Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I think you can guess which parents were awesome and which were terrible

If I were a woman, I would marry into the Steelhammer clan ..... and then be disappointed when we spent all our evenings playing Warhammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If anyone was curious how the NFL would handle Mixon's recent past...

https://twitter.com/jake_trotter/status/817181261429178371

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hey remember when Pryor was suspended to start his career because while in college he traded his signature for tattoos?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Hey remember when Pryor was suspended to start his career because while in college he traded his signature for tattoos?

I thought that was because he got suspended at Ohio State and instead of taking the punishment, he declared for the draft. Or am I mistaken?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

korrandark posted:

I thought that was because he got suspended at Ohio State and instead of taking the punishment, he declared for the draft. Or am I mistaken?

Goodell suspended him for the same number of games that he was supposed to serve at Ohio State because Raiders.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I mean, the suspension itself was dumb because who the gently caress cares what players do with their own poo poo, but I do get the idea of the NFL honoring the NCAA's punishment. Although, there is a huge difference sitting out games in college where there isn't a paycheck and being suspended in the NFL which loses you money. So yeah, I have decided if they want to suspend but with pay I am cool with that.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Ehud posted:

If anyone was curious how the NFL would handle Mixon's recent past...

https://twitter.com/jake_trotter/status/817181261429178371

He'll probably end up dropping in the draft like Frank Clark.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

He'll probably end up dropping in the draft like Frank Clark.

Frank Clark didn't get caught on camera punching a white girl. Mixon is going to fall a lot farther.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

Frank Clark didn't get caught on camera punching a white girl. Mixon is going to fall a lot farther.

He will drop until they see how good he is at catching out of the backfield and then its "well he got hit first and he said sorry..." as he goes in the first.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Mixon reminds me a lot of a certain 2008 drafted RB out of Rutgers

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Spintzel posted:

Mixon reminds me a lot of a certain 2008 drafted RB out of Rutgers

Rice didn't have character issues in school though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

He will drop until they see how good he is at catching out of the backfield and then its "well he got hit first and he said sorry..." as he goes in the first.

We will see! I think having an actual video of the assault will harm Mixon's future a lot more than guys like Clark and Tyreek who "only" have testimony. I don't think Mixon will be blacklisted like Ray Rice, but I do expect him to be a third day pick. Maybe higher, depending on combine results.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
What's the consensus on Jamal Adams? Watching his alabama game now and he seems crazy aware of everything that's going on at all times. Seems a solid tackler too. My only issue with him is that he seems to take plays off as there are plays where there are 4 guys trying to tackle a runner and he just jogs toward them rather than running in to stop it. Is his effort a recurring question or am I overanalyzing?

If the effort isn't a problem he seems exactly like the type of guy the panthers love to draft early. Smart, high awareness, nose for the football etc etc.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 7, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Has a consensus #1 emerged yet? Probably too early. I feel like the Browns should let that one go if they get a good enough offer, they still have the #12 and have needs everywhere. Lure Tyrod or Romo, hire Wade, trade down & collect picks to build depth, hire me because I'm a genius. What could go wrong??

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Garrett is almost certainly the number 1 right now. He draws favorable comparisons to clowney and most mocks have him at number 1

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

zimbomonkey posted:

What's the consensus on Jamal Adams? Watching his alabama game now and he seems crazy aware of everything that's going on at all times. Seems a solid tackler too. My only issue with him is that he seems to take plays off as there are plays where there are 4 guys trying to tackle a runner and he just jogs toward them rather than running in to stop it. Is his effort a recurring question or am I overanalyzing?

If the effort isn't a problem he seems exactly like the type of guy the panthers love to draft early. Smart, high awareness, nose for the football etc etc.

All the draftheads love him and are pegging him in the Top-5 to 10. It's a great class for DBs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Is it me or does it seem like a consensus 1a/1b for Garret and Allen, and then no one else is deserving of top 5 and a bunch of mocks have random QBs getting taken super high?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If I had the #1 pick this year I'd be grabbing Cam Robinson at this moment. Sure the combine will distinguish people but so far he's the only top pick I know of that consistently was elite all year.

I'd also be looking at Jon Allen over Garrett or Thomas if I wanted a safer pick too. Garrett is obviously the most physically gifted guy in the class but I'm still turned off on how he performed this year, even with the leg injuries.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Does Garrett actually do anything particularly well besides pass rush? I feel like whenever he played a run heavy team he just disappeared.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Raku posted:

Does Garrett actually do anything particularly well besides pass rush? I feel like whenever he played a run heavy team he just disappeared.

