Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

Stop talking to Kawalimus he clearly has a mental disorder

Like a bad one

When he snaps and goes postal, will the victims be related to the Redskins or the Ravens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Amy Pole Her posted:

Like a bad one

It's kind of humorous.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears haven't had a good safety since mike brown and i want them to draft hooker

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

incompetent posted:

When he snaps and goes postal, will the victims be related to the Redskins or the Ravens?

Bird watching becomes hunting.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

bears haven't had a good safety since mike brown and i want them to draft hooker

I'd rather have Adams from LSU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

One of the reasons why i'd be hesitant to hire one of the Ryan brothers (and thus why I wouldn't want either of them near my team) is that it really seems like both of them.. I dunno, it seems like either of them just aren't very good at communicating their concepts to their players. I mention that because Mike Pettine was a Rex Ryan disciple, yet when he ran the Bills' defense in 2013, they still ran a 4-3 base D, and while they were average against the run, they were a very good pass D the one year he was there. I just think both of them heap all these concepts onto their players without any regard as to whether said players fully understand them, and what you end up seeing is how completely disorganized the Saints' D was under Rob, and how much the Bills' defense regressed from their excellence in 2014 under Jim Schwartz to their currently mediocre state.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Amy Pole Her posted:

Like a bad one

Yeah it's pretty disconcerting

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The "we need a Sharpe" obsession is completely deranged. We've had way better receivers than him lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All I wanted to do was forget Sharpe for a year

So of course this is the season Kawalimus can't stop talking about him AND Skip Bayless gets a loving show with him

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

shannon sharpe owns

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I think the 2015 Broncos should get the title for "worst quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl" because we had Brock Osweiller on that team.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Sour Diesel posted:

shannon sharpe owns

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think the 2015 Broncos should get the title for "worst quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl" because we had Brock Osweiller on that team.
same to both

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
look to win a Superbowl you need a guy who can average 50 yards per game receiving. maybe 55. without players like that on the team you're going nowhere

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

The "we need a Sharpe" obsession is completely deranged. We've had way better receivers than him lol

That's not my point. See if you just have all the great players then you don't need a Sharpe. Also Sharpe's numbers then were more like a TE's numbers were expected to be. Back then the only real amazing passcatching TE like they have more of today was Tony Gonzalez. And Sharpe was up there but had gotten older by that point. Sharpe would have had a much better season receiving totals if we had a better QB. The next year under Grbac he made the pro bowl. THough his numbers were basically the same but there were lots of reasons for that.

But the point was that the Ravens had a bad offense. We had a bad QB in Dilfer(after he took over), and a terrible pass-blocking offensive line. It was a putrid unit. Sharpe knew it and the whole team was open about how bad they were. But Sharpe dragged that unit and still got open and through the playoffs was able to give them the one big monster play they needed for their defense to be able to clamp down and just hold until the end. It was easier to do that in those days cause there wasn't the ridiculous passing league it is now. So that's what I mean when I say we need a Sharpe. And that's why Boldin was a Sharpe. And Steve Smith is(edit: was :( ) a Sharpe. Wallace is an Ismail. He'll make a bomb play but he won't make those insane catches in traffic like Boldin did in the Superbowl late. The Sharpes and Ismails complement one another.

Antonio Brown is a Sharpe. Mike Wallace is an Ismail. When they played together in PIttsburgh they were the league killer WR combo. But then Miami got Wallace and tried to have him be a Sharpe and it didn't work. Because he's not a Sharpe. That doesn't mean he's not valuable it just means you can't use him that way.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 7, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
drat sounds like that was a horrible season.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

It wasn't bad like I've said repeatedly. The flaws are what makes it interesting to look back on. But I do want us to one day just field a dominant team like the 2001 Rams were. A team strong all around that it's a miracle if you don't get blown out by them let alone a victory. The closest thing we had to that here was in 2006. But I bet the 2010 and 2011 teams could have done that if not for that idiot Cam Cameron and Greg Mattison in 2010. 2011(Mattison left and we had Pagano, a great DC) with a competent OC would have won the Superbowl. But in hindsight I'm glad Billy Cundiff missed that field goal and Lee Evans lost that pass because we would have had to face the Giants franchise again. Instead we got a shot at the 49ers and beat them which means the Ravens are the only team to go to multiple Superbowls and not lost, and we slew our two biggest competitors for that title ourselves. Now that's a great deal.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Kawalimus posted:

It wasn't bad like I've said repeatedly. The flaws are what makes it interesting to look back on. But I do want us to one day just field a dominant team like the 2001 Rams were. A team strong all around that it's a miracle if you don't get blown out by them let alone a victory. The closest thing we had to that here was in 2006. But I bet the 2010 and 2011 teams could have done that if not for that idiot Cam Cameron and Greg Mattison in 2010. 2011(Mattison left and we had Pagano, a great DC) with a competent OC would have won the Superbowl. But in hindsight I'm glad Billy Cundiff missed that field goal and Lee Evans lost that pass because we would have had to face the Giants franchise again. Instead we got a shot at the 49ers and beat them which means the Ravens are the only team to go to multiple Superbowls and not lost, and we slew our two biggest competitors for that title ourselves. Now that's a great deal.

You're glad you didnt make the superbowl.

:stare:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/817795774390079490

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kawalimus posted:

That's not my point. See if you just have all the great players then you don't need a Sharpe. Also Sharpe's numbers then were more like a TE's numbers were expected to be. Back then the only real amazing passcatching TE like they have more of today was Tony Gonzalez. And Sharpe was up there but had gotten older by that point. Sharpe would have had a much better season receiving totals if we had a better QB. The next year under Grbac he made the pro bowl. THough his numbers were basically the same but there were lots of reasons for that.

But the point was that the Ravens had a bad offense. We had a bad QB in Dilfer(after he took over), and a terrible pass-blocking offensive line. It was a putrid unit. Sharpe knew it and the whole team was open about how bad they were. But Sharpe dragged that unit and still got open and through the playoffs was able to give them the one big monster play they needed for their defense to be able to clamp down and just hold until the end. It was easier to do that in those days cause there wasn't the ridiculous passing league it is now. So that's what I mean when I say we need a Sharpe. And that's why Boldin was a Sharpe. And Steve Smith is(edit: was :( ) a Sharpe. Wallace is an Ismail. He'll make a bomb play but he won't make those insane catches in traffic like Boldin did in the Superbowl late. The Sharpes and Ismails complement one another.

Antonio Brown is a Sharpe. Mike Wallace is an Ismail. When they played together in PIttsburgh they were the league killer WR combo. But then Miami got Wallace and tried to have him be a Sharpe and it didn't work. Because he's not a Sharpe. That doesn't mean he's not valuable it just means you can't use him that way.

there's no functional difference between an ismail and a sharpe, either way you're hoping for a guy to break a play all the way to the endzone (because your offense is bad enough it cant sustain drives) and outside of an insane, crazy fluke (sharpe's 96 yard play) you want the faster guy doing it

that play is also funny because sharpe didn't make anyone miss and didn't outrun anyone , he caught a ball off balance and stayed on his feet and that was it

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 7, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

got any sevens posted:

You're glad you didnt make the superbowl.

:stare:

In retrospect you can say that sort of thing. I wasn't even too upset about it then though. The next year was more stressful cause you knew it was our very last chance before that window closed for good. And now we're stuck in the mediocrity muck.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 7, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

there's no functional difference between an ismail and a sharpe, either way you're hoping for a guy to break a play all the way to the endzone (because your offense is bad enough it cant sustain drives) and outside of an insane, crazy fluke (sharpe's 96 yard play) you want the faster guy doing it

that play is also funny because sharpe didn't make anyone miss and didn't outrun anyone , he caught a ball off balance and stayed on his feet and that was it

He had another play like that in the Denver game in the wildcard round. Dilfer threw a swing pass out to Jamal Lewis who bobbled it and Broncos defender Terrell Buckley missed an interception. Then Sharpe came around from behind and grabbed the pass and stayed in bounds all the way down the sideline for a 50-some yard TD. That's the kind of thing Sharpe was doing. Then in Tennessee he got himself wide open and set up our only offensive TD of the game. The Superbowl he didn't make a big play but we didn't need him to because the Giants melted down enough. Coates actually had a better day than Sharpe that day. But that's ok. He was called "Big Play Shay" for a good reason.

