Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

potatocubed posted:

I launched a Kickstarter for Pigsmoke!

It's a tongue-in-cheek PBTA game about being the faculty at Pigsmoke, America's foremost college of wizardry. Chase tenure, resist burnout, conduct groundbreaking research and academic rivalries in equal measure, avoid your trash fire home life, cast spells and hide from the results, and try to escape the notice of the Dean while you eke out some sort of personal victory against the all-consuming forces of bureaucracy. It'll be great!

You know I'll back this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

potatocubed posted:

It's a tongue-in-cheek PBTA game about being the faculty at Pigsmoke, America's foremost college of wizardry. Chase tenure, resist burnout, conduct groundbreaking research and academic rivalries in equal measure, avoid your trash fire home life, cast spells and hide from the results, and try to escape the notice of the Dean while you eke out some sort of personal victory against the all-consuming forces of bureaucracy. It'll be great!

Wizards and academia are my two great loves. Backed!

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

potatocubed posted:

This looks fantastic. Did you run a PBP of it it on here at one point?

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

What's the story behind the name? I don't know what Pigsmoke conjures in my mind, but it's not academia.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm very sure it's supposed to be a riff on Hogwarts.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Zurui posted:

What's the story behind the name? I don't know what Pigsmoke conjures in my mind, but it's not academia.

wizard people, dear poster

Anyway, I've backed for softcover, mostly because I consider hardcover a bit of overkill on small books like this. I might upgrade to the custom book if I can think of anything clever to do with it. (My alma mater's colors are almost Pigsmoke's, so that's a little pointless.)

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

potatocubed posted:

Is the School Spirit level going to incur additional charges for printing/shipping like the other physical reward tiers? Or is that all included in the pledge price?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I know people say running a Kickstarter eats up a lot of time, but I didn't realise how much of that time is spent clearing spam from your KS messages. Ugh.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I'm certain I've seen this before, have you written it up in some other thread? Anyway it looks fun. In for the digital copy.

I've shared Pigsmoke in a couple of other threads and I put the proto-KS here for people to critique, so that might be why it looks familiar. Thanks for your support!

Jimmeeee posted:

This looks fantastic. Did you run a PBP of it it on here at one point?

Nope. Not least because I am PbP garbage and drop out of every game. I ran a one-session playtest over roll20 several months ago, though, which was crewed by helpful goons.

Zurui posted:

I started out by thinking of Hogwarts, and got Pigboils. Then instead of boils-the-skin-condition I imagined boils-the-cooking-method and decided that the university was founded where Ye Olde Sorcerers got together to have their annual cookouts. But of course you'd barbecue a pig, right? Hence Pigsmoke. Because that's where they smoked the pigs.

None of this dubious train of thought has made it into the final game.

CaptCommy posted:

Is the School Spirit level going to incur additional charges for printing/shipping like the other physical reward tiers? Or is that all included in the pledge price?

It's all in the pledge price for the more expensive tiers. I've changed the text to make that clearer and added it to the FAQ, since several other people have also asked.

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jan 6, 2017

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

potatocubed posted:

Been looking forward to you dropping this, backed. Good luck.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

potatocubed posted:

Sounds pretty cool, also reminds me of GURPS Illuminati University.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Complaint: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/megacongames/myth-dark-frontier/description

gently caress you megacon for making a character deck for a different game that you can only get by purchasing a 100 dollar board game I don't give a gently caress about

Before it gets to it, I LIKE Myth the board game. I really do. But gently caress these guys for telling me if I want this extra character I have to buy the upgraded version of this poo poo.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

potatocubed posted:

I backed too, looks fun!

nomadotto
Oct 25, 2010

Body of a Penguin
Soul of a Hero
Mind of a Lazy, Easily Distracted, Waste of Space

potatocubed posted:

Backed! I already have too many PBTA games that I'll never have time to play, but I'm a sucker for the theme of terrible academic power squabbles.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

signalnoise posted:

Complaint: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/megacongames/myth-dark-frontier/description

gently caress you megacon for making a character deck for a different game that you can only get by purchasing a 100 dollar board game I don't give a gently caress about

Before it gets to it, I LIKE Myth the board game. I really do. But gently caress these guys for telling me if I want this extra character I have to buy the upgraded version of this poo poo.

