Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

Actually, all anime is bad.

I used to think it would be funny if RLM reviewed some anime, like if they did a Best of the Worst with three of those old 90s super violent OVAs. But I think Rich would just say something really racist and ruin it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
ban all thread derailers talk about Jay's hair.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I kinda like the Rage Quit dude. He gets all mad cause he dies a lot and starts carryin on and so forth. :3:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

But I think Rich would just say something really racist and ruin it :(

Man, I'm the most progressive, love all people, don't be racist type person ever and I still can't comprehend this mentality. The fake Chinese speech phone call is enough for you to think that Rich Evans is a racist?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

WampaLord posted:

Man, I'm the most progressive, love all people, don't be racist type person ever and I still can't comprehend this mentality. The fake Chinese speech phone call is enough for you to think that Rich Evans is a racist?

There's a growing portion of the population that can only reach sexual release while calling someone racist, so very detailed records are kept now.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He like to score racism pinata points. Disregard him for getting triggered.

It was funny even if it was crass. It was definitely not born out of racism.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

He doesn't deserve to be called racist but I'd never pick him as an ambassador to an Asian country let's put it that way.

God knows he'd start a nuclear war ranting about JRPGs.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
My friend listens the gently caress out of Rooster Teeth so I subscribed to give them a go. I have not clicked a single video pop up since.

This is my story.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wouldn't send him to be an ambassador of anywhere. Dude has been in Milwaukee since forever or I think so. You would want someone who has gone outside of the states that isn't Canada.

Plus we would lose a national treasure to be stuck in some country where he can't say anything because it would be construed as foreign policy resulting in no video of him laughing at poo poo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

My friend listens the gently caress out of Rooster Teeth so I subscribed to give them a go. I have not clicked a single video pop up since.

This is my story.

You know you can unsubscribe, right?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I like Gavin from Roosterteeth because he is a British idiot and so I strongly identify with him

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
what the gently caress is rooster teeth?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I really want Rich Evans to inexplicably be big in Japan. Evanso-san t shirts, figurines, and plushies beanie babies for everyone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dylan McKay posted:

nerd poo poo

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dylan McKay posted:

Don't watch.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

WampaLord posted:

Well first they look at his skin color, gender, weight, appearance, and where he was born. Then if they still can't tell how racist they need him to be for them to climax, the Chinese thing will do it. Even though he was just doing an impression of the video he watched, and it could have been anything.

So what I'm saying is, I'm not totally sold on the greaser flip thing Jay does. I think he looks better the more he wears like normal parted hair, or when it's shorter something more straight up Ivy League. When he puts too much work into it it just doesn't do it for me.

Kidding, I can still climax regardless.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Paladinus posted:

Actually, all anime is bad.

RBXY is worse.

Anyway, I went back and watched some Wheel of the Worst last night. Wired to Kill looks like the funniest worst drat thing.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Me, personally, I loved the podcast video. I'm going to rate it 8/10, because I, personally, also loved Rogue One.

It's not a podcast. It's part of a cultural phenomenon. It's an experience. It's a saga. It's a piece to a large puzzle.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you have ever tried to mimic a foreign accent, you are a monster

If you have ever eaten foreign food, you are an appropriating piece of poo poo

do not speak of other ethnicities or nationalities, do not acknowledge that they exist,

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dylan McKay posted:

A nerd site whose only claim to fame is calling Phil Fish a bitch long after everyone knew he was one.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
I want Jay to do a livestream of No Man's Sky. Except he just builds a LEGO kit in like two minutes and then walks away for two hours.

Zzulu posted:

If you have ever tried to mimic a foreign accent, you are a monster

If you have ever eaten foreign food, you are an appropriating piece of poo poo

do not speak of other ethnicities or nationalities, do not acknowledge that they exist,

You had me going until you told me not to acknowledge that other ethnicities exist.

Never not don't stop not acknowledging other ethnicities exist. Get it tattooed on your hands like Memento.

Shinjobi posted:

RBXY is worse.

Imagine if American otakus decided they would make their own anime, only instead of making an actual anime, they made what they think an anime looks like.

