Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I remember when Berlingske ran a story on Swedish immigration, linking Fria Tider (basically Swedish Breitbart) as their source. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Beeswax posted:

I remember when Berlingske ran a story on Swedish immigration, linking Fria Tider (basically Swedish Breitbart) as their source. Good times.

I thought avpixlat was our Breitbart. :(

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Demiurge4 posted:

EB has hard hitting and constructive journalism such as this gem.

I said some times, like the Bonde Nielsen case, or the Dan Lynge case, or the coverage of the Iraq War White Book, or the series about Stadsarkitektens Direktorat in Copenhagen, or the Hafnia case.

Sure, it's a tabloid, but **some times** they do some drat good work, and when they do you can be sure they'll bite on hard.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Adding another one. Never ever trust bt.dk.

As you may have heard, there was a major country-wide breakdown on Yousee's TV signal on New Year's Eve. Apparently it has been discovered that someone deliberately hacked the backend systems, which led to the arrest of a 51yo man yesterday. A lot of people seem to think this man is either a current or former TDC/Yousee employee with access to the affected systems, but this has not been confirmed.

Subsequently, a "journalist" from bt.dk sought out a Yousee employee who was rejected on X Factor last week for being a terrible singer. The "journalist" rang his doorbell and claimed to be from the postal service, in order to ask him whether he knew anything about the Yousee breakdown.

Absolutely loving shameful.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

Adding another one. Never ever trust bt.dk.

As you may have heard, there was a major country-wide breakdown on Yousee's TV signal on New Year's Eve. Apparently it has been discovered that someone deliberately hacked the backend systems, which led to the arrest of a 51yo man yesterday. A lot of people seem to think this man is either a current or former TDC/Yousee employee with access to the affected systems, but this has not been confirmed.

Subsequently, a "journalist" from bt.dk sought out a Yousee employee who was rejected on X Factor last week for being a terrible singer. The "journalist" rang his doorbell and claimed to be from the postal service, in order to ask him whether he knew anything about the Yousee breakdown.

Absolutely loving shameful.

Just... why?

I love that the Yousee debacle was the biggest headline in the country for several days :allears: I keep trying to read more national news instead of international, only to discover that nothing happens here.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I personally only read den korte avis :v:

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Savage Cracker posted:

I personally only read den korte avis :v:

You mean breitbart.dk? :v:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Hey guys, a news update from Iceland: Liberal parties side with the corrupt neoliberal bourgie party they were formed to oppose rather than work with the left.

I don't think I really need to say more, the slow murder of the Nordic system by the liberals isn't exactly something unfamiliar to people here I'd think.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Fria Tider is linked more often than you'd think on non-Swedish sites. Mostly super racist ones, but still.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Hey guys, a news update from Iceland: Liberal parties side with the corrupt neoliberal bourgie party they were formed to oppose rather than work with the left.

I don't think I really need to say more, the slow murder of the Nordic system by the liberals isn't exactly something unfamiliar to people here I'd think.

Counterpoint: Who gives a gently caress about Iceland?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alhazred posted:

I love Iceland :(

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

You're a lawyer and incapable of such emotions.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Alhazred posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15joCwPYYk8

(iceland is p cool actually, last I heard you guys were being hosed around with your attempts at a new constitution, that sounds fun)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fun Fact: Iceland was funded by rich tax evaders.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Fun Fact: Iceland was funded by rich tax evaders.

Filthy republican separatists.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

Also, the public pension system is so unsustainable that it's literally not part of my life calculations. A big benefit of being financially literate is that you know that there are alternatives. Furthermore, if the system is eventually salvaged, despite all signs of the contrary, you've lost nothing in the process. Of course everyone with a too low life-income are going to get hosed in process which is why I would prefer something happening sooner rather than later. Especially, since elderly poverty is already rapidly on the rise.

On that point, what are ya'll doing to secure your retirement? I'm mostly stockpiling cash to be able to buy in to the stockmarket the next time the system/market inevitably crashes. A friend of mine has silver bars at home, which seems a bit cumbersome but still a good backup in case inflation fucks the krona up. I live in the UK now and my employers will match my contribution into my pensions up to a certain % of my salary ( think i put in like 3℅ each month)

Do any of you muck about with your ppm's or is it all in A7 fund?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

McCloud posted:

On that point, what are ya'll doing to secure your retirement? I'm mostly stockpiling cash to be able to buy in to the stockmarket the next time the system/market inevitably crashes. A friend of mine has silver bars at home, which seems a bit cumbersome but still a good backup in case inflation fucks the krona up. I live in the UK now and my employers will match my contribution into my pensions up to a certain % of my salary ( think i put in like 3℅ each month)

I put 50k in a tax free savings account reserved for housing expenses 10 years ago. Getting a job is theoretically the next step in my plan.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alhazred posted:

You're a lawyer and incapable of such emotions.