edit: I actually attended that Broncos playoff game. I remember that part so well I can still see it happening if I close my eyes. The stadium went nuts! And so did I. I was just a kid then and had never seen anything like that and the Ravens had never even been in the playoffs. And it was so cold and such a great atmosphere. I'll never forget that day.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 7, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah those wildly fluke plays were happening all the time during that horrible season.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Kawalimus has really lost it. Someone check him into a mental hospital before he hurts somebody.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Kawalimus is kind and friendly. Support him in these trying times.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

But my all-time favorite play I ever saw live? Wasn't even from a Ravens playoff team. It was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZN0CabW6s

This was a great game. Ravens were 0-2 looking awful and Broncos were 2-0 and many considered them the strongest team in the league early that season(they kind of faded but at that point in time they were a big deal). The Ravens though built a 24-3 lead at halftime with Jason Elam attempting a field goal. But McAlister camped in the end zone and fielded the kick and with some amazing blocks and fakes he was able to go all the way the other way for a touchdown to make it 31-3. Nobody saw that coming and it was such a blast. I was expecting us to be blown out. That game was lots of fun. Shannon Sharpe was playing for the other team that game. The game also included Ed Reed's first career interception and punt block.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Kawalimus is kind and friendly. Support him in these trying times.

AFC:N Posters Union Local 26-37-1 stands in solidarity with our posting comrade, Kawalimus, in these trying times

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Apparently Flacco just had his first 4k+ yard season this year.

At 672 passing attempts, drat. I honestly didn't know he was second to Brees in attempts this season.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

I'd rather have Adams from LSU

And sign Eric Berry when the Chiefs don't franchise him. :fap:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Durandal1707 posted:

Apparently Flacco just had his first 4k+ yard season this year.

At 672 passing attempts, drat. I honestly didn't know he was second to Brees in attempts this season.

He just has no downfield accuracy at all. That's always been his issue.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Welcome to the thread, Dolfans.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chichevache posted:

Welcome to the thread, Dolfans.
why are you in here

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

why are you in here

schadenfreude

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

why are you in here

We all know it is a matter of time. :ohdear:

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The thing I don't get about the Ravens' playcalling since Kubiak left is why they ditch the run so early in games.

I mean it's pointless to keep calling run plays if you're down 10+ and you're getting absolutely nothing on the ground, but there's been a couple Ravens games i've seen this year where they were getting ok yardage on the ground and then junked it to have Flacco throw 40+ times a game. I don't get it, because he's always been the kind of QB who's been best off when he has a run game to lean on, and when PA is a legit option so he can sling it downfield.

Or I could be totally wrong, I dunno.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Anyone need a printer?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Durandal1707 posted:

The thing I don't get about the Ravens' playcalling since Kubiak left is why they ditch the run so early in games.

I mean it's pointless to keep calling run plays if you're down 10+ and you're getting absolutely nothing on the ground, but there's been a couple Ravens games i've seen this year where they were getting ok yardage on the ground and then junked it to have Flacco throw 40+ times a game. I don't get it, because he's always been the kind of QB who's been best off when he has a run game to lean on, and when PA is a legit option so he can sling it downfield.

Or I could be totally wrong, I dunno.

Ravens coaching staff is a bunch of pea-brains. This is clear to most people watching except these dopes. Kubiak actually understood this poo poo and also knew how to run those schemes that Juan Castillo tries to run so we had Forsett putting up huge yards. This is typical of Kubiak's career getting great numbers out of average backs. We don't play to anyone's strengths here we just go out and sort of do poo poo with no rhyme or reason most of the time. It's pathetic and embarrassing to watch and I can't wait till this joker Harbaugh is out of here. Unless he has coordinators who are both competent and will also stay here, which is something that is very rare. Most coordinators who stick around are guys like Dean Pees.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Anyone need a printer?

Does it do shirts?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Hey dudes can I come in also does anybody want a Bobby Rainey, we have one. No, nothing's wrong with him, trust me.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

Hey dudes can I come in also does anybody want a Bobby Rainey, we have one. No, nothing's wrong with him, trust me.

Hm. We're full on Running Backs. How is he on special teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
yesterday my brother and i discussed one of my favorite topics, who on the browns would start/play significant time for other NFL teams. we said thomas, crowell, duke johnson, barnidge, pryor, coleman somewhat, then on defense basically haden, ogbah and demario davis maybe. six guys on offense, two or three on defense. they're so so bad

• Locked thread