Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man

Cartoon Man posted:

This event is close the being the toughest fight in the game, but I still think the Golbez fight with the AOE death wins.

Yeah for real. No boss fight has come close to capturing the frustration of reaching Golbez on ELT and in an instant losing a dice roll and having all 6 of my party members immediately killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
I have a rando Noctis friend with 770 attack and Diabolos, which I thought would be enough to tackle the event. Unfortunately Exvius crashed, and it kicked me out of the mission after consuming my energy and putting that friend on cooldown! The attempt with a slightly weaker Noctis left me getting rolled at around 20% health. Guess I just get to wait a few hours and try again. Cool!

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

I have no 770 ATK Noctis or anything crazy like that, but if you need a 640-ish ATK Luneth to help you clear out some content I just purged like 30 pubbies from my friend list. Add me!

425969523 is my code.

Anyway yeah, the ELT event was pretty easy. I only had a brief moment of panic when my Cecil got petrified and I forgot to bring Gold Needles because I didn't prepare at all, so it was either tie up my non-dualcast Refia with Esuna and let everyone else die or heal everyone and just ditch his stoned worthless rear end.

I took the second option, then actually managed to fix him next turn because Fina didn't really hit that hard, so nobody even died in the end and I got the Moogle. Just 50% to go on my Moonblade and Shakirafubuki now :unsmith:

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
I've been getting kind of bored with the game and down that I will never have TMs so I think it is time to start using Memu or whatever computer programs they are to grind out my two Zidanes.

Are there any walk throughs with how to set up these programs with the game? My pc should be fine to run it, I just don't know how.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I just freed up 11 slots and updated my information in the goonfriend spreadsheet.

DW CoD (Rising Sun, Thorned Mace) 579 ATK with Diablos up and ready for action.

723,586,033 for those too lazy to load google drive.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Top-tier waifu Celes coming through again this event, Runic neuters Fina so hard. One day she'll get a 6* but who knows what niche they'd give her.

Fisting Tent posted:

I thought Ultima was white magic, I'm not even sure how magic is classed in this game.

Ultima's always black magic except for weird-rear end FF2

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

insideoutside posted:

I've been getting kind of bored with the game and down that I will never have TMs so I think it is time to start using Memu or whatever computer programs they are to grind out my two Zidanes.

Are there any walk throughs with how to set up these programs with the game? My pc should be fine to run it, I just don't know how.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
Just finished my Rising Sun, celebrated by kicking out some bads from my list. Have four slots.

369, 743, 956. 625ATK CoD w/ DW, Rising Sun/Thorned Mace, Diabolos, like eighteen copies of man-eater...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Any loving day now cheeze whiz....

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I put my CoD up as my friend unit this week as well, she has Diablos, Thorned Mace and Rising Sun, 580 atk and 5700 hps. She hits DF for over 40k per barrage hit. I wish there was a Man Eater materia so I could get her to 4x and Man Eater +.

Edit: YES! Flare here I come!

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 6, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

deathbagel posted:

I put my CoD up as my friend unit this week as well, she has Diablos, Thorned Mace and Rising Sun, 580 atk and 5700 hps. She hits DF for over 40k per barrage hit. I wish there was a Man Eater materia so I could get her to 4x and Man Eater +.

The next fat chocobo has the maneater materia for 200 Quartz, but I don't know when it unlocks or if it's on the Zoldaad island.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Two slots remain for those in need of what I've got: 760,951,475

Noctis with 5017 HP, 376 MP, 374 ATK, 275 DEF, 250 SPR, immune to paralyze petrify and confuse, Diabolos for 50% dark resist and ManEater.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 7, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Empress Birch is a good weapon for 6* Cerius if you're using her in the Arena.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Ew, Ceriusly?

Slap it on Gilgamesh or Firion along with the Golem Staff and Divider/Bladeblitz your way to victory.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

deathbagel posted:

The first and last time someone will be happy to get a 5* Kuja.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Murdered Dick Fina. If anyone needs help clearing her just ask and I'll make room for you. I dont bite, I promise.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Hardbody posted:

Murdered Dick Fina. If anyone needs help clearing her just ask and I'll make room for you. I dont bite, I promise.

Sorry, the Hentai game thread is in the anime forum.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Was all excited it looked like I was going to kill DF with an Esper, until I brain froze and picked Diablos. Sad trombone.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mrit SA posted:

The same thing as literally every event since she got 6*. Insane utility.
Comeback: Aoe esuna
Maneater and Maneater+: Dark Fina is human
Omniveil: Resist all elements 30%
(and not useful in this event, but Aura ball is reduce all atk by 30%, silence all)

An amazing unit that everyone should have at least one at 6*.

Edit: Does anyone know if Omniveil and Bar-ra/ga spells stack?

No, you can't stack multiples of the same type of buff/debuff.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

This event is close the being the toughest fight in the game, but I still think the Golbez fight with the AOE death wins.

I think the AoE Death/Paralyze shenanigans are only half the equation there.

The other half is that when Golbez ELT happened, our only options for 6* units were Lightning and the two Cecils. (And nobody wants to use Dark Knight Cecil until he gets his upgrades) There was no omni-veil, no esunagas, certainly no doublecasting shitkicker Refia.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
two turned dark fina what an easy fight

i have a couple tms close to finishing but am wondering if i should just save the moogle since it doesn't look like we'll have much else to spend nrg on for a while anyways

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Dang this was pretty far from a breeze for me, but managed to take her down my 1st time through. She wiped out all but my noctis and noctis friend but they were able to warp break a fool till she died from warp breaks. So Yay for warp breaks, and also Refia cause she was a godsend this fight despite not making it through. Anywho hello trust moogle and my grueling manual tm grind of Zidane, you will make my life momentarily easier

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

The hardest part of this event so far is clearing the second stage of it (because the game is coded like poo poo and it constantly crashes after killing the green witch)

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Wow! That event was FAR easier than I thought it would be, killed her in 3 turns but forgot to use an esper. Maybe I'll go back tomorrow if it's the daily again? Decided to waste 6 tickets in celebration.

