Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

naem posted:

I'm oxygenating my womb space

All I wanna do, is sit right here, and enjoy my wine. :fakesip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im pretty sure some of the dumb vader suit stuff is still canon and is part of the 1% of EU that survived/came after the disney acquisition.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Zzulu posted:

They're not very entertaining at all and all the action in them is bad

They are only entertaining if you truly enjoy spending 90 minutes giggling at bad scenes

That's me

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Universe Master posted:

The funniest video outside of the plinket stuff was just them reading the darth vader wookipedia.

This and the Dom Deluise gay babies bit are the only two RLM things I've ever rewatched and will probably watch again someday.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

RLM is on point.

I enjoyed all the callbacks to previous Star Wars movies. I am the problem.

There wasn't much else to enjoy :smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Paladinus posted:

This and the Dom Deluise gay babies bit are the only two RLM things I've ever rewatched and will probably watch again someday.

my most rewatched RLM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0

and then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQlPr3hxXuA

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
As with all their other Off-Format videos, the podcast video was twice as long as it was funny.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ScrubLeague posted:

As with all their other Off-Format videos, the podcast video was twice as long as it was funny.

12 minutes is too long?

smh

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
When you have 6 minutes of jokes, yeah.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Youtube commentators imitating podcast commentators while criticizing fanboys of media that have voluntarily poured hundreds of hours editing into multiple videos (that get paid from advertisements but won't sell out to a corporation to promote media they can't stop talking about).

temple fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 6, 2017

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It's easy to not sell out to corporations when they don't offer you any money or contact you

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Disney could buy Mike for three bottles of vodka.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hemale in pain posted:

It's easy to not sell out to corporations when they don't offer you any money or contact you

"Useful idiots".

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's such a perfect mocking. It reminded me of the Rooster Teeth video where they gave Giant Bomb poo poo for giving Fallout 4 a 3 out of 5 while wearing the promotional plastic Pip Boys that came with the collector's edition of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMtajiLLGWM

I can't find the actual video, just this one mocking it, but the thumbnail gets my point across.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Things that own:

Resident Evil movies
The new video
All RLM off-format videos
Rich Evans
That gif of mike on a rollercoaster cart

Things that don't own:

People who didn't like the new video
Star Wars the force awakens
Boyhood the movie
Josh

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

All I wanna do, is sit right here, and enjoy my wine. :fakesip:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i like the wizard

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

ScrubLeague posted:

I just want to say, I loved this video. Loved it. Now that's a good point you bring up, because some people- I mean people are always going to nitpick. Yeah. Like on every video, they're going to nitpick, that's just something people do on the internet apparently. So people are going to nitpick, but you bring up a good point. It's about, you know, people are saying- and I just want to reiterate that I loved this video. Some people are saying the video might have been a little too long. Now I myself watched Lord of the Rings, like even the Extended Cuts. So I don't mind long videos. But I just wanted to get your opinions on this, do you think this video was maybe too long?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

WampaLord posted:

It's such a perfect mocking. It reminded me of the Rooster Teeth video where they gave Giant Bomb poo poo for giving Fallout 4 a 3 out of 5 while wearing the promotional plastic Pip Boys that came with the collector's edition of the game.

I can't find the actual video, just this one mocking it, but the thumbnail gets my point across.
So its about ethics in gaming journalism?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Me, personally, I loved the podcast video. I'm going to rate it 8/10, because I, personally, also loved Rogue One.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

That gif of mike on a rollercoaster cart

There is a video somewhere that I can't find since watching it. It is so much better with quotes getting blasted with carny music.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

LordArgh posted:

i like the wizard

the fred savage movie?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdtlcwyYzvI

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

WampaLord posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7sXHiUBrZM

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

"I've got a bone to pick! people who review things low"

lol

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

lol

I'd give them an 8 out of 10 for effort.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

WampaLord posted:

Goddamn this is perfect. Like the cameraman was a secret genius for zooming in on the merchandise while these idiots were squawking away and so completely unaware of themselves. poo poo like this is what makes me appreciate RLMs podcast video even more.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

hemale in pain posted:

lol

They just be hatin!

God I hate people who do that.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I never realized Rooster Teeth had become so transparently garbage, but it's not like they've ever been known for their integrity or whatever. They made silly cartoons using Halo and then ended up collaborating with the developers of Halo to make MORE silly cartoons using more Halo. I guess that sort of partnership/sponsorship didn't bother me though 'cause it sorta makes sense, Bungie was obviously flattered by the popularity of RvB and them reaching out felt genuine.

I never cared about any of their other stuff, but drat it makes me sick to see how far we done fell.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Know isn't too bad, but I'm finding it hard to justify my subscription to them in light of that video.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I gave up on Rooster Teeth after season 2 of their Halo videos when they literally jumped out of the gluch and any comedic value. Any seasons after that must have been miserable. I never viewed any of their other stuff but my guess was that they were insufferable high off their own farts for their special access.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I never realized Rooster Teeth had become so transparently garbage, but it's not like they've ever been known for their integrity or whatever. They made silly cartoons using Halo and then ended up collaborating with the developers of Halo to make MORE silly cartoons using more Halo. I guess that sort of partnership/sponsorship didn't bother me though 'cause it sorta makes sense, Bungie was obviously flattered by the popularity of RvB and them reaching out felt genuine.

I never cared about any of their other stuff, but drat it makes me sick to see how far we done fell.

I would like to propose they're actually the perfect case study of what's wrong.

They used to be guys with day jobs who just made Halo crap in their spare time for fun. It wasn't the best entertainment ever but it was a neat concept. Their efforts pioneered a lot of the tools available in developer modes in shooters today- the whole thing where you fly around a camera and you can place scenery? To some degree bringing that to the public was accelerated by these guys because Bungie wanted to help them make better videos without having to do things like stand on a tank barrel to do a crane shot.

Then they found out they could make money. These people never realize that at some point it is just their day job. You want me to write an article on the "5 most badass female characters in shooters - #4 will shock you!" yeah sure where you wanna get lunch today. Ah crap I just realized, I gotta stream some No Man's Sky before I can take lunch, set up the green room and I'll head there in 5. Hey what am I native advertising this time- the new Madden? It's a stretch but I'll just say I haven't played one in a while and it's not as bad as I thought. Should get a few of them to preorder it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Rooster Teeth sold out as fast as possible and I would do the same if I was a group of high school dropouts from Texas whose only talent is saying funny things over footage of Halo guys bobbing their heads.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Aren't they also responsible for some generic anime show?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

Rooster Teeth sold out as fast as possible and I would do the same if I was a group of high school dropouts from Texas whose only talent is saying funny things over footage of Halo guys bobbing their heads.

Yea I don't put any blame on them for selling out, but I can blame people who watch their content and think it is good.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

Aren't they also responsible for some generic anime show?

RBXY. Pronounced ruby. Some fuckers called it the best anime ever. I knew it wasn't but I gave it a shot anyway. Watched couple episodes. I turned around and told him it was the worse anime wannbe ever, an utter trash of a show and he was an idiot. I really didn't care the creator died and they were using that to score audience point which was gross. I would spin in my grave if that was my legacy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Actually, all anime is bad.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
The only good thing about rooster teeth nowadays is funhaus and they're not really rooster teeth anyway.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

Actually, all anime is bad.

If your first exposure to it was RBXY I wouldn't blame you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

video games chat ?! :ssj:

• Locked thread