Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

not me man. i love league. league of legends? that is my poo poo right there. big fan.

anything riot can do to make the marksmen and women feel better is a change i welcome, unless it is done like poo poo and results in people playing top lane draven and mid ezreal, then i must draw the line.

why can we not agree on a gender neutral markskin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Marksthing.

E: Marksthey.

Orv fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 6, 2017

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Marksmyn

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trip report, woke up 2 hours ago and thought hey maybe a league match

two hours later i am finally done with my one league match after literally 10 dodges in a row, the client making GBS threads itself once, and then finally a 30-minute one-sided bronze curbstomp

feels bad

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i identify as vayneskin, my pronouns are vayne/vaynes/vayneself

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Crazy Larry posted:

Given how long he's been slated for a rework I'm just going to take that to mean that we aren't getting a new champ until 2018.

It's Warwick, on Reddit a bunch of Rioters have already said it is

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I laughed.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

I laughed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtltD2jNpRQ

Welcome to the League of Draaaven

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

You should be able to vote teammates right out of your game. 0/9/0 Morde top with ignite, going "I CAN'T DO ANYTHING!" as he continuously tries to duel Darius. Vote his rear end off the island and just finish up the game 4v5. If you get voted out of too many games you are locked out of ranked play for so long.

Rito plz

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LegalPad posted:

You should be able to vote teammates right out of your game. 0/9/0 Morde top with ignite, going "I CAN'T DO ANYTHING!" as he continuously tries to duel Darius. Vote his rear end off the island and just finish up the game 4v5. If you get voted out of too many games you are locked out of ranked play for so long.

Rito plz

It would have to be unanimous (4-0) to prevent 3-stacks from voting whomever they want off the island in flex, or just apply only to solo (not Solo/Duo) queue.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In general, how does one fight a Kennen in the toplane? It seems like his passive and W make winning trades or even being able to all-in very difficult since he can just stun you and leave. What should one be looking for to keep this from being a thing?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Teikanmi posted:

It's Warwick, on Reddit a bunch of Rioters have already said it is

warwick is pretty good and ituitive to play, farm jungle when ult is on cd then flash ult mid lane where your mage drops their whole combo on the unlucky bastard who gets killed from full hp under their own tower.

he feels like how a big bad wolf is supposed to play for me so they better have thought things through. They could make his w and e more interactive to make him more engaging to play i guess.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Addamere posted:

In general, how does one fight a Kennen in the toplane? It seems like his passive and W make winning trades or even being able to all-in very difficult since he can just stun you and leave. What should one be looking for to keep this from being a thing?

Not a lot you can do about that, Kennen is second only to Morg in how safe he is at laning. If your jungler has a hard stun/root you can gank him pre-6 if you stun him as he activates his charge, elsewise just survive the lane and do other things.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have this dumb idea for smite/teleport vayne with bloodrazor as top or jungle how dumb is this likely to be and how should i mastery/rune for it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if warwick doesn't remain a wolf man that literally goes awoo, whats the point? I don't want to play some fake werewolf.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Addamere posted:

I have this dumb idea for smite/teleport vayne with bloodrazor as top or jungle how dumb is this likely to be and how should i mastery/rune for it

A) Vayne doesn't rush BotRK which is better than Bloodrazor
B) Vayne without flash is retarded

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

Not a lot you can do about that, Kennen is second only to Morg in how safe he is at laning. If your jungler has a hard stun/root you can gank him pre-6 if you stun him as he activates his charge, elsewise just survive the lane and do other things.

I was gonna jokingly suggest morg as I've dumpstered a lot of top kennen's with her but I feel like it's not something i should recommend to people.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Slaapaav posted:

warwick is pretty good and ituitive to play, farm jungle when ult is on cd then flash ult mid lane where your mage drops their whole combo on the unlucky bastard who gets killed from full hp under their own tower.

he feels like how a big bad wolf is supposed to play for me so they better have thought things through. They could make his w and e more interactive to make him more engaging to play i guess.

Change his Q and E, make his W give him and the targeted/nearest allied player life on hit as well as attack speed (instead of the whole team getting attack speed.

