Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Wrecked Angle posted:

To be fair, that guy's just an idiot who has either clocked his CPU too high or has insufficient cooling (or both). True, most games won't max your cpu at 100% for extended periods of time but if your PC can't take that, it's not configured to be stable.

To be clear it's 2017 and I'm in a thread laughing at a fictional game development company plus their fans, CIG have raised over $141 million dollars for a game due to be released in 2014. I'm no longer interested in being fair, not my responsibility, I quote stuff that makes me laugh, some of that is at the expense of CIG, some the fans, some a combination of both.

Even if CIG had no responsibility for chucking bland art fidelity at pcs until they threw up, I'd still quote that exactly as is. The idea that some Citizen will damage his computer due to being clueless about computers is still funny to me.

Not having a go at you, just being clear, my entire post was just a quote, you appear to be correcting what you think are my motivations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

AP posted:

To be clear it's 2017 and I'm in a thread laughing at a fictional game development company plus their fans, CIG have raised over $141 million dollars for a game due to be released in 2014. I'm no longer interested in being fair, not my responsibility, I quote stuff that makes me laugh, some of that is at the expense of CIG, some the fans, some a combination of both.

Even if CIG had no responsibility for chucking bland art fidelity at pcs until they threw up, I'd still quote that exactly as is. The idea that some Citizen will damage his computer due to being clueless about computers is still funny to me.

Not having a go at you, just being clear, my entire post was just a quote, you appear to be correcting what you think are my motivations.

Apology accepted.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

MedicineHut posted:

Star Marine novelty means 64000 players have tried Last Stand mode of which 5100 have played for more than 2 hours and barely 1000 have played more than 6 hours.
Genuinely surprised by the 64,000 figure. I suppose it was the only vaguely significant but not really significant bit of content released for the entirety of 2016.

I bet they have barely a few thousand dedicated whale cultists remaining.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

MedicineHut posted:

Interesting analysis posted in that thread: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7435907/#Comment_7435907

Only 6200 backers have played 2.6 Arena Commander Battle Royal mode (most popular). Only 480 of them for more than 2 hours and only 140 of them more than 6 hours so far.

So much for the greatness of the revamped flight model.

Star Marine novelty means 64000 players have tried Last Stand mode of which 5100 have played for more than 2 hours and barely 1000 have played more than 6 hours.

Given MoMA/Toast claims on his time in Star Marine he surely must be top 1% percentile in time played in the community. Way to go Toast. You are one committed citizen, friend.

Ha ha holy poo poo, that's a bigger drop off than the original Titanfall. 1.6 million strong!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I guess we could our secret network of people bringing this 'game' down the Sons of the Parpy

Serious question: with the 'completed' graphics, how are the developers supposed to know where or what the problem is? Surely it would be simpler/easier on the eyes to see and fix what's going wrong in a greybox than a fully rendered spaceship interior? Then again, IDUGD

Then again I think these people are just playing (Space) Minesweeper at this point. There was a picture in October/November that showed an office that had never been used before (maybe Ben's old office?), with people clearly pretending to be busy. I think a lot of them know the game is up and they're just running out the clock at this point. So why create content?

AP posted:

DUTCH RAILROAD LOGO USED IN VANGUARD WARDEN

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Walk up to cockpit of Vanguard Warden
2 Look up
3 See the logo of Dutch Railways (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederlandse_Spoorwegen)

ACTUAL RESULT
Copyright issues?

EXPECTED RESULT
Not using a protected logo cause them Dutchies are greedy and will sue ;)

By
Ryan
Archer

:mad:

AP posted:

MULTIPLE GAMES OF STAR MARINE OVERHEATED MY CPU'S 8 CORES

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 I played multiple games of Star Marine on 1080p at high settings and my cpu overheated and my motherboard shut it down for safety

ACTUAL RESULT
Rarely a game will do this. In fact the only other time was with an indie game remake of System Shock original. There must be some limit AAA games put on the cpu useage as I can play those for hours without a problem

EXPECTED RESULT
For my pc not to overheat and do an emergency shut down

Crysis averted.