I have emotions. Money is an emotion.

Iceland is good and cool and has a lot of great people. I love it there and I wish they were part of Norway so we could exchange Nynorsk for Icelandic and be properly norwegian again. I'd also really like the chance to live there for some time, if at all possible (it's not).

McCloud posted:

Retirement? loving Trump just got elected and climate change will cause european or global industrial/economic collapse within 30-50 years. Who gives a poo poo about saving money in a banking system that for damned sure is going to go poof just like under the great depression (only worse)? I'm going to put my money into something less guaranteed to vanish when I turn 70 and the neoliberals completely gently caress us all over, good and final.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Magic cards?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Bitcoins?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you're not investing in dune buggies and bondage gear you're doing your post-apocalypse preparations wrong.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

McCloud posted:

. A friend of mine has silver bars at home, which seems a bit cumbersome but still a good backup in case inflation fucks the krona up.

Fun fact: When the norwegian government realized that they made more money on owning forest property than mining for silver they shut the mines down even though they continued to find a lot of it. Your friend owns some fancy doorstops.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I never really understood people who buy gold/silver in preparation for apocalypse. Far better deal would probably be buying gold-plated lead, because who the gently caress has tools to check the purity of your purestrain gold after society has collapsed.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Barter trade and good relations will rule. You'd get your knees broken peddling false wares

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Everyone knows that gork will be the new currency after the apocalypse.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

All in all, being idealistic on immigration didn't give rise to SD, if anything Sweden managed to starve off their DPP equivalent for 20 years by holding onto principles, ideals and what's right. I can understand why a racist would want the narrative to be that the politicians ignores the very real dangers of immigration though.

Except it kind of did though.

If anything I blame the social democrats buying into the "economic-migration-is-good-for-the-economy, especially illiterate muslims refugees" narrative for the rise of SD. This just as much as i blame S for saying that TTIP is a good deal. Both of those are examples of pandering to liberal values, not social democratic ones, and thats just as much a case of lacking principles as the greens slamming the door on refugees is.

Sweden kept the door closed on SD because of a more humanist approach to foreign policy and the recognition of real problems that refugees are facing in a way that Denmark never did. This is largely a legacy of Olof Palme and his crew. The reason as to why SD took as long as they did to take hold is because Sweden, contrary to SD rethoric back in the day, was never really in a tough spot when it came to immigration so some of the potential problems with an open door policy were ignored. It wasn't untill the arab spring and all the bullshit that it triggered that Europe really started to feel the pain immigration wise.

The big iraqi migrant waves in 2004-2007 occured in good economic times, and came in relatively small numbers, it was also in the absence of any real social media networks that could help SD get their message out.

Cerebral Bore posted:

If you want an example of the far-right's actual commitment to preserving the welfare state you need only to look at Finland. Our far-right party happily went into a colaition government with the main bourgie parties and is currently all in on helping to cut everything to the bone.

This is exactly whats gonna happen, and one of the reasons I think the far right in scandinavia will implode. They want to get invited into government with the center-right no matter the cost, and doing so will become impossible unless they go back on about 90% of what they're promising. You can't play cute with The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise and be a guardian of the welfare state at the same time. LO and S are waking up to this, SD are not.

SD wants to be the establishment in a time when people are starting to hate it, this could have potentially terminal effects on their ability to grow post 2018-2022.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 7, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Someone at M must have popped a blood vessel over polling numbers because I can't wrap my head around this. Best case scenario they get an election half a year earlier (We already know from DÖ how S will respond) and worst case scenario they scare off C or L from a 2018 government. It's just baffling. :psyduck:

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=6611427

quote:

Moderaterna är beredda att lämna fram ett gemensamt budgetförslag med Alliansen före 2018.

Moderaterna öppnar för att fälla regeringen redan i höst om Sverigedemokraterna stödjer en gemensam alliansbudget, enligt partiledaren Anna Kinberg Batra.

Moderaterna kan komma att lämna fram en gemensam budget med Alliansen före 2018.

– Jag anser att vi då ska vara beredda att ta ansvar, sa Anna Kinberg Batra på en presskonferens på torsdagsförmiddagen.

– I enskilda frågor där det finns förutsättningar att komma överens, där tycker jag inte att vi ska utesluta möjligheten att bilda majoriteter med SD: det betyder att man måste prata med varandra i riksdagens utskott.

– Men jag vill inte inleda regeringsförhandlingar, regeringssamarbete eller budgetförhandlingar med SD, sa Anna Kinberg Batra.

