Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Nba please make okc hou a playoff series tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

I'm not sure anyone really knew what a game changer it was going to be at the time. It started in the ABA and was mostly seen as a weird gimmick for a long time. Teams didn't really start treating it like a legitimate weapon until like the mid-90s, and it really exploded after the Seven Seconds or Less Suns. That team was really the template for most modern offenses

I'm really happy for D'Antoni that he has managed to end up coaching a team that actually has the right pieces for him after a few stints that didn't work out. I think I'm probably one the Lakers fans who is the most positive on him

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

If that's in china it's very bad

I know we're joking about this, but I swear I have the discussion every year at work that you shouldn't use red on a shot chart to mean on fire.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Rockets are good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Henchman of Santa posted:

We gave up 20 points to Kemba in the fourth but this was almost our death
https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/817205878587723777

This is the worst use of review I've ever seen

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Henchman of Santa posted:

We gave up 20 points to Kemba in the fourth but this was almost our death
https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/817205878587723777

that is the sickest loving thing i have seen in months

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

WHO IS MORE WEST THAN US
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/817198781716463616

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Milsap to the Warriors, confirmed

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Trade him to SAC If not the bulls plz

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Jrue Holliday, Davis and Millsap would be a fun team.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

That Bellinelli buzzer beater not counting is extremely bullshit.

In a surprise move the Sonics are reinstated and Millsap is chosen first in the expansion draft.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
They should have let that buzzer beater count on the grounds that it was extremely bad rear end

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Why would Atlanta care? They are not likely going to have to worry about playoff implications for a while.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Lockback posted:

Why would Atlanta care? They are not likely going to have to worry about playoff implications for a while.

Even if they did they're going to get blown out by the Cavs/Raptors in Round One (not to mention they let Korver go to a team in the East) until the end of time so I really don't see why it matters to them.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Lockback posted:

It seems like teams care about this way too much in general imo

Coach as GM though. Gotta think about those two extra potential wins that would be easier to get if Millsap wasn't on some East team

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
reminds me of that billups play in the 09 playoffs against the lakers where he inbounded the ball off kobes back and made the layup lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdHC-jbE1-g

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 6, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

They should have let that buzzer beater count on the grounds that it was extremely bad rear end

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Jrue Holliday, Davis and Millsap would be a fun team.

Tyreke, Dante Cunningham, and the option to swap 2017 1st round picks (top 3 protection).
Who says no!

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Too bad Portland has too much salary committed to go hard after Millsap. Even if they traded say Harkless and Leonard's $25m a year they would still be looking at $35m next year to re-sign Millsap and then more money to re-sign Plumlee.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bulls should be trading Taj Gibson right now. Wouldn't Toronto give up a pick for him if they are trying to win it this year?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

Bulls should be trading Taj Gibson right now.

Wait for the team that misses out on Millsap imo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Portland getting in on the exciting action
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/817181921792892928

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Tyreke, Dante Cunningham, and the option to swap 2017 1st round picks (top 3 protection).
Who says no!

It would need to be Tyreke (expiring) and one of Asik or Solomon Hill to make the salaries work. Taking Asik for four years makes no sense if you are rebuilding, Hill isn't especially good but at least he's young and I suppose that deal will only look better over time as the cap increases, so maybe the Hawks would take him alongside some draft picks.

Millsap and Davis would be a really great frontcourt combo, but it would be a big risk for NO to give up a first rounder or two to get a 32 year old. I'd like to see it though, Davis just deserves some good players around him.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cavs are planning to tank in 2017-2018 because LeBron is retiring to run for governor in 2018, you heard it here first.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Wow, Jackie Treehorn's house is real, and Goldstein lives there. Amazing.

