Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Prism posted:

Wasn't it already in one of the DS ones? Or was that the anime version? (I don't know much about Linebarrels and don't know how big a difference there is.)
The manga was only half-finished when the anime aired, and iirc instead of leaving itself half-done for a season 2 or whatever it just created and then resolved its own plot (kind of like fullmetal alchemist 2003,) so they went in pretty different directions. L was the anime version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The first 3DS game had the manga plot but I'm not super sure where it ended.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Ethiser posted:

The first 3DS game had the manga plot but I'm not super sure where it ended.

W didn't have Linebarrels, it had to be one of the others.

Endorph posted:

The manga was only half-finished when the anime aired, and iirc instead of leaving itself half-done for a season 2 or whatever it just created and then resolved its own plot (kind of like fullmetal alchemist 2003,) so they went in pretty different directions. L was the anime version.

But this makes sense. Thanks!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The first 3DS game was UX.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

BlitzBlast posted:

The first 3DS game was UX.

Oh, 3DS, not DS. I read good. My mistake, sorry!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hokuto posted:

We don't know how bad V's translation will be, but here's one that I can tell you guys will probably be good!

I finally got permission from my collaborators to show off screens from this very much nonofficial translation effort.

woah WOAH what the gently caress why didn't anyone tell me there was an alpha 2 translation project going on? who's all involved?

Godspeed :stare:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Race Realists posted:

woah WOAH what the gently caress why didn't anyone tell me there was an alpha 2 translation project going on? who's all involved?

Godspeed :stare:

It's me and a couple of other guys who have worked on other projects and prefer to let me post instead. It's only been active for around a month now, and this is the first time I've mentioned anything in public. It probably won't be ready for prime time for a long while yet. The first 20 stages alone are 80 out of the game's 150 stages.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 5, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I love how detailed all the Nico encyclopedia entries are for all the stuff related to this video, especially this one.

I love Nico.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Hokuto posted:

It's me and a couple of other guys who have worked on other projects and prefer to let me post instead. It's only been active for around a month now, and this is the first time I've mentioned anything in public. It probably won't be ready for prime time for a long while yet. The first 20 stages alone are 80 out of the game's 150 stages.

Could you use any extra translation help, on battle dialogue or so on? I go by 'Greenrose' over on Romhacking.net, and I was working on an SRW MX patch before the programmer on that up and disappeared.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Son Ryo posted:

Could you use any extra translation help, on battle dialogue or so on? I go by 'Greenrose' over on Romhacking.net, and I was working on an SRW MX patch before the programmer on that up and disappeared.

Thanks for the offer! I'll hit you up if we need it, but right now the battle dialogue's spoken for (no pun intended). Orenronen also helped me vet a bunch of Hebrew names, he's awesome. People will probably look at it weird when they see a character named Illui, though.

Also, my condolences on the MX project, I hope it eventually works out for you.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 5, 2017

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Hokuto posted:

Fine I guess I have to post it. This is from when there were a few, uh, compression issues.

Well that explains Einst and Dry. He was never the same after getting vented...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

Fine I guess I have to post it. This is from when there were a few, uh, compression issues.

And this is why zero gravity seizures are not to be taken lightly.

But in all seriousness, good luck with this project. I can only imagine the hassle of having to translate 4 unique routes and everything related to that nonsense. Godspeed, Hokuto.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SRW V 2nd PV.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

SRW V 2nd PV.
On the 17th eh? Still two weeks away.

Playing some more GGG I realized that Hathaway's Flash is in UC 0100; in my mind it was between CCA and Unicorn. Does that mean it's the last even minor Gundam thing before the time jump to F91 etc?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Hathaway's Flash is the current end of Early UC, yes, but F90 and the technological competition between SNRI and Anaheim Electronics take place prior to F91.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I wouldn't really call Hathaway's Flash 'early UC'. Putting stuff like first gen zakus in the same strata as poo poo like MS-sized I-Field generators and Minovsky Crafts, even at different ends, is a little much.

I'd rather think of it more as Early being from the start to the end of Zeta or so, Mid being ZZ-ish through Hathaway's Flash, and Late being anything after that. But that's just dumb semantics.