They won't do that though, it'll be something like

New Pasive:

Each Hit Warwick lands will gives the target a bloody wounds debuff that deals 0.4+.006 AD life/second (scales with level). Stacks up to five times

Q: Warwick slashes in a small frontal arc, hitting each enemy. Heals 10%+(.2ad/stack of bloody wounds on each target)
W: Warwick becomes enraged at the scent of blood and rent flesh. On activation, he increases his attack speed by 2/4/6/8/10% per target with bloody wounds in a 600 teemo area
E: Red makes it go faster! Warwick dashes to his target in a line that passes terrain. While Dashing he's immune to cc if that target has a stack of bloody wounds. He deals .2/.4/.6/.8/1 AD to each target he dashes through per stack of bloody wounds on that target.

R: Warwick pounces on his target, rending its flesh and dealing damage. He and the target are suppressed for .3/.5/.7 seconds per stack of bloody wounds on the target.

because riot loves their stacking debuff passives and dashing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is no way that's true. Where is the true damage?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
That doesn't have a knockup. -4/10

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

TheAnomaly posted:

Change his Q and E, make his W give him and the targeted/nearest allied player life on hit as well as attack speed (instead of the whole team getting attack speed.

They won't do that though, it'll be something like

New Pasive:

Each Hit Warwick lands will gives the target a bloody wounds debuff that deals 0.4+.006 AD life/second (scales with level). Stacks up to five times

Q: Warwick slashes in a small frontal arc, hitting each enemy. Heals 10%+(.2ad/stack of bloody wounds on each target)
W: Warwick becomes enraged at the scent of blood and rent flesh. On activation, he increases his attack speed by 2/4/6/8/10% per target with bloody wounds in a 600 teemo area
E: Red makes it go faster! Warwick dashes to his target in a line that passes terrain. While Dashing he's immune to cc if that target has a stack of bloody wounds. He deals .2/.4/.6/.8/1 AD to each target he dashes through per stack of bloody wounds on that target.

R: Warwick pounces on his target, rending its flesh and dealing damage. He and the target are suppressed for .3/.5/.7 seconds per stack of bloody wounds on the target.

because riot loves their stacking debuff passives and dashing.

no knockup, no true damage, only one passive, and the abilities do not do multiple things. are you even trying?\

warwick now a rage champion. press "t" to activate his rage abilities.

new passive: when warwick deals damage with his abilities or attacks he gives the target a bloody wounds debuff that deals n+0.05AD life/second for 10 seconds. stacks up to 3 times. if the person has 3 stacks, "blood trail" which persists for 30 seconds. when warwick is chasing a champion with blood trail, he gains rage which can be used for advanced forms of his abilities. in addition, warwick gains true sight on all enemies afflicted with blood trail, and can see a trail behind them, allowing him to easily chase his opponents.

Q: warwick slashes forward in a frontal arc counterclockwise. damage dealt is increased for each stack of bloody wounds, and if there are 3 stacks warwick heals for % max hp.

rage effect(costs 50 rage) - warwicks powerful cleaving slash repositions everyone to the end of his arc. upon completing his slash, he then knocks everyone in the air.

W: for each stack of bloody wounds, gain attack speed and reveal the position of enemies on the map(750/1150/1400/1800/2000 units). upon activating, warwick gains 25/50/75 movespeed for each stack of "blood trail.". lasts 10/12/14/16/18 seconds.

rage effect(costs 50 rage) - in addition to the movespeed buff, warwick also gains pounce, causing his attacks to apply a 0.1 second stun and increasing his attack range to 300 for the duration of tracking.

E: passive: if warwick is attacking a target with bloody wounds, he also deals .3/.6/.9/1.2/1.5% of the opponents current HP per stack of bloody wounds as physical damage. active: warwick scoots up, kicking lots of dust in the air in a comical fashion. the longer he scoots the further he dashes forward. while this ability is on cooldown, the passive is disabled.

rage effect(costs 100 rage) - upon finishing his leap, everyone in a small AOE is slowed. in addition, the base ability becomes supercharged for 3/5/7/9/11 seconds, dealing true damage instead of physical damage.

R: same as before. gotta keep something the same.

rage effect(costs 100 rage) - warwick heals himself for 20/50/80% of the damage dealt to the target during the effect of "infinite duress".

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 6, 2017

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
I for some reason figured that warwick would become a transformimg champ like nid, Elise, gnar, or shyv.

