Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Go Bear currently leads the league in both offensive and defensive rating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Alright, I intended this to be mainly about food, but I forgot that there were a couple things I really liked about the entrance to Smoothie King Arena so I took pictures of that, too.

First off, a wall full of all the NOLA-area (or is it state wide? not sure) high school jerseys:

A wall showing the history of basketball in Louisiana:

A showcase of some historical memorabilia:

Life size poster of AD showing off his height and wingspan:

Two different basketball goals to test your vertical jump with:

For food, I ended up getting an alligator poboy. It doesn't come dressed and the only condiments I could put on it were standard hot dog stuff, so I ate it plain. There was something sweet about it, maybe the bread. It didn't use traditional poboy bread, which is a stale french bread, but I think that was for the best. The sausage itself was delicious. Definitely hit the spot and kept me full the rest of the game.

For a drink, I had to get a smoothie, of course. Ended up with the Super Punch Plus. This is the smallest of the Smoothie King locations throughout the arena, but it was the closest one to my seats.

Speaking of my seats, here's the view:

And my fellow season ticket holder who sits right next to me bought these socks to troll her niece:

And that's all for this trip report. Next time, I'll get something from the "gourmet" vendor. If you guys have any questions about other kinds of vendors or anything about the arena itself, please ask!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thats a lot of large pictures.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

Thats a lot of large pictures.

Yes, thankfully they no longer break tables on the SomethingAwful website.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The Spurs are playing well. I do not have faith for this to last but they legitimately have a shot at the title if they continue to get this kind of production out of Parker and Gasol.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kibner posted:

Yes, thankfully they no longer break tables on the SomethingAwful website.

They are still loading, we shall see if they do for me.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I know you are a horrible franchise that can't commit to a name and will be most famous for wasting Anthony Davis but that is no reason to steal Utah's history

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kibner posted:

Alright, I intended this to be mainly about food, but I forgot that there were a couple things I really liked about the entrance to Smoothie King Arena so I took pictures of that, too.

And that's all for this trip report. Next time, I'll get something from the "gourmet" vendor. If you guys have any questions about other kinds of vendors or anything about the arena itself, please ask!

That's really cool. $10 for the gater sausage and chips doesn't seem too bad, all things considering. That stadium seems like a great time.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

What could the Kings trade for Milsap?

Man if they got him it would be the first good Kings move in forever.

Not much. They have a boatload of expiring contracts, but no picks and no real decent young assets both of which Atlanta would probably want. So they'd have to probably get a third team involved that would love the prospect of having Kosta Koufos and/or Afflalo in exchange for a late pick. Gay could be the "We are trying to look like we aren't throwing in the towel but we kind of are" piece. WCS would probably be involved, which would hurt but he's in Joerger's dog house (maybe permanently) and there isn't much time between a Milsap/Cousins frontcourt anyway.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MourningView posted:

I know you are a horrible franchise that can't commit to a name and will be most famous for wasting Anthony Davis but that is no reason to steal Utah's history

I was playing 2K with a guy from New York a couple nights ago, and he legit didn't realize that New Orleans had a team before the Hornets/Pelicans. He'd been a big fan of the NBA since John Starks was in his prime. Thought Utah came up with the Jazz name themselves. pfft

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Not much. They have a boatload of expiring contracts, but no picks and no real decent young assets both of which Atlanta would probably want. So they'd have to probably get a third team involved that would love the prospect of having Kosta Koufos and/or Afflalo in exchange for a late pick. Gay could be the "We are trying to look like we aren't throwing in the towel but we kind of are" piece. WCS would probably be involved, which would hurt but he's in Joerger's dog house (maybe permanently) and there isn't much time between a Milsap/Cousins frontcourt anyway.

Considering that Milsap is an expiring I don't really think it will take too much to grab him. Unless someone can get Milsap to guarentee he'll resign or take his option teams are not going to break the bank for him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jl4z5dn

I could see a trade like this happening with a pick going from Toronto to Atlanta.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I would be very surprised if any team outside of the top 4 traded for Millsap. He's a huge risk to leave in the summer, and getting swept by Cleveland, Golden State, or San Antonio isn't going to convince him to stay.

