Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

BeefThief posted:

Weren't they making a documentary of this as part of the stretch goals? I remember seeing a pic with sandy and a bunch of really expensive looking equipment back in like 2015.

yeah this is something i am looking forward to watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Beer's is this your old carebear chariot you sold on the graybox market?

The only thing missing for this to truely be a Shitizen chariot is a tear-stained sleeping bag crumpled up in the corner.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Thoatse posted:

Beer's is this your old carebear chariot you sold on the graybox market?

Could be one of them. If so I hope they're happy with it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Or $10,000 if you can get a few gullible people on gofundme.

I called Ben out on it again tonight as he hadn't answered. Tomorrow evening I will publicly call him a scammer, like his Lord And Master, The Crobber.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Samizdata posted:

I called Ben out on it again tonight as he hadn't answered. Tomorrow evening I will publicly call him a scammer, like his Lord And Master, The Crobber.

It takes years for the Smithsonian to properly identify and preserve rare treasures. Rome wasn't built in a day. The Director of Spaceships needs time to properly catalog.this cache of cinematic history. Eh gently caress it, call him out.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Poor guy. Can't talk about SC so he's forced to bitch about someone else's to feel good.

The whiny little bitch still has me blocked, or I would go gently caress with him about those posts. Go, Sam, for great justice!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

BeefThief posted:

Weren't they making a documentary of this as part of the stretch goals? I remember seeing a pic with sandy and a bunch of really expensive looking equipment back in like 2015.

With how things are going I would be shocked (with the voltage tripling every second) if they actually put that thing out. The narration would have to be as though it was a success story (it is their narrative after all), and I don't think you can call anything but a release a success. Hell I suppose in that regard, there's no conclusion to it.

An article about its demise like that EQNext one is more likely.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheLastRoboKy posted:

With how things are going I would be shocked (with the voltage tripling every second) if they actually put that thing out. The narration would have to be as though it was a success story (it is their narrative after all), and I don't think you can call anything but a release a success. Hell I suppose in that regard, there's no conclusion to it.

An article about its demise like that EQNext one is more likely.

Considering they were filming it over a year or 2 ago, I'm sure it was all portrayed as if the game was a huge triumphant success.

So they will need to wait until the game is actually released to show anything

It will be pretty awkward because I'm sure by the time they have to cut out any scenes with filthy leavers in it, the only people left in the movie will be Chris and Sandi and maybe Ben

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wise Learned Man posted:

If they can convince enough people that Derek Smart is bad, then Star Citizen will finally be good.

Yeah, no. No matter how bad Unca Derek is made to look, Star Citizen will never be good.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

Considering they were filming it over a year or 2 ago, I'm sure it was all portrayed as if the game was a huge triumphant success.

So they will need to wait until the game is actually released to show anything

It will be pretty awkward because I'm sure by the time they have to cut out any scenes with filthy leavers in it, the only people left in the movie will be Chris and Sandi and maybe Ben

Liquidators and Creditors looking to claw back some investment money when this all goes cocks up please look to getting the documentary as assets and turning it into a mockumentary.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/6O5tNUg.gifv

Malleovic
Sep 8, 2007

OMGGG you could've tripped and DIED
This game has never had a problem with looking pretty.

Anything going on in this thread?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Malleovic posted:

Pretty bad?

Pretty janky?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, no. No matter how bad Unca Derek is made to look, Star Citizen will never be good.

I don't understand.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Malleovic posted:

We're eagerly awaiting the next morsel of failure to drip from Christ Roberts lips or the devs broken hands

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wise Learned Man posted:

I don't understand.

Regardless of Derek (or anyone non CIG/Citizenry), SC sucks.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BeefThief posted:

We're eagerly awaiting the next morsel of failure to drip from Christ Roberts lips or the devs broken hands

I'm thinking it will be another two weeks (seriously) before they can pipeline and refactor the new shows into the verse. Monday will probably be a tell if Hobo actually does his communication post.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Samizdata posted:

Regardless of Derek (or anyone non CIG/Citizenry), SC sucks.

