Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

damnfan posted:

So I mindlessly enchanted my fingerless silk gloves when running a friend through lab. Any way to revert the loss of my 15% increased spell damage implicit? If not I definitely learned a lesson paying attention.

It's gone. All you can do now is roll enchants until you at least get a usefull one. Or gamble on getting a good corrupt implicit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

damnfan posted:

So I mindlessly enchanted my fingerless silk gloves when running a friend through lab. Any way to revert the loss of my 15% increased spell damage implicit? If not I definitely learned a lesson paying attention.

nope

rip

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
So does anyone have a clue on why exalts are back down to ~61c?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

damnfan posted:

I learned the same lesson on 20% all resist boots, there really should be a warning about that, but I understand why it would overlap the original.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Jinnigan posted:

My guess is that pure chaos has deflated a bit by virtue of the perandus challenge. I've been running close to empty on them for about a week now, for that reason.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jinnigan posted:

Reddit had a post about it being a bunch of guys or a clan doing price fixing. See if you can buy any of those 61c exalts

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Should I upgrade my skill gems to corrupted versions with higher quality if the price isn't too asinine? That's one step I really haven't taken in the game. For what it's worth, I am using explosive arrow this league and it seems I can get an EA 23% at level 20 for about 5-10 chaos.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
EA scales harder with levels than quality, get a lv21 one

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I knew I was doing something wrong when I saw they were going for 5-10c. Glad I asked about it here first. The level 21's are going for an exalted+. Makes much more sense.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yea quality is ignite chance and that's good but lv21 is a big fat damage boost

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
How do people play these builds with tiny amounts of mana but no mana regen on the tree or gear? I have to get a ton of mana regen on the tree to run my 6L SRS fast.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Mana leech. SRS can't leech so regen is the only option.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Scorching Ray CwC Whispering Ice builds wear Pyre then go mental on fire damage gear and nodes, right? Putting one together this weekend (CI probably, against my preference but it just seems too strong to ignore right now).

I guess at least this time ignites aren't part of the process so at least I wouldn't feel compelled to wear Southbound. I suppose I also wouldn't bother with the elemental proliferation node in Elementalist. (Speaking of which, did I do wrong picking Elementalist? I wonder if Inquisitor would have been better.)

Also just double checking, reflect mobs require the spell to hit, which SR doesn't (but WI does), correct?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Well, there's defenses and stuff to allocate too :P

Inquisitor might be better for CI since you get the free Consecrated Ground and its ES regen boost.

Correct.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Grammaton posted:

How do people play these builds with tiny amounts of mana but no mana regen on the tree or gear? I have to get a ton of mana regen on the tree to run my 6L SRS fast.

My SRS duder is blood magic with a stone golem. Provides more regen than a 6L SRS can drain.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Ciaphas posted:

Scorching Ray CwC Whispering Ice builds wear Pyre then go mental on fire damage gear and nodes, right? Putting one together this weekend (CI probably, against my preference but it just seems too strong to ignore right now).
Since it's 100% conversion, isn't Cold stacking just as good? The guide I used said Elementalist was crucial for DPS, and there's a node that helps with ele reflect.

I got into yellow maps up to t9 last night. Despite being a bad casual, SR CWC WI is carrying me really well. Finally got down to US, breaches were the only time enough stuff rushed me to stun but it was still some bad deaths.

In addition to resists and ES, you want Int on every single piece.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Right, sorry, I thought Int, ES and resists on gear was implied :v:

Yeah as far as I understand it cold nodes are just as good when wearing Pyre--the Snowforged notable is a good example, in that cold spells like Vortex benefit from both the Ice and Fire portion, making a 50% damage boost in a single node.

(ed)

whypick1 posted:

Well, there's defenses and stuff to allocate too :P

Inquisitor might be better for CI since you get the free Consecrated Ground and its ES regen boost.

Correct.

Yeah, the free Consecrated Ground is what I was thinking of, along with the resist penetration to add on top of SR's penetration buildup. Even longer distance than Witch from Vaal Pact, though, which I thought was necessary for CI leech builds? (I assumed I'd be putting Life Leech Support in WI to leech off the Icestorm here)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 6, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

Since it's 100% conversion, isn't Cold stacking just as good?

Fire nodes benefit SR too. It's not your primary damage dealer, true.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

That reminds me, does the Icestorm from WI somehow level up on its own or is there something about the way it scales that makes it keep up without the usual benefits of gem leveling?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ciaphas posted:

Right, sorry, I thought Int, ES and resists on gear was implied :v:

Yeah as far as I understand it cold nodes are just as good when wearing Pyre--the Snowforged notable is a good example, in that cold spells like Vortex benefit from both the Ice and Fire portion, making a 50% damage boost in a single node.

(ed)

Yeah, the free Consecrated Ground is what I was thinking of, along with the resist penetration to add on top of SR's penetration buildup. Even longer distance than Witch from Vaal Pact, though, which I thought was necessary for CI leech builds? (I assumed I'd be putting Life Leech Support in WI to leech off the Icestorm here)

Doesn't ignoring resists ignore penetration too? Also Icestorm gains base damage with int

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Doesn't ignoring resists ignore penetration too? Also Icestorm gains base damage with int

What to you mean, ignoring resists? I thought the Inquisitor notables were extra penetration under certain circumstances? Or are you referring to the hit-less nature of SR? (I'm at work or I'd check for myself, sorry.)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I mean the main one is "ignore elemental resistances on critical hit" but I don't think you'd take that with a WI build.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'll have to see what the Elementalist build I was originally following takes at later levels when I get home from work. I do know it takes Elemental Overload early on, don't really remember anything else to do with crit.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

I mean the main one is "ignore elemental resistances on critical hit" but I don't think you'd take that with a WI build.

