Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
It's been a while since I had to create a phony email for anything. Could have used my real one if I could PM. We'll keep plugging away. Trying again, please use yeoldecaganer at gmail

El Caganer posted:

Ugh

Right now I'm saving up for an avatar

Sataere, Spoeank, Ninja Bob, Ben Nevis, 89 --

https://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/

Roll 1 d1000, Roll 1 time

send to yeoldecaganer at gmail.com (include username)

order will be highest to lowest roll

and please email me your email for MFL or include it in the roll

:sax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Is there a magic trick to get your money out of Yahoo? I went to my "Yahoo Wallet" since that is apparently a thing I have and it just reads 0 bucks. I won one of my goon leagues that was suppose to pay like 100-150.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

El Caganer posted:

Yeah.. I haven't gotten mine either.. I sent it to Ben for confirmation

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 894
Roll subtotal: 894
Roll total: 894

I'll confirm I received this.

Does it make sense to break this off into a different thread at this point?

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Yeah I was kind of hoping to get all this admin bullshit out of the way but of course in true me fashion it's a clusterfuck already.

There's another important rule I almost forgot, will post here for all to see. Then I'll start the thread for us 6

ROID SHOT - Each week you will designate one player to receive a "Steroid Shot" -- this player will get double points if that player's team wins, and 1/2 of his points that week if that player's team loses.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

El Caganer posted:

I didn't get anything from you, or from the dice site :( I did from Ben Nevis though. Maybe this lovely free mail service doesn't like the dice mail. Can you try forwarding?

I think the problem is that I sent it to gmail, not mail.com. Check now.

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Sataere posted:

I think the problem is that I sent it to gmail, not mail.com. Check now.

I got it!

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 926
Roll subtotal: 926
Roll total: 926

Noo!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Trebek posted:

Is there a magic trick to get your money out of Yahoo? I went to my "Yahoo Wallet" since that is apparently a thing I have and it just reads 0 bucks. I won one of my goon leagues that was suppose to pay like 100-150.

I can't find it now, but yesterday Yahoo had a note up on league pages about money being released in the first week or so of January after scores had been finalized. So I'd give it until the end of the week before worrying.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

El Caganer posted:

Yeah I was kind of hoping to get all this admin bullshit out of the way but of course in true me fashion it's a clusterfuck already.

There's another important rule I almost forgot, will post here for all to see. Then I'll start the thread for us 6

ROID SHOT - Each week you will designate one player to receive a "Steroid Shot" -- this player will get double points if that player's team wins, and 1/2 of his points that week if that player's team loses.

I vote against gimmicks. It's like bonuses, they are dumb. Let the best man win..

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Fair enough. Again, the way we always did it, and it does add a little bit of engagement, provide some hope, but I'm fine with dropping

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I screwed up the dice roll thing and had it roll multiple times, but taking the first one, I got:

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 631
Roll subtotal: 631
Roll total: 631

Hopefully you received the email, El Caganer, and it looks like it should have my email in it? But let me know if not.

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Ninja Bob posted:

I screwed up the dice roll thing and had it roll multiple times, but taking the first one, I got:

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 631
Roll subtotal: 631
Roll total: 631

Hopefully you received the email, El Caganer, and it looks like it should have my email in it? But let me know if not.

No... still nothing coming in straight from that site. If you got it could you forward it to me?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

El Caganer posted:

No... still nothing coming in straight from that site. If you got it could you forward it to me?

Forwarded it over, I put the wrong email for you initially so that could be part of the problem.

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

mail.com was a bust!

Got it, you're good, 631 confirmed

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Rolled my dice, emailed you. Was I supposed to forward it?

338 was my roll. I closed the website...

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Got it, thanks. Just waiting on 89, and Ben can't get to the dice site from work. Thread started as well.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Made a thread for Playoff MFL #2.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Just thinking about next season, what do you do with Allen Robinson? I mean, the stats are sort of freakish to me. He had virtually the same number of targets (2 less this year), 7 less catches, and over 700 less yards.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

Just thinking about next season, what do you do with Allen Robinson? I mean, the stats are sort of freakish to me. He had virtually the same number of targets (2 less this year), 7 less catches, and over 700 less yards.

He thrived on deep balls to get that yardage, and that plus absurd touchdown efficiency makes me think 2015 was flukier for him than we thought. Tough to say he'll be as bad as this year again, but I don't think he'll get back to 2015 numbers without massive improvements at QB.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I'm gonna laugh so hard if Zenner becomes a thing again.