Inconceivable.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

*flails hands wildly*

I believe you may have contracted Croberts' Syndrome. The only known cure is to post more Kayak pictures :eng101:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
In other news, this thread is taking a nice turn
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5mgasw/full_star_citizen_newsletter_010617/?st=ixn3e6hs&sh=937f5a57

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Don't overlook the the 1900pg katamari threadnaught about controls/flight model... it's the original forum gulag, going back to 2013...

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/171914/katamari-mega-thread-controller-implementation-balance/p1

Interesting analysis posted in that thread: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7435907/#Comment_7435907

Only 6200 backers have played 2.6 Arena Commander Battle Royal mode (most popular). Only 480 of them for more than 2 hours and only 140 of them more than 6 hours so far.

So much for the greatness of the revamped flight model.

Star Marine novelty means 64000 players have tried Last Stand mode of which 5100 have played for more than 2 hours and barely 1000 have played more than 6 hours.

Given MoMA/Toast claims on his time in Star Marine he surely must be top 1% percentile in time played in the community. Way to go Toast. You are one committed citizen, friend.

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't understand game development.

I also don't understand how Chris Roberts doesn't understand game development.

Star Citizen: Clearly Chris does not understand game development

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kwljpjnuFk&t=8s

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
RETALIATOR, ENEMY STOP ATTACKING IF PILOT IS NOT NEARBY SEAT + SHIELD GLOW INDEFINITELY + TURRET LEFT WEAPON MOVES ACCORDINGLY + AIM RETICLE AND LASER BOLTS ARE OFFSET EXPONENTIALLY

EXPECTED RESULT
The expected result is evidently enemies should not pause indefinitely, the targeting brackets should not pause and the Retaliator shield glow should not pause as the pilot leaves his sit or leave a pilot sit area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_VasDcu-o&t=167s

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
ARCCORP WEAPON HEAD

ACTUAL RESULT
Weapon is stuck in head. Scope is detached and is hovering next to the helmet

EXPECTED RESULT
To see character without weapons sticking out of my head

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
DUTCH RAILROAD LOGO USED IN VANGUARD WARDEN

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Walk up to cockpit of Vanguard Warden
2 Look up
3 See the logo of Dutch Railways (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederlandse_Spoorwegen)

ACTUAL RESULT
Copyright issues?

EXPECTED RESULT
Not using a protected logo cause them Dutchies are greedy and will sue ;)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuZdNf3Eyb8&t=17s

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
MULTIPLE GAMES OF STAR MARINE OVERHEATED MY CPU'S 8 CORES

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 I played multiple games of Star Marine on 1080p at high settings and my cpu overheated and my motherboard shut it down for safety

ACTUAL RESULT
Rarely a game will do this. In fact the only other time was with an indie game remake of System Shock original. There must be some limit AAA games put on the cpu useage as I can play those for hours without a problem

EXPECTED RESULT
For my pc not to overheat and do an emergency shut down

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

MedicineHut posted:

Interesting analysis posted in that thread: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7435907/#Comment_7435907

Only 6200 backers have played 2.6 Arena Commander Battle Royal mode (most popular). Only 480 of them for more than 2 hours and only 140 of them more than 6 hours so far.

Star Marine novelty means 64000 players have tried Last Stand mode of which 5100 have played for more than 2 hours and barely 1000 have played more than 6 hours.

Given MoMA/Toast claims on his time in Star Marine he surely must be top 1% percentile in time played in the community. Way to go Toast. You are one committed citizen, friend.

Moma said he'd played 40 hours but the leaderboard shows the top player is that drunken pua streamer twat with 30 hours.

Moma why you gotta lie, it hurts us bad.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

MedicineHut posted:

Wow, those are some really loving poo poo numbers considering this game is about to sell 40+ million copies.