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO

alphabettitouretti posted:

Moma said he'd played 40 hours but the leaderboard shows the top player is that drunken pua streamer twat with 30 hours.

Moma why you gotta lie, it hurts us bad.

He's playing the secret build you dick!!! v:mad:v The one they won't release until it's up to Chris Roberts' Exacting Standards but is already functional and practically done (next fourteen days-ish), meanwhile what's already out totally lives up to those same standards :rolleyes:

Unless MoMA (maybe pick another alias- I mentally read this as Museum of Modern Art) and Wtfopuarus are the same person :tinfoil:

Chin posted:

Genuinely surprised by the 64,000 figure. I suppose it was the only vaguely significant but not really significant bit of content released for the entirety of 2016.

I bet they have barely a few thousand dedicated whale cultists remaining.

Like sharks and other aquatic megafauna, the Backer Whale is in precipitous decline. Only careful conservation and habitat management will protect their numbers- however, such extensive ship sale trawling over such a long period of time is unsustainable for any species population.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Lladre posted:

Also offloading assets onto an far away grid is a technique that's been used in games since forever.

Why do they do this? Some sort of hack after they didn't plan ahead?

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Star Citizen: Some sort of hack after they didn't plan ahead

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Moma said he'd played 40 hours but the leaderboard shows the top player is that drunken pua streamer twat with 30 hours.

He lies. Like a lot. All the time. This is surprising, why?

ps: he also claims to have $8K+ in the game, something we've all suspected to be patently false.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

D_Smart posted:

He lies. Like a lot. All the time. This is surprising, why?

ps: he also claims to have $8K+ in the game, something we've all suspected to be patently false.

I find it funny, that he stopped posting the exact time CIG went on holiday. And coincidentally started posting when they where back.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

shrach posted:

But both the purchase and sale need to not be related parties. This definitely rules out CIG LLC, RSI INC, F42 and RSI LTD. It couldn't be anything controlled by Chris Roberts. Perhaps one of Ortwin's enterprises if all the script writing etc was done through that. It is of course all speculation.

Good point. We'll never know.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

AP posted:

RING OF PORT OLISAR FLY FREE IN SPACE AS SHIP.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 Flying in Crusader Map

ACTUAL RESULT
I saw the ring from Port Olisar flying in space. It was recognised as ship. See evidence screenshots.

EXPECTED RESULT
Ring rotating on port Olisar.

posting from 20 pages back to say :lol:

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Lladre posted:

By placing the glowing scrolling panel on your neck, you accomplish two things.

• That you are true space E bushido who will not try and hide in the shadows when confronting an opponent.
  • That you give your enemy a clear indication of your most vulnerable place to shoot at.

loving arcade mode

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

MOMA didn't lie. MOMA spent 40 hours in front of the computer. 30 hours spent loading the game, 10 hours playing.

CRobbers posted:

We were happy to see positive feedback from the Alpha 2.6 release and impressed by the number of stunning videos and images being created with the new camera controls. We have been digesting both our own and your thoughts on Alpha 2.6 now that it has been live for two weeks. We are planning releasing an incremental patch, 2.6.1 with some of the features that slipped out of 2.6, bug fixes for increased stability (although 2.6 was possibly our most stable patch to date) as well as continued balance and gameplay tweaks
Does the client still need to be reloaded to restart a Star marine match?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

HycoCam posted:

MOMA didn't lie. MOMA spent 40 hours in front of the computer. 30 hours spent loading the game, 10 hours playing.

Does the client still need to be reloaded to restart a Star marine match?

I've had no problems going from match to match without reloading.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

If only the rings are spinning why is there gravity on other parts of pot olisar? Do they generate excess gravity and pump it into the other parts of the station?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
It's a cool thing

https://clips.twitch.tv/seebotschat/AggressivePenguinOptimizePrime

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I find it funny, that he stopped posting the exact time CIG went on holiday. And coincidentally started posting when they where back.

