Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
  • Hmm… I noticed something odd in Episode 38. Some Numbers, is Rean’s hometown of Ymir a mining town?
  • I also have a theory about why Laura is angry at Fie. That Bracer from chapter 2, Toval, said he was from the Bracer Guild in Legram. Laura is from Legram. Laura likes to train in combat. It would not be all that surprising if Laura liked to train with some of the local Bracers on occasion.
  • Apparently punny names for quests are also a Highlander tradition.
  • 50 mira says that the monster will be at the Stone Circle.
  • I wouldn’t have figured that sheep-herding nomads would have an orbal factory, but I guess I’m just being too racist. FEDIT: At least the party finds it odd as well.
  • Really? You couldn’t walk the 10 arge to the Elder’s Hut? You had to teleport? :v: (Okay, okay, these episodes are pretty long as it is.)
  • Boring Stats Talk: If I’m reading those stats right (as much as I can without knowing the base stats without items), Alisa is the third-most powerful mage, but she’s slightly faster than the pure casters – but not enough to really matter much.
  • Aerial costs 120 EP? Sheesh, talk about inflation. It only cost 20 EP in Trails in the Sky. No wonder magic is so bad. Does the game expect you to buy lots of EP charges with the money you don't make from completing quests?
  • Actually, this whole game looks like it suffers from inflation of numbers.
  • So, there’s a freight rail line going from Roer to the Nord Highlands. What freight is coming back from the Nord Highlands? …Just livestock, maybe? It seems like there wouldn't be all that much traffic to demand separate rail lines going north and south.
  • That watchtower is in a very good spot. It can see the Calvard base, but it can also be seen from Zender Gate, so Calvard can’t just blow it up without Zender noticing immediately.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

[list][*] Hmm… I noticed something odd in Episode 38. Some Numbers, is Rean’s hometown of Ymir a mining town?
Nope, Ymir is a Hot Springs town. Complete with tons of snow.

quote:

[*] Apparently punny names for quests are also a Highlander tradition.
They're an XSeed tradition and it gets even worse in CS2.

quote:

[*] Really? You couldn’t walk the 10 arge to the Elder’s Hut? You had to teleport? :v: (Okay, okay, these episodes are pretty long as it is.)
Yes. Yes I did. :colbert:

quote:

[*] Aerial costs 120 EP? Sheesh, talk about inflation. It only cost 20 EP in Trails in the Sky. No wonder magic is so bad. Does the game expect you to buy lots of EP charges with the money you don't make from completing quests?
Yeah, arts cost a ton of EP in Cold Steel. They also do a shitton of damage, but take much longer than Crafts.

quote:

[*] So, there’s a freight rail line going from Roer to the Nord Highlands. What freight is coming back from the Nord Highlands? …Just livestock, maybe? It seems like there wouldn't be all that much traffic to demand separate rail lines going north and south.
Probably mostly livestock, but that's also the line we rode in on, so it's for the military too.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

Nope, Ymir is a Hot Springs town. Complete with tons of snow.

First, Hot Springs? Well, we all know where this is going. :cripes:
Second, if Ymir isn't a mining town, how does Rean know the smell of high explosives? I doubt those are handed out as part of the school curriculum, and if Rean's hometown isn't a mining town (which would use explosives), then nothing I've learned about him so far indicates a background which would let him recognize that smell.

I liked the slight nod to a day/night cycle by changing the light levels from dawn-with-sun-behind-mountains to morning when reaching the watchtower.

I don't have any evidence except circumstantial, but I'm thinking that Emma might be one of those "Animists" which have been mentioned a few times. Obviously she has strange magic powers outside the norm of the typical Erebonian, and additionally, she's seemed more interested than the others in those stone circle ruins.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Second, if Ymir isn't a mining town, how does Rean know the smell of high explosives? I doubt those are handed out as part of the school curriculum, and if Rean's hometown isn't a mining town (which would use explosives), then nothing I've learned about him so far indicates a background which would let him recognize that smell.

I liked the slight nod to a day/night cycle by changing the light levels from dawn-with-sun-behind-mountains to morning when reaching the watchtower.

I don't have any evidence except circumstantial, but I'm thinking that Emma might be one of those "Animists" which have been mentioned a few times. Obviously she has strange magic powers outside the norm of the typical Erebonian, and additionally, she's seemed more interested than the others in those stone circle ruins.

That's actually relegated to a sound drama, and not in the game proper. And said sound drama is actually somewhat amusing in the whole.

As for knowing the smell the smell of high explosives, that has an easy answer. He's been hanging around with Fie. :v:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sure we do, free 200 CP refill here we come.
(As others have said, no hot springs episode in Cold Steel)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I don't have any evidence except circumstantial, but I'm thinking that Emma might be one of those "Animists" which have been mentioned a few times.

