Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Trump put out a statement after his briefing from the intelligence agencies.

https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/status/817454815039123458

Of course, no one in the intelligence community was saying that voting machines were hacked or that the election was determined by hacking alone but whatever.

This dude is never gonna concede to the IC at all. Wikileaks will become our official intelligence agency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/01/as_it_turns_out_bentleys_drive.html

So, remember shortly prior to the Election, Alabama closed a bunch of Drivers License offices? In a state that requires ID to vote? And those offices specifically fell in black majority counties?

Surprise surprise...

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Handsome Ralph posted:

Trump put out a statement after his briefing from the intelligence agencies.

https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/status/817454815039123458

Of course, no one in the intelligence community was saying that voting machines were hacked or that the election was determined by hacking alone but whatever.

Since when has Trump's M.O. been, "I'm going to think about this, gather the facts and organize an appropriate and measured response then act in a manner that works for the best outcome for everyone?"

The answer is it loving isn't, this is how he dismisses poo poo he doesn't want to talk about.

"I'll tell you my plan later" *tweets stupid, destabilizing poo poo to distract the media*

"I'll release my taxes later" *tweets stupid, destabilizing poo poo to distract the media*

"I'll show everyone how I avoid blatant conflicts of interest later" *tweets stupid, destabilizing poo poo to distract the media*

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Sheriff twitter confirming five dead

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This dude is not having a good twitter day.

https://twitter.com/PoppaSawsa5/status/817459286158798850

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

This statement doesn't even loving acknowledge that the hacks happened. Holy poo poo, I need people to stop and take that in for a second. It acknowledges that the RNC was able to fend off an attack but not that the DNC was successfully attacked. Much less the matter of culpability.

This is insidious and stomach turning.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Oh man, they're going there.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/817475926204317701

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/817473881548161027

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

just say they found this info in hillary's emails

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
At this point, is there any way to convince people that what happened, happened?

I am not one to clutch pearls, but I am legit scared that Pootie Poot is going to successfully destabilize and collapse our country using the cult of personality around Donald loving Trump.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/LisaDNews/status/817473183494311936

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Because twitter should not rein supreme.

quote:

"Russian intelligence accessed elements of multiple state or local electoral boards."

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

ReebTop posted:

At this point, is there any way to convince people that what happened, happened?

I am not one to clutch pearls, but I am legit scared that Pootie Poot is going to successfully destabilize and collapse our country using the cult of personality around Donald loving Trump.

I don't know if it'll be all that bad. Those YouTube guys running around the Ukraine playing with electricity in abandoned houses seem to have fun.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ReebTop posted:

For the hard core Fox-watching Putin-worshipping MAGA Warriors, no. They're a totally lost cause. They will fire up Breitbart for their latest hit of outrage, turn on Alex Jones to know THE REAL TRUTH and go circle jerk on Facebook to spooge their life lessons into the mouths of all the other lost cause basket of deplorable shitheads before having the Drumpster fire tweet alert go off to tell them who to hate today.

The rest of the country can maybe be salvaged if we manage to get active and start to crush this poo poo everywhere. Just a constant, unstoppable wall of "THIS IS WHAT THEY DID AND WANT TO DO THEY'RE loving TERRIBLE AND HERE IS HOW THEY'RE SKULL loving YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY (also by the way it's your entire social/financial class as well because guess what class war is a thing and you're losing)". A little fash-bashing might be in order, hopefully some 1%-ers on lamp posts. All of this would be made much, much easier and more likely to happen if Democrats pulled their head out of their rear end and their lips off the dicks of corporate donors but I'm not really too optimistic on that point.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syrian Lannister posted:

Sheriff twitter confirming five dead

For some reason the term Sheriff twitter is making me laugh.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Any ideas on what crazy new bullshit rules the TSA will have now?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

No more guns period. Going on a hunting vacation? Better contact an FFL for shipping.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ded posted:

The shooting happened at the baggage claim, so it's more about what rules Florida will have. Right now, no guns are allowed in airport terminals in Florida.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/817466106432593922

Oh hey, Florida has a bill that was introduced three days ago that will allow guns in airport terminals!

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

Because twitter should not rein supreme.

Though it goes on to say it was not voting machines that were compromised.

I think an interesting part of the report is the hiring of internet trolls to post on social media. It's fun to imagine the_donald moderated by a bunch of fsb operatives

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

No more guns period. Going on a hunting vacation? Better contact an FFL for shipping.

