Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Any goon that manages to kill me is 100% hacking tbqh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Artificer posted:

Any goon that manages to kill me is 100% hacking tbqh.

Or just drunk off their rear end and doing the lord's work :catholic:. I think I accidentally did that to Ash Rose cause I was drunk enough to not be able to tell goon from pubbie.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

Or just drunk off their rear end and doing the lord's work :catholic:. I think I accidentally did that to Ash Rose cause I was drunk enough to not be able to tell goon from pubbie.

No no. When we are on opposite teams.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Artificer posted:

No no. When we are on opposite teams.

I'm probably more dangerous to pubbies on my own team than the enemy team.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

TjyvTompa posted:

Accusing people that are better than you for cheating is a time honored tradition. And besides, if they didn't cheat, how could they be better than me?

i'm in the camp of just liking to remind e-competitive e-groups of their rich e-history of e-cheating. :chord:

had a nice chat with a lord peep that i've been running into a lot lately (not a helios guy). we bonded over nearly empty unit/friend lists. then this happened:

IF you can get close, it's hilarious.

no, i still can't get regular screenshots to work. :iiam: (also: :effort:)

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

lol I didn't get a screen shot but I just saw a Dire Wolf that had 2 ERLL, and all the rest was MGs and flamers. Seriously, like 8 MGs and as many flamers.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

armchairyoda posted:

no, i still can't get regular screenshots to work. :iiam: (also: :effort:)

Are you using sharex or puush? MWO Has issues with both of those.

The only way I can get it to work is to select a window on my second monitor then move the screenshot selection thing to my MWO window.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Goast posted:

The only way I can get it to work is to select a window on my second monitor then move the screenshot selection thing to my MWO window.

the steam client screen shot works fine for me

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Goast posted:

Nah, it's some crap thanks to my vid card/os/kids mashing keyboards. I'm really just too lazy to troubleshoot it and lack the ability to care enough to atm.

I can fix it, when it finally bugs me enough. :effort: :effort: :effort: :effort:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'm probably picking up a storm crow since they look versatile.

That's a good choice. Ask in here for build suggestions, but you can't really go wrong with a stormcrow, just pick a components with a lot of guns that shoot at a range you like.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Azuth0667 posted:

I'm probably more dangerous to pubbies on my own team than the enemy team.

The early days of MMO were great when you'd see a commando on your team and a goon would chain run it over while yelling "hug the metal baby!" In chat.

Sadly mech ramming was taken out which made owning a dragon embarassing.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

The early days of MMO were great when you'd see a commando on your team and a goon would chain run it over while yelling "hug the metal baby!" In chat.

Lies! I still regularly top the scoreboard in my Dragon. But yes, the days of the dragon having 100 tons effective ramming capacity and no engine cap were glorious.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

goddamn this is bad builds night. I got this one screen capped this time

:stare:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Cyrano4747 posted:

I mean on the plus side my man can just hold down fire from minute 15 and never run out of ammo

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

I've done that build before, it's fun.

You can just poo poo out a constant stream of dakka until your torsos fall off.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Skoll posted:

I've done that build before, it's fun.

You can just poo poo out a constant stream of dakka until your torsos fall off.

And the guy you are hitting can't see a thing.

Finally had some good games last night, it's starting to click. TTK is very fast now, mechs don't seem to be able to take the punishment they used to.

Whats the point in scouting? It just seems to be a lance of clan mechs stomping hunchbacks and spiders into the ground for all of eternity. Is it good as a group?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Phrosphor posted:

Finally had some good games last night, it's starting to click. TTK is very fast now, mechs don't seem to be able to take the punishment they used to.

Whats the point in scouting? It just seems to be a lance of clan mechs stomping hunchbacks and spiders into the ground for all of eternity. Is it good as a group?

it's a lot of fun as a group. IS actually has the advantage in it overall -- Clans get SPL novas and various HBK-IICs, which are nasty, but IS has SRM-bomber Griffins and invincible HBK-4SPs and a bunch of other mediums that own bones

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

gently caress, :pgi: really is a shittier version of :ccp:.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I want to play with goons is it still a mumble server or have you migrated to the better platform, discord.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I want to play with goons is it still a mumble server or have you migrated to the better platform, discord.

mumble.goonrathi.com, pw mellon

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Phrosphor posted:

IS has a huge advantage in scouting and fills the bar almost every night. Just take a good brawly medium and you should have no problem.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Phrosphor posted:

Clans are cocky going into scouting.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

aniviron posted:

IS has a huge advantage in scouting and fills the bar almost every night. Just take a good brawly medium and you should have no problem.