I don't think the Spurs need to make a move for Millsap, they're in good shape right now. I just can't fathom why the Hawks would sign Dwight on a multi-year deal, then blow the team up before the season is halfway over.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Too bad Portland has too much salary committed to go hard after Millsap. Even if they traded say Harkless and Leonard's $25m a year they would still be looking at $35m next year to re-sign Millsap and then more money to re-sign Plumlee.

This is pretty much precisely why I laughed at the people who said that Evan Turner's contract was ok because "who else are you going to spend all your money on if you can't attract free agents"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Juaguocio posted:

Wow, Jackie Treehorn's house is real, and Goldstein lives there. Amazing.

I don't think the Spurs need to make a move for Millsap, they're in good shape right now. I just can't fathom why the Hawks would sign Dwight on a multi-year deal, then blow the team up before the season is halfway over.

Because Dwight Howard is the perfect tank signing

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
This is really stupid. What the gently caress do they care, you don't do this trade if you're going for it this season and then Millsap is a FA.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Shear Modulus posted:

Cavs are planning to tank in 2017-2018 because LeBron is retiring to run for governor in 2018, you heard it here first.

hopefully just using it as a hop and a skip to the presidency like dubya did

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Its kind of hilarious

They cant trade the 17 pick to Atlanta because of the Stepien rule, and they also couldn't trade the 19 pick without having the 18 pick.

Portland got a pick a year early for free

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Metapod posted:

Because Dwight Howard is the perfect tank signing
Honestly Dwight has been just fine this season: 17/16/2 blocks per 36 minutes on 64% from the floor. For some reason Budenholzer is sticking to the Pops approach and giving nobody major minutes. That works fine if you have a deep team like the Spurs, but the Hawks certainly aren't that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

tanglewood1420 posted:

I don't really watch the Hawks much but see that they are 19-16 and in the fifth seed, yet from the general vibe around them this year I'd have guessed they were below .500 and a fringe playoff team. Why blow it up this year when you didn't last year in basically the same position, when you could've gotten something for Horford rather than letting him walk and more for Millsap than you will now?

It just comes across as a front office that hasn't had a clear plan since the 4-0 utter beatdown by the Cavs in the 2015 playoffs. They just ran it back last season and got exactly the same result and now are panicking, presumably because Howard didn't magically turn back into Orlando MVP level Howard.

Just from my own watching (and to be fair, I haven't watched them since halfway through December), they looked like the worst team in the league with Millsap gone. Bad on both ends of the court. And I'd love to pile on Dwight Howard but sometimes him and Bazemore seem to be the only people trying.

Which is weird because they looked like they could beat anyone before Millsap initially went out.

Wh...y . . ?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

Its kind of hilarious

They cant trade the 17 pick to Atlanta because of the Stepien rule, and they also couldn't trade the 19 pick without having the 18 pick.

Portland got a pick a year early for free

Ah good call, that makes sense.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

this is dumb. if you think he's not going to re-sign with the team you send him to why wouldn't you want an East team to give up more for him.

Also just trade him to the Raps for nothing you idiots. You already traded Korver just give me what I want.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls are waiting for someone to get injured and then announcing their return is like making a trade

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

bulls are waiting for someone to get injured and then announcing their return is like making a trade

"Rajon Rondo getting minutes again is like making a trade for a former champion" ~ Anonymous Eastern Conference GM

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

when are the blazers going to fire terry stotts

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

BWV posted:

this is dumb. if you think he's not going to re-sign with the team you send him to why wouldn't you want an East team to give up more for him.

Also just trade him to the Raps for nothing you idiots. You already traded Korver just give me what I want.

Look, just give up hope on it happening. If you still got it, the Korver trade negates any improvement Millsap would make and jfc you shouldn't have dealt with cleveland atlanta you dicks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

when are the blazers going to fire terry stotts

It'd be pretty lovely to fire him after three seasons of making the playoffs for one disappointing year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

It'd be pretty lovely to fire him after three seasons of making the playoffs for one disappointing year.
That's pretty much par for the course in the NBA now though.

• Locked thread