Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nerd boxes actually own because dumb nerds buy them, if I could buy stock in them a year ago I would have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

lmao at this sad as gently caress video thing just lmao

try to roll with the punches hack frauds

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Gammatron 64 posted:

loot crate really is the dumbest poo poo imaginable. "oh gee, it's a box full of random poo poo I don't want that no one else will want either."

That, and I don't even really particularly care for everything that's popular right now. I haven't seen a single episode of game of thrones, I'm sick of superhero poo poo and I think doctor who is a load of fuckin' garbage. I'm not into harry potter because I don't have a vagina.

That, and I have so much nerd poo poo, sometimes I have trouble getting rid of it. I'm already drowning in cheaply made memorabilia. I suspect that the people who get stuff like loot crate are new to this whole thing and want to have a bunch of worthless poo poo too so they can be "cool". Oh hey, I have a Thanos (TM) Infinity Gauntlet (TM) oven mitt! Awesome, right?

edit: I forgot, I wasn't be obnoxious enough, I meant AWESOMESAUCE instead of awesome

How are you posting from 2010?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Wasn't Rich's "Desk bar! Flash bar! Wubba wubba!" thing from a South Korean video, not Chinese?

You guys are just making it worse!

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

:lol: at the comments

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

KakerMix posted:

lmao at this sad as gently caress video thing just lmao

try to roll with the punches hack frauds

It's really sad how the one guy says that because RLM in Wisconsin and "doing their own thing" they can "do that" (ie give honest opinions) but "this is my job so I can't". They just straight up admit they're paid nerd hype shills who have to toe the line because "it's my job". Sad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ha-ha, you got us guys, you got us.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

It's really sad how the one guy says that because RLM in Wisconsin and "doing their own thing" they can "do that" (ie give honest opinions) but "this is my job so I can't". They just straight up admit they're paid nerd hype shills who have to toe the line because "it's my job". Sad.

Apparently he works in the nerd culture industry? I sensed a bit of salt coming from the main guy there. He even did the passive aggressive thing where you pretend not to remember someones name. Nice view count you paid off frauds!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

who could watch 2 hours of this? i could understand some inbred dummy listening to it, but why is it a video? why?

also what youtube guy said "vista" that made them say vista so much? i dont think ive ever used that word unless im describing that old version of windows

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nerd boxes actually own because dumb nerds buy them, if I could buy stock in them a year ago I would have.

There's untapped potential for a youtube channel that just shreds/crushes/melts nerd boxes every week.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Fruits of the sea posted:

There's untapped potential for a youtube channel that just shreds/crushes/melts nerd boxes every week.

Perhaps via some sort of blazing hot cutting implement, or liquid driven crusher.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Fruits of the sea posted:

The question is whether they show what's inside first or not

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

MrSlam posted:

If your channel was popular enough you could just rip apart whatever garbage was in it on video, then destroy it, and still get them from ____crate/box/bin. ~marketing~

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrSlam posted:

I'm imagining just a regular unboxing video, but after you finish showing off each item, you pitch it into a wood chipper

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If you're not an obese black guy flipping out over Patti Labelle's sweet potato pie or the new Tribe Called Quest album, your opinion sucks and your YouTube channel sucks.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
imo u should have to guess the contents based off the scraps left over and one lucky winner gets a box of all the destroyed poo poo

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm imagining just a regular unboxing video, but after you finish showing off each item, you pitch it into a wood chipper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x46Le6CiBY

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

CaptainFish posted:

Perhaps via some sort of blazing hot cutting implement, or liquid driven crusher.

Maybe even a hoodrahlic press wot de fack.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

or un dispositif sexuel pneumatique

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
apparently the R1 director would just shoot whatever random poo poo he felt like around the set for 1hr/ every day, and marketing got ahold of it so thats why all of those trailer shots are not in the movie

this is real and true. all of it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

bring back old gbs posted:

apparently the R1 director would just shoot whatever random poo poo he felt like around the set for 1hr/ every day, and marketing got ahold of it so thats why all of those trailer shots are not in the movie

I don't beliebe it

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I personally dont think it's racist when you pretend to talk like some other nationality

When americans try to do a swedish chef dialect or when Blizzard hires some american to pretend to be Swedish in OVerwatch I don't consider it racist. I think we should narrow the word "racist" down to things that actually matter instead of expanding it to include every little thing and pretend we are offended by it

Philosophically speaking Richard "Ching Chong that's how they talk" Evans is on the record saying he intentionally made the bit as racist as possible because he was tired of being expected to prank call these numbers and knew it would make it stop.