Ranged guy with a pistol. Then transforms to werewolf via one of his abilities. Like a gap closer or speed buff.

Wouldn't even need a retcon. Could just say singed helped him get his transformation under control. But it doesnt seem like that is where they are going with it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Pog I feel like I'm broken because I like that Warwick rework as an example of where they are with their current champ designs and yet it still is very much Warwick, that's quite impressive.

Also Gripen5 that character already exists in Heroes of the Storm, almost exactly as you described it.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Bugfix: On purple side, Warwick's Q slashed clockwise instead of counterclockwise, causing all champions in the game to permanently lose 3 movespeed each time the ability was used.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gripen5 posted:

I for some reason figured that warwick would become a transformimg champ like nid, Elise, gnar, or shyv.

Ranged guy with a pistol. Then transforms to werewolf via one of his abilities. Like a gap closer or speed buff.

Wouldn't even need a retcon. Could just say singed helped him get his transformation under control. But it doesnt seem like that is where they are going with it.

thats literally a hots character, greymane.

edit: oh i see someone already covered this, well lets summon the misfortune boobs man misfortune misfortune misfortune

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
how do you carry in shitter elo with bard? like i get 5 kills what do i buy on him, cdr? he doesnt do much damage nomatter how fed you are, he cant really push lanes. also nobody really have any idea what he does it seems like.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Slaapaav posted:

how do you carry in shitter elo with bard? like i get 5 kills what do i buy on him, cdr? he doesnt do much damage nomatter how fed you are, he cant really push lanes. also nobody really have any idea what he does it seems like.

Redemption -> luden's -> RFC then who cares finish your sightstone or whatever.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

On the subject of making up itemization for ADCs, can someone who's better at theorycrafting than me (anyone) tell me why giving ADCs a Zhonya equivalent would be the end of the world? I mean, they gave mages a Shiv equivalent and things turned out okay.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im gonna stop playing bard because im at the elo where people playing karthus mid have 167 cs at 40 minutes.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Boxman posted:

On the subject of making up itemization for ADCs, can someone who's better at theorycrafting than me (anyone) tell me why giving ADCs a Zhonya equivalent would be the end of the world? I mean, they gave mages a Shiv equivalent and things turned out okay.

it would be way too good. bruisers would be able to build it, yasuo/zed/talon would be able to build it.

also i feel like mages have zhonyas because it lets them wait out some of their cooldowns, while ADCs have QSS because it lets them get out of situations while keeping up DPS. it's kind of a class thing.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Lovechop posted:

it would be way too good. bruisers would be able to build it, yasuo/zed/talon would be able to build it.

also i feel like mages have zhonyas because it lets them wait out some of their cooldowns, while ADCs have QSS because it lets them get out of situations while keeping up DPS. it's kind of a class thing.

I don't know, they could probably make it so that only ranged champions could use it.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aumanor posted:

I don't know, they could probably make it so that only ranged champions could use it.

Gnar, Jayce, and Kayle would still be able to use it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
kayle already can use zhonya anyway.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Well then she may as well get to have two of them.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kaschei posted:

Well then she may as well get to have two of them.

Bug Fix: Resolved a rare issue where activating Phreak's Cuirass would permanently disable any existing H-28G Evolution Turrets and reset the cooldown of Redemption.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
redemption looks like a neat item.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Slaapaav posted:

I disagree

https://a.pomf.cat/xxtgpm.webm

Zagdul
Apr 12, 2012

~living the dream~

LegalPad posted:

Rito plz

I'd often accept a lvl 1 as a replacement, during the mid-game who gets exp welfare for being around teammates.

The feeding early game from so many is what causes situations you sometimes can't recover from. The biggest tip I got once was dodge before the game starts if you're climbing and feel that the team comp won't compete. This keeps your MMR high as you have more wins, even if you take an LP loss.

I mean, you can only do this so often, but doing it when you know you're going to lose is a better way to maintain higher ranked players during your climb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It's also a good idea to dodge if somebody picks something really unconventional or claims to be a diamond smurf. Sometimes they'll do well or be telling the truth but most of the time they just feed horribly. You'll miss that occasional jungle Draven that gets 40 kills sure but usually you just get feeding.

• Locked thread