Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

4th Horseman posted:

Spirited Away. Howl's Moving Castle. Princess Mononoke.

I love Tom and Jerry but Miyazaki has them beat sorry.

Saw the first and third in your list - which look like they were drawn by someone in high school, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Dalael posted:

I learned English mostly by watching TV shows. Started by sesame street for the basic, then moved on to other shows and eventually went on the internet and learnt the rest. When I couldn't figure out a word or sentence, I'd open up my dictionary.

You just said there's a difference between watching something as an active language learner and just watching it to watch it.

I don't doubt that anime helped your friends become fluent at Japanese, if they truly are. What I doubt is that they were just watching and then OOPS I'M FLUENT HOW DID THAT HAPPEN, which is what you said. This is a thing that happens for children but becomes increasingly difficult past 10 or so.

Eve related: I am going to try out :ullerrm:'s RLML Gnosis this weekend, I've never solo'd in anything larger than a frigate so I will be happy to just kill something before I die in a fire :black101:

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

goku isnt anime idiots

but u can compare anime with it so : u watched it :boom:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Discussion Quorum posted:

You just said there's a difference between watching something as an active language learner and just watching it to watch it.

I don't doubt that anime helped your friends become fluent at Japanese, if they truly are. What I doubt is that they were just watching and then OOPS I'M FLUENT HOW DID THAT HAPPEN, which is what you said. This is a thing that happens for children but becomes increasingly difficult past 10 or so.

Eve related: I am going to try out :ullerrm:'s RLML Gnosis this weekend, I've never solo'd in anything larger than a frigate so I will be happy to just kill something before I die in a fire :black101:

Dude we're talking in the 90's. We were all about 14 or so back then. They watched a ton of anime, many many hours a day and ended up learning it. Its very simple and doesn't take rocket science to do. By watching anime non stop and reading all that subtitle.
I didn't watch nearly as much anime and I picked up some of it myself. Although I wasn't nearly as fluent as they became.

What they did with Japanese, I did with English. It really isn't as hard as you guys are trying to make it out, but suit yourselves if you want to think its impossible. :shrug:

E: The difference is that I was actually trying to learn English. I don't think they set out to learn Japanese.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYb2z9sIAS8

man i wish jotaro's voice wasn't so squeaky and high like all subs. drat you chinese cartoons

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
shut the gently caress up conspiracy canadian

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

"[s posted:

FruitNYogurtParfait[/s] Dalael" post="468050501"]
It's Good that you keep reaffirming how incredibly stupid you are with this dumbass poo poo baby troll attempts :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you're worse than despera gently caress off

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like both of you

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ahhahahahahahhahahahahaa

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I watched the first episode of Drifters but the weird tonal shifts between ultraviolence and slapstick put me off. Then I got to the anime elf rape dungeon and welp

You guys should do yourselves a favour and watch the good and only dub worth watching, Ghost Stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa-tN-WO3MU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Then I got to the anime elf rape dungeon and welp

Very strong post avatar combo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I watched the first episode of Drifters but the weird tonal shifts between ultraviolence and slapstick put me off.

thats actually what i liked about it

Also Jesus gives a bronze dragon megacancer and then cuts off the cancer to forge into bronze weapons.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

eonwe posted:

i like both of you

eonwe can be wrong!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

eonwe can be wrong!

we knew that already

eonwe posted:

anime is good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well, its better than EVE in any case.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

eonwe posted:

well, its better than EVE in any case.

stage 3 cancer is better than stage 4 cancer, doesnt make it good :smugdog:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I was getting high in my car at work and this drove by. (I have a terrible phone and was hotboxing sry for quality)

This got me thinking - CCP could make a shitload of money charging players for meme decals for their stupid spaceships.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

eonwe posted:

i like both of you

You say that but the truth is, you come here, lube us up, whisper sweet words in our ear while inserting the tip then you leave us for other threads and don't bother coming back for weeks or months at a time.

Just like my daddy.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Don't forget about abridged series, they are sometimes better than the original shows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6kJKxvbgZ0 is an ok one.
But I really like the team 4 star abridged stuff because they put ALOT of work into it, and do alot of really good fan work as well (horrible jokes aside):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byYi9mGfigY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZl890jSvQI

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

You guys should do yourselves a favour and watch the good and only dub worth watching, Ghost Stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
right now im mostly posting in anime threads and the battlefield 1 thread, i just dont know enough about EVE to talk about that

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

BF1 is fun on the one standard issue rifles server that generally is full, the ENAW one.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
bf1: the world war 1 game where everyone has a god drat machine gun

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shocking revelation, dude who thinks Atlantis is real also thinks you just have to watch animes to learn Japanese.

Also, apparently we finally found out who wrote this.

quote:

{{squote|Im looking for a bento (that's japanese for lunch) box, it cant be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (thats japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi(small) sized. And has to be really [[kawaii]] (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make sure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in [[japan]]. and not in [[china]] or corea ([[korea]]) or whatever. I have found a bento box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i dont want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)| [[You]]}}

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

iospace posted:

I'm not really into guns, but for some people that works. I'm more into staying warm.

Vodka is how the russians keep warm, among other more universal entertainments.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

What are you talking about? Everyone has a rifle. On the Xbox like half of your team at least are guaranteed to be scouts.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Shocking revelation, dude who thinks Atlantis is real also thinks you just have to watch animes to learn Japanese.

What is this atrocity?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

tickets to the gunt show posted:

What are you talking about? Everyone has a rifle. On the Xbox

nobody cares about console fps

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

and mustard gas grenades

cybertier
May 2, 2013
Sorry to distract from anime talk.

I'm back to eve and I found myself a wormhole home but those guys don't even use a mapping tool :wtc:
Can anyone recommend one that I can use solo? (And one day with them)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

and mustard gas grenades

those are fun and dont bother me

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

cybertier posted:

Sorry to distract from anime talk.

I'm back to eve and I found myself a wormhole home but those guys don't even use a mapping tool :wtc:
Can anyone recommend one that I can use solo? (And one day with them)

I personally prefer tripwire over siggy, but they're both good.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

CainFortea posted:

God you and other ppl in this thread are loving dumb.

Just because you're too stupid to learn a language through years of listening to it while reading the translation doesn't mean others are.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Just convinced my brother to rejoin eve, and that motherfucker rejoins dreddit (he played with them in 2012) maybe I can convince him to awox.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

God you and other ppl in this thread are loving dumb.

Just because you're too stupid to learn a language through years of listening to it while reading the translation doesn't mean others are.

Hi Daleal. The other day on goon forums you called me out for getting upset and sperging out over nothing. I suspect it was because I told you to shut up about something that was none of your business. Anyway I just thought I'd remind you of that here as I've read about a page and a half of you sperging out about nothing. Hope your day turns out better.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I became fluent in French from watching 'Allo 'Allo, AMA.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

stale meme dot png posted:

Hi Daleal. The other day on goon forums you called me out for getting upset and sperging out over nothing. I suspect it was because I told you to shut up about something that was none of your business. Anyway I just thought I'd remind you of that here as I've read about a page and a half of you sperging out about nothing. Hope your day turns out better.

Its not quite how I recall it. You kept mentioning that you'd pay to get a friend removed from theblacklist if you could, I asked if you meant Zephyrine and you went all retard right away. I didn't actually take it personally because I've noticed that a lot of your posting on gf.com has been very aggressive towards pretty much anybody lately. I just figured you ran out of brownies or something :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I didn't go "all full retard" I told you to shut the gently caress up. We're arguing semantics and it's dumb. Thank you for your concern troll about my posting though.

• Locked thread