Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well it's always been clear that time was passing in Gensokyo and that it was going at the same rate as our time so that leads to the assumption that the characters are growing older

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ikaragu posted:

By far the worst bit of Forbidden Scrollery was the revelation that Marisa is shorter than Kosuzu.

Also Marisa, at least according to ULiL sprites, is only just taller than Futo.

Fun facts! Mokou is supposed to be short, considering she came from the late 600s/early 700s Japan. Maybe like 4'6" or something? Dunno the average height of Japanese women back then, not to mention when she took the elixir.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

By the way the touhou wiki seems certain the the barrier went up in 1885, and that is the number you get when you subtract the Youkai Lunisolar Calendar year from our normal calendar year, but is there any source for that year exactly?

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

I dunno if there's a direct source but it's basically confirmed since PoFV took place in 2005 and that was the year the barrier was fluctuating or something which supposedly happens every sixty years.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Reining is eternally uh, 16

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

Reining is eternally uh, 16

who

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Reimu

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
today i learn reisen has like an actual gun now?

it was better when all she had was a pretend gun

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
She still uses finger bullets in ULiL, the lunatic gun or whatever it's called is just a handy dandy shotgun.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

reisen is lucky that sanae and youmu are in ten desires otherwise she'd be the single worst shottype in existence god drat i would rather use reimu/suika

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

El Burbo posted:

By the way the touhou wiki seems certain the the barrier went up in 1885, and that is the number you get when you subtract the Youkai Lunisolar Calendar year from our normal calendar year, but is there any source for that year exactly?
The newspaper articles in Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red have months and years on them.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 6, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Nook posted:

reisen is lucky that sanae and youmu are in ten desires otherwise she'd be the single worst shottype in existence god drat i would rather use reimu/suika
Youmu's slashtype is great, you take that back.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

counterpoint: mima

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Runia

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
mima is more likely to be in another game than rumia

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

the worst crime against humanity

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

The newspaper articles in Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red have months and years on them.

Yeah I know that's how I subtracted the numbers but maybe they started their calendar a year later or a year before, ya never know

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

throw to first drat IT posted:

If Reimu was part youkai, you would think that there would have been at least some hints about it already.
Isn't there some really obscure Square Enix arcade game ZUN contributed to that states Reimu is an orphan?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

HGH posted:

Isn't there some really obscure Square Enix arcade game ZUN contributed to that states Reimu is an orphan?

rip sendai hakurei no miko, probably died trying to punch out the touhou equivalent of unicron ;.;

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

el dorito posted:

counterpoint: mima

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

mima is more likely to be in another game than rumia

actually crazily enough I am getting reports that they will BOTH be in touhou 15.5

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nages posted:

actually crazily enough I am getting reports that they will BOTH be in touhou 15.5

source your quotes.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Yeah I know that's how I subtracted the numbers but maybe they started their calendar a year later or a year before, ya never know
Oh, I see. It's because they're assuming the games take place in the year they came out, but they could easily be a year off, yeah, since they don't all take place in the season they came out.

Using the traditional calendar can throw it off by as a much as a month or more, too. The traditional calendar was officially abolished starting in 1873, so in theory it shouldn't matter, but I can't imagine many yokai particularly cared what the government had to say about it.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 6, 2017

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

ikaragu posted:

never talking to boys.

I'unno, they both got all giggly about the idea of getting a love letter.

Then again, they never implied it would be from a guy, so...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

FMW4 will be coming out next Reitaisai.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
sanbondo if you're doing an SRW-ey pv with something big and flashy at the end, it's gotta be Eiki laying down judgment in the court of the gods, you can't just stick her in the middle like that!

good that it's all sorted out though, looking forward to it!

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

finally after probably eight years of development, fantasy maiden wars can be cancelled

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Good now we just need to wait for FMW: the Compilation remaster.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Good now we just need to wait for FMW: the Compilation remaster.

With bonus Ten Desires story.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
we will see if they intend to go further than 12 depending on how they handle the dream world they've been building up to the whole series, i.e. if it looks anything like it did in LoLK

and, for that matter, if the Watatsukis allude to that game in any way

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

i'll be amazed if they do anything beyond patching out bugs in the final game or even update gsw01 assets for the perfect edition that maybe exists

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
oh yeah also if the game's all about dreams then they're probs having renko and maribel show up in some way

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The game will end with Maribel going "And that was my dream."

Renko will take a bite of shortcake (her 50th plate), look Maribel in the eye, and ask:

"Do you just hate vampires?"

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Who doesn't really when you think about it

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

BlitzBlast posted:

The game will end with Maribel going "And that was my dream."

Renko will take a bite of shortcake (her 50th plate), look Maribel in the eye, and ask:

"Do you just hate vampires?"

POLL: how will Remi be not terrible in the next game, if at all

they really shoulda brought her in sooner so she could wreck poo poo during IN. like I dunno, maybe leave behind Patchy and Meiling to hold back Flan for that segment they were going for. also sorta counterintuitive how underground doesn't count as nighttime, but I think more than anything that's supposed to be more of a 'is the moon currently visible' system, something i was genuinely surprised was not more of a direct mechanic with all the lunarians around

...similarly I have to wonder if anyone'll play like Zero does in Z2. could be Eiki's thing, though honestly I think it'd make more sense if it was how Kanako worked. they were kind of going for something similar in how she's more of a supportive command-aura centered unit after all

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I can't wait for there to not be a single night stage across all of FMW4.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Remilia is going to be as garbage if not somehow worse in FMW4 as she was in FMW3, please look forward to it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

POLL: how will Remi be not terrible in the next game, if at all

they really shoulda brought her in sooner so she could wreck poo poo during IN. like I dunno, maybe leave behind Patchy and Meiling to hold back Flan for that segment they were going for. also sorta counterintuitive how underground doesn't count as nighttime, but I think more than anything that's supposed to be more of a 'is the moon currently visible' system, something i was genuinely surprised was not more of a direct mechanic with all the lunarians around

...similarly I have to wonder if anyone'll play like Zero does in Z2. could be Eiki's thing, though honestly I think it'd make more sense if it was how Kanako worked. they were kind of going for something similar in how she's more of a supportive command-aura centered unit after all

the stages on the moon and in space also did not count as night stages, right?

i mean yes ok the sun still shines and thats even a gag in Silent Sinner but still come on guys

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Remilia will be worse because her best friend and teammate, Rumia, has gotten nerfed so her night field is active when she is in the back, as opposed to just affecting her and her teammate. So unless they decide to fix all of her other problems (they won't) she's going to be the same old terrible without subjecting your humans to night terrain penalties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Nook posted:

Who doesn't really when you think about it

She grew up after the Twilight generation, it's a given.