Most teams ran away from him throughout the year but if my memory is right he was a stand out when they did run his way.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

PrinceRandom posted:

Most teams ran away from him throughout the year but if my memory is right he was a stand out when they did run his way.

Most teams tend to run towards the strong side versus the weak side. Also here's some tape on him getting wrecked by Bama:

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/myles-garrett-vs-alabama-2016/

He's getting easily picked up by Robinson, Howard, Harris, and Warmack. 2:20 shows a good time where he's ran at and all he does is set the edge and let Harris blow right by him. Harris stand up blocks him at 2:40 in the open field. Get's picked up by a WR in the open field at 3:00. I mean this is a guy who is repeatedly just resorting to one armed rushes and getting stood up against guys in quality strength and conditioning programs.

Clowney got a bad rap his last year in college because he was injured and getting triple teamed at times, but he still tried. Look at 7:55 and see how gassed Garrett looks and how little effort he gives covering his zone on a broken play. 10:20 in he pads his stats on a busted play late in an already lost game.

He looks big and is capable of huge plays but you gotta hope he shows more effort when he hits the pro scene.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

WR Noah Brown from OSU declared, which is a bit of a surprise. I feel like a productive year in Wilson's offense would put him in the first, but he still should have a good combine and his size + Oklahoma highlights will make him attractive.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

WR Noah Brown from OSU declared, which is a bit of a surprise. I feel like a productive year in Wilson's offense would put him in the first, but he still should have a good combine and his size + Oklahoma highlights will make him attractive.

That's extremely surprising since other than the Oklahoma game,he was invisible. It didn't help that they rotated WR so often no one could get in a rythum.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Doltos posted:

Most teams tend to run towards the strong side versus the weak side. Also here's some tape on him getting wrecked by Bama:

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/myles-garrett-vs-alabama-2016/

He's getting easily picked up by Robinson, Howard, Harris, and Warmack. 2:20 shows a good time where he's ran at and all he does is set the edge and let Harris blow right by him. Harris stand up blocks him at 2:40 in the open field. Get's picked up by a WR in the open field at 3:00. I mean this is a guy who is repeatedly just resorting to one armed rushes and getting stood up against guys in quality strength and conditioning programs.

Clowney got a bad rap his last year in college because he was injured and getting triple teamed at times, but he still tried. Look at 7:55 and see how gassed Garrett looks and how little effort he gives covering his zone on a broken play. 10:20 in he pads his stats on a busted play late in an already lost game.

He looks big and is capable of huge plays but you gotta hope he shows more effort when he hits the pro scene.

If there's one thing I'm noticing when looking at film it's that there are quite a few Edge rushers who will give up on a play real quick if they either don't make the play or the play is going away from them. One of the players that did this was Devonte Fields from Louisville and it's almost infuriating to watch knowing that he could have made more plays if he would have just hustled.

This play here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm-KV9PNWq0&t=169s

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Anyone have thoughts on Jarrad Davis? I want Miami to draft him at 22.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No gators for a bit.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

No gators for a bit.

Who do you want?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Who do you want?

Such a great corner draft I'm gonna need to see someone drafted in 2-3.

For our first, I'd really like a linebacker, as would obviously most fin fans but I'm just not loving any of them in the first.

Lattimore (CB) Lawson (DE) or OJ Howard (TE) might all great options at 22

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Curtis Samuel just declared. He'll be good value in the second or third round.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I would take Corn Elder in the fourth if he's still available. He seems underrated because of his size, but he turned into a shutdown corner.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

Anyone have thoughts on Jarrad Davis? I want Miami to draft him at 22.

I think he's a fit scheme-wise, but I don't know that they would like him over Foster or Cunningham.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think he's a fit scheme-wise, but I don't know that they would like him over Foster or Cunningham.

Yeah, I was assuming both of those guys would be off the board by the time we pick.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Derek Barnett is gonna have a monster combine and will shoot up draft boards and go Top 10. Kid is gonna be a star.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dilber posted:

I would take Corn Elder in the fourth if he's still available. He seems underrated because of his size, but he turned into a shutdown corner.

There is no way a man with that name can fail

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dilber posted:

he sounds like a poorly designed magic card

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Metapod posted:

There is no way a man with that name can fail

It is a #1 overall pick name.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So I guess I'm supposed to ask about Hunter Renfro here?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

So I guess I'm supposed to ask about Hunter Renfro here?

I have no clue, I'm impressed in a Patriots way though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

I have no clue, I'm impressed in a Patriots way though.

Green Bay is in need of a new gymrat receiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chichevache posted:

Green Bay is in need of a new gymrat receiver.

All ours keep getting hurt. :(

• Locked thread