This game is animist as gently caress

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Spells cost a lot in this game, but it's balanced by crafts, links, and master quartz that spit out free EP so much that it's only there to not make the early game a super stomp. Cold Steel is more about setting up perpetual economy and the bosses especially expect that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lord Koth posted:

That's actually relegated to a sound drama, and not in the game proper. And said sound drama is actually somewhat amusing in the whole

Hey, spoilers!!

Oh well, that cat's out of the bag. We don't get to see Ymir on screen in this game, but there will be some required reading before CS2.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Happy New Year everybody! Time to finish up our quests!

Also, for those that have been giving me grief about my S-Craft usage, this episode is where things start changing.

Episode 51: Take a Good Look at my Daughter
No commentary

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
If you're curious, Emma's standard attack scales off her Str and hits their Arts Def. Odds are you didn't upgrade her weapon.

Edit: Yeah, that 237 Str would be the reason.

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 3, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cyouni posted:

If you're curious, Emma's standard attack scales off her Str and hits their Arts Def. Odds are you didn't upgrade her weapon.

THAT EXPLAINS SO MUCH

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I've recently started replaying Trails in the Sky FC because even after three playthroughs, it still hasn't gotten old. I think balance between attacks/arts/crafts/S-Crafts was better there, even though that game had a bias in favour of arts.

• Yeah, I think that Zechs should have been able to handle the wolves on his own. There's an impressive thing which Estelle Bright can do solo in Trails SC, and I'm sure that Zechs is at least as competent as Estelle.
  • No. No. No. That monster is clearly, not at all, a creature which belongs in this environment. Wait, I think I recognize it from TitS FC as a quest boss. (Rhinocider was also from TitS FC, but as a regular enemy in the Prologue. In other words, easy to kill.)
  • Molten Rain looks like it could be good... except for that tiny cast range.
  • Wild Rage? First, that's literally Agate's craft from Trails in the Sky. They didn't even change the name. Second, that craft fit Agate because he was a barely-contained ball of white-hot fury. Gaius, on the other hand, is way too laid back for a rage-based buff. Third, this is a game where at least two party members get crafts which heal and give CP to the target, so Wild Rage on top of that seems a bit broken ESPECIALLY in a game where all your S-Crafts are AoE's. At least all of your first S-Crafts in TitS were single-target (except Tita).
  • I see a chest you missed, it's at the base of Triangular Rock's east side. Too bad that was months ago and you'll never find it again. :v:
  • I noticed that those task lists were surprisingly vague about what to do in the Northern Highlands, given the three notable areas there. But of course, there's always a secret main quest hidden after you do the others, so that should be interesting. I also suspect that given all the Alisa character stuff frontloaded into this chapter before reaching the highlands (without a payoff) that haven't seen the last of Alisa's character development this chapter. In fact, I don't think we're going to visit Roer in a later chapter (but we might make an unexpected or unplanned visit in this one).
  • Good question, Jusis. I mean, no offense to the wonderful people of the highlands, but their lifestyle doesn't strike me as lending itself to requiring a whole lot of education. FEDIT: Ah, missionaries. Of course. Got to educate that Savage Heathen and teach them the Good Book.
  • There was a quest in Trails SC where Estelle had to teach a Sunday School class. It was actually kinda cool seeing her character development through that.

Cyouni posted:

How did Some Numbers not know this? I mean, you can see it in the menu, selecting Emma's weapon in the store makes her STR go up. Even I know that weapon upgrades increase damage no matter what type of weapon it is.

He also forgot to upgrade Jusis', so better hope there's no formation-switching ambush!

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 3, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wild Rage? First, that's literally Agate's craft from Trails in the Sky. They didn't even change the name. Second, that craft fit Agate because he was a barely-contained ball of white-hot fury. Gaius, on the other hand, is way too laid back for a rage-based. Third, this is a game where at least two party members get crafts which heal and give CP to the target, so Wild Rage on top of that seems a bit broken ESPECIALLY in a game where all your S-Crafts are AoE's. At least all of your first S-Crafts in TitS were single-target (except Tita).
I'm pretty sure there's also a character in Zero/Azure who has the craft, but I agree that it doesn't work super well flavor wise with Gaius.