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/816867127768580096

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
don't sleep ZZzzzz on the great white hope

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Lions have all the RB hype you could want, from AA to ZZ!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

He thrived on deep balls to get that yardage, and that plus absurd touchdown efficiency makes me think 2015 was flukier for him than we thought. Tough to say he'll be as bad as this year again, but I don't think he'll get back to 2015 numbers without massive improvements at QB.

Nah, he is gonna get back to form. The offense was such garbage that everything production wise was a struggle for him. He was never the first rounder that people thought he could be, but he should still be a top ten prospect next year.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

RVProfootballer posted:

I think(hope) Bortles can get his poo poo figured out with better coaching. 2015 will probably be the best Bort2ARob will ever be, but I think next year will be better that this year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

One more spot in the $20 playoff draft. Slow draft starting soon in the thread. Claim spot now if you are interested!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
How does playoff fantasy even work? Is your draft strategy just heavily biased around the Patriots?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Inspector_666 posted:

How does playoff fantasy even work? Is your draft strategy just heavily biased around the Patriots?

6 teams, draft 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 2K and 2DEF. Whoever has the most points at the end of the playoffs wins.

And I did pick Brady with my first pick :v:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sataere posted:

6 teams, draft 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 2K and 2DEF. Whoever has the most points at the end of the playoffs wins.

Right but one team could be entirely eliminated by the end of the first round, right?

EDIT: I suppose that's the entire point :downs:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Inspector_666 posted:

Right but one team could be entirely eliminated by the end of the first round, right?

EDIT: I suppose that's the entire point :downs:

Yeah, it's different from regular because you want the best players, but you also have to factor in availability.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I guess in later rounds you have to pick between mediocre players on teams you think will go to the SB, vs. very good players on teams likely to be eliminated early. Like do you think the Falcons are going all the way? If not, where do you draft Julio? I'm starting to see the appeal.

But I promised my wife the Fantasy season was over and I don't think I can renege and then try to watch all the playoff games. Her mom is coming over this weekend and we need to help her buy a car or she's going to get severely taken advantage of by some dealership.

And playing Fantasy while not watching the games... I don't know how people do that, it sounds like torture.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Epi Lepi posted:

I think(hope) Bortles can get his poo poo figured out with better coaching. 2015 will probably be the best Bort2ARob will ever be, but I think next year will be better that this year.

Apparently Bortles was also playing with a sprain to his AC joint and tendinitis in his wrist for over half the season, which could explain why his mechanics went to complete poo poo. This doesn't really address the sneaking suspicion I have that he is probably just bad at football, but at least there's some additional hope on top of the coaching changes.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

I guess in later rounds you have to pick between mediocre players on teams you think will go to the SB, vs. very good players on teams likely to be eliminated early. Like do you think the Falcons are going all the way? If not, where do you draft Julio? I'm starting to see the appeal.

But I promised my wife the Fantasy season was over and I don't think I can renege and then try to watch all the playoff games. Her mom is coming over this weekend and we need to help her buy a car or she's going to get severely taken advantage of by some dealership.

And playing Fantasy while not watching the games... I don't know how people do that, it sounds like torture.

Dude, not watching games is the least stressful way to play fantasy football. Refreshing every minute to see if some other guy has scored is stressful as hell.

But trying to get a league started at this point would be nuts

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Sataere posted:

Dude, not watching games is the least stressful way to play fantasy football.

Yeah, this season I was on vacation in Jamaica during the Championship game with spotty wifi and zero cell service and it was actually pretty great. Once I came to terms with the fact that I wouldn't be able to watch any games or refresh my scores very often at all, it felt good to let fate be what it would be. And also, yeah I won so that helped a lot.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So you're saying I should cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket subscription and not watch 8 games simultaneously at 10AM every Sunday morning, flip between two or three all afternoon, and then also watch all of the thursday, monday, and sunday night games?

But... I mean... what would I do instead?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

So you're saying I should cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket subscription and not watch 8 games simultaneously at 10AM every Sunday morning, flip between two or three all afternoon, and then also watch all of the thursday, monday, and sunday night games?

But... I mean... what would I do instead?

I'm just saying don't do that while also looking at your fantasy lineup

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If I wasn't also looking at my fantasy lineup, I'd have no reason to do that, though.

