Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
"wake up" is either coffee or meth, take your pick.

On the subject, I highly advise this mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

salt :unsmith:

e:

xenoham :unsmith:

I guess it would make more sense to depend on Medieval Times's quarry rather than just "crack rock, get salt" which is pretty dumb

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 6, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Man, maybe its Randy Random being random, but I feel like I've got basically no traders in my current game. I got a couple the first week or so, then nothing.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I swear there is some kind of bug where traders don't show up for years

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Man, maybe its Randy Random being random, but I feel like I've got basically no traders in my current game. I got a couple the first week or so, then nothing.

I feel this way too. It makes me sad, where are my neighbors?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
E: How did this double post happen :psyduck:

Leal fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 6, 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

I swear there is some kind of bug where traders don't show up for years

Yeah there is just some... thing going on that makes traders rarely if ever actually show up. My last colony just flat out had zero traders for the year it lasted. I guess now you can make caravans to get around that but jeeze. Consider how rare space traders could be and it almost feels like NPCs coming to you for trade is bugged in some way.

E: Maybe it too was just a hacked together job like the romance system and Tynan used UPS tracking data and averaged out that most people in some random city only got 1 package (from UPS) and put it in the game that traders only happen once.

Leal fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 6, 2017

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Cured Meats is up, enjoy your space ham

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835811545

e: I'm kinda happy because I almost never have an urge to build a quarry, now it'll be a priority :yayclod:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 6, 2017

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Huh interesting, I was going to do a feature like that in my own mod but wasn't sure if it was really "in-theme" with the whole materials aspect of it. Plus I was going to do it via smoking meat using charcoal rather than salting it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
The theme of Rimworld is basically space western like firefly and son you ain't a cowboy without some smoked chicken or pig in your pouch for lunch

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I Said No posted:

Huh interesting, I was going to do a feature like that in my own mod but wasn't sure if it was really "in-theme" with the whole materials aspect of it. Plus I was going to do it via smoking meat using charcoal rather than salting it.

Why not go ahead and do it :shrug:

e: I would be so happy if someone added mineable coal.

e: Oops, the meal recipe does not actually require the salt :v:

It doesn't look like it's possible to have a meal recipe that requires raw food (IngredientValueGetter_Nutrition) and a non-nutritious ingredient (salt). :confused:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 6, 2017

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Stuck on the drat ingredient filter setup :confused:

e: fixed and updated

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 6, 2017

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

"Do until X" bills only count stuff in stockpiles, or anything unowned? Or does it count owned/carried/worn stuff too?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stockpiles only. Pawns carry things like meals with them but they don't count.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

LonsomeSon posted:

Once you research Electric Smelting you can melt them down for 10 steel each. The smelter workbench can also melt down weapons for their raw materials, which depending on the material may or may not be worth it vs selling.

wewt cheers

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Flesh Forge posted:

e: I would be so happy if someone added mineable coal.

That's in the mod I linked :v:
You can make charcoal out of wood logs at a campfire/stove too. Same item.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I recently started playing, any good mod recommendations, or should I go vanilla for a while?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I recently started playing, any good mod recommendations, or should I go vanilla for a while?

So far my favorites are Prepare Carefully, Quality Builder, and I Can Fix It, because they automate poo poo the game should be doing for you already.

Part of my brain wants a mod that shortens thrumbo gestation and maturity periods and lets you harvest Thrumbofur like wool, but it might be too much of an imbalance.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Try to play vanilla through once, then start hunting for mods to fill in the hole you feel like filling. Start at the Steam Workshop most popular/subscribed and go from there. The workshop is really good, it's better than hunting through the Ludeon forums. However the only caveat is that there is a flood of starting scenarios that need to be ignored as they don't bring anything to the table which you can do with EDB Prepare carefully.

There are a bunch of mods that don't change the game but makes things easier to use.

JT Replace Wall
Allow Tool
Defensive positions
Where is the rich soil
Medical tab
Stone cutting tweak
Miniaturisation
Don't Drop When Psychotic
Shutdown all
Colonist Bar
JT copy bills
Quality Builder
I can Fix it
Hand me that brick - This will change the gameplay as it allows haulers to place materials for blue prints for builders instead of only the builder hauling all the parts. This in effect makes building things a lot faster.

I like to automate things so I get Colony Manager which handle things like resource harvesting but not mining, taming and farm management. Keeps windmills clear. Auto hunt. Basically takes out the busy work. It has it's own limitations and you have to research more efficient management so it is not a free ride as you will need someone to "Work" the manager's table once in a while to make jobs.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Sexual Aluminum posted:

All the fluffy mods.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
That Zhentar fellow makes some mighty fine vanilla friendly mods, if I do say so myself.

Zhentar posted:

I've finished updating all of my mods for A16:

Better Pathfinding

Zhentar's Vanilla Fixes & Zhentar's Vanilla Tweaks (though "fixes" only has one fix now)

Auto Flick Designation Sun Lamps

oohhboy posted:

Where is the rich soil
Stone cutting tweak
Don't Drop When Psychotic

These are all Vanilla in A16

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zhentar posted:

That Zhentar fellow makes some mighty fine vanilla friendly mods, if I do say so myself.

These are all Vanilla in A16

Thanks, I didn't notice.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Has anyone here tried the mod Set-Up Camp? It seems like something that should have been in the vanilla game. I've wanted to do something similar by settling but it leaves abandoned camp icons all over the place. :(

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
I assure you that the actions of my colonists are ethical.

