Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Well after an evening of frustration against paralysis dragon, I am happy to say that I beat U++ Geruda on the first try. I just did the usual Shout wall physical rushdown and it worked just fine. I completely ignored the feathers. LOL. That was refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

U-DO Burger posted:

Do you have any decent BSBs or SSBs for someone with Knight 5? The trash mobs and the bosses use lots of single target moves, so someone with Gaia Cross and Magic Lure in the ability slots and Knight's Charge for their RM will be making GBS threads out SBs like crazy. It's what made my melee strategy succeed.

e: oh right, make sure your tank has a Gigas Armlet

double edit: you'll also want that BSB or SSB to be an AoE

In a pinch you can use any Tauntaliator if they have a burst.

This is exactly the reason I sphered up Cloud for Knight 3. Let him deal with the trash and save everyone else's hones for the bosses.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

saved 100 mythril to pull for a non-lovely Lightning SB and hopefully get Vanille's BSB. Wound up getting Etro's Embrace and Mistilteinn on the first pull. gently caress YES! :woop:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Any tips for that 140 Diff Dragon fight in the FF14 event? I managed the 140 fight in the FF5 fight, but the damage on this one is unreal.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

100 gems: Lightning's new SSB :getin:

This is way better than her first BSB holy shitballs

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just watched someone's level 70 Sephiroth hit a fully broken D120 Odin with Comet for an astounding 303 damage. How the hell? My backrow healer could auto-attack for more than that :psyduck:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I got Snow's BSB on a dollar pull. Is this even good? Are there good fist or dagger weapons that buff ice??

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Just watched someone's level 70 Sephiroth hit a fully broken D120 Odin with Comet for an astounding 303 damage. How the hell? My backrow healer could auto-attack for more than that :psyduck:

Sephiroth has poo poo for Mag?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

CaptainPsyko posted:

Sephiroth has poo poo for Mag?

Well yeah but I didn't realize it was that bad.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
When the bonus battles come around, it's time for a little payback on the Adamanchelid. I wasn't able to take him down in JPN, so I'm hoping I can turn it around this time.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Man i should probably be pulling on banner 2 but banner 2 has Hope and the worst Cid. Banner 1 at least has Fang.

... Maybe I'll just wait to see if I can finish the event without pulling first.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Hokuto posted:

I got Snow's BSB on a dollar pull. Is this even good? Are there good fist or dagger weapons that buff ice??

There aren't, sadly.

On the upside, if you draw Squall's OSB/BSB2 in the future the coat is a great accompaniment.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Pulled my first OSB... Would be great if I had a lightning based team

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

ApplesandOranges posted:

There aren't, sadly.

On the upside, if you draw Squall's OSB/BSB2 in the future the coat is a great accompaniment.

Dang. Well, you're right, I can give it to Squall for his SSB at least.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Pulled Fang's Punisher from this new banner. I was looking for a new wind toy for my wind team. :getin:

Now here's the question, are jumps still good DPS and worth using without Blood of the Wyvern? Because I'm considering taking Wind Jump & Sky High on her since even though I haven't gotten to hone the former, it'll still be some really nice damage with an imperil up.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Pulled Fang's Punisher from this new banner. I was looking for a new wind toy for my wind team. :getin:

Now here's the question, are jumps still good DPS and worth using without Blood of the Wyvern? Because I'm considering taking Wind Jump & Sky High on her since even though I haven't gotten to hone the former, it'll still be some really nice damage with an imperil up.

If you're willing to engage in battle speed manipulation during attack animations, yes.

If not, ehhhhhhh.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Not bad in single player at Speed 1, please don't in multiplayer.

Only benefit is the extra Air Time on Sky High makes scripted attacks really easy to dodge at quicker speeds.

Wind Jump will probably hit 9999 really easily too with Enwind since it's already stronger then Aerora Strike. Might go with Wind Slash for the quicker cast time, SB generation with the Imperil up, and it's still ranged if you want to keep Fang in the backrow.

Edit: whoops, I'm thinking of the wrong Fang SSB.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 7, 2017

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Second straight 5* on the dollar pull. My third Vega 42s. At least I have an 8* gun now? :confuoot:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

pichupal posted:

Not bad in single player at Speed 1, please don't in multiplayer.

Only benefit is the extra Air Time on Sky High makes scripted attacks really easy to dodge at quicker speeds.

Wind Jump will probably hit 9999 really easily too with Enwind since it's already stronger then Aerora Strike. Might go with Wind Slash for the quicker cast time, SB generation with the Imperil up, and it's still ranged if you want to keep Fang in the backrow.

Edit: whoops, I'm thinking of the wrong Fang SSB.

