Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Tolkien minority posted:

yeah sugar alcohols (besides erythritol) wreak havoc on your digestive system in anything above small amounts, sorbitol is the devils sweetener

This.

If you ever need to poo poo, eat some sugar free haribo gummy bears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Got my adipowers today, slipped them on a minute ago and they feel like almost a perfect fit. Cant wait to squat in them tomorrow night! :slick:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Constipated posted:

Got my adipowers today, slipped them on a minute ago and they feel like almost a perfect fit. Cant wait to squat in them tomorrow night! :slick:

Do they have a big heel? Can take a bit of getting used to.

Saying that though my first session in powerlifts put 10kg on my front squat.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Compared to any other shoe I've worn, yes. But it doesn't feel too crazy. All the customer reviews I read before I ordered them recommended ordering a size down from what you would normally wear, and I can say that was good advice. I wear a size 12 with most shoes, and got these in 11.5. Very snug fit, but not too snug that my toes are squished together or anything like that. I pull sumo so I feel like these are going to be awesome for that.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Lmao look at this samie posting like he wasn't in a crumb with his dob when he was bitin it lmao

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lmao look at this samie posting like he wasn't in a crumb with his dob when he was bitin it lmao

Wha?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lmao you're right.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I think youve lifted your self stupid

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
How wide is your grip when you ohp? I can lift way more if I go narrow but then I mainly feel it in my triceps instead of my shoulders. Should I widen it out?

By narrow I mean about an inch or 1.5 further in on either hand than my bench grip.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Prob 3 fingers stick out past my shoulders, I don't like going wide on either ohp or bench.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I've always heard not to go too wide. I'm just worried I'm not working my shoulders enough with a narrower grip.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

FizFashizzle posted:

It's not.

35, 45, 45, 25.

I'm guessing 345 at most.
Congrats to Rick Flair for surviving 2016 but I LOL'd when some articles corrected it to "Rick Flair deadlifts over 400 285 lbs" Hope I'm still lifting when I'm in my late 60s

Edit - Facebook

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i can deadlift as much as ric flair. uhhh ladies where u at?????

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Rick Flair has deadlifted more than I will ever lift in my life, for sure

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
A 67 year old man deadlifting 285 is great. Most guys have a pile of matchsticks for knees at that age.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

bamhand posted:

I've always heard not to go too wide. I'm just worried I'm not working my shoulders enough with a narrower grip.

Keeping your shoulders back and pinched down and then grip the bar to where your forearms are pointing straight up is probably your strongest position and is where I would press from imo

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm more interested in strengthening shoulders than lifting the most I can. I've heard conflicting reports about keeping shoulders pinched and rolling them at the end of the lift.

Here is a really dark video. I think I keep my forearms about parallel and sticking straight up. My hands are about an inch to 1.5 inches from the end of the hashes on the bar. I find that I mainly feel it in my triceps here. I can widen it out a bit and feel it more in my shoulders but I also lift less.

https://www.facebook.com/joe.fang/videos/10103197251868436/?l=5354441885787524355

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so many new faces

so many people asking how many more sets i have left

so much hate

it shall pass

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Seems like all the resolution people at my gym started a little before new years. There's been 2 groups of young guys doing dumb poo poo.. One of them were all hanging from the pull up bar taking turns punching each others stomachs, instead of doing any kind of core exercise.

Other group was gathered around the biggest dude who had them record his hex bar deadlifts of a whopping 185 pounds with terrible form.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Constipated posted:

Seems like all the resolution people at my gym started a little before new years. There's been 2 groups of young guys doing dumb poo poo.. One of them were all hanging from the pull up bar taking turns punching each others stomachs, instead of doing any kind of core exercise.

Other group was gathered around the biggest dude who had them record his hex bar deadlifts of a whopping 185 pounds with terrible form.

Students. The gym is full of students. :smith:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bamhand posted:

I'm more interested in strengthening shoulders than lifting the most I can.

