Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
No, this is C-SPAM, the forum for being deadly serious at all times. This subforum's name should be forever followed by spitting in public. Its hosed up that bad. I don't want C-SPAM to do anything ironically. I want C-SPAM to loving disappear. Same with its leechlike posters. They got us all hosed, and now they're trying to think up new ways to let it happen again. Going unfunny may not be the sole answer Something Awful needs, but gently caress if it isn't a step in the right direction. I will pop in and shitpost in here from time to time, but I'm going to be loving pissed about November 2016 for a long time, and anyone trying to make light of the colossal failure of C-SPAM and throw them any sort of bone can eat poo poo and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Yinlock posted:

me: this would be pretty funny if it happened

It wouldn't be funny at all. You don't upstage the POTUS. It's a weird fantasy that only seems appealing because you're grasping at straws.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It wouldn't be funny at all. You don't upstage the POTUS. It's a weird fantasy that only seems appealing because you're grasping at straws.

hahaha what?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Balooganedit: LF-style threatpost.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 11:00 on Jan 6, 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

some things are too hosed-up to joke about i guess, like hillary clinton being mayor of trumptown

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

:chloe:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

No, this is C-SPAM, the forum for being deadly serious at all times. This subforum's name should be forever followed by spitting in public. Its hosed up that bad. I don't want C-SPAM to do anything ironically. I want C-SPAM to loving disappear. Same with its leechlike posters. They got us all hosed, and now they're trying to think up new ways to let it happen again. Going unfunny may not be the sole answer Something Awful needs, but gently caress if it isn't a step in the right direction. I will pop in and shitpost in here from time to time, but I'm going to be loving pissed about November 2016 for a long time, and anyone trying to make light of the colossal failure of C-SPAM and throw them any sort of bone can eat poo poo and die.

:same:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yinlock posted:

beep boop what are jokes

:abuela: triggers me

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Dude it's Trump, he's petty as hell, he has decades long feuds with magazines because some writer called his hands small 30 years ago.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Oh Snapple! posted:

She'll run for a hilariously safe seat or something just so her career doesn't close out with an embarrassing loss.

Hillary Clinton for County Comptroller 2018: "For God's sake please vote for me, I need this!!!"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

When America is sold to Russia for scrap and roving MAGA gangs wander the streets of our once vibrant nation, we can rest assured that we did everything we could to make it clear that Hillary Bad.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Balooganedit: LF-style threatpost.

lol these are the best kind of posts tho!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Baloogan posted:

Boosted_C5 posted:

Prostrate yourselves before Trump. Admit before God and man your sinful ways. Acknowledge the moral superiority of

the common man and woman who made Trump President.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Baloogan posted:

The heart of leftism has failed us

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
Hillary for mayor!

That is not dead that can eternally lie, and with strange eons even death may die.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
is it somehow possible to lose a mayoral election despite winning the popular vote

cause i want that to happen

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Donkwich posted:

is it somehow possible to lose a mayoral election despite winning the popular vote

cause i want that to happen

she could lose the city by 20000 votes but win california by 5 million votes?

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Business Gorillas posted:

from the pictures my chapter is cat ladies and redditors. i was going to the meeting tonight but i was gonna be a hour late due to winter so i decided to go drink margs instead :shrug:

100% just show up and get your cool friends to come, so that the portion of cool people rises

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

docbeard posted:

When America is sold to Russia for scrap and roving MAGA gangs wander the streets of our once vibrant nation, we can rest assured that we did everything we could to make it clear that Hillary Bad.

So what you are saying is that, in the grim darkness of the near future, it is we who failed Hillary, rather that the primary process which picked a party darling hated by independents.

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/777876680690008065

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Look at that "no lean" and weep.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Jesus Christ, he was +21 among indies. That ALONE would have kept PA, WI, and MI in our column.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Paolomania posted:

So what you are saying is that, in the grim darkness of the near future, it is we who failed Hillary, rather that the primary process which picked a party darling hated by independents.

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/777876680690008065

he was ahead in every category except "strong dem"

:eyepop:

of course polls don't matter

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
polls are right when they confirm what you know to be the truth.

polls are wrong when they disagree with your biases.

but bernie would have won.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
bernie would have won! instead we got a trolley problem! TROLLEY PROBLEMS NEVER WORK OUT AS THE FRAMER INTENDED!!!

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Whelp, better close up them primaries. Wouldn't want to hear from anyone outside party loyalists!

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

I'm sure a 74pt swing amongst indies is just statistical noise.

Serf
May 5, 2011

assume that the polls are wrong and fight like hell regardless of what they say

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
mmmmmhm

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the most beloved politician in America?

TRUMP

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Clinton should be sent out into the wastes like that old judge from judge dread to go live amongst the mutants who voted for trump and gain some perspective!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

logikv9 posted:

the most beloved politician in America?

TRUMP

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Bernie just on npr reminding me that the interview was a turd of a bad dem floating in a toilet bowl of a shill radio station

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

jarofpiss posted:

Bernie just on npr reminding me that the interview was a turd of a bad dem floating in a toilet bowl of a shill radio station

Go on

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i meant interviewer steve or something can't remeber

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Paolomania posted:

No, what I'm saying is that I feel like we're capable of more than just shouting gently caress Hillary Clinton and Bernie Would Have Won at each other while the world burns around us.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

LinYutang posted:

new york city has to be the most efficient city in history for producing and fostering terrible people

Abuela is a unique fusion of Chicago and NYC terrible.

Furthermore, Bernie would have won.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

docbeard posted:

No, what I'm saying is that I feel like we're capable of more than just shouting gently caress Hillary Clinton and Bernie Would Have Won at each other while the world burns around us.

Based on recent moves, shouting which way to steer the ship seems entirely appropriate.

e: even if that direction is just "away from the establishment (Hillary), towards social democracy (Bernie)"

Paolomania has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Jan 6, 2017

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

docbeard posted:

Cut through the cynicism and chaff with a clear and forceful vision. The vision is: Centrism fails where Progressivism wins.

We must first build a critical mass of noisy idiots before that message can begin to spread, like foam bubbling out of an overfilled crockpot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Hillary Clinton would not win the mayoral election in New York. Neither would Deblaze. We need another democrat to run here.

If I lived here, I'd do it, but I can't. Probably can beat Deblaze and his racist opponent.

• Locked thread