Clyne
Elle
Elle
Garland
Mercedes
Dark Fina

Well ok then! Thanks game!

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
I can pretty easily get Dark Fina down to around 30-40%, but it is at that point that the damage becomes so much that there's no real way to avoid losing a ton of my party, even with omni-veil up. I don't think I can very easily take off half of her health in one go, either. The really obnoxious thing is that killing her would get me a trust moogle to finish out my deathbringer, which would make killing her WAY easier.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

I can pretty easily get Dark Fina down to around 30-40%, but it is at that point that the damage becomes so much that there's no real way to avoid losing a ton of my party, even with omni-veil up. I don't think I can very easily take off half of her health in one go, either. The really obnoxious thing is that killing her would get me a trust moogle to finish out my deathbringer, which would make killing her WAY easier.

Nope, she has 100% Dark damage resists, which makes Deathbringer useless against her.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Ew, Ceriusly?

Slap it on Gilgamesh or Firion along with the Golem Staff and Divider/Bladeblitz your way to victory.

Think outside of the box, my friend. Some people do not have the luck of others. I'm just trying to be helpful.

But I will think about it when Firion gets 6* or I ever get a Greg. Maybe on Bartz with his Gale Barrage that plus Golem Rod is how I beat every arena match by the third round.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Speaking of the stupid jerk arena, apparently someone at Gummi wanted to make sure that anyone who pulled noctis doesn't get to use a whole lot of his stuff. Last week the only thing of use available was thunder flask, and now this week it's only ice flask. Which is a bummer because fire flask is awesome for the arena with all the status bombs, probably doubly so for all you lucky folk with a dual wield tm to slap on him. What's that? No I'm not super jealous of all of you with awesome tms and all 5 of the top guys, not at all!

Speaking of not being able to draw stuff, I've got to maxed exdeaths and am sitting on 2 more I could juice up if need be. The general consensus is to hold off dropping a bunch of tickets for fina if you've got a couple of him right and wait for that s and m bunny girl next week or orlandu man correct? I doubt my paltry 40 tickets is enough anyway, but that's what I thought about lightning and Luneth and gilgamesh! And it turns out I was totally 100 percent right!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

I don't know why we are all surprised, she's already got the whole FF belts and zippers thing down pat.

:laffo:

I guarantee you that girl has posters of Lightning on her wall

Also, dear god she's tiny. She could dive into a teacup.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Orlandu is overhyped and we're bound to get Onion Knight with a shorter OR-OK window than Japan, don't gut yourselves over trying to or not getting Orlandu. Rather, spend half of what you've got trying for both.

Type-0 won't be the only banners skipped for global.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Speaking of the stupid jerk arena, apparently someone at Gummi wanted to make sure that anyone who pulled noctis doesn't get to use a whole lot of his stuff. Last week the only thing of use available was thunder flask, and now this week it's only ice flask. Which is a bummer because fire flask is awesome for the arena with all the status bombs, probably doubly so for all you lucky folk with a dual wield tm to slap on him. What's that? No I'm not super jealous of all of you with awesome tms and all 5 of the top guys, not at all!

Speaking of not being able to draw stuff, I've got to maxed exdeaths and am sitting on 2 more I could juice up if need be. The general consensus is to hold off dropping a bunch of tickets for fina if you've got a couple of him right and wait for that s and m bunny girl next week or orlandu man correct? I doubt my paltry 40 tickets is enough anyway, but that's what I thought about lightning and Luneth and gilgamesh! And it turns out I was totally 100 percent right!

Ice flask is the best one, it does stop which can't be resisted or dispelled.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

True I just seem to have better luck dropping status effects on people. Almost always I petrify at least 1 or 2 dudes and then blind or poison the rest. Eh either way gets the job done. Probably a moot point anyway since after getting my 2nd exdeath up and running there isn't a whole lot that lives through 2 double meteors, flask, and phantom shadow. Maybe the odd lighting or Cecil but it's almost always one and done.

And here I thought splitting tickets was less effective since the draw rates for base 5 star guys are so low that it's generally better to fully commit to trying to get one rather than spreading it out over several. Generally speaking in like blocks of 50 or so tickets.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

draw rates are a pile of bull poo poo, draw whenever you feel like, hail satan

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Onion Knight is dumb and Orlandu is Cid, whale for Orlandu The Most Powerful Character in Final Fantasy. That's my PSA.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

draw rates are a pile of bull poo poo, draw whenever you feel like, hail satan

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Spent 15 summon tickets and then did an 11 summon with the crystals i had lying around. No Dark Fina. gently caress it, I'm out on that banner, I got Noctis last month so I cant complain.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Rigel posted:

Spent 15 summon tickets and then did an 11 summon with the crystals i had lying around. No Dark Fina. gently caress it, I'm out on that banner, I got Noctis last month so I cant complain.

Same. I didn't have that many tickets but I burned what I had and did an 11 with the lapis I had farmed. It was a good 11, but no Dark Fina. C'est la vie.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I threw one ticket at it, got Anzelm. Yeah, I think I'll stick to daily half off rolls.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I did one daily yesterday, got Elle. Realized I don't actually care about Dark Fina cause I've got four drat ExDeaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

My daily pull beats all of yours for a while, ZIDANE. Time to activate the lapis-refreshing TM grinder macro.

• Locked thread