And yes, it's SUPER strong with how much better crafts are in Erebonia.

quote:

I see a chest you missed, it's at the base of Triangular Rock's east side. Too bad that was months ago and you'll never find it again. :v:
Oh ye of little faith.

quote:

How did Some Numbers not know this? I mean, you can see it in the menu, selecting Emma's weapon in the store makes her STR go up. Even I know that weapon upgrades increase damage no matter what type of weapon it is.
Because I never really thought about it? Emma (and Elliot) doesn't really attack - much, present episode excluded. Shut up.

quote:

He also forgot to upgrade Jusis', so better hope there's no formation-switching ambush!
*whistles innocently*

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

[*]Good question, Jusis. I mean, no offense to the wonderful people of the highlands, but their lifestyle doesn't strike me as lending itself to requiring a whole lot of education. FEDIT: Ah, missionaries. Of course. Got to educate that Savage Heathen and teach them the Good Book.
[*]There was a quest in Trails SC where Estelle had to teach a Sunday School class. It was actually kinda cool seeing her character development through that.[/list]!

I always found it interesting how generally Benevolant the clearly Christian-inspired Church of Adios is in the, a Japanese Role Playing Game. It may legit be the most well-meaning and competent organization of its type in the genre.

I mean it's always possible Adios will be revealed to be the Grandmaster of Ouroborus or something, but by and large they're just pretty cool dudes, teaching kids, providing medicine to the poor, and using ancient artifacts to dunk on particularly uppity Anguis as the need arises.

Hell, I trust them to send missionaries to educate the Nord in a respectful manner more than I'd trust the actual real life church.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Molten Rain looks like it could be good... except for that tiny cast range.
I really dislike using attack crafts on the casters because the scaling's so bad.

Good question, Jusis. I mean, no offense to the wonderful people of the highlands, but their lifestyle doesn't strike me as lending itself to requiring a whole lot of education. FEDIT: Ah, missionaries. Of course. Got to educate that Savage Heathen and teach them the Good Book.
If we use Kevin as our example of what traveling priests do, they actually seem pretty chill. Granted, some of that's because Kevin is Kevin, but still.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
No, I can totally buy Gaius having Wild Rage. He doesn't get angry often, and he's really good at hiding it, but when he's pissed, he gets absolutely livid. It's kind of like poking a sleeping bear.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm sick and bored today and I still have a bunch of episodes, so I'm accelerating my update schedule again.

Today, we get to see the North Highlands! There's also some chatter about the commentators' schedules and I apologize about that.

Episode 52: School's For Studying and Stuff, Right?
No commentary

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

I'm pretty sure there's also a character in Zero/Azure who has the craft, but I agree that it doesn't work super well flavor wise with Gaius.

And yes, it's SUPER strong with how much better crafts are in Erebonia.

Honestly, with how many ways to regain CP I always felt it was a little lacklustre in CS1; like getting 50CP mattered a lot more when you were starving for it, and it costs Gaius a turn to use that someone like Laura could use to murder everything on screen without even needing an S-craft most of the time. Can't remember if there's a Wild Charge 2 in this game, though, that could change things.

Genaro
Sep 22, 2011
I never liked Gaius much, since he didn't really seem to fit a niche I was looking for. Arts in general aren't terribly great, and he's no dedicated caster. He doesn't hit as hard as Laura, although he's a bit faster. He's not as fast as Fie, so isn't as good if you're just looking for AOE status effects. Insight from his starting master quartz makes him dodge-tanky to start, but he's not a real defense-oriented character. I saw him as a pretty fast beatstick that can apply status effects, and speedy-stabby is already Rean's thing. He just... never really stood out in any way to me. Won't let you down, probably won't amaze you.

As for Wild Rage, I kind of agree with AnEndcat in that there are plenty of ways to get CP back without burning a turn on doing so. You could make a case for hilarious S-Break cheese similar to Agate in Trails SC2, but he doesn't get the whole way there in one rage, and you're burning a turn to get 40CP (50 sans the 10 you'd get from just attacking). That's basically one big craft's worth, and you've burned your turn doing so. My most frequent usage was just letting Gaius S-Craft every monster chest or particularly hard-looking foe, since I can quickly get him to 200 on a single random encounter.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I actually agree. Back in Sky FC, CP was a lot harder to come by so it was often worth spending a turn to get 40 CP, but with Serene Blessing and Blessed Arrow, plus the fact that you can get CP back from inns and items, Wild Rage just doesn't feel that amazing anymore.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Alisa's probably the best opposite to Rean. She's not a noble, but she basically lives like one, to the point of even having a maid.

Interesting note: the population of London reached that of Heimdallr somewhere between 1760 and 1800. It's just the Orbal Revolution sped up technology to a massive degree in comparison.

Also, Emma knows something.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Cyouni posted:

Interesting note: the population of London reached that of Heimdallr somewhere between 1760 and 1800. It's just the Orbal Revolution sped up technology to a massive degree in comparison.