Only crit ignores resists. It's fairly pointless to go crit inquisitor + scorching ray.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

TheRat posted:

Only crit ignores resists. It's fairly pointless to go crit inquisitor + scorching ray.

Does Inquisitor have enough non-crit-related benefits to justify using it over Elementalist for this?

Gah I wish I could mess around with this stuff at work. I hate proxies.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Vasudus posted:

My SRS duder is blood magic with a stone golem. Provides more regen than a 6L SRS can drain.

Do you run auras?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Does Inquisitor have enough non-crit-related benefits to justify using it over Elementalist for this?

Gah I wish I could mess around with this stuff at work. I hate proxies.

Inquisitor is the default choice for pure scorching ray. I dont know what's best for sr->cwc->wi

Grammaton posted:

Do you run auras?

Probably using a blood magic staff, meaning you can reserve all of your mana for auras.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Ciaphas posted:

That reminds me, does the Icestorm from WI somehow level up on its own or is there something about the way it scales that makes it keep up without the usual benefits of gem leveling?
Icestorm is similar to the HoWAs in that it gains 1-3 base cold damage for every 10 intelligence. With a decent amount of int it's trivial to get the numbers on it on par with and ahead of what spells normally hit.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Grammaton posted:

Do you run auras?

One of the most standard SRS builds these days is Lowlife Blood Magic SRS running a bunch of auras and 1-2 curses.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

theshim posted:

Icestorm is similar to the HoWAs in that it gains 1-3 base cold damage for every 10 intelligence. With a decent amount of int it's trivial to get the numbers on it on par with and ahead of what spells normally hit.

Makes sense; I guess you'd be loading up on Int for beefier energy shields anyway.

Also I made it to p3 shaper on my totem guy yesterday; lost four of six portals on p2 and lost the last two there at p3. That is an insane shitshow of a phase, my god. Fantastic fun though; wish it weren't so expensive to rip, I'd love to practice it more.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 6, 2017

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

What can I do to survive better?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Anithera/characters

So far Xoph wrecks me if I'm not super careful. My last attempt I had to use all portals and got him to a sliver of his hp left and I died.

Atziri's big Flameblast one shot me but I think I may have been able to dodge it and didn't as I'm new to these fights.

I guess more life and maybe armor? My gem utility is bouncing around as this character is an amalgamation of a couple cyclone guides. I tried cwdt enfeeble, I tried cwdt molten shell..warlords mark and immortal call..etc

Dunno what I'm doing ugh.

I've only done up to T6 maps which are not hard but haven't had harder map tiers drop to test higher difficulties.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You gotta set your profile to public.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zaekkor posted:

Atziri's big Flameblast one shot me but I think I may have been able to dodge it and didn't as I'm new to these fights.

It's supposed to oneshot you. The game has a few big 'slams' that you're not supposed to tank, and this is one of them.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also ask in guild chat for map donations

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

JawnV6 posted:

Since it's 100% conversion, isn't Cold stacking just as good? The guide I used said Elementalist was crucial for DPS, and there's a node that helps with ele reflect.

I got into yellow maps up to t9 last night. Despite being a bad casual, SR CWC WI is carrying me really well. Finally got down to US, breaches were the only time enough stuff rushed me to stun but it was still some bad deaths.

In addition to resists and ES, you want Int on every single piece.

fire would scale your ignites while cold wouldn't.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

MMF Freeway posted:

You gotta set your profile to public.

Woops. Fixed!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

also ask in guild chat for map donations

No idea how to join the guild.. the information in the OP has to be outdated because I tried to pm the person that is listed and it said that username does not exist. Should I just ask in Discord?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Zaekkor posted:

What can I do to survive better?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Anithera/characters

So far Xoph wrecks me if I'm not super careful. My last attempt I had to use all portals and got him to a sliver of his hp left and I died.

I guess more life and maybe armor? My gem utility is bouncing around as this character is an amalgamation of a couple cyclone guides. I tried cwdt enfeeble, I tried cwdt molten shell..warlords mark and immortal call..etc

Dunno what I'm doing ugh.

I've only done up to T6 maps which are not hard but haven't had harder map tiers drop to test higher difficulties.

You have +180 life on your gear. :stare: Get more, a lot more. And cap your resists. How much total life do you have?

Like, I have a Kaom's Heart, and not even including that, I still have +575 life from gear.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 6, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zaekkor posted:

No idea how to join the guild.. the information in the OP has to be outdated because I tried to pm the person that is listed and it said that username does not exist. Should I just ask in Discord?

Not seeing anything there that's outdated. Did you PM Sky on here? I know he's still active (and actually playing this league to boot).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

You have +180 life on your gear. :stare: Get more, a lot more. And cap your resists. How much total life do you have?

Like, I have a Kaom's Heart, and not even including that, I still have +575 life from gear.

How high's your total life on the Heart guy anyway? My totem man is at 6k and probably isn't going much higher, and he wears a Heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I'm up to 7.6k with 1k life regen. Three more jewels and a better pair of gloves will put me over 8k easily.

• Locked thread