Men ännu finns ingen enighet inom Alliansen kring den här frågan.

– Det här är ännu inte ett gemensamt Alliansbesked men det vill jag att det ska bli. Då förbättrar vi våra möjligheter att få igenom Allianspolitik. Det är en diskussion som bara har börjat och som ska föras med de andra Allianspartierna, sa Anna Kinberg Batra.

Anna Kinberg Batra kräver att Alliansen agerar gemensamt för att stoppa regeringens politik. Detta även om det ska ske med stöd av Sverigedemokraterna.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Someone at M must have popped a blood vessel over polling numbers because I can't wrap my head around this. Best case scenario they get an election half a year earlier (We already know from DÖ how S will respond) and worst case scenario they scare off C or L from a 2018 government. It's just baffling. :psyduck:

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=6611427

It is a dare, but it also puts pressure on L and C as some commentators noted (both left and right).
Both L and C have talked about a new ruling coalition, but haven't so far dared to actually do anything about it.
Now they have to actually show what they want.
L+KD+M can by themselves with the support of SD kill off the current coalitions budget unless C votes for the S+V+MP budget.
Also, question is whether S want an election now, they are in a worse position than after the last election.

It is a little bit like Scylla and Charybdis-choice for M, either you do and lose some voters to SD and other parties or you lose more voters to SD and other parties.
Which option is which remains to be seen.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Lööf has claimed disinterest in this new strategy. She has consistently impressed me with her resistance towards SD. As a V-voter, I respect that.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Cardiac posted:

It is a dare, but it also puts pressure on L and C as some commentators noted (both left and right).
Both L and C have talked about a new ruling coalition, but haven't so far dared to actually do anything about it.
Now they have to actually show what they want.
L+KD+M can by themselves with the support of SD kill off the current coalitions budget unless C votes for the S+V+MP budget.
Also, question is whether S want an election now, they are in a worse position than after the last election.

It is a little bit like Scylla and Charybdis-choice for M, either you do and lose some voters to SD and other parties or you lose more voters to SD and other parties.
Which option is which remains to be seen.

So M is possibly going to shatter the alliansen because they think that continuing to support its budget is electoral suicide? I'm kind of confused about the chessboard layout here.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just love watching the LUF and CUF (i.e. the liberal party and centre party's youth wings, for any international viewers) making GBS threads on M/MUF on twitter.

https://twitter.com/LUFswe/status/822017258683822080

https://twitter.com/LUFswe/status/822044922413019136

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 19, 2017

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The political youth organisations in Sweden are universally pants-on-head retarded regardless of which party they belong to.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Beeswax posted:

I just love watching the CUF and LUF (i.e. the liberal party and centre party's youth wings, for any international viewers) making GBS threads on M/MUF on twitter.

:lol:

Collateral Damage posted:

The political youth organisations in Sweden are universally pants-on-head retarded regardless of which party they belong to.

Always and without exception, but sometimes they can at least be entertaining. :allears:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Beeswax posted:

I just love watching the LUF and CUF (i.e. the liberal party and centre party's youth wings, for any international viewers) making GBS threads on M/MUF on twitter.

https://twitter.com/LUFswe/status/822044922413019136

I love this. LUF are insane but they can be funny when they want to.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Neeksy posted:

So M is possibly going to shatter the alliansen because they think that continuing to support its budget is electoral suicide? I'm kind of confused about the chessboard layout here.

I think everyone is.
I would guess M thinks it is better to make a bigger mess than it already is and then see where the pieces land.

As for the budget, at the moment Alliansen can't realistically vote for their own budget, since it will go through if SD votes for it.

It is pretty obvious that there is only one winner in the current situation, ie SD, so any attempt to change that should be welcome.
I doubt anyone looks forward to having SD at 20% in next years election, especially considering a lot of the costs for the immigrants in 2015 will roll over to the municipalities this and next year, which will force municipalities into tighter budget constraints.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
It's all just a part of AKB's longplay which I predicted long ago will result in an M-SD-RU government in 2018.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Svartvit posted:

It's all just a part of AKB's longplay which I predicted long ago will result in an M-SD-RU government in 2018.

What's RU? Revolutionär ungdom? Rugby Union?

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Collateral Damage posted:

That's true for all political youth organisations.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Fader Movitz posted:

What's RU? Revolutionär ungdom? Rugby Union?

RU stands for Russia. I just added that so I would trend on the front page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Hahaha, great! A divided Alliansen try to polish their brands at each other's expense but it just plays into SD:s hands by solidifying their image as the only real opposition party everyone else is positioning themselves in relation to.

Cardiac posted:

I doubt anyone looks forward to having SD at 20% in next years election

You're right. Sverigevänner look forward to having them at 30+%