Don't forget always absent when they have events too. I'm sure it's all coincidence.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wise Learned Man posted:

Inconceivable.

That word does not mean what you think it means.

Also, MODS? Can we get a nick change for this one?

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

wow bots already simulating real relationship problems... singularity just around the corner.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Liquidators and Creditors looking to claw back some investment money when this all goes cocks up please look to getting the documentary as assets and turning it into a mockumentary.

I've seen tits up so many times I appreciate your change of failure gender!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I've seen tits up so many times I appreciate your change of failure gender!

Look, now, it wasn't like he said "when it goes stacks up" or anything...

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Maybe MoMa is WTFosaurus and for him 30 felt like 40.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

DUTCH RAILROAD LOGO USED IN VANGUARD WARDEN

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Walk up to cockpit of Vanguard Warden
2 Look up
3 See the logo of Dutch Railways (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederlandse_Spoorwegen)

ACTUAL RESULT
Copyright issues?

EXPECTED RESULT
Not using a protected logo cause them Dutchies are greedy and will sue ;)

The graphics are so fast and furious and there are so many skips there will probably be hundreds or thousands of issues like this. Chris Roberts should probably receive every single 8k bit map pixel before signing off on it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Look, now, it wasn't like he said "when it goes stacks up" or anything...

You looking under my stacks again? :argh:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

You looking under my stacks again? :argh:

Sorry, sorry. But when I see a hull like that, I gotta look.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

MULTIPLE GAMES OF STAR MARINE OVERHEATED MY CPU'S 8 CORES

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 I played multiple games of Star Marine on 1080p at high settings and my cpu overheated and my motherboard shut it down for safety

ACTUAL RESULT
Rarely a game will do this. In fact the only other time was with an indie game remake of System Shock original. There must be some limit AAA games put on the cpu useage as I can play those for hours without a problem

EXPECTED RESULT
For my pc not to overheat and do an emergency shut down

All the talent is gone. If it can't be "kinda hacked" or modded in, I wouldn't expect CIG to break new grounds very deeply. This will include no-launch conditions. The internet crippling loader is probably the first of many horrible things to come out. This one is #2. Software design paradigms don't matter to Chris Roberts who last programmed maybe when DOS was popular. He's got no idea how to manage resources, graphical or otherwise. It's gonna be great. :allears:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Sorry, sorry. But when I see a hull like that, I gotta look.

It's ok. You can steam my generators any time. :wink:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MoMA probably played Star Citizen less than Chris Roberts. He's just out to troll and pretend to be the most interesting man alive with refinement and clever intrigue.

Although I still don't believe MoMA is Toast or a paid shill. He's just a dude with a Derek Smart bone to pick.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

https://soundcloud.com/stephanosrex/honk-honk-butt

This.. is so drat funny and worth listening to.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

The Titanic posted:

It's ok. You can steam my generators any time. :wink:

The steam in your engines isn't the only thing triply expanding around here.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

flirting nerds

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

she's hawt tho.

Seriously, bunch of wankers.
Jakeappella still missing, since Citizencom LOL.

e: we're all impatient, does it count when the game is 2 years late? loving lol,

Crazy_BlackParrot fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 7, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bowtie guy isn't wearing a bowtie!

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

"company is still building"

right.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
"Star Citizen is very much bleeding-edge tech."

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

"Star Citizen is very much bleeding-edge tech."

more like Eye bleeding tech.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

lmao

she literally said, she has no clue is what's the plan for this year LMFAO?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

lmao

she literally said, she has no clue is what's the plan for this year LMFAO?

nobody does so shes right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
No surprise that 2.6 was crapped out the door for Xmas I guess

https://clips.twitch.tv/relay_sc/OpenPorpoiseTheTarFu

F42 edit