Question for anyone who's ordered off of play-asia before - do they have the same idiotic restrictions on address changing or order editing that they do for cancellation and stuff? I might be moving in the next month or so and I'd rather not accidentally have a copy of SRWV sent to the wrong address because play-asia is the worst. (Or an alternative site to order from so I don't have to give them money would be cool too.)

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hathaway's Flash is a good point to separate the UC because after it mobile suits start to become smaller in size.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I wouldn't really call Hathaway's Flash 'early UC'. Putting stuff like first gen zakus in the same strata as poo poo like MS-sized I-Field generators and Minovsky Crafts, even at different ends, is a little much.

I'd rather think of it more as Early being from the start to the end of Zeta or so, Mid being ZZ-ish through Hathaway's Flash, and Late being anything after that. But that's just dumb semantics.

Question for anyone who's ordered off of play-asia before - do they have the same idiotic restrictions on address changing or order editing that they do for cancellation and stuff? I might be moving in the next month or so and I'd rather not accidentally have a copy of SRWV sent to the wrong address because play-asia is the worst. (Or an alternative site to order from so I don't have to give them money would be cool too.)

When I used them p-A's customer service was basically a pile of rear end and nothing I've heard suggests they've changed.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ethiser posted:

Hathaway's Flash is a good point to separate the UC because after it mobile suits start to become smaller in size.

That's actually why I used ZZ to designate Mid UC, since that's when suits start swelling in size. Weapons get bigger and more powerful, requiring bigger reactors, and more fancy poo poo starts getting crammed into suits, plus all the extra armor to hopefully protect the suit more from the new super powerful stuff adds a lot of bulk.

And then VSBRs happen and suddenly no armor matters and making a small, super mobile target to not get instanuked by stuff. So I'm with you on that marking Late UC.

ImpAtom posted:

When I used them p-A's customer service was basically a pile of rear end and nothing I've heard suggests they've changed.

Goddammit. Maybe I'll try shipping it to my office, hopefully that'll work. Until it inevitably arrives on the weekend because :suicide:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Revolver Bunker posted:

When ever I play XCOM that's how I treat each map. Like I'm playing an SRW game but all my units are supers using real weapons. :negative: RIP sniper who only had a 12% chance of being hit by a Muton but instead got critical hit and one shotted.

I liked the mech designs for Linbarrels. It was like a cross between ZoE and Armor Core. Main character was a complete bag but his mech was cool.

One of the big things Linebarrels does is take its complete wanker of an MC and have him become a genuine hero of justice by the end of the series, and it all feels completely natural. Honestly, it's characters are one of its strong points. For instance.

Admittedly that was an omake chapter, but still.

The anime is loving trash though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30357421

FMW4: May 2017.

Oh and I think there's an actual SRW game coming out next month or something.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I had to cancel one of my orders because they put out the special edition version of MD in Englsh and I had no trouble, so your mileage may vary.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I've been watching Gundam Thunderbolt clips on YouTube. Seems extremely Watanabe-esque, minus the ridiculously OP mobile suits. Basically: My jam.

I bring it up here because I also just found out there's gonna be more, featuring the Atlas Gundam. Apparently a OYW era suit that reads like the V2 by way of the Advance of Zeta designer. Cannot wait to see that bullshit in SRW and G Gen.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I think its a shame that Thunderbolt isn't a Title DLC for GGG like Hathaway's Flash was. It being just units is disappointing.

Also, I don't think the suits will be purgable, which is a shame, because they should be.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Samurai Sanders posted:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30357421

FMW4: May 2017.

Oh and I think there's an actual SRW game coming out next month or something.

i was starting to wonder if FMW4 would never actually happen, but now i'm back to being extremely excited for murasa to brutally own people in the boat

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Holy hell, being on the receiving end of Orgone Cloud kinda blows. I am only on stage 10 of Moon Dwellers, but those Fury units were on steroids (and parked in forests on one stage with insanely high dodge rates even though I upgraded everyone's accuracy, and felt like Advance Portable all over again).

I was playing through Calvina's route and I'm noticing that a lot of the SR Points so far have been "use the dual action twin spirit, park your beat-mech as far up the map as possible around a bunch of enemies, hope for the best." It felt like some of these points were just flat out impossible until I realized how to use this spirit.