Which is the most Rich Evans thing ever now that I think about it. I give this white man a pass for exploiting racial misunderstandings to get out of doing hard work.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

reignofevil posted:

Philosophically speaking Richard "Ching Chong that's how they talk" Evans is on the record saying he intentionally made the bit as racist as possible because he was tired of being expected to prank call these numbers and knew it would make it stop.

I would rather believe that a sheltered Milwaukean nerd unintentionally did something offensive and later on tried to come up with some puppet master excuse about doing it on purpose, than he intentionally did something offensive because the RLM crew is so dysfunctional he couldn't just say "yo I don't want to do prank calls anymore"

naem
May 29, 2011

I own the largest private game park in Indiana

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. F! posted:

I don't beliebe it

http://io9.gizmodo.com/why-the-rogue-one-trailers-most-iconic-shot-never-appea-1790910745

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I would rather believe that a sheltered Milwaukean nerd unintentionally did something offensive and later on tried to come up with some puppet master excuse about doing it on purpose, than he intentionally did something offensive because the RLM crew is so dysfunctional he couldn't just say "yo I don't want to do prank calls anymore"

dude clearly just ate poo poo on an improv attempt and was rightly embarrassed at how lame it was

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dylan McKay posted:

dude clearly just ate poo poo on an improv attempt and was rightly embarrassed at how lame it was

I still think it's hilarious and lose my poo poo when he starts saying "Taskbar! Flashbar!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

I also think Rich's explanation is a polite fiction to get the commentators to back off. He clearly loved doing the other prank calls, he took a round of applause.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

lmao they really are trying hard at trying to roll with the punches with tears on their faces and biting their teeth.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Gammatron 64 posted:

loot crate really is the dumbest poo poo imaginable. "oh gee, it's a box full of random poo poo I don't want that no one else will want either."

That, and I don't even really particularly care for everything that's popular right now. I haven't seen a single episode of game of thrones, I'm sick of superhero poo poo and I think doctor who is a load of fuckin' garbage. I'm not into harry potter because I don't have a vagina.

That, and I have so much nerd poo poo, sometimes I have trouble getting rid of it. I'm already drowning in cheaply made memorabilia. I suspect that the people who get stuff like loot crate are new to this whole thing and want to have a bunch of worthless poo poo too so they can be "cool". Oh hey, I have a Thanos (TM) Infinity Gauntlet (TM) oven mitt! Awesome, right?

edit: I forgot, I wasn't be obnoxious enough, I meant AWESOMESAUCE instead of awesome

The best part is when the oven mitt doesn't work because people were dumb enough to use badly made cheap stuff and it causes a twitter debacle.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

This is the best rogueone thing, director sounds great

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
My younger brother used to get loot crate and he did it just for tee-shirts and posters. The meta game of it is trading with other people because each crate slightly different. And they provide cheap and easy gifts. It makes sense if you have large circle of nerd friends.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

reignofevil posted:

Which is the most Rich Evans thing ever now that I think about it. I give this white man a pass for exploiting racial misunderstandings to get out of doing hard work.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Who cares though

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
My sister bought me a 6 month subscription to Loot Crate last Christmas and it was all useless cheap poo poo. After the 4th month of me giving her most of the stuff that came in the box, she said "This is all garbage" and told me just to throw it away. I ended up donating the toy stuff to Toys for Tots this past Christmas.

That's my loot crate story.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Nerd box more like TURD BOX
Loot crate more like POOT CRATE

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

You are why comedy gets worse every year.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JB50 posted:

You are why comedy gets worse every year.

No, you're thinking of Dan Nainan.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nah man, it you for sure.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

:eyepop:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Guy Goodbody posted:

True, except no, actually you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

They do talk like that though.

Who gives a poo poo

• Locked thread