Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Two Finger posted:

what are people using to stop ads automatically playing when i open a page

I use 1Blocker. For my iOS devices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
ublock works well

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I was recently chastised on SA for being paranoid and stealing from poor website operators because I ran an adblocker to prevent XSS attacks.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Nothing you should view all ads

Get a load of this guy

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ublock origin is really great and all you need. Until they sell out in 5 years and start including ads themselves or selling your data like every other antivirus/adblocker/whatevet

Pesticide20 posted:

Speaking of miles lasers did anyone else avoid firing blanks during miles training by just smacking the laser in order to "shoot"?

Ya I don't wanna clean it

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Just lol if you didn't ditch all of your blanks at the first opportunity and turn in you weapon unfired, only to have the armorer complain about how dirty it was.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

Just lol if you didn't ditch all of your blanks at the first opportunity and turn in you weapon unfired, only to have the armorer complain about how dirty it was.

After a particularly bad day when I was late for a staff meeting I ended up screaming at the supply NCO over this. Felt bad about it later but he took the rifle and I didn't get an rear end chewing for skipping a meeting.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I built an M4gery like the ones we carried in Iraq because I had an AR because I decided to go in for the group buy with the engraved lowers the battalion did and figured that was worth doing with it.

It's nothing like the M4 I carried in Iraq, though, because I didn't carry an M4 in Iraq.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'd like to have a replica of my AF BMT-issued rubber ducky.

Here and here.

Edit: I do want an A1 clone, though.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
There is an alarming number of teenagers in this theater. Thinking about forming a coalition of adults to maintain order.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
If you complain about them making noise you can get free tickets (done it before)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Godholio posted:

Here and here.

Edit: I do want an A1 clone, though.

Dang. I was gonna say just buy an m4 blue gun, it can't be that much since it's just a chunk of plastic. Apparently they sell for upwards of $200 tho :stare:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My 10 year old Sony tv blew the projection lamp today. Went and got a 32" to replace the 37" Sony. Didn't realize how light tvs have gotten. My brother's 32" is heavier than the Sony, but this cheap tiny thing weighed less than 10 pounds in the box.

Going to fix the Sony because I love that tv. Lamps are $70~ and it's stupid easy to change. Just didn't want to wait until monday at the earliest before shows up in the mail.

McNally posted:

It's nothing like the M4 I carried in Iraq, though, because I didn't carry an M4 in Iraq.

Same. I drug a SAW around and it beat my back and legs to death.

Doesn't S&W still make good quality guns? I'm always tempted to drop money on one of theirs as opposed to paying the same for a bubba built gun.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Same. I drug a SAW around and it beat my back and legs to death.

I just left mine in the conex with the M2 for the MRAP because I was issued a sidearm. I didn't have to carry that thing around, so I didn't.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The armorer in my unit would do poo poo like that. He was assigned an A2 and was constantly trying to lighten. When an officer or senior nco would take leave, he'd check out and carry their pistol and leave the A2 in the former cell we called an arms room.

He was nice enough to clean the pistols before reissuing them back to whoever. No one gave a poo poo because he was also supply and no one wanted to be cut from his class 9 gift list.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

If you complain about them making noise you can get free tickets (done it before)

Fortunately the settled down once the lights went down.

Passengers was... a movie.

You think they used that magic 'bring you back to life' machine on Lawrence Fishburne before chucking his corpse out the airlock? :ohdear:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My coworkers are cool. I invited a bunch out for a happy hour just so I could hang out with them for a bit. I didn't buy a single drink for myself tonight.

New job starts Monday. I left after working on two Super Bowl campaigns. Pretty good kickoff to 2017.

bloops fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 7, 2017

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

My workplace finally got my desk/cubicle area set up. I had them set everything so that it would be a standing desk all the time. I really like standing desks. This is probably the lamest work related thing I've ever been excited about. Now I can actually settle in!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just got my 65 inch Sony mounted on the wall. So pretty!