To be fair, relics that are reasonably easy to excavate and are still in good enough working condition and/or have easy to replicate working principles would speed up poo poo massively.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cyouni posted:

Also, Emma knows something.
Not nearly loud enough.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Logicblade posted:

No, I can totally buy Gaius having Wild Rage. He doesn't get angry often, and he's really good at hiding it, but when he's pissed, he gets absolutely livid. It's kind of like poking a sleeping bear.

Fair enough.

• Hold on a minute. Where did the Nords get all that wood for their doors, bedframes, and fenceposts? There are like no trees here at all, and certainly none bigger than saplings.
  • I wonder if the mystery of the mysterious breaking fence will be solved.
  • Okay, gently caress trying to find sheep with a draw distance that short.
  • Yes, apparently Critical turn bonuses work for CP as well, because Alisa's Blessed Arrow restored 60 CP instead of 40. (Crafts are so BROKEN.)
  • I was expecting that we could go to the lake shore, not that it was 500 meters down a sheer drop.
  • Rean: "It looks even more massive the closer we get!"
  • Congratulations to Rean on mastering the basic concept that objects appear larger the closer you are to them.
  • Congratulations to Some Numbers on mastering the basic concept of "oh poo poo a character with 100+ CP is going to die, better use the S-Craft!" :v:
  • The real key to farming Sepith in Trails in the Sky FC was harvesting Shining Poms using S-Crafts or Shadow Spear. But that also gives you lots of XP, which might be a downside and leave you overlevelled.
  • In Trails in the Sky FC and SC, you DID get EP back when levelling up, helping to make casters fantastic in long dungeons, but you DIDN'T get CP back when you rested at inns (except for one specific location).
  • Hmmm... there's no chance it's a coincidence that there are statues on both places where field study teams were sent this month. Is that connected to the ancient ruins under the old schoolhouse? (Also, old schoolhouse dungeon music was playing during that scene)
  • ...Okay, I wasn't expecting something odd to happen to Rean. I have no clue where the game is going to go with that, so points for intrigue there.
  • Very good of the game to make it very clear that the photographer is a "hey, finish up everything else first" moment. But I bet now you're really regretting not going after the south sheep BEFORE the north sheep, because now you have to ride all the way back south, round up sheep, then ride all the way north to fetch the photographer.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

[*]Okay, gently caress trying to find sheep with a draw distance that short.

It didn't come up (at least I don't recall it doing so), but all the sheep are handily located for you on the map.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hold on a minute. Where did the Nords get all that wood for their doors, bedframes, and fenceposts?

From the Erebonians, obviously.

quote:

Very good of the game to make it very clear that the photographer is a "hey, finish up everything else first" moment. But I bet now you're really regretting not going after the south sheep BEFORE the north sheep, because now you have to ride all the way back south, round up sheep, then ride all the way north to fetch the photographer.

hahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that is nothing :unsmigghh:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
In Liberl, the Bracer Guild is legally empowered to investigate crimes and make arrests. But that's just in Liberl. I imagine in Crossbell, the situation there is different because that country has a police force. My question is are Bracers legally empowered to investigate crimes in Erebonia? I don't know, but my guess is that power is likely something reserved for the provincial army. (I'm wondering if Bracers could have had the authority to investigate the theft from the Celdic market in Ch. 1.)

Cyouni posted:

It didn't come up (at least I don't recall it doing so), but all the sheep are handily located for you on the map.

Which means there's no challenge to it, so the quest is just there explicitly to waste your time? ...Never mind, probably a stupid question.

Really Pants posted:

Okay, I guess that makes sense.

quote:

hahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:allears: Oh boy, this should be "fun".

There's still a Hidden Quest in the Highlands to look for, too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Very good of the game to make it very clear that the photographer is a "hey, finish up everything else first" moment. But I bet now you're really regretting not going after the south sheep BEFORE the north sheep, because now you have to ride all the way back south, round up sheep, then ride all the way north to fetch the photographer.
Ummm...no? I actually very very VERY intentionally went to get the North sheep first.

And still screwed up.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Well, it's Friday (more or less) so let's have another episode!

