Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Also Orochimaru got away with basically everything he ever did over the course of the series.

orochimaru didn't have a redemption arc like vegeta did tho. there's never anything there to make you sympathize with him. they just bring him back to life near the end and he's like "eh gently caress it" and helps out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Twibbit posted:

Deku wears sandals for no man or holiday

If he takes his shoes off, the packed ground beef that are his feet will fall apart.

Manatee Cannon posted:

orochimaru didn't have a redemption arc like vegeta did tho. there's never anything there to make you sympathize with him. they just bring him back to life near the end and he's like "eh gently caress it" and helps out

The worst part about Orochimaru was how far above the other two Sannin he was. That was just embarrassing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys my hero academia is excellent.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

eonwe posted:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

eonwe posted:

good taste

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Imagine that I just posted a photograph of some item or merchandise associated with MHA with poop on it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ytlaya posted:

Imagine that I just posted a photograph of some item or merchandise associated with MHA with poop on it.

Please do not do Mineta's fetish legwork for him.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

If he takes his shoes off, the packed ground beef that are his feet will fall apart.

The worst part about Orochimaru was how far above the other two Sannin he was. That was just embarrassing.

IIRC the other two were (a) Old. (b) Not constantly hungering for more personal power drat the cost in human suffering.

Wasn't Orochimaru's greatest contribution to the finale basically reviving other people to help finish the job or something?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Raenir Salazar posted:

IIRC the other two were (a) Old. (b) Not constantly hungering for more personal power drat the cost in human suffering.

Wasn't Orochimaru's greatest contribution to the finale basically reviving other people to help finish the job or something?

Yeah, Orochimaru helped them resurrect the first and second hokage by summoning the god of death and making it cut its stomach open. They'd been trapped in there since he first resurrected them back the invasion arc.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

eonwe posted:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Hate-Senpai posted:

Not only Uraraka.

Shigaraki, too. Even when he's agitated and choking Midoriya, he makes sure to keep one finger off.

You know, I never noticed until now but it kind of looks like his mouth had been sewn shut at one point :shrug: or maybe I''m looking too much into his hosed up lips, who knows.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
His skin is super super super dry. Seems to be related to his quirk. At least that's how I always took it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I did a re-read

Mommidoriya put his blanket over him while he slept

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
:3:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also

Endorph posted:

i hope there's a sexy china girl who has the buns and martial arts skills that every chinese girl in anime has

Does she count

e:

Wanna know the girl on the right's quirk

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Terper posted:

I did a re-read

Mommidoriya put his blanket over him while he slept

My Hero Academia: Deku's mom is the best character

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Vengarr posted:

The way UA's dumb gate worked is that it slammed down in individual sections, like the I-blocks in Tetris for some reason. Shiggy disintegrated most of those sections while leaving a few intact.

nah he destroyed a big hole in it leaving like half the I-blocks on each end half intact

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The center blocks are totally disintegrated while the ones on the end are only damaged where they met with the other blocks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Terper posted:

Wanna know the girl on the right's quirk

notice those balls on her belt

she's a pokemon master

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Pokemon Master Fem Luffy?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

notice those balls on her belt

she's a pokemon master

Those are the balls they were all throwing at each other in the first part of the license exam

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Terper posted:

Those are the balls they were all throwing at each other in the first part of the license exam

I know. it was a joke

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Everyone had the balls! You can't single her out and make a joke like that!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's the placement of her balls, my friend

ball placement is key

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

An interesting analysis of the recurring idea of identity and imitation in Hero Academia

https://www.reddit.com/r/BokuNoHeroAcademia/comments/5n21a9/imitation_is_the_sincerest_form_of_tragedy_a_boku/

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Terper posted:

An interesting analysis of the recurring idea of identity and imitation in Hero Academia

https://www.reddit.com/r/BokuNoHeroAcademia/comments/5n21a9/imitation_is_the_sincerest_form_of_tragedy_a_boku/

That's a well-written mini-essay. Makes me interested to see what's in store for Ochako's character arc; seems like there's more going on than the standard romantic subplot.

My Hero Academia is good manga.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Makes me interested to see what's in store for Ochako's character arc; seems like there's more going on than the standard romantic subplot.

yea I trust it to be more interesting than that. I think what mha does better than most is how it treats its supporting cast

they get to steal the spotlight a lot. it's not just the main guy winning all the big fights every time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
once he's at 20% he will be

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Jose posted:

20% could clean out the current Villain Alliance, sure, but the world is explicitly becoming a more dangerous and lawless place.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

Yeah, even 8% looks like it would wreck Bakugou (or at least push him to his limits) if he were using it constantly, since he could barely respond to it. And Bakugou is pretty much tied for the strongest person in their class (though obviously certain abilities could be useful against specific enemies).

edit: The ultimate villain will possess the power of "All for All" and will have the ability to give all the powers to everyone.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

edit: The ultimate villain will possess the power of "All for All" and will have the ability to give all the powers to everyone.

So the incredibles but with real powers

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

so is his counter one for one, the ability to permanently swap your power for your opponent's

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

so is his counter one for one, the ability to permanently swap your power for your opponent's

No, One for One is just the power of Being a Regular Quirkless Dude. Deku will lose his powers and will then defeat the final boss by shooting him with a handgun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
They're almost certainly building towards a big finale where Deku uses 110% power. They have been since the All Might vs Nomu fight, and every All Might fight since has only reinforced that theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvR-kTUad6U

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

PMush Perfect posted:

They're almost certainly building towards a big finale where Deku uses 110% power.

I hate that poo poo so goddamn much. My favorite line from Gattaca was, "No one can exceed their potential. If they do, it simply means we did not accurately gauge their potential in the first place."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That feels like a very pedantic complaint, especially since with MHA in particular, it's more of a "push past your preconceived notions of your limits" thing.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

PMush Perfect posted:

They're almost certainly building towards a big finale where Deku uses 110% power.

That already happened.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there was a panel where deku used like a million percent against muscle fiber guy

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Mystic Mongol posted:

I hate that poo poo so goddamn much. My favorite line from Gattaca was, "No one can exceed their potential. If they do, it simply means we did not accurately gauge their potential in the first place."

I think when you shatter your legs and arm using your strength, you've effectively gone beyond 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

there was a panel where deku used like a million percent against muscle fiber guy

I'm pretty sure the author stated he just said that to psyche himself up, it wasn't literal