Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/816806102453121024
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/816806842831699968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I do not think skynet will be a threat anytime soon,

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Opinions like this are a marvelous indicator that I can safely assume that whatever a person says, the opposite is true. Someone remind me what this individual has posted regarding SC?

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

This looks like the mlb logo. Wouldn't be surprised if it was semi archered given everyone involved with SCs track record.

Actually it's an archer of an archer. A few years back, a bunch of mil folks started making morale patches of the mlb logo but with an operator on it instead. CIG practically lifted their design and made it all futuristic.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Fatkraken posted:

Opinions like this are a marvelous indicator that I can safely assume that whatever a person says, the opposite is true. Someone remind me what this individual has posted regarding SC?

Yep. Even gone to harassing gaming journalists and publications who have made dismissive comments about SC.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

How loving insecure about yourself do you have to be before you use "real" in your twitter handle when you're not an actual celebrity?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Fatkraken posted:

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/651156002344009728
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/805103847215665154
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/766995199922802690
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/779322201958907904
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/779322622878375937

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jan 6, 2017

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

The guy seems to be full on :tinfoil:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Yea, and don't buy any of that "world is round" crap. Dare you to sail off to the edge of the ocean and say that.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Jesus Christ, what an insufferable piece of poo poo.

"I get that not everyone can stomach open development" - What does this even meeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaan :psypop:

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Mako sharks are not endangered.

Way to contribute to shark overfishing you arse. Please share other ways in which you are just the worst.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Daztek posted:

They actually completed my refund on the 29th, billing department was out until today, though

You bought into this

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

TBH, over the past few days with Manofmanysharkmurders and this gremlin bufoon, we've learned something we should have already known.

Outspoken Star Citizen fans have horrible opinions about things.

Mindblowing, I know.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I kinda hope Gremlin is that weird looking short fat guy that appears at CIG events and stuff.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Xaerael posted:

I kinda hope Gremlin is that weird looking short fat guy that appears at CIG events and stuff.

Usually the really outspoken crazy ones don't go out in public due to fear of other people and the danger of immediate premature ejaculation upon sighting an (any) woman, so I doubt that he's ever been seen at an event.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Sabreseven posted:

Usually the really outspoken crazy ones don't go out in public due to fear of other people and the danger of immediate premature ejaculation upon sighting an (any) woman, so I doubt that he's ever been seen at an event.

I find the really crazy ones can't wait to go outside so they can smear their poo poo ideas in the face of innocent people in the hopes of showing the "dummies" how smart they are.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Enchanted Hat posted:

Don't be a baby. Hunting sharks is a much cooler way of spending your time than posting about unreleased video games, no matter how you slice it.

EDIT: Atlantic cat

Actually, its much cooler to swim with sharks. And not in shark cages. Join the scoobydoos.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Raskolnikov posted:

That was p rad :) I'm glad I didn't space truck for 300 hours to never hit that event chain!

It's not an event chain. You don't have to truck for 300 hrs to "hit" etc. It's a location based trigger. Which is why more people are going to that location now.

Scott Manley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqaIWtTCB1E

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ewe2 posted:

Counting down towards Shillizens cries of better aliens in 3...2...1

Elite Dangerous gets Thargoids

Star Citizen gets Big Bennys stonehenge

:negative:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Sale At Albertsons! posted:

Actually, its much cooler to swim with sharks. And not in shark cages. Join the scoobydoos.

When you think about it SEA PATROL has more cohesive and interesting lore and design than Star Citizen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

TheAgent confirms one of my leaks: Chris Roberts removing himself from the project to allow himself to "focus more on rewrites and mocap (again)" is really a plot by Chris to slowly remove himself from the limelight before disappearing entirely from Star Citizen/CIG/RSI/etcetc.

Expect to see him in a non-extradition country within the next 3 months, most likely some march break bollocks.

There are also rumours that Sandi is in the process of divorcing Chris, again. This one may not be true as they didn't remarry, to my knowledge. This is easily verifiably by the fact that Sandi never wears her ring. Also, lol, she's getting full custody.

Chris removing himself from the project is pure bollocks, and isn't likely to ever happen. His ego alone won't allow it.

Sandi trying to get a divorce has been discussed in my Discord channel for weeks now. It's quite possibly false.

ps: They are married. Twice. It's in the public records. And Chris, in his Oct 2015 diatribe to me and The Escapist, called Sandi his "wife", when he finally owned up to them being married.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

These clowns theory-craft everything. Even their dreams.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Yes, I look forward to the sea of "guy was wrong about thing" articles since they're just so common.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Finally, after being late (like the other two entities) and paying fines each year, for whatever reason, CIG (UK) have now filed their financials.

Though these are for 2015, it's clear now why they need to keep raising money. Basically, CIG costs 15m GBP ($18m) a year; which is 50% of the yearly fundraising. wow.

Remember, for some reason, there are 3 (!) UK companies for this single project. Seriously. CIG (UK), RSI (UK), F42 (UK).