So I could perhaps opt for Wind Blade + Sky High essentially? I'd be in no danger of running out of hones despite only R1 Sky High since Wind Blade is cheap as all hell to hone. I'm okay with this idea.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

victrix posted:

Take Eiko as your RW instead. Boosted crits and healing BSB instead of offense. You have more offense than I did and I took him down with double healers.

Thanks! Grabbed an Asylum Y'shtola instead for that sweet, sweet damage mitigation. Also threw magic breakdown instead of lifesiphon on Ramza, and honed up a secondary curaja for Y'shtola (that she didn't touch). :toot:

Final, winning set-up:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

I envy people with native sheep so badly. Thankfully the bits I do have (Neo Almagest, Sea Lord's Broadside, Princess's Favor) gave me enough mitigation that I could bring ninja galuf along to provide extra offense to a Maria BSB spamming Krile.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

For those of you who have created spreadsheets with your SBs, how are you formatting them?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So I could perhaps opt for Wind Blade + Sky High essentially? I'd be in no danger of running out of hones despite only R1 Sky High since Wind Blade is cheap as all hell to hone. I'm okay with this idea.

Wind Slash isn't the best for damage, but it's a surprisingly decent 2* skill. If you can stick Fang in the front row I'd just go with Lifesiphon instead, but the extra defense from staying in the back row is worth it in a lot of battles. Wind Slash also makes a nice pairing to Sky High if you have Imperil up, since it'll help you keep Fang's SB gauge filled - Sky High will eat up a decent amount of time that would normally mess up keeping that ATK/MAG Breakdown SSB up.

I also suck at actually using my Greater and Major Orbs, so an easily hone-able 2* skill is pretty attractive to me. :v:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Quick sanity check: Torment left me with 35 spellblade motes. Any reason not to craft (and shatter) two more copies of Snowspell Strike (teaching two out of Steiner, Paine, and Delita to cast it in the process), and have 5 motes left over to unlock it for TG Cid?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh wait I don't have a medica for ff13 either. Maybe I could justify pulling on banner 1

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Nihilarian posted:

Oh wait I don't have a medica for ff13 either. Maybe I could justify pulling on banner 1

It's thoroughly mediocre. Hold out a few days for banner 2 in all its glory.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

3x11 - 2x Fang armguards and 1x Lightning SSB. Am I right in thinking that this outclasses her other SSB in every way except that it's AoE?

edit: also got Vega42 on my dollar draw - 1-year-ago me would be stoked, but I guess native hastega is always a good thing.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

bilperkins2 posted:

3x11 - 2x Fang armguards and 1x Lightning SSB. Am I right in thinking that this outclasses her other SSB in every way except that it's AoE?

I assume you mean Lightning because both Fang SSB's are single target. In which case... sort of.

So, first off, both the new SSB and the old one (Crushing Blow) are both AoE. The old one is 6.5 total lightning damage. The new one is 4.9 total lightning/non damage... and enthunder. Which boosts future lightning element SB's damage by 80%. (And lightning skills like our newest 5* Spellblade that Lightning would need to dive to use by 50%).

So, the old soul break is actually better... unless the enemy resists lightning, or you have both, in which case, the optimal play is to cast the new SSB, and then follow it up with the old SSB.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

CaptainPsyko posted:

Quick sanity check: Torment left me with 35 spellblade motes. Any reason not to craft (and shatter) two more copies of Snowspell Strike (teaching two out of Steiner, Paine, and Delita to cast it in the process), and have 5 motes left over to unlock it for TG Cid?

Why are you in a hurry to spend the motes? Are you going to hone anything vital with the crystals that you can't complete content without? Just hold onto them. There are no more coming for a very long time, so unless you need to get rid of them for some reason there's not much to gain from spending them so freely.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Hokuto posted:

Hell yeah it is. Snow is solid as he has monk and knight 5. Anyway last stand is a great effect, any lethal hits won't kill the target, it'll just leave them with low hp. And there is nothing bad about a 3 hit self atk/def 30%.
I think it's good, 20 Attack and 127 def and res is legit regardless of the realm.

Yanked a mistleteinn or whatever on a single pull. Be like me and only single pull.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Zebia posted:

For those of you who have created spreadsheets with your SBs, how are you formatting them?

Personally I only include 5* and above stuff, not combined 3* or 4* relics because then it just becomes too much of a pain to keep track of. Each realm is a row, and I have color-coded cells for character SBs, shared SBs, and generics. Bold for SSBs, italics for BSBs, and both for OSBs (irrelevant since I don't have any yet). Not sure what I'll do about USBs and CSBs when they hit global, I'll figure that out when the time comes I guess. Maybe I'll just do the bold/italic treatment for all native 6* relics regardless of SB type, I dunno.

dimeat
Feb 28, 2003

Well let’s see it. I mean if it’s as big as you say, I’ll be your girlfriend. [gasps] We could go to prom together.
Did 1x11 pull in hopes of getting Vanilles BSB since didn't get Y'shtola's BSB from the FFXIV

