Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

twistedmentat posted:

A super hot redhead with a sexy accent asked Geralt to do something, so he did it.

She's like Ciri's age, Geralt. Don't be gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The Witchman craves silver and lass flesh above all us, friend.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
There was also the random hallucination of Ciri, what was with that? He's not done it before then and it's never explained. Was it just the demon loving with him? If so I thought the demon had to be latched on to him to mess with his head.

My favorite quest so far aside from this one was the serial killer one at the end of the Dandelion plot line. The only thing about it I didn't like is how it just ended. You kill the guy, his motivations aren't explained and everyone at the end is basically like "ok cool that's done carry on". You kind of pick up along the way that he wasn't a fan of people bad mouthing the Eternal Fire guys but it just ended so abruptly it surprised me. Maybe I missed something.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Maybe I missed something.

Lol yep, you got the wrong guy.

Turn in your badge and swords Geralt, you're off the case.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Joey Freshwater posted:

There was also the random hallucination of Ciri, what was with that? He's not done it before then and it's never explained. Was it just the demon loving with him? If so I thought the demon had to be latched on to him to mess with his head.

My favorite quest so far aside from this one was the serial killer one at the end of the Dandelion plot line. The only thing about it I didn't like is how it just ended. You kill the guy, his motivations aren't explained and everyone at the end is basically like "ok cool that's done carry on". You kind of pick up along the way that he wasn't a fan of people bad mouthing the Eternal Fire guys but it just ended so abruptly it surprised me. Maybe I missed something.

Which guy did you kill?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Which guy did you kill?

The one that was literally standing over Crippled Kate or whatever her name was with a hot poker. I can't remember his name but he was the guy that shows up during the first autopsy just before Geralt and the coroner guy leave.

e: ah balls I killed the wrong guy

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Joey Freshwater posted:

The one that was literally standing over Crippled Kate or whatever her name was with a hot poker. I can't remember his name but he was the guy that shows up during the first autopsy just before Geralt and the coroner guy leave.

e: ah balls I killed the wrong guy

Yeah, you hosed up.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just watched a youtube video of it. The end fight looks like fun but I guess I didn't really miss much other than that and storyline.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I made the same mistake and kept finding Concerned Citizen notes whenever I was in Novigrad. Dandelion didn't seem to mind though, so I'm calling it a win

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I was more disappointed that they keep talking up how bass Higher Vampires are and then you just end up fighting a wimpy katakan.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Fuzz posted:

I was more disappointed that they keep talking up how bass Higher Vampires are and then you just end up fighting a wimpy katakan.

From what you learn in B&W, he is A - not really dead, and B - a bitchmade higher vampire.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just watched a youtube video of it. The end fight looks like fun but I guess I didn't really miss much other than that and storyline.

Well, you know, that and letting a serial killer go free.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crappy Jack posted:

Well, you know, that and letting a serial killer go free.

After killing 4 dudes (the mistake guy on this quest and the 3 guards in the Cerys quest) for no reason who am I to judge?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Mistake Guy was no angel

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I killed the right guy and still kept finding those drat pamphlets #NotWorthIt

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

:same:

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Is it a bad thing if I think Dijkstra probably makes for the best ruler?
It actually seems a little weird that you can't have him rule the North and have Ciri rule Nilfgaard which would probably have the best possible rulers in all situations.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
He should have waited until I left the building to gently caress with my boy Roche.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

2house2fly posted:

He should have waited until I left the building to gently caress with my boy Roche.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dr Cheeto posted:

isn't Ciri like in her 20s? Or at least in her late teens?

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
So it seems that evil vampire lady Orianna from B&W is the same person as the vampire in the 'Night to Remember' trailer, which is apparently a flash-forward. Turns out there's still something I didn't know about this game :stare:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

bewilderment posted:

Is it a bad thing if I think Dijkstra probably makes for the best ruler?
It actually seems a little weird that you can't have him rule the North and have Ciri rule Nilfgaard which would probably have the best possible rulers in all situations.

Honestly if I never played through Witcher 2 I could easily see giving up Roche in exchange however if you work with him in Witcher 2 yeah no way would Geralt hang him out to dry.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jack2142 posted:

Honestly if I never played through Witcher 2 I could easily see giving up Roche in exchange however if you work with him in Witcher 2 yeah no way would Geralt hang him out to dry.

