Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

v2vian man posted:

yeah traffic sucks if you move to naperville. i pay 1k a month for a two bedroom in avondale. it's not that bad

I also live in Avondale and it's great but traffic is loving terrible everywhere. I work downtown and only drive there on Sundays and it still occasionally takes 45 minutes to get there for seemingly no reason. Traffic and the winter are brutal, but I love everything else about the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My highly scientific poll of four people I know suggests the Raiders are still currently more popular in LA than the Rams.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lost Season posted:

Wait, what? Why?

It's basically a manlet of a city constantly trying to compensate for being born a pathetic runt. Not a good look.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Raiders jerseys are loving badass and rams jerseys are lamesville

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Rick posted:

My highly scientific poll of four people I know suggests the Raiders are still currently more popular in LA than the Rams.

Does anyone even like the Rams' kit aside from the throwback helmets?

kiimo posted:

Assuming you moved to Chicago I'd like to take some issues with this.

hot - Chicago in the summer is hot as gently caress and humid as gently caress with the added benefit of getting down to -15 in the winter.
expensive - all cities are expensive, like for instance Chicago if you don't want to live in Naperville
congested - after being stuck on the Dan Ryan for an hour and a half two days before Christmas I was longing for the 405.
fake - why do people who move away always say this? Chicago has it's own social issues for sure. I find I encounter very very few fake people and I work in the entertainment industry ffs.

I moved from the north Chicago burbs to SD and now live in Seattle. It sounds like you've not spent a lot of time in southern CA if you think that Chicago compares unfavorably at all based on what I said, but whatever: you can PM me about that if you want a more complete response.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Larry and Magic bruh

Aw poo poo, I forgot about basketball.

Goddammit

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
https://medium.com/sportspickle/cha...a12f#.i18osotzf

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
San Diego will be a nicer, better city than it already is without the Chargers. I literally want them to leave.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Rams yellow/blue unis were some of the nicest in the league - way better than the bland navy/gold unis they've had since the GSoT era.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chinatown posted:

San Diego will be a nicer, better city than it already is without the Chargers. I literally want them to leave.

What if the Spanos family left and the Chargers stayed?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I don't live in SD but i'd personally be over the moon for that.

The Spanos family are actively toxic and it isn't just Dean. Alex Spanos was a douchebag and a half too.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

My wet dream

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Durandal1707 posted:

The Rams yellow/blue unis were some of the nicest in the league - way better than the bland navy/gold unis they've had since the GSoT era.

Nah, that was a much needed uniform renovation.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Volkerball posted:

I thought it was ushering in an era where the defending SB champions would use a custom jersey set for the following season incorporating gold into the design somewhere. Still kinda wish it had happened.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

oldskool posted:

I thought it was ushering in an era where the defending SB champions would use a custom jersey set for the following season incorporating gold into the design somewhere. Still kinda wish it had happened.

That would be really cool.

All the Raiders silver replaced with gold. Also the Niners have to wear cheap brown pinnies.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 9, 2017

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

meh i guess

im so done with this though

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Volkerball posted:

log the mother gently caress off

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I like the really old school Rams uniforms with white horns

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pirates are always going to be cooler than sheep. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Even lightning bolts are marginally cooler than sheep.

Sheep, however, are cooler than adolescent male horsies. And adolescent male horsies are marginally cooler than the drabbest color imaginable, and actually naming your team that color (after another team previously named that color left town and renamed themselves something much much cooler).

But I digress. My point is that even with horns, little sheepies are not the sort of badass animal mascot you want to try to rally around. If your team mascot is featured at the local children's petting zoo, you have screwed up badly somewhere.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Why do team names have to be badass and xxxtreme

I love goofy team names, like the New Orleans Pelicans. That's awesome. If anything they should have made the logo way goofier, like the KU Jayhawk.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Leperflesh posted:

Pirates are always going to be cooler than sheep. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Even lightning bolts are marginally cooler than sheep.

Sheep, however, are cooler than adolescent male horsies. And adolescent male horsies are marginally cooler than the drabbest color imaginable, and actually naming your team that color (after another team previously named that color left town and renamed themselves something much much cooler).

But I digress. My point is that even with horns, little sheepies are not the sort of badass animal mascot you want to try to rally around. If your team mascot is featured at the local children's petting zoo, you have screwed up badly somewhere.

- a diehard xfl fan

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shirts and skins posted:

I love goofy team names, like the New Orleans Pelicans. That's awesome. If anything they should have made the logo way goofier, like the KU Jayhawk.

The Montgomery Biscuits is my favorite team name, ever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

v2vian man posted:

log the mother gently caress off

i suppose you like the creamsicles too

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Pelicans are nightmare birds built for murder even if they don't look at it.

Mascot XTREMEness is tied to the sport anyway. Football has a bunch of predatory animals and violent humans. Basketball has more things that invoke how the game is played (Magic, Jazz). Baseball is full of old timey nicknames based on uniform color and poo poo like that.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

No definitive update but that'll probably happen next week. The expectation is that the Raiders will ultimately end up in Vegas, where they'll play until that stadium is built is up in the air between O.Co and UNLV's little stadium. San Diego is expected to end up in LA, they have nowhere to play in the interim though other than an MLS stadium or a completely empty Qualcomm.

The lesson seems to be if you're going to move an NFL team do it like the Davis family.

Yesssss, The Las Vegas Raiders has a nice ring to it.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
This is decision week, yeah?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Zurreco posted:

This is decision week, yeah?

Deadline is Sunday.

Can't wait for the half assed Spanos presser where he announces they're staying for at least two more years and keeps us in limbo even longer

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

The Montgomery Biscuits is my favorite team name, ever.

I went to Live Oak High, our team name/mascot was the Acorns. :negative:

The best team name actually is the UCSC Banana Slugs.

Because they just go ahead and totally own that they're never going to be good at sports. Their team mascot is reading a book.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Leperflesh posted:

Because they just go ahead and totally own that they're never going to be good at sports. Their team mascot is reading a book.

Can't forget my hometown Evergreen State College Geoducks!

It was a minor identity crisis when their DIII basketball team got good enough to start developing a rivalry with the crosstown St Martin's College. "Wait a second, we're Evergreen! We can't have sports rivalries!"

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

They look like a couple of dorks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm constantly amazed at LA Rams fans and their obsession with canary yellow.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Volkerball posted:

i suppose you like the creamsicles too

you bastard. you bastard. don't at me

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

What's up south valley buddy ::respek:

Putting in for Dartmouth and Keggy the keg

And their unofficial team name "Gang Green"

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Late but we're one huge step closer to the Mojave War Boys and I can't loving wait.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've never wanted to go to Vegas before but goddamn I cannot wait to spend a Sunday night in a Vegas holding cell.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Keyser S0ze posted:

"Frisco" was popular with the bikers/beats/etc back in the 50's-70's and then became an insult because all the east coast transplants in the Marina didn't like it.

It's used in Kerouac, Wolfe, Thompson books from that era for sure.

It was hated by Bay Area natives decades before anyone gave a poo poo who Kerouac was just FYI.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
back when you were in your 40s? relic rear end

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

v2vian man posted:

back when you were in your 40s? relic rear end

back during World War One some dude got dragged before the local civil defense board for calling it Frisco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Volkerball posted:

I've never wanted to go to Vegas before

what the

• Locked thread