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

FFRK_multiplayer.txt

(edit) on a related note, there was a reddit thread yesterday, recommending people with level 40-65 characters to just join all multiplayer, because three players are enough and can carry you, so it's cool. Thank gently caress even reddit downvoted it to oblivion.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 7, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Jesus this Primal ExDeath fight is kicking my rear end. Trying to run a mage team but I can't figure out a good way to stack enough mitigation. I have to bring Tyro for medal conditions since none of my other mages can hit him with breakdown effects, but that means I don't have room for Y'Shtola's wall since I also need Vanille on BSB healing duty, so I end up having to forgo either Protectga or Shellga and run with just Multibreak (which I only have 2 hones for) and Exhausting Polka or Sarabande, but then that leaves Tyro sitting on his rear end for 90% of the fight.

Right now my team is:

Alphinaud w/ BSB, R2 Leviathan, R4 Firaga
Papalymo w/ Ley Lines, R3 Waterja, R4 Stoneja
Terra w/ Fire Beam, R2 Chain Firaga, R4 Firaja
Tyro w/ no SBs, R1 Multibreak, R3 Exhausting Polka
Vanille w/ Transcendent Dream, R2 Shellga, R4 Curaja

RWed Wall

That's pretty much all I've got for mage stuff, aside from Y'Shtola with Wall. I can't think of a way to hit the medal conditions without Tyro, and I can't afford to let her take a DPS slot. Mitigation is troublesome though, because once he starts spamming Vacuum Waves and Sword Dances, he can get some lucky RNG and murder one or two characters before I get a heal off.

I feel like I *should* have all the tools I need for this, since I've got like 2 of the best mage SBs in the game and one of the best healing BSBs, but I dunno, I'm missing something or doing something wrong. I think my ability to keep up mitigation just kinda sucks when I'm not using physical stuff.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 7, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Jesus this Primal ExDeath fight is kicking my rear end. Trying to run a mage team but I can't figure out a good way to stack enough mitigation. I have to bring Tyro for medal conditions since none of my other mages can hit him with breakdown effects, but that means I don't have room for Y'Shtola's wall since I also need Vanille on BSB healing duty, so I end up having to forgo either Protectga or Shellga and run with just Multibreak (which I only have 2 hones for) and Exhausting Polka or Sarabande, but then that leaves Tyro sitting on his rear end for 90% of the fight.

Right now my team is:

RWed Wall

That's pretty much all I've got for mage stuff, aside from Y'Shtola with Wall. I can't think of a way to hit the medal conditions without Tyro, and I can't afford to let her take a DPS slot. Mitigation is troublesome though, because once he starts spamming Vacuum Waves and Sword Dances, he can get some lucky RNG and murder one or two characters before I get a heal off.

Joke response: whale on keeper's 2 for SG. It is the best idea.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Mithross posted:

Joke response: whale on keeper's 2 for SG. It is the best idea.

I've done an 11-pull on every single SG banner since I've started, including 2 pulls on Keeper 2 when I already had a few dupes :sigh:

I was excited about Y'Shtola's Wall but it's almost taunting me now because I keep running into situations where I just can't quite get away with bringing her along.

edit: lol I just looked at that banner again and literally the only relic I don't have off of it aside from SG is Stardust Rod, which doesn't even seem very good. I have 2 Masamunes and 2 Twin Lances, somehow.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Multiplayer is silly fun. Stamps are :kimchi:

Had a perfect apoc Aiatar where the Terror in the party nailed it with a fully boosted Scorching Flames when he went into perma poison mode for 99999 :allears:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Right now my team is:

RWed Wall

I feel like I *should* have all the tools I need for this, since I've got like 2 of the best mage SBs in the game and one of the best healing BSBs, but I dunno, I'm missing something or doing something wrong. I think my ability to keep up mitigation just kinda sucks when I'm not using physical stuff.

Maybe drop tyro for yshtola and RW keepers tome - the burst commands are atk/mag and def/res breaks, bundled with proshellga and mblink. Dispel has a 10% counter rate I think, you can hit medal requirements once, and then not worry. If you get stung with dispel, S/L until you dont.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The dispel also isn't a big deal. It dispels haste, protect, shell, and regen (and probably some other positive status effect I'm forgetting), but not stat buffs (like wall), and all of those things can be reapplied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The dispel also isn't a big deal. It dispels haste, protect, shell, and regen (and probably some other positive status effect I'm forgetting), but not stat buffs (like wall), and all of those things can be reapplied.

Reflect. It can also dispel Triple, but that's a status only bosses get. By which I mean solely FF8 Cerberus.

Ultimate Dispel, if the name ever comes up in game or in this thread, removes all stat buffs, and is exactly why Ult Barthandelus was a bitch and a half when he was released.

• Locked thread