I am glad I got some of my favorites back at least (Lamia will always be shoved into Vysaga because gently caress Angelg, Hugo/Aqua can drill stuff in the Garmraid, Rim needs to get the gently caress back in the group so I can use Forte Gigas, and Leona and Ing are still my best grunt killers). I dunno what to make of some of the other cast this time around, though. SRX team (save for Rai) hasn't been all that useful even though I can foresee needing the HTB Cannon Spam in the future. Viletta keeps dying to everything and is currently my Confuse button. Kyosuke and Excellen are just kinda along for the ride, and I straight up forgot Arado and Seolla existed

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MechaX posted:

Holy hell, being on the receiving end of Orgone Cloud kinda blows. I am only on stage 10 of Moon Dwellers, but those Fury units were on steroids (and parked in forests on one stage with insanely high dodge rates even though I upgraded everyone's accuracy, and felt like Advance Portable all over again).

I was playing through Calvina's route and I'm noticing that a lot of the SR Points so far have been "use the dual action twin spirit, park your beat-mech as far up the map as possible around a bunch of enemies, hope for the best." It felt like some of these points were just flat out impossible until I realized how to use this spirit.

I am glad I got some of my favorites back at least (Lamia will always be shoved into Vysaga because gently caress Angelg, Hugo/Aqua can drill stuff in the Garmraid, Rim needs to get the gently caress back in the group so I can use Forte Gigas, and Leona and Ing are still my best grunt killers). I dunno what to make of some of the other cast this time around, though. SRX team (save for Rai) hasn't been all that useful even though I can foresee needing the HTB Cannon Spam in the future. Viletta keeps dying to everything and is currently my Confuse button. Kyosuke and Excellen are just kinda along for the ride, and I straight up forgot Arado and Seolla existed

I've never done anything with the SRX team but form them into the SRX immediately. Just can't afford to upgrade all three of them.

You also get 4 people with SP Regen. Gilliam, Mai, Radha and Alfimi. Gilliam has Confuse as a twin spirit, Alfimif and Radha have Aspiration. This will be important. Meditate is the most important skill for these folks.

And yeah, the early SR Points can be rough, you need to spead Accel and Raid around to really get them all.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
So wiill V's translation be any less clunky than Moon Wars? One of the reasons I stopped playing it was because it felt like the translation was all done in-house with Babelfish in like three days, was super offputting.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The problem with combining the SRX early is that half of its weapons require high levels of Psychodriver and Ryu won't unlock those until the midgame.

And yes, MD is rather nasty with how annoying the grunts and SR points are. When you're not playing A Portable against the Fury you're taking status debuffs from the Lamalice and hoping they don't trigger afterimage. And when you're not dealing with either of them you have to keep NPCs from dying to Guardisword swarms. Also the last few boss fights of the game are garbage.

It is not terrible but it is a step down from OG2nd.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

PurplieNurplie posted:

So wiill V's translation be any less clunky than Moon Wars? One of the reasons I stopped playing it was because it felt like the translation was all done in-house with Babelfish in like three days, was super offputting.

The translation's being done in-house instead of outsourced, so hopefully V will turn out like G Generation Genesis: pretty all right.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

PurplieNurplie posted:

No idea since they haven't even released a trailer. Screenshots looked fine and, going from other games, it seems Bandai cares about translation quality more when Gundam stuff is involved.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doubt it'll be fantastic or super natural but it'll probably be fine, just very stiff.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Brunom1 posted:

No idea since they haven't even released a trailer. Screenshots looked fine and, going from other games, it seems Bandai cares about translation quality more when Gundam stuff is involved.

Cross Ange and Might Gain are also both Sunrise. Maybe that'll... help somehow.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it at least means that they'll probably actually stick to official localizations instead of

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
It is literal and to the point. It is an orthodox translation.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Ryoga posted:

I really wish SA had some sort of upvoting mechanic so that I could give this post a little up arrow

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm 6 episodes into Cross Ange as prep for V and I'm still bewildered how this one is making it into an SRW game. There doesn't even seem to be that much mecha stuff.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Rascyc posted:

There doesn't even seem to be that much mecha stuff.

Neither did Gargantia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ryoga posted:

Nice.

• Locked thread