Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

akadajet posted:

twitter tells me that it's based on the house speaker seal. checks out.

shut up with your facts paul ryan is a nazi *sucks CNN cock"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/817479785135964160

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Btw most elections rigged by imperial powers (the ones that don't involve coups) is to create the conditions rig the environment around the elections to get the candidate they want, not by forging the the actual ballots so congrats you guys you're in the same club as other failed democracies now lol

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

mannerup posted:

earlier statement in full w/ new logo

Quick google search shows that a similar logo appears on Nancy Pelosi's letter head as well. So it may just be a thing for the office.

edit: dear lord so fuckn' beatn'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

oh i guess(???????) its ok then

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cyron posted:

whoa

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
*rubs eyes and blinks repeatedly*

*household objects turn into nazi iconography*

Serf
May 5, 2011

Cyron posted:

this certainly is a post

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

pathetic little tramp posted:

So Paul Ryan revealed his new official logo on his website today....

http://www.speaker.gov

looks like an eagle-fasces

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

so is there nothing in the findings when salon writers are mocking it?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Quick google search shows that a similar logo appears on Nancy Pelosi's letter head as well. So it may just be a thing for the office.

well yeah it's the speaker's seal

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

mormonpartyboat posted:

its like the nazi logo for a video game that also wants to release in germany

Lol

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

I've said this like five times on this forum. I am not putting all of my blame anywhere. Clinton hosed up. The Russians intervened. The education system failed us. The media sabotaged us by seeking profit above all else. Trump ran an excellent campaign (based on hate and lies). Lots of things went wrong. Don't put words in my mouth.

your post didn't further his agenda

Serf
May 5, 2011

also if we had listened to benjamin franklin and adopted the noble turkey as our national bird this kinda poo poo wouldn't happen hth

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Btw most elections rigged by imperial powers (the ones that don't involve coups) is to create the conditions rig the environment around the elections to get the candidate they want, not by forging the the actual ballots so congrats you guys you're in the same club as other failed democracies now lol

What goes around comes around huh

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i wish the eagle was dabbing

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

nah, definite nazi reference to score cool internet outrage points *blows his brains out*

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

cams posted:

no, i expect them to keep behaving as they've behaved throughout existence.

i get that critically thinking about the future is hard but this "welp we lost we'll always lose everything sucks" poo poo is so boring.

Alright, I'll bite.

I for one am over the facts and history don't matter schtick. Trump is not even the first of his kind to be this successful politically.

Cough.
*Reagan*
Cough.

It will not be the first time the Reagan democrats, now the Trump democrats, will spend 30+ years reaping what they've sown after an alarming show of political ignorance either.

So here goes.

This was a change election and there will be another. There will be a reactionary leftist candidate after the inevitable economic damage of a Trump presidency. This will occur after 8 to 12 years of conservative darkness. This new leftist candidate will usher in his own 8 years of liberal darkness, at which point the electorate will look around going, remember what it was like to be poor? It is then that a new change election and a new right wing conservative will step up to the plate.

Of course this is assuming the Great Depression does not make a reappearance and that several wars do not break out and that we don't have a cosmic event like another FDR who manages to cling to power for longer than we, the right, would like.

This is also ignoring Russian involvement and how that might play out in the future.

How is this for accuracy?

Thoughts?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

also people going nuts about the logo are dumb with regards to government and history

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gentlemen lets not lose sight of the fact that regardless of what iconography he uses, Paul Ryan is in fact a nazi

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Nichael posted:

Capitalism ain't ending. We're just shifting into the dystopian hyper-capitalism of sci-fi.

No, we're on the cusp of flipping entirely to Corporatism.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Duscat posted:

That document's pretty interesting in that it really underscores how "we" are perfectly aware of Russian propaganda strategies, but either don't have any way fighting them, or don't have any motivation to fight them. I wonder if that'll start changing now that the Republicans have won their prize and start consolidating power, and therefore will become the new target of the destabilizing propaganda, and if so, how long the Trump-Putin alliance will last.
Yeah it's so blatant I don't even know why there's an argument about it. I think the govt has also given a false perception that this stuff is more cloak-and-dagger than it really is.

https://twitter.com/ryanccraig1/status/532187878038974465

RT/Sputnik also have an advantage because there's a bottomless pit of money in the basement. They can operate at a loss since breaking even (let alone making a profit) isn't a consideration. Nor do they have a professional reputation to uphold so they can lie and plagiarize as much as they want. What are you going to do? How can you even compete with that? It'd be a irony but I guess predictable that the Internet is leading to increasing state control of information.

Putin has also solved the problem of us doing it to him because he's cracked down on foreign media. You can't run a U.S. version of RT in Russia.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

🤔

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

Wish someone would do that to the Saudi imperialists and make them stop spreading Wahhabism and poisoning the rest of the world. Oh wait they're a fuckin monarchy lmao

Emperor Trump! MAGA! FIRST QUEEN IVANKA!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

cams posted:

also people going nuts about the logo are dumb with regards to government and history

welcome to the thread

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The Soccer Pole of American folklore, of course

Serf
May 5, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

gentlemen lets not lose sight of the fact that regardless of what iconography he uses, Paul Ryan is in fact a nazi

excellent point

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

This is up there with "internets"

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

akadajet posted:

twitter tells me that it's based on the house speaker seal. checks out.

OK so the Nazis stole it from US and we stole it from the Romans, got it

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

mannerup posted:

well yeah it's the speaker's seal

Well duh. I was in the process of figuring that out I knew that. Just testing you guys.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
we're all nazis actually

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
well that was an impressive page or two of :byodood:

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

logikv9 posted:

we're all nazis actually

Operation JUST-POST, based on Operation Paperclip, imported thousands of goons from post-war germany to these forums

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

Alright, I'll bite.

I for one am over the facts and history don't matter schtick. Trump is not even the first of his kind to be this successful politically.

Cough.
*Reagan*
Cough.

It will not be the first time the Reagan democrats, now the Trump democrats, will spend 30+ years reaping what they've sown after an alarming show of political ignorance either.

So here goes.

This was a change election and there will be another. There will be a reactionary leftist candidate after the inevitable economic damage of a Trump presidency. This will occur after 8 to 12 years of conservative darkness. This new leftist candidate will usher in his own 8 years of liberal darkness, at which point the electorate will look around going, remember what it was like to be poor? It is then that a new change election and a new right wing conservative will step up to the plate.

Of course this is assuming the Great Depression does not make a reappearance and that several wars do not break out and that we don't have a cosmic event like another FDR who manages to cling to power for longer than we, the right, would like.

This is also ignoring Russian involvement and how that might play out in the future.

How is this for accuracy?

Thoughts?
yeah pmuch my thoughts on it. no one can predict the future, like you say, and craziness can happen, but history keeps happening.

i feel you do a bad job at capturing lindsey's voice but the posts are otherwise good

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Also, what's so dumb about immediately jumping down the throat of people accurately citing Russia's involvement is that the facts don't matter, only narrative does. Birtherism and other lies destroyed the Democrats, and shut down significant progressive accomplishments. The left is literally being handed its own form of a Birther-styled conspiracy and we have people on our side jumping at the chance to tear it apart. It's strategically ridiculous to do that when no one, left, right, or center, cares about truth anymore.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
We need a less Nazi looking speaker seal. Like, maybe something more American. Like a police officer shooting a kid.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
cyber is so important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

That's a really tiny eagle on the top of a flagpole

• Locked thread