Completely ethical.

That's just the temple. Where we sacri- pray. We pray.

No sacrifices in return for psionic powers. None of that here.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Wait, caffeine addiction? that's a thing?

Oh I think that's from a mod.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Devdisigdu posted:

Overview looks like 'One' by Metallica;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mH2XdUs6xQ

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Is it still possible to set up insect jelly farms? Thinking that might be a great role for a second colony.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009

Which mod lets you harvest limbs?

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

That Guy Bob posted:

Which mod lets you harvest limbs?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25325.msg276856#msg276856

EPOE used to let you do it alongside adding a bunch of advanced bionics, but it was removed for balance reasons, supposedly.
Someone else decided to make a mod to add it back in, considering it was only a small bit of removed XML preventing it in EPOE.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Devdisigdu posted:

EPOE used to let you do it alongside adding a bunch of advanced bionics, but it was removed for balance reasons, supposedly.
Someone else decided to make a mod to add it back in, considering it was only a small bit of removed XML preventing it in EPOE.

I always wondered why they took out limb harvesting but left in limb mincing.

Cult Legitimate Organization chat: the one sacrifice that makes your dudes psychopaths (I think it's one of Nyarly's), it also mentions they become cannibals too, does it just straight up slap Psychopath and Cannibal traits onto the pawn, or is there more to it?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Devdisigdu posted:

Completely ethical.

Dude you're not supposed to kill the messenger, hasn't anyone ever told you that?

My colony continues to do well. Except for the defacto leader who tried to take on a red fox that was harassing my janitor (not even a mad fox, it just up and attacked for no reason, maybe he didn't like the broom like how dogs hate vaccuums?) and got straight up eviscerated. By a loving fox.

Then this governor's dog, who she had a bond with, went bonkers manhunter in the freezer and attacked the cook. We had to put old digger down, sad day.

Even worse, the janitor that was getting bullied by this 5 kilogram fox was the governor's husband. At least he got to have fox and husky steak at the funeral :smith:

I like to think the fox leather cowboy hat helped him get remarried like two weeks later though. Dude is a stud.

So one of my senior citizens developed some kind of disease, fibrous mechanoid stuff in her lungs I think? It didn't seem too debilitating and she just needs some minor treatment every other day or so. How concerned should I be about this?

It sounds bad.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Slung Blade posted:

My colony continues to do well. Except for the defacto leader who tried to take on a red fox that was harassing my janitor (not even a mad fox, it just up and attacked for no reason, maybe he didn't like the broom like how dogs hate vaccuums?) and got straight up eviscerated. By a loving fox.

Carnivores will hunt animals when they get hungry, usually it's squirrels and rats, sometimes it's your colonists.

As for the mechanites, they won't die but the pain will be a constant mood debuff and they'll be using up a poo poo ton of medicine until they finally go away :(

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Danaru posted:

Carnivores will hunt animals when they get hungry, usually it's squirrels and rats, sometimes it's your colonists.

As for the mechanites, they won't die but the pain will be a constant mood debuff and they'll be using up a poo poo ton of medicine until they finally go away :(

That's a shame, but I guess I can afford to keep her in med kits and as much smokeleaf as she wants, she's worked hard for the colony and deserves it.

Speaking of, I have so much surplus food I'm turning tens of thousands of units of biomass into chemfuel. I'm not really sure what to do with it outside of trading it though. Can I use it for a vehicle or something?

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009

Devdisigdu posted:

Thanks, now if only there were easier ways of getting my prisoners to flip out and getting tagged with guilty so my mans wouldn't feel bad about harvesting them. I suppose I can give addict my prisoners with flake and yayo so they berserk faster.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Mechanites eventually go away it just takes forever. At least one kind of mechanites gives a huge manipulation bonus so take advantage and craft like crazy.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

That Guy Bob posted:

Thanks, now if only there were easier ways of getting my prisoners to flip out and getting tagged with guilty so my mans wouldn't feel bad about harvesting them. I suppose I can give addict my prisoners with flake and yayo so they berserk faster.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought harvesting organs from guilty prisoners still made the colonists feel bad, it's only killing guilty prisoners the colonists don't mind?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Mechanites eventually go away it just takes forever. At least one kind of mechanites gives a huge manipulation bonus so take advantage and craft like crazy.

How do they get this 'infection' anyway? There haven't been any robots on my map, as far as I know. Secret Borg abduction?

And yeah I think she does have some bonuses to go along with the pain.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Slung Blade posted:

How do they get this 'infection' anyway? There haven't been any robots on my map, as far as I know. Secret Borg abduction?

And yeah I think she does have some bonuses to go along with the pain.

I think it's nanites in the soil. Like a robotic anthrax or something.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Slung Blade posted:

That's a shame, but I guess I can afford to keep her in med kits and as much smokeleaf as she wants, she's worked hard for the colony and deserves it.

Speaking of, I have so much surplus food I'm turning tens of thousands of units of biomass into chemfuel. I'm not really sure what to do with it outside of trading it though. Can I use it for a vehicle or something?

Fuel gets used for drop pods right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Mister Adequate posted:

Eh, it takes about 40 seconds for me, which is a lot less time than I'll spend looking for a site or fannying about with Prepare Carefully or choosing a name for that matter.

Yeah, same. I just need to be patient and wait for the goodness of a full planet.