Eh, the NRA would freak out on that one, and given that the Rs will soon control everything, I doubt that will happen.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:stare:
:catstare:
:staredog:
:dogbutton:

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

I am constantly alternating between worry for the future and pure entertainment.

https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/817480450285375488

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think that Trump is going to be impeached with a quickness unless he is actually able to separate himself from Russia. I think that the GoP has more info on Trump and they're waiting until after inauguration to ensure that President Pence is in place after Trump gets shitcanned.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Caconym posted:

I am constantly alternating between worry for the future and pure entertainment.

https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/817480450285375488

goddamn twitter loving rules and sucks in equal amounts

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

He hasn't really done anything impeachable yet. That will likely come within the first year, as he fails to separate himself from his business interests and inevitably ends up taking bribes from foreign governments or disclosing the names of intelligence sources to Pooty.

E: The intelligence briefing is very generic. They probably have sources pretty high up in the Kremlin, FSB, and GRU that they're trying to protect.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

psydude posted:

He hasn't really done anything impeachable yet. That will likely come within the first year, as he fails to separate himself from his business interests and inevitably ends up taking bribes from foreign governments or disclosing the names of intelligence sources to Pooty.

E: The intelligence briefing is very generic. They probably have sources pretty high up in the Kremlin, FSB, and GRU that they're trying to protect.

If I was a CIA source I'd be scrambling to get extracted

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Reverand maynard posted:

Google searches for "fulton skyhook extraction" blowing up in Russia right about now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Reverand maynard posted:

The entire congressional hearing yesterday was an amazing watch if you haven't had a chance to look at it. It was a few hours, but I watched the whole thing and never once wanted to turn it off. Clapper & crew painted a very somber picture and each of them looked like a man that knew he was about to get fired for what he was saying. Lindsay Graham was effectively saying we needed to go to war over this.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mlmp08 posted:

Google searches for "fulton skyhook extraction" blowing up in Russia right about now.

Still safer than a Tupelov.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

The entire congressional hearing yesterday was an amazing watch if you haven't had a chance to look at it. It was a few hours, but I watched the whole thing and never once wanted to turn it off. Clapper & crew painted a very somber picture and each of them looked like a man that knew he was about to get fired for what he was saying. Lindsay Graham was effectively saying we needed to go to war over this.

What's the cliff notes version, that video was 3+ hours when I saw it linked last time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ReebTop posted:

How exactly do you think that's going to happen? He's going to convince 2/3 of eligible voters that it's not worth their time?

facialimpediment posted:

The shooting happened at the baggage claim, so it's more about what rules Florida will have. Right now, no guns are allowed in airport terminals in Florida.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/817466106432593922

Oh hey, Florida has a bill that was introduced three days ago that will allow guns in airport terminals!

I'm sure that's why this happened.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Reverand maynard posted:

Between this and Aldrich Ames, I doubt there are any Russans left who are dumb enough to be a CIA asset.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

The two are entirely unrelated but I guess are kind of amusing in a "lol Florida" kind of way.

priznat posted:

Still safer than a Tupelov.

:golfclap:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

What's the cliff notes version, that video was 3+ hours when I saw it linked last time.

All but a couple of congressmembers on both sides of the aisle are extremely pissed. One suggested that we should attack and disable an entire country's financial sector for a day just as a show of force that we could. All of the panel felt that Trump was undermining the confidence of their men and their morale. They're flat out losing a lot of people because of Trump. Plenty of people were begging Clapper to say that this was an act of war so they could retaliate.

It was really worth watching.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
:wtf:

quote:

In Nov. 2016, Santiago-Ruiz walked into an FBI office in Anchorage and claimed he was being forced to fight for ISIS, law enforcement sources told CBS News. He was sent to a psychiatric hospital after police were called, sources said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shots-fired-fort-lauderdale-airport/

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

“It’s time not to throw pebbles but to throw rocks,” Graham said. “I wish we were not here. If it were up to me we would all live in peace. But (Vladimir) Putin’s up to no good, he better be stopped, and the president-elect better listen.”

We're not going to get through 2017 without us doing the dumb and overtly attacking Russia are we.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I don't feel like scrolling through news article comments, but does anyone care to confirm my suspicion that the deplorables are out in force right now saying poo poo like, "Not a radical Muslim tho MSM won't say it"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

KildarX posted:

We're not going to get through 2017 without us doing the dumb and overtly attacking Russia are we.

what would you suggest in this case?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Godholio posted:

If I implied that I'm a Baggage Claim Truther, oops! Just having a laugh at the timing and how it will likely be used as justification to pass that law, regardless of the true merits of said law, sort of like campus carry laws. Not to start a dumb gunlaw flamewar though.

For a while too today, there was supposedly a second shooter at a nearby parking garage, which turned out to be bullshit. Fun stuff!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

KildarX posted:

Why not just turn the CIA loose and have them bribe all the Eastern European drug lords into flooding Russia with cheap, pure Afghan heroin?

Trading an entire generation of their youth and collapsing what's left of their public health infrastructure for loving around and giving us President Donald loving Trump seems like something approaching fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Just start ordering conxexes full of carfentanil or whatever and send it over

• Locked thread