Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rust Martialis posted:

Yet to see an anime as well drawn as a Fred Quimby Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Don't say this you'll end up with pages of weeboos posting examples from ghost in the yamato panzergirl castle ep 3.1 exclaiming with shock that you apparently don't appreciate the superb rendition of the star's underwear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

People are stuck in a time before hyperspatials were worth a drat, when warp speeds were 'get hosed, accel/decel in out of warp makes this not matter'

Speed is the heart of battle. Grab a ws-610 for some warpspeed instead.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Endie posted:

Don't say this you'll end up with pages of weeboos posting examples from ghost in the yamato panzergirl castle ep 3.1 exclaiming with shock that you apparently don't appreciate the superb rendition of the star's underwear

Spirited Away. Howl's Moving Castle. Princess Mononoke.

I love Tom and Jerry but Miyazaki has them beat sorry.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ullerrm posted:

It doesn't make a huge difference in DPS dealt by those fighters (maybe 10% more damage), but it makes a substantial difference in fighter durability. T1 fighters have 0 resists across the board; T2 fighters get slightly higher HP and some resists. Support fighters also tend to orbit farther away, meaning they're less likely to get shredded by smartbombs.

As an example, assuming good drone skills and being launched from a Nidhoggur:

Siren I: 12655 shield HP, zero resists, tries to orbit at 8km, 10.5 sensor strength
Siren II: 12957 shield HP, 0/15/30/0 resists, tries to orbit at 10km, 12 sensor strength

If you have more important stuff to train, go do that first, but I wouldn't leave it on the table. I'm actually about to start training it on Nam.

no bones about it posted:

It's worth it. +10% DPS and +20% EHP between T1 and T2.

Alright, thanks. I'll probably stick it in last after all the other carrier skills that are being worked on right now.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

nigga crab pollock posted:

that claw isn't.... completely terrible?

also it kind of still amazes me that people slap polycarbs in spare rig slots. i did it at first because fitting is just cargo culting until you get the hang of the game but the second i found out what hyperspatials were i never bought a single polycarb

Unironically rock solid whenever trufflemach is on grid

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

iospace posted:

Alright, thanks. I'll probably stick it in last after all the other carrier skills that are being worked on right now.

What I did was rationalized the cost vs increased ratting ticks. I used injectors to get fighters V from fighters IV. I am an impatient bastard.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

What I did was rationalized the cost vs increased ratting ticks. I used injectors to get fighters V from fighters IV. I am an impatient bastard.

Same but for ganking dps

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

working mom posted:

Same but for ganking dps

Well I was using the ticks to say ehhh I'll pay it back. Dunno if it really worked out though.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Well I was using the ticks to say ehhh I'll pay it back. Dunno if it really worked out though.

It's kinda the same, less chance of a failed gank and you can use cheaper ships

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thank you Russia for two things: Ushankas and bad Eve players.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Endie posted:

Or that our resident trolls will jump on the racial insensitivity (by modern standards) of a 1940s cartoon.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CainFortea posted:

You know who else liked anime?

That's right. Hitler.

you should check out Drifters

Spoilers if you care about anime, but if you just want to read an interesting summary of an anime you should be cool:

Drifters is about warriors who, when they die, get transported to a fantasy world. Japanese Samurai free Elves and Dwarves and are fighting against humans that have subjugated them. The humans created an empire when a Drifter who looks very much like a charismatic WWII German leader consolidated his rule there. They are also fighting to stop an army of monsters from destroying humans / elves / dwarves led by Jesus and his suboadinates Joan of Arc, Hijikata, among others.

Anyway its pretty ownage

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

iospace posted:

Thank you Russia for two things: Ushankas and bad Eve players.

The AK-47 is pretty cool too.

Neobdragon
Jun 30, 2013

eonwe posted:

Spoilers if you care about anime, but if you just want to read an interesting summary of an anime you should be cool:

Drifters is about warriors who, when they die, get transported to a fantasy world. Japanese Samurai free Elves and Dwarves and are fighting against humans that have subjugated them. The humans created an empire when a Drifter who looks very much like a charismatic WWII German leader consolidated his rule there. They are also fighting to stop an army of monsters from destroying humans / elves / dwarves led by Jesus and his suboadinates Joan of Arc, Hijikata, among others.

Anyway its pretty ownage

Drifters is not bad, I think alot of people would like Konosuba as well, it has a wide appeal and I haven't found anyone yet who finished the first episode that didn't then go on to watch the rest of the series.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a weaboo, let's tar and feather him!!!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
what the gently caress is going on in here?

did some of the weabs get off the reservation or something?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Bob is drunk probably

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

This is the anime thread now
http://i.imgur.com/qhO2igz.mp4

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Worlds Smuggest posted:

The AK-47 is pretty cool too.

I'm not really into guns, but for some people that works. I'm more into staying warm.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Amarr kitten!

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Ugh.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:suicide:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:rip:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the only people who like anime that aren't pedophiles are people who are themselves underage so its acceptable that they like other underage people imo

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

evilweasel posted:

i love animes

caught it before the ninja edit :coal:

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Lol

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

eonwe posted:

Anyway its pretty ownage

Neobdragon posted:

Drifters is not bad, I think alot of people would like Konosuba as well, it has a wide appeal and I haven't found anyone yet who finished the first episode that didn't then go on to watch the rest of the series.

Trigun is the one of the few anime worth watching. Its about this dude who absolutely refuses to kill people, yet has a 60 billion $ bounty on his head, dead or alive (but preferably dead). It is both serious and hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLRpi2_QdA0<--- Sub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1sFM1eaicE<-- Dub. but you're a horrible person if you watch it this way.

Another good anime was Incredible Captain Tyler. Its about this incredibly lazy yet lucky guy who ends up being given command of the worst starship of the fleet (literally a bucket of bolts) during a time of war.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCMT467A1vs

I've watched plenty of anime in my time, and those are pretty much the only two I would ever recommend other than Akira or the likes.

evilweasel posted:

the only people who like anime that aren't pedophiles are people who are themselves underage so its acceptable that they like other underage people imo

Thank you for your input.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 6, 2017

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

evilweasel posted:

i watched akira once and it was pretty cool, is that an anime?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

evilweasel posted:

:eyepoop:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
gently caress off anime retards go to your forum

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
gently caress off with your nerd poo poo, this is the eve thread!

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
Just chiming in to say that the last page has been a far more enjoyable read than the usual shitflinging that goes on in this thread.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

im not underage or a pedo tho???????????

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

eonwe posted:

im not underage or a pedo tho???????????

oh no, he's retarded :ohdear:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ha ha just kiddin you're alright elephant 'tar man

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank you, friend.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

evilweasel posted:

:discourse:

Seriously though Anime is garbage.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

If they made an eve anime which faction would our hero originate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Keegers posted:

If they made an eve anime which faction would our hero originate?

ORE mongrel. S/he would then gather allies from all the factions and find out s/he actually of Jovian decent.

• Locked thread