If people ask maybe they'll make a pledge level for just the Myth stuff. They did with Mercs: Recon. Based on how they've handled the KS exclusive heroes for Myth to date, though, every time they release another level of Myth play you'll get charged anew to upgrade each one of your exclusive heroes separately, and you'll get to pay for a useless cosmetic update to the mini, too. So I don't see much point in getting any more unless you're already into the game they're coming with.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

potatocubed posted:

Backed. This looks like fun. I've been looking for a PBTA to introduce a bunch of casual gaming friends to the system with, and running this as somewhere between Unseen University and Hogwarts should do it.

Hope one of your backers hits you up for an undead professor role. :ghost:

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 7, 2017

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Ahem, I think you mean extremely tenured.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Many undead stay behind because of unfinished business. He felt he had more to teach. The problem is, tenure never ends..

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Backed. Cool poo poo. Harry Potter, but grown up and witha poo poo job.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Damnit. Didn't want to, but the concept and the initial art.... backed Pigsmoke.

Know that there will be at least one actual professor playing your game, and imagining blasting his colleagues with ... definitely not necromancy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jesus Christ, Kingdom Rape: Titty Minis finished at $12.4m. Highest backed gaming Kickstarter by 50% even including Exploding Kittens, more than double the funding of Dark Souls.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Jedit posted:

Jesus Christ, Kingdom Rape: Titty Minis finished at $12.4m. Highest backed gaming Kickstarter by 50% even including Exploding Kittens, more than double the funding of Dark Souls.

Sex sells. Kinky/depraved sex really sells.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This tells me that Exploding Kittens guy should make a minis-game.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Sex sells. Kinky/depraved sex really sells.

See: Success of anything furry related online ever.

Like, the F+ crowdfunding episodes are a great way to learn how much people will throw at kinky things that appeal to obscure kinks.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

with tits.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Exploding Tit-tens

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Ten-side dice, one face showing a badly drawn breast, the rest blank. Each tit you roll, you get to roll again until you come up all flats.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Crossing over with Pathfinder also sells.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Zark the Damned posted:

Exploding Tit-tens

TG Kickstarter Thread 3: Exploding Tit-tens

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
A minis game of Tits vs. Pussies.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

drat, while the numbers listed on the pledge levels don't quite add up right, we can infer that the mean backer was in for $643, the median backer is in for around $300 and there were at least 2,957 people went in for $1,000 or more. The desire for titty miniatures is incredible.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Titties is the only explanation for that success. There's plenty of reviews talking it up as a profound experience never to be rivaled but then you read the threads and it's a swingy grindy slog that the supporters claim either:

1. The new version will absolutely fix this, we don't know how, but it totally will.

2. It's not that bad you scum casual baby.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cat Face Joe posted:

Titties is the only explanation for that success. There's plenty of reviews talking it up as a profound experience never to be rivaled but then you read the threads and it's a swingy grindy slog that the supporters claim either:

1. The new version will absolutely fix this, we don't know how, but it totally will.

2. It's not that bad you scum casual baby.

In a world where people actually chose to play Age of Sigmar, this is believable.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

In a world where people actually chose to play Age of Sigmar, this is believable.

actually i believe you'll find it has powerful strategic depth. the best way to defeat this monster is to get behind it but then this monster can attack behind itself :smug:

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
Who the gently caress spends $1000 on unpainted plastic barbies?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

a guy in this very thread admitted to it a ways back

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

EverettLO posted:

drat, while the numbers listed on the pledge levels don't quite add up right, we can infer that the mean backer was in for $643, the median backer is in for around $300 and there were at least 2,957 people went in for $1,000 or more. The desire for titty miniatures is incredible.

The base game was like $250 or $300 and the most extreme titties and dickbeasts (with special exclusive game cards!) were locked behind premium bonuses. So the game was already set to cater only to the most indulgent of tit/poop-eating lovers

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Doodmons posted:

I've spent that much on various unpainted plastic barbies, but like, over a decade, not all at once.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Doodmons posted:

And then you have to actually trim/assemble/glue all the little bits together yourself.
It sounds like a full-time job just to start playing the game.

I like board games with minis like Descent or Battlelore, but there's no way I'm putting the figures together, sorry.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

And then you have to actually trim/assemble/glue all the little bits together yourself.
It sounds like a full-time job just to start playing the game.

I like board games with minis like Descent or Battlelore, but there's no way I'm putting the figures together, sorry.

After spending 500 you get to massage plastic boobs, it's almost like buying an assembly required real doll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Doodmons posted:

Just about every single Warhammer and Warmahordes player on the planet.
I also backed KD.