AP posted:

ARCCORP WEAPON HEAD

ACTUAL RESULT
Weapon is stuck in head. Scope is detached and is hovering next to the helmet

EXPECTED RESULT
To see character without weapons sticking out of my head

Finally, Gunther Hermann´s dreams are fulfilled. He did ask for this.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AP posted:

RETALIATOR, ENEMY STOP ATTACKING IF PILOT IS NOT NEARBY SEAT + SHIELD GLOW INDEFINITELY + TURRET LEFT WEAPON MOVES ACCORDINGLY + AIM RETICLE AND LASER BOLTS ARE OFFSET EXPONENTIALLY

EXPECTED RESULT
The expected result is evidently enemies should not pause indefinitely, the targeting brackets should not pause and the Retaliator shield glow should not pause as the pilot leaves his sit or leave a pilot sit area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_VasDcu-o&t=167s

This is hilarious, but what I think is even funnier is the multiple glitches right through the ship out into space not only aren't part of the bug report, but he treats it as something entirely to be expected (which it is, but shouldn't be).

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Refund? No. Pledging more? IDK.

quote:

A Brazilian grandmother has been praying to a figurine from Lord of the Rings for years without realising.
The woman thought she was praying to Saint Anthony but it turns out the figure was Elmond, Lord of Rivendell.
Her relative Gabriela Brandao made the discovery and posted it on Facebook with the caption: "The funniest discovery of 2016."
The post reads: "My daughter's great-grandmother prays to Saint Anthony every day."

On closer inspection, she said Saint Anthony wasn't what he seemed.
The pointy ears may have given the game away.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

AP posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 I played multiple games of Star Marine on 1080p at high settings and my cpu overheated and my motherboard shut it down for safety

ACTUAL RESULT
Rarely a game will do this. In fact the only other time was with an indie game remake of System Shock original. There must be some limit AAA games put on the cpu useage as I can play those for hours without a problem

EXPECTED RESULT

Star Citizen and Bitcoin. So many similarities.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
2 Look up
3 See the logo of Dutch Railways (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederlandse_Spoorwegen)

ACTUAL RESULT
Copyright issues?

EXPECTED RESULT

Oh and it's nice to see that Archer has been rehired.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

AP posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
2 Look up

ACTUAL RESULT
Copyright issues?

EXPECTED RESULT

In preparation for making all alien languages double Dutch.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

alphabettitouretti posted:

Moma said he'd played 40 hours but the leaderboard shows the top player is that drunken pua streamer twat with 30 hours.

Moma why you gotta lie, it hurts us bad.

He's still mad about TheAgent and is puppet-mastering the ultimate series of lies. Or something. Maybe huffing paint.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

AP posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT

To be fair, that guy's just an idiot who has either clocked his CPU too high or has insufficient cooling (or both). True, most games won't max your cpu at 100% for extended periods of time but if your PC can't take that, it's not configured to be stable.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

D_Smart posted:

It could be that one entity bought the SQ42 IP rights from the other.

But both the purchase and sale need to not be related parties. This definitely rules out CIG LLC, RSI INC, F42 and RSI LTD. It couldn't be anything controlled by Chris Roberts. Perhaps one of Ortwin's enterprises if all the script writing etc was done through that. It is of course all speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

That's another weird thing that the shitizens seem to just accept with CIG. They miss an estimated date and then when they finally admit, 'okay, that's not coming out as planned' they seem to think that somehow resets the timeline of expectation for that feature.

Case in point is 3.0, the release that was due by the end of 2016. Yet if you listen to the shitizens discuss it now they're all 'mid to late 2017', what the gently caress happened to 2016?!? What is the supposed justification by being sooo far off with their estimates? Chris Roberts stands on stage and says 'we aim to release this within 4-5 months' and then the actual release is 10-15 months+ into the future. And it's not like that's happened once, it happens every-single-time.