That should remain the case until Huntsmen go up for c-bills, then you'll have 68 point damage alphas that can be fired twice before the heat cap is reached to deal with.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
But they're slow as poo poo. The stormcrow was good because you could nuke people and also outrun them, and if the fight wasn't going the way you wanted you could just withdraw. For IS 50-55 tonners they had to run XL engines or basically no weapons if they wanted to keep up with the crows, both of which made them easy pickings for a crow drop.

Since the huntsman runs 87 after speed tweak, IS mechs can run standard engines and actually engage or disengage with them.

The huntsman, even the pakhet missile boat, isn't close to being the death machine that the stormcrow was in scouting.

The biggest loss for the clan drops was stormcrow streak boats, because you could have absolutely godawful players who normally wouldn't be able to accomplish poo poo could suddenly pull their weight because all they have to do is keep their reticle vaguely trained on the target to dump piles of damage. Now they either have to run worse streakboats that can't keep up with fast targets, have less missiles, and/or less armor- The HBKIIC or the shadowcat- or they have to run mechs where they actually have to aim their weapons.

Lowering the clan skill floor means that the lovely IS anchor-around-your-neck players now stand more of a chance, but that doesn't change that clan tech is still more newbie friendly in scouting by a wide margin.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 7, 2017

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The 6mg Shadowcat seems amazingly effective so long as you don't get shot at...or have someone else there to distract the people who would otherwise shoot you as you stared at them, no?

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
So I check the MWO main page every now and then to have a good laugh but I saw recently they're testing some new Power Draw mechanic on PTRs but I haven't been able to find much more than that.

Is this something they're actually trying to make work?

I haven't logged on in months but I made some poor financial decisions before I left and preordered the Archer and the Kodiak. It looks like I missed the window for Archer, but Kodiak seems like it would still be a decent mech to run around in?
Faster Assault with one variant that can put 4 Ballistic slots in torsos and another that can basically use an Atlas S layout.

Kind of want to try those but Power Draw just looks like another :pgi: decision to further sabotage any success this game may have if I were to reinstall.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i mean really why use anything other than the urbanmech tho

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

TVDinna posted:

Power Draw and Kodiak.

Power draw is dead for now. Key words: for now.

The Kodiak 3 is a fantastic ballistics platform. 4 LBX-10, and you can kill near anything up close pretty easy. The Spirit Bear is more like a heavy than an assualt. You build it like an Atlas, but need to use MASC to get in and out of fights fast. You can't tank damage, so don't try. The SB is fragile as all hell.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ostentatious posted:

i mean really why use anything other than the urbanmech tho

Urbies and dads forever

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

DancingShade posted:

That should remain the case until Huntsmen go up for c-bills, then you'll have 68 point damage alphas that can be fired twice before the heat cap is reached to deal with.

psh. what kinda nub doesnt run the 8xSRM6 build?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The Repo Man posted:

Power draw is dead for now. Key words: for now.

The Kodiak 3 is a fantastic ballistics platform. 4 LBX-10, and you can kill near anything up close pretty easy. The Spirit Bear is more like a heavy than an assualt. You build it like an Atlas, but need to use MASC to get in and out of fights fast. You can't tank damage, so don't try. The SB is fragile as all hell.

Don't listen to this man. KDK-3 with 2 UAC10 and 2 UAC5. Don't bother facetiming people, pop out to double burst and then get back in cover. High mounts mean it hillhumps like a mofo.

The SB is best used like a super fat medium. You would not beleive the amount of times I've cored out LRM boats and assaults from behind with it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I slapped 4 UAC 10s on my KDK3 and I just chainfire them.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Skoll posted:

I slapped 4 UAC 10s on my KDK3 and I just chainfire them.

I've done that, personally I think it works better with a left and right side fire group. Just don't mash them both at the same time.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Rysithusiku posted:

psh. what kinda nub doesnt run the 8xSRM6 build?

The kind that didn't shell out :10bux: for it. PGI decided to go full P2W with that mech.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

I've done that, personally I think it works better with a left and right side fire group. Just don't mash them both at the same time.

I just like the never ending stream of dakka. Don't really give a poo poo about efficiency or doing good or survival anymore.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What is the absolute most srms I can fit on a mech that can go around 80km.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Pahket (hero huntsman) with 8srm6. If you don't want to give :pgi: money it's 6.
81kph without tweak. plus jumpjets!

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
what weird-rear end loving change took place that people aren't just using machine guns as lol lmao LMFAO!!! joke weapons anymore

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

they got buffed. alot. including a ~60% spread reduction. you can reliably rape 1 component now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
They buffed damage, rate of fire and spread. If you mass them, they're brutal against any location without armor.

edit: Shadowcats can fill their left side with 6 machine guns and their right with 2 LPLs or PPCs. It can be surprisingly effective.

I also have a Mauler build with 2 LPLs, 2 SRM6A and 6 MGs I want to give a try...

Q_res fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 7, 2017

• Locked thread