In this episode, I spend multiple minutes trying to find a fishing spot, UG calls me by my real name, I screw up our sheep collecting and Ewie attempts to summarize Trails in the Sky FC (this continues into the next episode)

Episode 53: What Can I Say, I'm Proud to be His 'Bro'
No commentary

I will get UG to give me pictures sometime soon.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
  • Quarries are typically used to harvest rock for some purpose. It is not apparent what the rocks from this quarry were used for (the statue looks like it was carved from the cliff and the stone pillars are too massive), but it has been a thousand years, so whatever it was could have crumbled away.
  • Quarries also were not usually decorated elaborately, so all those fancy statues don't fit. Looks more like a tomb. Creepy.
  • ...That creepy stone door will open later, won't it. And there will be a dungeon inside. We haven't had a dungeon this chapter.
  • Since there are battles in the sheep quest, I retract the "waste of time" comment.
  • The whole party recovered 120 CP from Rean fishing six times? Geez, crafts are so broken.
  • You pronounce Agate as AH-gut, and not Ah-GAYt? (caps are for pronunciation emphasis, not a comment on orientation)
  • Ewie is actually pretty spot-on about Estelle in FC just wanting to be a Bracer because it's fun and you get to hit things with your staff, and not being all that great at the details of handling the overall responsibilities of being a Bracer. That's a big part of her character arc in FC and SC, but I'll leave it off at that to avoid spoilers.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I think this was the time when you could talk to the soldier in the Zender Gate mess hall and hear that Zechs and his men were deliberately sent to the boonies of the empire as punishment for going along with a certain someone near the end of Trails in the Sky SC. His men are still behind him even 2 years later though.

The Sharl subquest is another one of those middle finger quests similar to Anton's quest in Chapter 2. Not so much because Sharl is in a location you have no reason for being, but because the quest doesn't trigger until you talk to her a second time.

• ...That creepy stone door will open later, won't it. And there will be a dungeon inside. We haven't had a dungeon this chapter.

"Open" is one way to put it. :P

• You pronounce Agate as AH-gut, and not Ah-GAYt? (caps are for pronunciation emphasis, not a comment on orientation)

Yeah, noticed that too. I always figured everyone used the Ah-GAYt pronounciation because it semi-rhymes with "Heavy Blade".

• Ewie is actually pretty spot-on about Estelle in FC just wanting to be a Bracer because it's fun and you get to hit things with your staff, and not being all that great at the details of handling the overall responsibilities of being a Bracer. That's a big part of her character arc in FC and SC, but I'll leave it off at that to avoid spoilers.

Well, that and the fact that both her mom and dad are/were bracers.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 6, 2017

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Really Pants posted:

hahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Near the end of this chapter I am pretty sure there was an hour I spent literally doing nothing but running between zendar gate and the settlement, back and forth, doing side quests.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Erpy posted:

Well, that and the fact that both her mom and dad are/were bracers.

I...don't think her mom was a bracer?

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

Pink being a feminine colour wasn't a stereotype till about a hundred years ago in the West I think, so it's not surprising it's not really a thing elsewhere. I do like that sidequest gave you time to discuss both colour theory and discuss the plot of FC by the time you rode halfway across the Highlands and back.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Cyouni posted:

I...don't think her mom was a bracer?

I believe Lena actually was either a bracer or a former bracer herself. I unfortunately forgot where in FC it was mentioned, but I'm fairly sure it was in there somewhere.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

You pronounce Agate as AH-gut, and not Ah-GAYt? (caps are for pronunciation emphasis, not a comment on orientation)

Aren't both of those pronunciations wrong? I could've sworn its AA-get with the first A pronounced like the one in "hat".

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Having read the Japanese rendering of the Heavy Blade's name, both vowels are pronounced like "father."

Genaro
Sep 22, 2011

Erpy posted:

I believe Lena actually was either a bracer or a former bracer herself. I unfortunately forgot where in FC it was mentioned, but I'm fairly sure it was in there somewhere.

Don't recall it myself, and the art book I have doesn't give her an affiliation (nor age), which to me suggests she didn't do anything important enough to warrant mention, and details about her are kept to the characters themselves.

As for the being bracers thing, you could probably attribute it to her dad (both for training her, and for giving her a role model there) but I think there's more to it. She seems bummed that her dad has to check out for up to months at a time investigating this or that, and so would know it's not all sunshine and roses when you have such an... unstable job. Her bright (har!) personality just views helping people as worth it, and it is a job that allows her to solve problems by using the business end of a large stick. She likes helping people, she likes adventures, the story demands she undertake an adventure, it's a good fit all around.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The weekend's come and gone, so time for an update!

Today, we continue our chat about Trails in the Sky and finish up our tasks for the day, just in time for some plot to smack us in the face.

Episode 54: There's a Smoldering Homeroom Hottie If I Ever Saw One!
No commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
I wonder if people would be able to to figure out what parts of Trails in the Sky I found really annoying. I tried to keep my problems with the game subtle, but I think it might have been possible for some of them to have leaked out.

e: (that one quest is really frustrating)

Istvun fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 9, 2017

• Locked thread