And CIG (UK) is possibly funding both F42 (UK) and F42 (GER); but there is no way to know that info without seeing the F42 (GER) filings, as they could be funded by

CIG (UK)

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history

F42 (UK)

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history

RSI (UK)

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08882924/filing-history

The complete (we think) list of companies setup for and/or associated with the Star Citizen project in some form or another:

quote:

List of Star Citizen related corporate entities

1) Cloud Imperium Games Corp, West Hollywood, CA
2) Cloud Imperium Games LLC, West Hollywood, CA
3) Cloud Imperium Services, LLC West Hollywood, CA <– The one is interesting. It is found on BBB, but is not in the CA Secretary Of State dB records
4) Cloud Imperium Games LLC, Santa Monica, CA
5) Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, West Hollywood, CA
6) Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, Austin, TX
7) Cloud Imperium Games UK Limited, UK
8) Foundry 42 Limited, UK
9) Foundry 42, Germany
10) Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, West Hollywood, CA
11) Gemini 42 Productions LLC, Santa Monica, CA
12) Roberts Space Industries Corp, West Hollywood, CA
13) Roberts Space Industries International Limited, UK
14) Twin Brothers Production Inc, West Hollywood, CA
15) Twin Bros, Germany

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Xaerael posted:

I find the really crazy ones can't wait to go outside so they can smear their poo poo ideas in the face of innocent people in the hopes of showing the "dummies" how smart they are.

I had one of those working for me a while ago, he pissed literally everyone off including his own family with his constant SC fangirling and creeped out a Council representative who was conducting a site inspection. I'm not sure exactly what he had said to the rep but according to his teamleader it started off as an innocent chat about pc games then turned into a two hour sales pitch which impeeded the rep from doing his job.

He was promptly let go shortly after that as I don't like getting complaints about employees from the Council. :)

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
We were talking about ship design a little while ago, on that note I really like the ED thargoids. They look organic but nicely alien, taking inspiration from plants/starfish rather than the usual insects or crustaceans seen over and over from Alien to Warhammer, the particle effects are neat and unlike any of the current ships, and they have a distinctive silhouette which links them unmistakably to the 10 polygon models from a 25 year old game while still looking modern and fresh

That's some cool design, a nice callback and a good take on how to update a simple visual concept to account for a millionfold increase in computing power

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
In general Elite:D has done a wonderful job converting the old silhouettes into full fledged models.

A lot of the stations are still the giant polygons for instance, but they added a ton more detail to their surfaces.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I think they've captured the "Beautiful, mysterious, yet incredibly deadly" look and feel absolutely perfectly for the updated Thargoid, the sound in particular gives off that menacing and foreboding sense of wonder and dread as it lazily arcs into view.

Can't fault FD at all tbh, it's pretty much perfect. Can't wait for the bastards to start grabbing people out of witchspace and ripping them to bits, bet it's weapons are spectacular. :D

It would probably cause me to poo poo enough bricks to build an extension in VR :)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 6, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I'm the federal employee threatening to abuse my power on someone who says mean things about a video game I like.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm the federal employee threatening to abuse my power on someone who says mean things about a video game I like.

You do know who the President Elect is right?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm the federal employee threatening to abuse my power on someone who says mean things about a video game I hope to like before I die of old age waiting for it to release.

ftfy

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Asema posted:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Sale At Albertsons! posted:

Way to contribute to shark overfishing you arse. Please share other ways in which you are just the worst.

:same:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Xaerael posted:

TBH, over the past few days with Manofmanysharkmurders and this gremlin bufoon, we've learned something we should have already known.

Outspoken Star Citizen fans have horrible opinions about things.

Mindblowing, I know.

:chanpop:

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015
Haven't seen this posted yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akwVVi6weKQ

Somebody did a lag-analysis of Star Marine, gist is movement has a lag of 370ms with a 25ms ping. Means everyone who isn't from Virginia suffers lag of more than half a second. For an twitchbased shooter every player might as well be in his own private autistic instance at that point.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Asema posted:

Yeah. He's the guy who's going to gut the federal workforce and outsource the workload to companies that, coincidentally, are owned by his children.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

chochmah posted:

Haven't seen this posted yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akwVVi6weKQ

Somebody did a lag-analysis of Star Marine, gist is movement has a lag of 370ms with a 25ms ping. Means everyone who isn't from Virginia suffers lag of more than half a second. For an twitchbased shooter every player might as well be in his own private autistic instance at that point.

:itwaspoo:

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

Lladre posted:

Oh man, so now we know what they do with the player model when the player becomes a ship.
And why sometimes they have a ragdoll in their cockpit because it didn't get sent to the right grid.

MOMA, get a refund.

I don't know anything about game development, but if the player truly becomes the ship, why does the old player model even need to be anywhere? Can't it just, like, be unloaded or something? Also what the gently caress is with the archway/engine grill thing?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Lumberyard working well

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ripptide posted:

Yea, and don't buy any of that "world is round" crap. Dare you to sail off to the edge of the ocean and say that.

"Studies of scientists show the opposite"

Xaerael posted:

How loving insecure about yourself do you have to be before you use "real" in your twitter handle when you're not an actual celebrity?

If you're a c*nt, then it's possible that someone could stovepipe your account, but it's more that people use it to try and suggest that they're 'more legit' than others.

Dunno, deleted my Twitter account. The ones I started up for botting are more anonymous.