Hoopshype has him as the #7 free agent next summer, and I think he's much more likely to sign with another team than the 6 players ahead of him (Curry, Durant, Paul, Griffin, Hayward and Lowry)

http://hoopshype.com/2016/11/01/nba-free-agency-2017-the-top-players/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I did not realize the Hawks are only a game and a half out of third in the East

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Henchman of Santa posted:

I did not realize the Hawks are only a game and a half out of third in the East

It's more about how they got there and how far they fell, they started so hot that people were putting them on top of their power rankings lol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Millsap could commit to resigning with the traded team. I don't know what his motivations are, but if he wants to be on a winner, sticking with Toronto is probably a good bet.

I dunno, Atlanta's "Not to an Eastern Team" gambit seems really dumb and I am assuming they are just trying to get Toronto or maybe someone like Charlotte to up their offer.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

tarbrush posted:

Unless they give up a truly stupid package, buying 6 months of Millsap is almost certainly a better use of the Kings resources that whatever other dumb poo poo they'd use them for.

They'll spend 100m developing an anti-Knightman, I can only assume named Dayman, who is programmed to hate and they will monitor the border zone between pair for interesting emergent behavior that can be used to predict stocks.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Tae posted:

I would like to see this spurs warriors series that keeps getting promised but never happens the last teo times

No need, already decided :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyowVlZsBow

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Kibner posted:

A wall showing the history of basketball in Louisiana:

Haha there's a picture on that wall of Kareem battling the Celtics and I'm like what the hell does Boston v. Los Angeles have to do with anything? Did they misunderstand the "LA" and think the Lakers play down here? Then I realized it was Lakers vs. Robert Parish and I'm all haha very good pun but then I looked it up and he's from Shreveport so I guess it's more just a fitting local-boy name.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm surprised a bottom spending team hasn't reached out yet. Nuggets, Nets, Sixers, Jazz, Suns, and Twolves all have over 10 mil in cap space right now. Next year Sixers are gonna have 27 mil in cap space, Nets are gonna have 25 mil, and the Nuggets are gonna have 23 mil.

You figure Millsap next to Embiid is nearly perfect. Millsap next to Brook doesn't really solve their paint issues but I wouldn't put it past the Nets to jump the gun on the rebuild. Nuggets issues go beyond adding Millsap and probably include subtracting a bunch of pieces like Gallinari and Nurkic.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

EvanTH posted:

They'll spend 100m developing an anti-Knightman, I can only assume named Dayman, who is programmed to hate and they will monitor the border zone between pair for interesting emergent behavior that can be used to predict stocks.

It all makes sense now. Vivek is just a facade; The Kings secretly have been run by Frank Reynolds for the past several years.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
The Nets can't do it because they have no assets. The Celtics have swap rights this year and own their 1st the year after that. Freakin' Celtics gonna make the playoffs and get the first pick two years in a row on the back of my dumb borough.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's more about how they got there and how far they fell, they started so hot that people were putting them on top of their power rankings lol

I forgot about their hot start. I remember they had a huge tailspin and assumed that they were hovering around Pistons territory.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It all makes sense now. Vivek is just a facade; The Kings secretly have been run by Frank Reynolds for the past several years.

Boogie would probably be down with a Sacramento Krab People rebrand

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Batum hurt his knee and is out for 1-2 weeks, rough break

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Knightman is actually at the new arena but he's basically just plugged into the wall next to a Raley's mini-mart, not moving or anything. Just sitting there like a Roomba with a low battery.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Can someone post that gif of Harden in pain from McHale lightly tapping his arm tia

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

I'm surprised a bottom spending team hasn't reached out yet. Nuggets, Nets, Sixers, Jazz, Suns, and Twolves all have over 10 mil in cap space right now. Next year Sixers are gonna have 27 mil in cap space, Nets are gonna have 25 mil, and the Nuggets are gonna have 23 mil.

