Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Tarantula posted:

Do they really not teach that type of thing where you live? Even in my bogan state here in Aus I had to learn things like target fixation, emergency braking and swerving around obstacles at 40 and 50kmh.
e; that's not to say riders around here are perfect ofcourse.

Ahahahahahaha freedumb :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's be interesting if they sorted them by :nms: factor and started off with the funny lighthearted clips and gradually worked their way up to the :cry: clips at the end of the 2hr compilation, you'd know that you could just keep watching until you passed the schad threshold into the empathy threshold and then stop the video.

What I want to know: whose idea was it to throw in the random tit and panty shots? :raise:

"Man after watching two guys slam into the back of a truck and obviously die, I'm really in the mood to jerk it!"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

From what I gather the driving tests in the US vary wildly from state to state

And by that you mean it varies from inexcusable to laughable.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Daily Mail came out with a heartwarming article today about a mother dog in a Thai market place surrounded by her puppies in baskets for sale. Except these puppies are awfully young to be taken from the mom now so it doesn't seem like they are being bought as pets....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4092472/Touching-video-shows-mother-pug-watching-tiny-sleeping-newborn-pups-sold.html

Nothing nsfw or even bad, more the implication of what the puppies are really being sold for. The commentators at the bottom also figured it out with what the hell reactions. I suppose the mortality of it makes it more touching?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

cinni posted:

The Daily Mail came out with a heartwarming article today about a mother dog in a Thai market place surrounded by her puppies in baskets for sale. Except these puppies are awfully young to be taken from the mom now so it doesn't seem like they are being bought as pets....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4092472/Touching-video-shows-mother-pug-watching-tiny-sleeping-newborn-pups-sold.html

Nothing nsfw or even bad, more the implication of what the puppies are really being sold for. The commentators at the bottom also figured it out with what the hell reactions. I suppose the mortality of it makes it more touching?

If it reassures you, they are being sold as pets and will probably be pampered, albeit by someone who doesn't know that they shouldn't have been separated so young.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

spog posted:

If it reassures you, they are being sold as pets and will probably be pampered, albeit by someone who doesn't know that they shouldn't have been separated so young.

I doubt they are being sold for anything nefarious like as food like some of the commenters are implying - probably more likely they are being bought for financial purposes, i.e. intending to use them to pump out more "purebred" puppies for them to sell themselves. Buying from unethical breeders is always wrong whether you "pamper" them or not.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

ekuNNN posted:

Also, this classic is in there:

23:25 pedestrian comfirmed: Stone Cold Mother FuckerTM

e:
hahahahaha 31:00, bike crashes and his friend behind him already had crutches strapped to his ride :lol:

e2:
38:22 this isn't real. This can't be real life.

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 11:59 on Jan 6, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Wanna eat those pups

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tarantula posted:

Two things I've noticed with the riders in the no prisoners videos, horrible target fixation and a serious inability to loving use the brakes properly. coincidentily seems to be the same problem a lot of lycra clad lance armstrong wannabes suffer from.

What's the motorcycle equivalent of a fixed gear hipster?

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
Triumph Scrambler or café racers in general. I think they look nice though. (I'm a hipster)

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

canyoneer posted:

Yesterday I was faced with a difficult choice. I saw someone getting into her car leaving Dutch Bros coffee, with her big tall drink on the roof of her car.

Do the nice person thing and run over and alert her or watch and wait for the scoodyfroody? (I ended up stopping her and didn't get to watch the drink fall)

I often place my drink on the roof when getting in the car. My youngest daughter loves it when I forget to take it off the roof, drive away, and then have it cascade down the windshield when I brake hard. She is very observant and will not tell me when I leave it on the car. (Sometimes I forget on purpose)

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

It's be interesting if they sorted them by :nms: factor and started off with the funny lighthearted clips and gradually worked their way up to the :cry: clips at the end of the 2hr compilation, you'd know that you could just keep watching until you passed the schad threshold into the empathy threshold and then stop the video.

That crash video made me feel like I was playing Road Rash.

That would be great if they sorted them so I could stop before the really disturbing ones. I liked the old lady crossing the street and the guy riding in a hurricane? for some reason.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
The hurricane one was a bit terrifying, but I don't think anyone got hurt. Don't tell me if they did.

It does seem like a lot of these clips are motorcyclists going way way too fast for the conditions, and also not paying attention at all, which is weird because what else do you have on which to focus when you're riding a motorcycle? You can't text or sip an espresso. And it's not like I can throw stones at the going-too-fast house, but drat. Some of these Russians ride like 80 mph on surface streets with intersections and poo poo. It's like they're playing Grand Theft Auto in real life; they just don't gaf.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I doubt they are being sold for anything nefarious like as food like some of the commenters are implying - probably more likely they are being bought for financial purposes, i.e. intending to use them to pump out more "purebred" puppies for them to sell themselves. Buying from unethical breeders is always wrong whether you "pamper" them or not.

Well at least that makes me feel a little better, just kind of made sense to eat them at that size. Practical and easy to move.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

cinni posted:

Well at least that makes me feel a little better, just kind of made sense to eat them at that size. Practical and easy to move.