Strengthen your shoulders by lifting as much as you can.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZ_l7Lt22s&t=189s

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
it's going to snow in alabama tomorrow. up to 3 inches, which isn't poo poo but alabama drivers are so retarded they lock everyone else down too. So I got a 30 pack of beer and some buffalo chicken nuggets for the weekend. my gainnnss

e: been playing with my tape measure some. Apparently my femurs are a little on the short side even though I'm 6'1. 17.5 inches. No wonder I never liked wide stance squats. I always put my heels almost right at shoulder width with toes pointing maybe 15 degrees if I'm going for what feels best. Hopefully this switch to high bar will work out better for me. I always tried to set up my squats starting strength style for the most part before I just started doing it the way that felt best. If I put my heels out wider than shoulder width and squat low bar, I'd always butt wink right at parallel. I thought my flexibility just sucked but recently found out I can go a good bit lower with a neutral spine if I squat shoulder width/high bar.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 6, 2017

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Chinatown posted:

so many new faces

so many people asking how many more sets i have left

so much hate

it shall pass

*in the locker room showers*

hey man think i can work in with you.. youre form lookin mighty fine :)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

e: been playing with my tape measure some. Apparently my femurs are a little on the short side even though I'm 6'1. 17.5 inches. No wonder I never liked wide stance squats. I always put my heels almost right at shoulder width with toes pointing maybe 15 degrees if I'm going for what feels best. Hopefully this switch to high bar will work out better for me. I always tried to set up my squats starting strength style for the most part before I just started doing it the way that felt best. If I put my heels out wider than shoulder width and squat low bar, I'd always butt wink right at parallel. I thought my flexibility just sucked but recently found out I can go a good bit lower with a neutral spine if I squat shoulder width/high bar.

You're putting too much thought into this.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Meathead - meat body

Egghead...

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

You're putting too much thought into this.

i'm not worried about it, i'm just bored and it's fun. not like I'm changing what feels comfortable because of a tape measure. It's just neat that it confirmed it. What if I told you I'm measuring myself in salami lengths?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i'm not worried about it, i'm just bored and it's fun. not like I'm changing what feels comfortable because of a tape measure. It's just neat that it confirmed it. What if I told you I'm measuring myself in salami lengths?

I don't understand that meme.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
why do you loving suck so much sassassin. it's like your always trying to kill everyone's buzz

e: yeah, the meme is the point. it's a general lifting thread in a general forum. I was just making conversation. I still like you I guess.

e again: sorry that sounded mean i was just jokingly being a jerk

what is the best pecker to height ratio for deadlifts?

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 6, 2017

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Pecker should hang over the bar when lifted all the way up

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
But the bar doesn't get past my knees.

... oh :(

....... oooooohhh! ;-*

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I thought salami was just a gay sex thing at first but I genuinely don't know, people just started parroting here one day.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I mean. It can be both.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Please don't insult salami by associating it with homosexuality.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
please put your salami in my mouth

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Salami is for gays and straights alike friendo

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Accidently bought low fat salami, guess im cutting

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Solution: just eat more of the salami.

Took a decent poo poo this morning, then as I was changing in the locker room I let out the longest fart I've ever heard.

Then I blasted my legs and core, loading and racking weights with my left arm. A good day.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

10:00 pm night crew gold's gym has not seen more than two new people in the last week

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Legs today. 495x2 squat then dropped down to 315x8x3. There was a girl very impatiently waiting on the rack while I was squating, it looked like she really wanted to ask me how much longer I had left but she didnt want to risk trying to speak English so she just kind of did some empty barbell squats next to me passive aggressively to signal intent. She seemed very relieved when I finished like she she just outsmarted all her high school English teachers by moving the foreigner without having to open her mouth. Small wins I suppose.

Finished up with 135 walking lunges, 275 glute extensions (cut a loud fart on my last set but everyone was kind enough to not scowl at me), leg press, leg ext, and a half rear end attempt at some ab work.