You figure Millsap next to Embiid is nearly perfect. Millsap next to Brook doesn't really solve their paint issues but I wouldn't put it past the Nets to jump the gun on the rebuild. Nuggets issues go beyond adding Millsap and probably include subtracting a bunch of pieces like Gallinari and Nurkic.

why would Milsap want to re-sign with any of these teams

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

Why on Earth would they go all in on Milsap when they don't even know if Simmons can play Small forward or not? That sounds like a really really bad idea.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

The Nets can't do it because they have no assets. The Celtics have swap rights this year and own their 1st the year after that. Freakin' Celtics gonna make the playoffs and get the first pick two years in a row on the back of my dumb borough.

Celtics reuniting Horford and Millsap doesn't sound that exciting. Nets might not have a lot of big named prospects but Atlanta can't exactly ask for much considering everyone knows they aren't retaining Millsap next year.

Most realistic spot I see him landing is Philly or Denver. Philly has young guards, picks, and top prospects in the front court and Denver has young guards, competent veterans, and picks too.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lockback posted:

Millsap could commit to resigning with the traded team. I don't know what his motivations are, but if he wants to be on a winner, sticking with Toronto is probably a good bet.

Edit: I thought he could sign an extension but he can't

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q60

And Millsap has no reason to commit to re-signing unless its with a contender.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

WhyteRyce posted:

So they'd have to probably get a third team involved that would love the prospect of having Kosta Koufos in exchange for a late pick.

That's my team apparently

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Intruder posted:

Can someone post that gif of Harden in pain from McHale lightly tapping his arm tia

http://i.imgur.com/08qd3L9.mp4

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

While were on the subject, Kosta Koufos is balding in the most bizarre way.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Why would Philly want Millsap? First off he might leave after half a season - a season in which winning games hurts their draft prospects. Secondly even if he resigns he's too old for them. He will be 32 in a month and 34-35 by the time the Sixers are good enough to compete even under an optimistic outlook. Like he's good and I'd really like him on any competing team but teams that are bad now seem like the last place he should go.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Doltos posted:

Atlanta won't want to give Millsap up for free and none of those teams should give assets for a 31 year old expiring contract, even if he does give you 45 games.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Edit: I thought he could sign an extension but he can't

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q60

And Millsap has no reason to commit to re-signing unless its with a contender.

How does he get on a good team if he doesn't use his bird rights to resign to a team that traded for him? The cap isn't jumping next year and no contender will have the cap room.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Paul Zuvella posted:

While were on the subject, Kosta Koufos is balding in the most bizarre way.

This is Kosta's locker. That is Axe hair thickening gel

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Cool Buff Man posted:

Do we have an opinion on Schröder yet? I just did a totally arbitrary search for all pure guards (the ones not also listed as forwards) with a PER of >= 17 while playing 30+ minutes per game, and Dennis juuuust squeezes in as #20 out of 20. Which feels about right.

http://bkref.com/tiny/VHKah

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Atlanta won't want to give Millsap up for free and none of those teams should give assets for a 31 year old expiring contract, even if he does give you 45 games.

How does he get on a good team if he doesn't use his bird rights to resign to a team that traded for him? The cap isn't jumping next year and no contender will have the cap room.

If the Kings trade for Milsap I'm assuming they are 100% on board with offering a max contract and he'd be crazy to turn down that much money even if it means spending 4 years in basketball hell.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Kibner, those pictures are great. Really jealous you can eat alligator at games.

Millsap going to the Kings would own. I will feel sorry for the Hawks fan that owns the Trillsap jersey. I really want to hear Dwight's thoughts on the team blowing up.

Who will the Mavs end up trading besides Bogut? I'd think Deron Williams could be possible unless he really doesn't want to leave the area/move his family.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Doltos posted:

Celtics reuniting Horford and Millsap doesn't sound that exciting. Nets might not have a lot of big named prospects but Atlanta can't exactly ask for much considering everyone knows they aren't retaining Millsap next year.

Most realistic spot I see him landing is Philly or Denver. Philly has young guards, picks, and top prospects in the front court and Denver has young guards, competent veterans, and picks too.

It would make absolutely no sense for Philly to trade for him.

• Locked thread