Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Xtanstic posted:

Oh my god that Hidden My Game Mom game has a sequel. The first one was hilarious and the ending was surprisingly good??

http://app.hap.ne.jp/mom2/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.jp.ne.hap.mom2

Cannot download fast enough.

Edit: Four days in and already being chased by an ax wielding grandpa. Love it.

Enigma fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yo, do you like playing Burrito Bison, but find yourself thinking "Boy, I wish this had an ugly, edgy 2D maxx artstyle!"?, THEN BOY HOWDY, I HAVE THE GAME FOR YOU!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gonzossm.sttt&hl=en

Realtalk, it is pretty good for what it is, despite the sub newgrounds artwork.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011
Any suggestions for VR games? Wife just bought me a headset, but I don't know dick about anything VR related. Genre doesn't matter, I'll take a look at anything halfway decent. She got me a weird bluetooth controller too, one handed with a joystick and some buttons, if that matters at all.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Xtanstic posted:

Oh my god that Hidden My Game Mom game has a sequel. The first one was hilarious and the ending was surprisingly good??

thanks!

finished in one sitting! good but feels... easier? maybe I'm more used to the logic from the first game but still fun for its time!

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

ItsNotAGirlName posted:

Any suggestions for VR games? Wife just bought me a headset, but I don't know dick about anything VR related. Genre doesn't matter, I'll take a look at anything halfway decent. She got me a weird bluetooth controller too, one handed with a joystick and some buttons, if that matters at all.

Assuming Gear VR, I'd recommend Smash Hit (free), Minecraft & Tactera. Controller needed for some of Gear stuff. I haven't gone too deep with paying for Gear VR stuff though.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
What are peoples opinions on the best GBA emulator in the Play Store?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Paper Kaiju posted:

What are peoples opinions on the best GBA emulator in the Play Store?

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Android

My Boy seems to be the preferred app, and has a free version you could try before you buy it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Hacker 2.0 is a new turn-based puzzle game heavily inspired by Square Enix's GO games that might interest anyone looking for more of the same kind of gameplay.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Unlucky7 posted:

Yo, do you like playing Burrito Bison, but find yourself thinking "Boy, I wish this had an ugly, edgy 2D maxx artstyle!"?, THEN BOY HOWDY, I HAVE THE GAME FOR YOU!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gonzossm.sttt&hl=en

Realtalk, it is pretty good for what it is, despite the sub newgrounds artwork.

Bad art makes it genuine.

Thanks!

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Xtanstic posted:

Worth the thirty minutes it takes to complete

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

mrkillboy posted:

The Hacker 2.0 is a new turn-based puzzle game heavily inspired by Square Enix's GO games that might interest anyone looking for more of the same kind of gameplay.

I dunno if they fixed it by now but I ran into an impossible challenge in the second tutorial and decided that was a sign.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Is there anyone in an SA Boom Beach Task Force that isn't Boat Pirates who would be interested in amalgamating task forces? Boat Pirates has had a bunch of our heavy hitters leave for one reason or another, and our ability to take out anything above Upper Lip has been hamstrung. We've got a total of 33 members, only about 15 of whom are actually active. Depending on how many members the other force has, we'd be happy either shifting, or bringing new people in.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Breetai posted:

Is there anyone in an SA Boom Beach Task Force that isn't Boat Pirates who would be interested in amalgamating task forces? Boat Pirates has had a bunch of our heavy hitters leave for one reason or another, and our ability to take out anything above Upper Lip has been hamstrung. We've got a total of 33 members, only about 15 of whom are actually active. Depending on how many members the other force has, we'd be happy either shifting, or bringing new people in.

I'm in one called Ballz Deep. No idea how good we are. Im level 40 and play pretty casual.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Android

My Boy seems to be the preferred app, and has a free version you could try before you buy it.