Now out with the wife at the Tacoma Comedy Club. The place has a decent line up.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
I'm stuck in ATL till 2:00 am, best case.

Was supposed to leave at 9:30 pm.

:negative:

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Drav posted:

I'm stuck in ATL till 2:00 am, best case.

Was supposed to leave at 9:30 pm.

:negative:

At least you weren't going to/from Fort Lauderdale.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

whelp my back is dead

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Evil SpongeBob posted:

At least you weren't going to/from Fort Lauderdale.

There's that

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

whelp my back is dead

Sucks, man.

Enjoy the next few days laying on the floor. Easy on the intake, nothing is worse than taking a brutal taco-fuelled poo poo after your back goes out, especially when it's the lumbar range.

Knees up, feet flat, ice, naprosyn. Hope there's a show you've been putting off binging, because that's all you'll be doing for a day or three or seven.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

whelp my back is dead

Goondolences. Back injuries are the worst. :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

so i stopped by my moms house last night and her driveway is insanely steep

my rwd boat couldnt back out of it since it was freshly iced over. i started autin powersing it to turn it around, and dropped the back end off the end of the driveway into the woodsline, about 7" of frozen leaves and loose dirt

after 30 mins of digging out and trying rugs and cat litter under the back end i stood up to get back in the car and try again.

heard a pop and knew i'd be feeling that later

drove my moms car home and came back in the morning to have aaa winch me out. at the very least i had the front end pointed the right way so it was easy as hell

back is hurting now, but im going to bed after working all night and i know waking up is going to be a blast. at least i got to putz around in my moms new civic. i was pretty impressed tbh

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also im very excited that i learned today that The Young Pope already aired in Europe and i can dl it all right now instead of waiting for hbo to air it all

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also im very excited that i learned today that The Young Pope already aired in Europe and i can dl it all right now instead of waiting for hbo to air it all

It was okay. The writing want very good.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Whelp flight from Ketchikan to Seattle was delayed now ill mis my flight from seatac to Texas let the travel shenanigans start

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Melthir posted:

Whelp flight from Ketchikan to Seattle was delayed now ill mis my flight from seatac to Texas let the travel shenanigans start

So sorry.

Anyone in the construction/house contractor business?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

So sorry.

*INSERT GROVERHAUS JOKE HERE*

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bengy81 posted:

*INSERT GROVERHAUS JOKE HERE*

>.>

He who forgets the past...

https://i.imgur.com/I3PT0y2.gifv

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/CollegeHumor/videos/10154353480982807/

lol

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Doesn't S&W still make good quality guns? I'm always tempted to drop money on one of theirs as opposed to paying the same for a bubba built gun.
They do, but there is absolutely zero reason to buy a new one. The world is swimming in used Model 10s (they've made about 6,000,000 so far) and it's easy to pick one up in good mechanical shape for sub $400.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

LingcodKilla posted:

So sorry.

Used to be. Sup?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I just saw an old high school buddy of mine in that H&R Block ad with Jon Hamm. Weird.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Two in one day?!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Dead Reckoning posted:

They do, but there is absolutely zero reason to buy a new one. The world is swimming in used Model 10s (they've made about 6,000,000 so far) and it's easy to pick one up in good mechanical shape for sub $400.

Oh, I have a revolver already.

I was talking about the M&P15, which is why I mentioned Bubba Built guns. I've seen the M&P15 running from $550-700 for their bottom end example. I don't want all the extra bullshit attachments they charge extra for with higher end S&Ws.

I just figured, solid history, solid guns, surely their ar clone is just as solid and reliable. Better than buying a pawn shop example with a mix of branded parts.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

The only "new" Smith and Wesson I would get is the R8 because it is loving hilariously awesome and actually a good design for someone using a ballistic sheild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I'd rather (and did several times) build my own. Let's face it, you're probably going to swap out a ton of parts to make it the way you want any way. Might as well get it right the first time.

• Locked thread