom for the Tennessee and Nebraska football teams before their bowl game in Nashville, which may have been their biggest live crowd ever.

Probably the only time where like 95% of the audience would be in better shape than the wrestlers themselves

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Probably the only time where like 95% of the audience would be in better shape than the wrestlers themselves

I dunno, I've been watching some NWA Mountain State recently

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

I dunno, I've been watching some NWA Mountain State recently

lol fair point

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aye Doc posted:

dixie's going to have to sit idly by and watch while jeff jarrett destroys her precious company, and that's just great.

TNA has survived Jeff Jarrett, Vince Russo, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Eric Bischoff, Billy Corgan and Dixie Carter. I wouldn't place any bets on Jeff being able to destroy it this time around, either.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
JJ and Dutch back as consultants? Perhaps a GFW show on anthem? Things are looking good on Planet Jarrett. God drat he's great

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

How long into the first ep of the "new" TNA until Jeff Jarrett wins the TNA title?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

El Generico posted:

Listen to Cornette's idea for booking the Invasion if you ever find yourself thinking of him as the voice of reason

What's the gist?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Skinty McEdger posted:

What's going on with the production company's law suit? I heard something vaguely about TNA and the other plaintiffs trying to shift the blame around and avoid it.
AO1 filed a response to the whole thing where Harris said he hadn't worked for TNA in a decade and Aroluxe said he couldn't make decisions for them/wasn't there anymore. This included Harris emails using a TNA address. Then Aroluxe filed a response ignoring all that and only arguing the legal merits of their jurisdiction argument. I haven't posted all of this at SES because it's gotten super granular and stupid, but there you go.

No movement in the lawsuit from the march vendor yet, either.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

davidbix posted:

AO1 filed a response to the whole thing where Harris said he hadn't worked for TNA in a decade and Aroluxe said he couldn't make decisions for them/wasn't there anymore. This included Harris emails using a TNA address. Then Aroluxe filed a response ignoring all that and only arguing the legal merits of their jurisdiction argument. I haven't posted all of this at SES because it's gotten super granular and stupid, but there you go.

No movement in the lawsuit from the march vendor yet, either.

How much debt has TNA managed to rack up not counting the lawsuits?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

With Anthem completely in charge and Dixie gone, TNA might now be the healthiest it's been since 2013.

This is the price we pay for Dixie leaving.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I am kinda sad that TNA will die without Dixie at the helm.

Because she can now say "I wasn't there when it died. It's not my fault." or even worse "If only they had kept me in charge, I would have led this company to the top!"

She would be wrong. Oh so wrong. But she can still officially say those things, and it makes me sad.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

With Anthem completely in charge and Dixie gone, TNA might now be the healthiest it's been since 2013.

You'd nearly trip trying to clear that bar.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am kinda sad that TNA will die without Dixie at the helm.

Because she can now say "I wasn't there when it died. It's not my fault." or even worse "If only they had kept me in charge, I would have led this company to the top!"

She would be wrong. Oh so wrong. But she can still officially say those things, and it makes me sad.

Does the Trump Administration still have any open positions

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Does the Trump Administration still have any open positions

If Linda McMahon's upcoming Small Business Administration confirmation doesn't go through I'd say she has a pretty good chance :v:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/816839398507429888 https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/817109499240583168 https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/817109453858172929

Love and Alexxis are Davey and Eddie's wives.

Maria and Mike haven't re-signed with TNA.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

brooke is good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Generico posted:

Well this I gotta hear. Where can I hear him make a fool of himself?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol they didnt change the name. also that logo sucks rear end

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol that looks awful

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Super No Vacancy posted:

lol they didnt change the name. also that logo sucks rear end

That logo looks like the bird that poo poo the WCW 2000 logo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Evil Badman posted:

lmao that's perfect

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
is it one stupid rear end bird, or two birds kissing?

makes you think

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I hope Big John gets kicked out on his rear end and they give the book to JJ and Matt Hardy exclusively.

Also, fire Josh Matthews into the loving sun and bring back Don West

Tato fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 6, 2017

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Badman posted:

New thread title please

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Fitting that the new logo is an owl since all anybody can say when asked about TNA is, "Who?"

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

All I can see when I look at that logo is Aron Rex's oversized hands in the place of the wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Normally I would say "someone got paid for that design" in a tone of shock of disgust, but thankfully it's TNA so they almost certainly didn't.

• Locked thread