Like how can you spend that many hours watching something, and still pronounce all the words wrong?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Imagine if starwars fandom tried to make its own starwars movie, except all they had was a huge bullet list of vehicles and vistas that had to be included, and little callbacks and cameos only TRUE FANS would get to the point that they forgot to write stories or characters.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

revdrkevind posted:

I want Jay to do a livestream of No Man's Sky. Except he just builds a LEGO kit in like two minutes and then walks away for two hours.

A shame he stopped his youtube career. His videos really made me think.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Imagine if starwars fandom tried to make its own starwars movie, except all they had was a huge bullet list of vehicles and vistas that had to be included, and little callbacks and cameos only TRUE FANS would get to the point that they forgot to write stories or characters.

At-sts?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

I didn't say Rich is racist, I said he'd say something racist. Like the Chinese phone call you mention

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I personally dont think it's racist when you pretend to talk like some other nationality

When americans try to do a swedish chef dialect or when Blizzard hires some american to pretend to be Swedish in OVerwatch I don't consider it racist. I think we should narrow the word "racist" down to things that actually matter instead of expanding it to include every little thing and pretend we are offended by it

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

mng posted:

A shame he stopped his youtube career. His videos really made me think.

only true Jay Baumann fans will get this reference

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Baronjutter posted:

Full circle. A+

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrYeQoA5n98&t=361s

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Mike - Max Grouch Min Hump
Rich - Mid Grouch Max Hump
Jay - Min Grouch Mid Hump
Jake - Null Grouch Null Hump

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think that podcast video is loving incredible.

And I even liked rogue one because I'm precisely the kinda sperg who is into how many rivets are on a TIE Bomber. I eat that poo poo up.

I kinda feel like we need people like RLM to mock youtube trends and geek culture poo poo, because God so much of it is so cringeworthy and needs to be taken down a peg. Jay, Mike, Rich and the gang are doing God's work.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think that podcast video is loving incredible.

And I even liked rogue one because I'm precisely the kinda sperg who is into how many rivets are on a TIE Bomber. I eat that poo poo up.

I kinda feel like we need people like RLM to mock youtube trends and geek culture poo poo, because God so much of it is so cringeworthy and needs to be taken down a peg. Jay, Mike, Rich and the gang are doing God's work.

real

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Whenever a youtube subscription I follow starts doing lootcrate style plugs I just go "oh god dammit"

That stuff looks like the biggest scam in order to polish your nerd bonafides of getting a captain america tshirt in XXXXL

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I don't care about sponsorships generally, unless it affects content in a negative way, but i'd never loving sign up for something as useless as lootcrate. I have enough junk in my house as is.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

priznat posted:

Whenever a youtube subscription I follow starts doing lootcrate style plugs I just go "oh god dammit"

That stuff looks like the biggest scam in order to polish your nerd bonafides of getting a captain america tshirt in XXXXL

I loving hate that business model because it turns every channel into an unboxing format and its so cheap to send a couple of nerds a box a free poo poo..

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What a bunch of queefs.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What a bunch of queefs.

If they REALLY knew about Red Letter Media they would know that Nerd Box is the real fan's choice :rolleyes:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Still lol'ing at IT BROKE NEW GROUND

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
loot crate really is the dumbest poo poo imaginable. "oh gee, it's a box full of random poo poo I don't want that no one else will want either."

That, and I don't even really particularly care for everything that's popular right now. I haven't seen a single episode of game of thrones, I'm sick of superhero poo poo and I think doctor who is a load of fuckin' garbage. I'm not into harry potter because I don't have a vagina.

That, and I have so much nerd poo poo, sometimes I have trouble getting rid of it. I'm already drowning in cheaply made memorabilia. I suspect that the people who get stuff like loot crate are new to this whole thing and want to have a bunch of worthless poo poo too so they can be "cool". Oh hey, I have a Thanos (TM) Infinity Gauntlet (TM) oven mitt! Awesome, right?

edit: I forgot, I wasn't be obnoxious enough, I meant AWESOMESAUCE instead of awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

I wish I could get behind nerd culture merchandise. Maybe it's because I'm a die-alone 30 year old funless hermit, but decorating your house in nerd couture feels empty to me. By all means buy a sonic screwdriver keychain but stuff like Loot Crate is clutter sold en masse so you can show off how much nerd street cred you got.

• Locked thread