Keep in mind I print out a spreadsheet every Saturday night with all the starting and sitting players for my six fantasy teams, fill in the channel numbers for each game from DirecTV, and then use that to quick-reference which offenses and defenses I want to watch at any given moment. Usually with an 8-game morning, there's only between one and three games at any given moment with a player on the field that I want to watch earn me points for a bit.

Early in the season I also watch a lot of games to scout players, and late in the season there are usually some backups starting that I want to scout. If there's an injury of a major skill player in any game I usually try to watch the backup play to see if he's likely to be a good pickup off waivers ASAP, or not.

All of this bullshit gives me an incredible edge against my opponents no edge whatsoever, given I was eliminated from the playoffs in all four leagues this year (the other two were MFL-10 slow drafts, so no playoffs).

In all honesty though it's a bit too much, my social life suffers during football season and I think I may well cut back to two leagues next year, cancel Sunday Ticket, and do something better with my time. But it's gonna be hard, going about my day on Sunday knowing all that football is happening and I could be watching it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

If I wasn't also looking at my fantasy lineup, I'd have no reason to do that, though.

Keep in mind I print out a spreadsheet every Saturday night with all the starting and sitting players for my six fantasy teams, fill in the channel numbers for each game from DirecTV, and then use that to quick-reference which offenses and defenses I want to watch at any given moment. Usually with an 8-game morning, there's only between one and three games at any given moment with a player on the field that I want to watch earn me points for a bit.

Early in the season I also watch a lot of games to scout players, and late in the season there are usually some backups starting that I want to scout. If there's an injury of a major skill player in any game I usually try to watch the backup play to see if he's likely to be a good pickup off waivers ASAP, or not.

All of this bullshit gives me an incredible edge against my opponents no edge whatsoever, given I was eliminated from the playoffs in all four leagues this year (the other two were MFL-10 slow drafts, so no playoffs).

In all honesty though it's a bit too much, my social life suffers during football season and I think I may well cut back to two leagues next year, cancel Sunday Ticket, and do something better with my time. But it's gonna be hard, going about my day on Sunday knowing all that football is happening and I could be watching it.

Honestly, I kinda want to watch football with you

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
As someone who hasn't watched a non-Super Bowl NFL game in like five years, let me tell you that my life is great and fantasy is just as loving stupid and bad either way so don't sweat it too much

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

(from June)
Kerwynn Williams and Mike Gillislee keep popping up in various analyses I'm doing for ground control as possible "good runners".

Mike Gillislee took 101 carries and finished the season:
- #1 in YPC (with 5.7, Bilal was 2nd with 5.5),
- #1 in DVOA (45%, McCoy was 2nd with 28.1%),
- #1 in success rate (66%, Zeke was 2nd with 57%),
- #1 in first down rate (38.6%, Bilal was 2nd with 34.4%),
- #1 in touchdown rate (7.9%, Tevin Coleman was 2nd with 6.8%),
- #1 in ANY/RA (7.3, McCoy was 2nd with 6.53)

(among players with 100+ carries)

Football Outsiders sounds impressed:

quote:

Better Than His Standard Stats Made Him Look: Mike Gillislee, BUF
LeSean McCoy may not have even been the best running back on his own team. Mike Gillislee had 101 carries for the Bills this year, putting him just over the 100-carry minimum needed to qualify for our record books. And qualify he did -- his DVOA of 45.0% destroyed the old record of 36.6%, set by Marshall Faulk in 2000. Gillislee also set a record with a success rate of 66 percent, breaking the old mark of 63 percent set by Gary Brown of the Houston Oilers way back in 1993. He finished with 238 total DYAR on only 627 yards from scrimmage.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

Mike Gillislee took 101 carries and finished the season:
- #1 in YPC (with 5.7, Bilal was 2nd with 5.5),
- #1 in DVOA (45%, McCoy was 2nd with 28.1%),
- #1 in success rate (66%, Zeke was 2nd with 57%),
- #1 in first down rate (38.6%, Bilal was 2nd with 34.4%),
- #1 in touchdown rate (7.9%, Tevin Coleman was 2nd with 6.8%),
- #1 in ANY/RA (7.3, McCoy was 2nd with 6.53)

(among players with 100+ carries)

Football Outsiders sounds impressed:

Call me crazy, but I'm glad I swiped him out from under you in that Dynasty league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Kerwynn Williams looked pretty good too, I know he didn't get nearly enough attempts to be statistically useful, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he's able to do going forward. Although with David Johnson dominating out there, he may continue to not get much play.

• Locked thread