I did that quest right after Roche had helped me save my daughter from the Wild Hunt and Djikstra told me to gently caress off when I asked for help, no way was I going to walk away.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

immortal flow posted:

So it seems that evil vampire lady Orianna from B&W is the same person as the vampire in the 'Night to Remember' trailer, which is apparently a flash-forward. Turns out there's still something I didn't know about this game :stare:

Is Oriana the one with the orphanage? She's not THAT evil. I love that song, though.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Reflecting on a bit of the Skellige quest (no real spoilers here):
There was really no reason to go through the whole hullabaloo with the Mask of Oroboros that Ermion whines about and visit the blasted forest at all, was there? Someone could have just said "hey the Wild Hunt attacked near the garden of Freya" and none of that would've been necessary.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

The whole first act of the game is a giant shaggy dog story. You could just have investigated places the wild hunt attacked and cut out all that bloody baron and Dandelion stuff.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

2house2fly posted:

The whole first act of the game is a giant shaggy dog story. You could just have investigated places the wild hunt attacked and cut out all that bloody baron and Dandelion stuff.

Not exactly, because to find Ciri, you need to uncurse Avallac'h and to do that you need to seeUma _____ in Velen (although I guess you could have randomly found it in the game world if it existed?), get the phylactery from Dandelion in Novigrad, and actually know that Uma is relevant and that he's either Avallac'h or Ciri transformed in Skellige.

Without that, there's no way to find Ciri. The actual interconnection was mostly done well as to why you need to go to each of those places.

But the Mask of Oroboros specifically didn't need to get used at all.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Drifter posted:

Is Oriana the one with the orphanage? She's not THAT evil. I love that song, though.

It's another way of having a blood bank. Just because she's discreet doesn't mean she's good like Regis. The Polish VA confirms both the trailer and in-game character are the same.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

steinrokkan posted:

Nah those pamphlets are the ones that spawn in during the quest, and still stick around after. If you gently caress up even more spawn, and they mock you for loving up.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Delacroix posted:

It's another way of having a blood bank. Just because she's discreet doesn't mean she's good like Regis. The Polish VA confirms both the trailer and in-game character are the same.

It's been a while but they look pretty different. edit: oh yeah, she just looks super different with her hair down. :heysexy: The problem with Oriana is that without her those kids would be dead on the street in a matter of weeks. And she lets them age out, no? She doesn't kill them.

All of Witcher 3s trailers have been amazing. Ever since Witcher 1. Witcher 2's Intro with the ship assassination STILL holds up amazingly well, and W3's are pretty fuckin' fantastic.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Letho on the ship is the best, imho

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Northern Wind just makes for great visual effects too

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rygar201 posted:

Letho on the ship is the best, imho

That's such a good one. It's the one I remember best.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I have no opinion on it just like if Curse of Crows was about empress Ciri and politics instead but Geralt must surely know what happens next after the events of B&W. I don't expect everyone to reform their ways after coming back from not being quite dead.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh come on Djenge Frett the Bounty Hunter?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Get the Combat Rebalance Mod that CDPR made a couple years after it was released... The basic combat is weird and punishingly difficult, the mod basically turns it into something a lot more like Witcher 3 with stuff like Active Quen and similar sign bonuses.

Though one thing I will say, everyone should experience a plain Witcher 2 mage run because Heliotrope (removed in the mod for a different style bonus that's similar but not as flashy) needs to be experienced since it's insanely badass to watch, even if it essentially trivializes the entire game.

I'm hoping I can get some help in here, I've googled a bit and so far turned up nothing. I've downloaded the mod from CDPR's site, 2 different times and it's corrupted. I tried with Winrar and 7z. It extracted the .exe far enough to put an icon on my desktop but still says corrupted if I try to run it. Any ideas? Or alternate links to download from?

e: some random post on steam forums says "For anyone else having this problem: It is confirmed that the REDkit server is terrible. Therefore you need to download an extension for your browser called "Internet Download Manager". Please note, all versions of IDM that you find in the Google Chrome store are FAKE! To find the real version, search for "Internet Download Manager 6.26". Install is simple, just make sure that the extension is enabled before you try it. Uninstall is easy too if you only want it for this one purpose. I think I'll keep it though :)" so I'm trying that right now.

e2: awesome, it worked.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 7, 2017

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh come on Djenge Frett the Bounty Hunter?

Said hey to Little Red Riding Hood yet?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

TGG posted:

Said hey to Little Red Riding Hood yet?

Snow White in the Seven Dwarves is literally a part of the main quest which seemed kinda unusual for this game.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Let me tell you about the real princess Cindrilla, and the Zeugal living in the palace fountain. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Just wait until you get to the climax of Blood And Wine, which is basically the climax of the entire game, where they decided to pause the action and cram in like an hour's worth of insanely loving :twisted: fairy tale takes, like Rapunzel hanging herself with her hair and the little match girl tattooing DAMAGED across her forehead