Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

I mean she is 3 power and 4 toughness in attacking creatures for 2 mana and she is a revolt enabler. I am more worried about her being legendary than anything else at a two drop.

Yeah but it's only 1 power of evasive attackers. That isn't good at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but it's only 1 power of evasive attackers. That isn't good at all.

A throw away 2/1 isn't terrible. Just like a lot of cards, we just don't know until more cards come out. There is some merit to the token generator being harder to kill at 2cmc but there are a lot of 3/2's out there in this set.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Some art teases before the full spoiler

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Menace and first strike go very well together. They have to gang block, and if you can first-strike kill one of the blockers then the other one lacks the power to kill you. Combat tricks are going to be very good with her. Built to Smash a Kari is gonna be nasty.

This is all for limited, obviously.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Menace and first strike go very well together. They have to gang block, and if you can first-strike kill one of the blockers then the other one lacks the power to kill you. Combat tricks are going to be very good with her. Built to Smash a Kari is gonna be nasty.

This is all for limited, obviously.

She's gonna be hard to kill just in creature combat.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Full spoiler

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/aether-revolt

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Hah, got it in one

Rinkles posted:

Looks like the dwarf is scaring the machines with the baby gremlin (cause they eat through artifacts).

So maybe the card can't be blocked by creatures or some such.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

What a flavor slam dunk lol

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
She has cool design. Hopefully there are decent Red Revolt cards for her pay off.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Hah, got it in one

*completely seriously* why isn't this red

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Hey, a semi cantrip.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Best artifact removal so far.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

mcmagic posted:

What a flavor slam dunk lol

:uhaul: :aaaaa:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

HOly Moly.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Not a single graveyard hate was printed. Looks like more of the same. Sucks :(

Burn got 2 burn spells and one is pretty sub-optimal. Red is visits hose town yet again.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Sickening posted:

HOly Moly.

Hey let's have two people at the table drafting five color good stuff alright sweet

:toot:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sickening posted:

HOly Moly.

I feel like this is the best mana dork printed in a while. It dodges removal and draws you a card when you no longer need it making it not a terrible topdeck.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sickening posted:

I feel like this is the best mana dork printed in a while.

It's not ramp.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

I feel like this is the best mana dork printed in a while. It dodges removal and draws you a card when you no longer need it making it not a terrible topdeck.

I'd play it any limited deck but it's not ramp.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

New, more powerful, templating for Green one sided fights.

I don't like it, but at least it's fairly expensive.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

f;b

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

That seems like a big oops. Probably still won't be good, but for standard anything can be crazy sometimes.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sickening posted:

HOly Moly.

waow!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

That seems like a big oops.

Ehh it's fine.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Extremely strong combat trick. Think real had before you try to kill your opponent's cloudblazer.

Obligatory unplayable vanilla creature that ostensibly has tribal synergy except there's no actual tribal synergy in the set.

lol at how bad this card is

:eyepop:

Red seems like it's going to continue the trend from kaladesh where it's not good at anything but aggro, but also it's bad at aggro. Shock seems particularly weak with how pushed the creatures are. Lots of 3-toughness and ETB triggers.

Pretty sweet grizzly bear where you can throw the 2/2 of stats onto your big trampler in the late game. Kind of hurts that you have to telegraph it a turn in advance though.

I like this cycle of mana sinks at common.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Sickening posted:

That seems like a big oops.

It is also a 2 card 9 mana combo that can be chump blocked. Also, the combo dies to a Revolting Fatal Push. I am not terribly worried about it, and hope it ends up being fringe awesome.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

mandatory lesbian posted:

*completely seriously* why isn't this red

Well it's an undercosted aggro creature with evasion. Of course it's white.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lol thanks wizards

Combo winter!!!1

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
You'd probably run it in a rug shell with sylvan scrying to find the fumarole and blossoming defense to protect your robot. I don't think it will break standard or anything but it could be a fun fringe deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

uninverted posted:

You'd probably run it in a rug shell with sylvan scrying to find the fumarole and blossoming defense to protect your robot. I don't think it will break standard or anything but it could be a fun fringe deck.

You probably have to give it trample too.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Has there ever been a 2 mana threaten effect before?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I'd play it any limited deck but it's not ramp.

I'm not sold. You're going to end up in awkward positions where it's your only source of fixing but you haven't drawn your splash cards yet. Do you crack it and hope not to draw the splash cards? Or do you put yourself down a card and hope to draw your splash cards?

Probably good as a revolt enabler but it's pretty bad at mana fixing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

little munchkin posted:

I'm not sold. You're going to end up in awkward positions where it's your only source of fixing but you haven't drawn your splash cards yet. Do you crack it and hope not to draw the splash cards? Or do you put yourself down a card and hope to draw your splash cards?

It's really good if you loop it with Rallier, I think.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

little munchkin posted:

You can probably splash with this plus 2 or 3 basics and it's one of your better late game top decks. "G: Draw a card" is fine.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sickening posted:

Best artifact removal so far.
Release the Gremlins seems better?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Release the Gremlins seems better?

Sorcery, 3 cmc. Doesn't seem better to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Cool that you can play the Fumerole as your land for the turn and immediately animate it and it doesn't affect the combo.

• Locked thread