Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you dont think zuckerberg cuts him a deal

Probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TBeats posted:

Most overrated NASCAR racer of all time

Richard Petty.

Seriously, after the playing field was leveled and regulated, he placed more consistently with his son.

I'm not saying Petty wasn't great, but he clearly had a mechanical advantage with Dodge back in their hayday and he couldn't maintain it when everyones' balls were getting bigger in nascar at the time. He should remain noteworthy, but the King is stretching it.

My nascar fandom days ranged from around '88 to '05 or so. Jarrett, Waltrip, Rudd, the Labontes, Rusty Wallace, and tons of others I can't remember. One of the clearest memories I have from early on is Davey Allison's helicopter crash death.

I'm white trash and will break open a case of PBR and fight you in a trailer park over the greatness of one of Nascar's great drivers, Terry Labonte.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm still sad about Michael Schumacher :(

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I teared up over Ned Jarrett getting to call Dale Jarrett home for that Daytona win

I was four and I was sad but happy and the first time I ever had happy tears was because of NASCAR

Yeah I've still got a Quality Care jacket in my garage, fite me irl

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dick trickle or gtfo

Aryton Senna

....wait

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

KildarX posted:

Atlanta Snowpocolypse 2017 Update: Governor called a state of emergency. Current outside status: slightly rainy, no snow very little ice. Thoughts and prayers please.

Pretty nasty out now. And despite the state of emergency, Dobbins is telling folks to go to work and PT test at 9am lolol

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I'm gonna go with Mike Skinner as my Nascar guy.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm still sad about Michael Schumacher :(

This and Colin McRae :smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Chilean Air Force pilot and technician come across...something in the air that registered on IR.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/groundbreaking-ufo-video-just-released-from-chilean_us_586d37bce4b014e7c72ee56b?section=weird-news

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That video is proof that chemtrails are real and that's why my skin itches.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Blind Rasputin posted:

That video is proof that chemtrails are real and that's why my skin itches.

That's the morgellons

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Tell them to hurry up and build that hyperspace bypass already.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

If you want some purestrain crazy and hilarity, Facebook made it a trending topic and some of the top posts are loving :lol:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

That's awesome. What is that? Does the Navy have sub launched subsea-to-air drones with ballast tanks or something?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That's the morgellons

I wonder how many of those people just need to wash their sheets more

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
It's just someone dropping a long brown one out the back of a Chinook

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Chilean dude spent 20 bucks at Taco Bell and now he's paying the price.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope it's aliens and they just blow the planet up but first they take all the dogs and as it turns out they like dogs and actually deserve dogs unlike people.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

I hope it's aliens and they just blow the planet up but first they take all the dogs and as it turns out they like dogs and actually deserve dogs unlike people.

Dogs were the forerunners of the aliens and have been slowly molding us for easier pacification this whole time

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Cats will lead the resistance, suffering no master

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

Dogs were the forerunners of the aliens and have been slowly molding us for easier pacification this whole time

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blonde_Bombshell_%28novel%29?wprov=sfla1

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I, for one, welcome our new canine overlords.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Apparently same sightings spotted over NYC and Beijing now. Still developing.

Edit: count Spokane in too.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

its-happening.gif

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Any alien space invader movie that comes out and takes place in 2017 will just be two hours of twitter feeds and YouTube videos.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

That video was from two years ago. People are imagining poo poo.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

Naked Bear posted:

its-happening.gif

Donald trump would be the president for a space alien invasion for peak 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Hey GiP, I've been thinking of enlisting for XCOM. Worth it? The recruiter is offering me a signing bonus if I agree to the "Stun Prod" MOS(??), plus a six-figure bonus after my fifth mission.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Make sure you get Psi training in your contract.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vengarr posted:

Hey GiP, I've been thinking of enlisting for XCOM. Worth it? The recruiter is offering me a signing bonus if I agree to the "Stun Prod" MOS(??), plus a six-figure bonus after my fifth mission.

Check the fine print, if you end up getting 99% of that six figures you'll get 0 every time.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vengarr posted:

It's a bitch and a half to scratch your balls on mission because of the stun grenade taped into your hand on a dead man's switch though

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Don't listen to these guys, sign for sniper. Once you get Overwatch figured out you'll be blasting suckers left and right

i heard overwatch got nerfed in the DLC/expansion pack but I never played it

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Guys I really wanna fight aliens ever since I was 11 and I played Halo for the first time it's all I've ever wanted in my life. I'm ready. My body is ready. My mind is ready. I will be Master Chief John Spartan 117. Is being 27 and roughly 300lbs of sexy fat a disqualification for 11b or xray? Can I just go straight to delta? I knew global warming was fake and if that airport had a gun yesterday none of this would have happened smh

loving libs

-A MARSOC Marine

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
There was a book that I always forget the name of where Aliens actually recruit humans to fight in interstellar wars because were just really really absurdly good at violence and have no other redeeming qualities in the eyes of the more sensible intergalactic species.

Because we are good at destroying stuff.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Generic Marine and Battle Los Angeles reference....sorry all the creative juices are gone after helping run a 5 year old's birthday today.

I actually enjoyed the movie though. Interesting idea of seeing Aliens fought in real non sci-fi locations with non fantastical troops or gear.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I actually enjoyed the movie though. Interesting idea of seeing Aliens fought in real non sci-fi locations with non fantastical troops or gear.

:same:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Generic Marine and Battle Los Angeles reference....sorry all the creative juices are gone after helping run a 5 year old's birthday today.

We've got to get to the eff oh bee!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

We've got to get to the eff oh bee!

Amazes me not one military advisor on the set said "just say it like key fob or you're gonna drive literally everyone who's ever been in the military loving nuts"

Then again they might have said that and some exec producer said "no way if we don't spell it out each time how will America understand"

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

M_Gargantua posted:

There was a book that I always forget the name of where Aliens actually recruit humans to fight in interstellar wars because were just really really absurdly good at violence and have no other redeeming qualities in the eyes of the more sensible intergalactic species.

Because we are good at destroying stuff.

The Damned trilogy by Alan Dean Foster is one of those. Pretty good.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Amazes me not one military advisor on the set said "just say it like key fob or you're gonna drive literally everyone who's ever been in the military loving nuts"

Then again they might have said that and some exec producer said "no way if we don't spell it out each time how will America understand"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgAO846_h28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Easy peasy. Dialogue along these lines:

"Welcome to Forward Operating Base Farthuffer. While on the FOB, keep your PT belt on at all times."

• Locked thread