I'd also recommend My Boy. Runs great for the $5 or whatever I've spent on it, especially for RPGs which the GBA has in spades.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
I have a question about the game 'Concrete Jungle'. I bought it recently and love the poo poo out of it, but has anybody who might have played it have any problems with the 'Religious Building' card? It says it's supposed to prevent an adjacent building from being affected by an opponent's ordinances or link effects, but whenever I play it, the AI plops buildings down and the affect the building I protected... Maybe I'm reading the card wrong...

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Anyone know anything about when star wars force arena is supposed to come out in NA playstore? I've seen APKs floating around but i don't wanna mess up that preregistration bonus...

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I burnt myself out on marvel future fight and gumballs and need a new compulsion loop f2p game. What's one that doesn't have an obnoxiously grindy gacha pull system , timers you can skip with money, or paywall that goes up 2 weeks in? I don't mind any of those things in moderation just no obvious attempts to get me to start dropping a couple bucks in every few days.

E: for example I just tried Clash Royale again because I forgot why I didn't play more than twice. Timers on chests with limited chest slots and letting you keep pushing into higher skilled opponents while your deck stays not so great for the next 8 hours is obvious and gross.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 10, 2017

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

ItsNotAGirlName posted:

Gunjack is pretty fun

Wands too

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

FadedReality posted:

I burnt myself out on marvel future fight and gumballs and need a new compulsion loop f2p game. What's one that doesn't have an obnoxiously grindy gacha pull system , timers you can skip with money, or paywall that goes up 2 weeks in? I don't mind any of those things in moderation just no obvious attempts to get me to start dropping a couple bucks in every few days.

E: for example I just tried Clash Royale again because I forgot why I didn't play more than twice. Timers on chests with limited chest slots and letting you keep pushing into higher skilled opponents while your deck stays not so great for the next 8 hours is obvious and gross.

The two games that I've been hooked on recently are Valkyrie Connect and Fantasy War Tactics

Both have a gatcha system, but nothing too in your face in my opinion.

Ratt
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

kirrer posted:

I realize it's no Pokemon Go, just a side project I've been running to learn basic Android programming. If you think it sucks, then you're wrong, but let me know - it's better to hear that then continually tell myself how awesome I am.

Pretty good for a first attempt, I feel when you first enter there should be a short grace period where the zombie doesn't move. Also, I'm not sure how you're doing the movement, but it seems like the movement on diagonals is faster then when moving in straight lines.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Breetai posted:

I'd be happy to join if you guys don't have any strict intel requirements. I have a maxed armory and maxed boats.

toxickiller
player tag: #20R8RPVC8

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Away all Goats posted:

I'd be happy to join if you guys don't have any strict intel requirements. I have a maxed armory and maxed boats.

toxickiller
player tag: #20R8RPVC8

Sure thing. There are 2 teams named Boat Pirates, we're the ones with the tagline of plundering booty, join up and we'll let you in.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FadedReality posted:

If you like puzzle quest then play gems of war. Its the only phone game I play.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I really liked gems of war until the card upgrading and modding got utterly insane.

OxMan posted:

Anyone know anything about when star wars force arena is supposed to come out in NA playstore? I've seen APKs floating around but i don't wanna mess up that preregistration bonus...

It's out in NA today but servers are down.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Any good recommendations for emulators? I was going to pick up myboy, but I was wondering if there are any other platforms that I could emulate and actually enjoy. I have a HTC 10 if that matters.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

OxMan posted:

They should be up now.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
It's up and running. It's basically Clash Royale Star Wars Edition. Fun though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Star Wars Force Arena seems pretty good though I imagine there's some kind of balance issues that'll become more obvious later on. Not entirely sure how to play yet but it's fun to spawn hordes of dudes and shoot jedi in the face

Not sure if what you start with is all pre-set, but the game gave me Luke, Leia, Krennic, and a Grand Inquisitor. Guessing that's what everyone gets to start?