Is there a word for veal, but instead of tortured baby cow it's a tortured baby dog?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tarantula posted:

Do they really not teach that type of thing where you live? Even in my bogan state here in Aus I had to learn things like target fixation, emergency braking and swerving around obstacles at 40 and 50kmh.

Hah.

In most of :911: you can write a 40-question test on motorcycle controls and rules of the road, walk out of the DMV, and immediately hop onto a 1000cc supersport that goes 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds.

chitoryu12 posted:

What's the motorcycle equivalent of a fixed gear hipster?

A hipster on a poorly tuned 1970s UJM, wearing jeans and shirtsleeves, high-tops, and an open-face 3/4 helmet.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Powaqoatse posted:

Wanna eat those pups

They're underage, you son of a moderator.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Trebek posted:

I swear I could watch a documentary on the planning and execution and aftermath of this. How would it go right? Why? WTF are those things that you draped over a pool? Is that some sort of pool protection system I've never seen.

That is the pool. In non-freezing areas, sometimes people take the ultra cheap and lovely route and use a pool liner. It is basically an above ground pool under ground. All the cost with none of the benefits.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

cinni posted:

So are full-grown pugs though and they have more meat on them than a rat. If dogs were being sold for food it would be the large ones, not the tiny purse dogs.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

So are full-grown pugs though and they have more meat on them than a rat. If dogs were being sold for food it would be the large ones, not the tiny purse dogs.

Yeah, but if you're just keeping them around for food, smaller dogs are easier to manage and butcher. You can even keep them in a chicken coop.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tarantula posted:

LOL

My driver's classes were 90% required video watching about drunk driving. I can tell you all about a guy holding his half-decapitated toddler in his arms!

We had exactly one day behind the wheel, and we all shared the day, so it was more like a few minutes each.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

captainOrbital posted:

The hurricane one was a bit terrifying, but I don't think anyone got hurt. Don't tell me if they did.

It does seem like a lot of these clips are motorcyclists going way way too fast for the conditions, and also not paying attention at all, which is weird because what else do you have on which to focus when you're riding a motorcycle? You can't text or sip an espresso. And it's not like I can throw stones at the going-too-fast house, but drat. Some of these Russians ride like 80 mph on surface streets with intersections and poo poo. It's like they're playing Grand Theft Auto in real life; they just don't gaf.

thats exactly what theyre doing and aside from being a moron and crashing your bike while riding above your skill level being the best way to learn a lesson, watching these videos and realizing the reason why they crashed is because theyre driving like rear end holes is probably close to the second best learning tool for riders

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Midnight Voyager posted:

LOL

My driver's classes were 90% required video watching about drunk driving. I can tell you all about a guy holding his half-decapitated toddler in his arms!

We had exactly one day behind the wheel, and we all shared the day, so it was more like a few minutes each.

gently caress, you actually got a day at the wheel? All we got was watching a bunch of really corny videos that everyone (including the instructor) was ripping on the whole time, then a written test at the end.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Wikileaks attempts to doxx the wrong dude, even though he has a literal link to himself in his profile on twitter.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wikileaks attempts to doxx the wrong dude, even though he has a literal link to himself in his profile on twitter.

Is that account actually related to Wikileaks or is it one of those wannabe l33t anonymouse accounts.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
There's a difference?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

SinineSiil posted:

Is that account actually related to Wikileaks or is it one of those wannabe l33t anonymouse accounts.

It's them, they're just finally dropping the pretense of not being agents of the Russian government. Once they gather this data, that combined with the anti-libel laws that will get past this year, means that everyone who disagrees with the current administration of either country; will be removed from Twitter and will have a fascist mob direct at them.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Double Punctuation posted:

There's a difference?

Could be? I dunno :shrug:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Crosspostin' from the basketball thread.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

tarbrush posted:

Crosspostin' from the basketball thread.

Media could not be played. :(

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2di5TGwgC8

An autistic cake gets punched out after kicking a child on her birthday

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD6Qq1iROMA

Also in the same vein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPXIuFLlLUs

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

*Farts in a stranger's face* "It's a prank!"

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure at least that first one is fake. It all falls out a little too perfectly. Notice how the camera runs over and gets a good shot of the taser in the guy's hand, then it ends with a perfect closeup of the darts in the dude's back. The schadenfreude is they deserved to get tasered but didn't :(

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Before I give these more views, are they clickbait posted by fake "pranksters" trying to get people to click on videos of them happily *pretending* to get their comeuppance for youtube views, or are they actually people filming assholes and making fun of them?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

ElGroucho posted:

*Farts in a stranger's face* "It's a prank!"

*Farts in the face of a black guy that you paid to punch you afterwards*

Check out this youtube video, black people are animals lol :ironicat:

Now watch my fail where I accidentally shoot myself in the nuts

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Yeah, but if you're just keeping them around for food, smaller dogs are easier to manage and butcher. You can even keep them in a chicken coop.

Why woukd you bother with dogs? Guinea pigs seem yo love being kept in large groups in small cages and they're even easier to clean and cook.

Google 'cuy' for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah dont link to those lovely prank youtube channels :argh: