Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cleaning up all the skills I missed like cooking recipes and fish...Ticking up ap while I'm at it cruising around. Also, using the nixperience band so I don't level up and I'm just gonna smash all the remaining levels in one go...I haven't enjoyed a game this much in quite some time, flawed as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Read some of this poo poo lmfao.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770418&pagenumber=223&perpage=40#post467849453

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've been fighting the guys who come out of dropships and always just barely making it, but I think the game is telling me I'm supposed to run from them because it just dropped a level 78 mech on me

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lol jesus

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

They should make a whole game out of the arena, raising teams for battle out of all final fantasy monsters and going to different arenas, and also just betting on random fights

There used to be a HL2 mod that had multiplayer versions of this and I was addicted to it.

A version that was just a big arena that would spawn two sides of random monsters and you bet on which you thought would win, and another that was team based with both sides picking a team of monsters that came as cards and the winning side got to pick between two cards at round end but the losers had a chance to get a single stronger card to play catch up with.

I haven't done any of the arena in this yet though...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmao

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Games is the worst.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I think I've used magic spells twice. I can't stand my element reserves going below 99.

folder
Oct 9, 2016

ratbert90 posted:

Yeah, let me tell you about all the female mechanics that dress up in short shorts, cowboy boots, and shirts that don't cover their chest. That sure is appropriate mechanic attire.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Ludicrous Virtue Signalling.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Go on...

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

lol he almost lost his job because he couldn't stop lookin'

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If my employee told me he was spending work hours 'doing some research for my ludicrous virtue signalling over a video game' I'd fire them ASAP

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PleasingFungus posted:

Ludicrous Virtue Signalling.

Absolute Virtue Signalling

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna poo poo on a moogle

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Lmao

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Epic boss: I guess its fine since you were posting online about how bad it was

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Ludicrous Virtue Signalings Last Reward

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Pablo Gigante posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I had this open in a draft for about 10 minutes trying to get it to sound right lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I had this open in a draft for about 10 minutes trying to get it to sound right lol

Lmao

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

goferchan posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ah shoot, I didn't realize talking with Ardyn would end the chapter 3, I wanted to go back to Hammerhead and do some stuff there. Hopefully I can go back to open world exploring soon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you cn, its just a couple quests later

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Ah shoot, I didn't realize talking with Ardyn would end the chapter 3, I wanted to go back to Hammerhead and do some stuff there. Hopefully I can go back to open world exploring soon

The open world stays open for you almost whenever you want, it's no biggie.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Synthy, what level were you when you took on that giant mountain thing post-game?

I just need that and to get one level in fishing and survival and two levels in cooking and then i will have plat

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Theres a bounty to kill a Yojimbo daemon called A Fistful of Gil

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Theres a bounty to kill a Yojimbo daemon called A Fistful of Gil

th localization team at se is based. they did n insanely good job translating ignis' bad puns too

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fungah! posted:

th localization team at se is based. they did n insanely good job translating ignis' bad puns too

its probably a different team but 14 is the same way, lots of good writing, weird puns and sometimes really esoteric jokes and references everywhere.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sharkopath posted:

its probably a different team but 14 is the same way, lots of good writing, weird puns and sometimes really esoteric jokes and references everywhere.

Best thing is the "It's not Lupus" world event.

It's a giant crab boss named Cancer

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Fungah! posted:

yeah i was thinking this when they talked about titan not skipping leg day

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm gonna replay this with Jap voice maybe when all the dlc is out...I tried it out before and almost nothing is the same. Like Prompto's long drawn out heeeeeya when you wake up is just good morning in Japanese.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

Synthy, what level were you when you took on that giant mountain thing post-game?

I just need that and to get one level in fishing and survival and two levels in cooking and then i will have plat

Noctis was 80 something and the rest were 70 something. You can do it at like lvl60 and probably even before that, it's just a matter of how long you're willing to warp strike it to death

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I did it at 72 on all characters and it took 2 hours.

I probably burned myself out on this game trying to rush the plat. It was fun but probably won't play it again for a while. Maybe when all the dlc is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

took me about 30 mins, i bet i posted about it in here