The 7 day login reward for the first 14 days post-launch is Tarkin so if you're interested it's probably worth getting in on that

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Star Wars Force Arena seems pretty good though I imagine there's some kind of balance issues that'll become more obvious later on. Not entirely sure how to play yet but it's fun to spawn hordes of dudes and shoot jedi in the face

Not sure if what you start with is all pre-set, but the game gave me Luke, Leia, Krennic, and a Grand Inquisitor. Guessing that's what everyone gets to start?

The 7 day login reward for the first 14 days post-launch is Tarkin so if you're interested it's probably worth getting in on that

Yeah that's who I got.

The disincentive to play long sessions confuses and annoys me.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

NPR Journalizard posted:

Yeah that's who I got.

The disincentive to play long sessions confuses and annoys me.

Disincentive? It has no stamina, the only thing they timegate is incoming cards, but you can rank and play to your hearts content from what I see. Got Han Solo from the first batch of challenges and I like his mine better than leias extra dudes, leaving them in front of turrets is pretty good, especially your own turret if you got that card.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah you win time-unlock-gated packs of cards for winning matches, which is fine I don't mind waiting to get stuff, but then there's only like 5 slots for those so once you've won 5 matches you have to wait for one of those packs to open up (which takes between an hour and a half to four or more hours) before you win more matches or otherwise you're just winning and getting no real rewards

it's not a great setup. the gameplay itself seems fun though

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Whitest Russian posted:

Any good recommendations for emulators? I was going to pick up myboy, but I was wondering if there are any other platforms that I could emulate and actually enjoy. I have a HTC 10 if that matters.

RetroArch.

Hook it into Retroachievements.org, and get achievements for old games! :toot:

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

FadedReality posted:

Star Wars Clash Royale just released today and has that, after 5 games you can't get any more rewards until you unlock a card pack. Super cool big fan

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links is out.

Pretty much a speed game format of the best childrens card game of the 2000s(Duel Kingdom arc).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.konami.duellinks&referrer=utm_source%3D42matters.com%26utm_medium%3DWidgetWeb

The main differences the Speed Duel format introduces include:

4000 starting Life Points
4 cards in players' starting hand
20 cards in the main deck
5 cards in the extra deck
3 Monster Card Zones
3 Spell Trap Zones

edit: its got the English 4 kids VAs

EzEight fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 12, 2017

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

OxMan posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I really liked gems of war until the card upgrading and modding got utterly insane.

Every problem with the game in terms of card upgrading is fixed if you play enough to passively hit the targets the high level guilds expect. Most of the top 100 guilds hit all the targets every week and you get showered in gacha pulls (including IAP ones) and the best troops possible. That said if you don't enjoy puzzle quest then its not worth going for it because you need to play it a fair bit and will probably burn out.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So I tried to install that Valkyrie Connect on my Pixel XL and it won't even open.. just gives me a notification that it has stopped immediately after trying to open. Any ideas about what I can do?

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

New Leaf posted:

So I tried to install that Valkyrie Connect on my Pixel XL and it won't even open.. just gives me a notification that it has stopped immediately after trying to open. Any ideas about what I can do?

Same here (also Pixel XL). I attempted several times since it was mentioned in this thread and got the same error with each install.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Xtanstic posted:

I never played the original but the sequel is pretty funny. I love the kid's willingness to utterly destroy his own house in order to get his game back.

Art imitates life

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A new Dynasty Warriors game has been soft launched for mobile, featuring the classic hack and slash melee combat of the series but from an overhead perspective. Currently it shows up as not being available in my country but some of you guys mayhave better luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

mrkillboy posted:

A new Dynasty Warriors game has been soft launched for mobile, featuring the classic hack and slash melee combat of the series but from an overhead perspective. Currently it shows up as not being available in my country but some of you guys mayhave better luck.

It's not great, 2 minute sessions almost all combat boils down to "have higher numbers" there is little interaction or meaningful choices involved.