Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zas posted:

I love mgs1 thats why I was talking about the voice actor for solid snake and his interesting life

I know. I was flaming you because that's what we do to new people around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

I know. I was flaming you because that's what we do to new people around here.

Someone should flame you once in a while.. getting a bit big for your britches IMO

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MGS V is my favorite because it's the only one I owned and was able to beat. I never got to play more than 5 minutes past the tanker level of MGS2, and I didn't get past the boss with the crossbow bolts or whatever in MGS3

I am looking forward to having a never ending supply of classics I've pretty much never played once I buy the first three playstations

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I bought a PS3 pretty much just to play all the games for the first time in the Legacy Collection.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

I bought a PS3 pretty much just to play all the games for the first time in the Legacy Collection.

That was a really good decision considering they are hands down the best remastered games I've ever seen

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

I did this, playing all of them during Metal Gear July 2015, and it was such good gaming.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I still think it's insanely funny that Skull Face spent 9 years perfecting his evil villain speech down to the full tour of his facility and timing, only to tell it to the wrong person, who didn't care

Play Kazburger tapes instead of listening to him.

Actually my favorite part of the jeep ride is Skullface finishes his speech too soon so you both just sit there awkwardly listening to show tunes.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine how good MGS5 would be if they finished the game

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

some segments where we switched to the real big boss wouldnt have hurt. maybe the twist couldve been revealed halfway and we could switch between big boss in setting up outer heaven in africa and venom creating distractions in Afghanistan. That way we could tangibly see the efforts big boss was putting into the base where one of the major points of the entire series took place. Plus its just that there was so much potential for filling out big boss story in africa in the 1980s because a lot of cool things happened there with him at that time. The fact that they skipped over all that stuff, while an interesting take, is ultimately a let down. For me at least. The gameplay is great but without a really good story connecting it all it starts to feel repetitive.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The connection of the twin snakes to big boss and ocelots hand in that and the building of outer heaven and solid snake starting the infiltration of foxhound in chapter 3... I mean any of that would have been more compelling.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

some segments where we switched to the real big boss wouldnt have hurt. maybe the twist couldve been revealed halfway and we could switch between big boss in setting up outer heaven in africa and venom creating distractions in Afghanistan. That way we could tangibly see the efforts big boss was putting into the base where one of the major points of the entire series took place. Plus its just that there was so much potential for filling out big boss story in africa in the 1980s because a lot of cool things happened there with him at that time. The fact that they skipped over all that stuff, while an interesting take, is ultimately a let down. For me at least. The gameplay is great but without a really good story connecting it all it starts to feel repetitive.
this would've been great. I still wish it had ended with the player switching to Solid Snake and invading Mother Base and coming up against the finest soldiers and defenses you've built up

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it would have been a lot better if you playing as Venom Snake actually meant anything, in general

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It doesn't help that Quiet walks off into the desert to die of wolbachia and then the game is like 'your not actually big boss lol ROLL CREDITS'

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This was Chapter 3

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everything felt rushed and off about the story

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still think the narrative was fantastic, especially the cinematography. Also turning off all the UI and going for high ranks transformed the game completely

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Ocelot's my favorite character I think, maybe my favorite scenes in 1 and 3 are Ocelot ones, and he owns in V

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Ocelot: Who knows? That's our reality here, whether it's real or not. If there's another truth, I don't want to know it. All that matters is, that the concept that's taken shape in their heads. The traces of a group ideology, or superstructure, to put it in Marxist terms.

Snake: All right. Go on.

Ocelot: Right. So anyway, at some point the enemy started calling me "Sharashka."

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Quiet was cool and her storyline was great. People who disrespect her because of her clothes are afraid of strong , confident women.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Quiet was cool and her storyline was great. People who disrespect her because of her clothes are afraid of strong , confident women.

I both respect and fear Quiet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still haven't beaten V, even though I love the gameplay there's something that doesn't quite grab me like pretty much every other MGS has

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

One of the cool things about her outfit is that people who complain about her poses in the helicopter are owning themselves by admitting they use Quiet on missions.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

this would make a cool memento style twist. where you assume snake without the horn is before the accident and snake with the horn is after, but the twist reveals itself when venom snake plays the man who sold the world tape.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Quiet's Sniper Wolf outfit is definitely best. I like that they give it to people immediately before you lose her forever lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Quiet's Sniper Wolf outfit is definitely best. I like that they give it to people immediately before you lose her forever lol

They patched that out though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh yea

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

In Training posted:

Do you still have to replay her boss fight 7 times in a row to get her back? It never worked for me.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My biggest disappointment with MGSV would probably be the complete lack of hidden goodies and Easter eggs in the game world. The only one I can really think of would be the radio playing PT audio, and even that isn't really hidden

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I wanted really deeply hidden stuff like the Arkham City planning room in Arkham Asylum, or stuff that required a long convoluted process to find like those Battlefield 4 easter eggs, and got neither. Unfortunately the game's been datamined so thoroughly that there isn't really anything left to find...

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

in r/neverbegameocer a kid walked into an AT&T building in NYC and trespassed while rooting around because he thought chapter 3 was located there and that secret clues in the game tipped him off

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

in r/neverbegameocer a kid walked into an AT&T building in NYC and trespassed while rooting around because he thought chapter 3 was located there and that secret clues in the game tipped him off

Tactical Espionage Action

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah he thought Zeros base being in Hells Kitchen meant it was a real location he could infiltrate lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

I both respect and fear Quiet
Her choking the player while staring at you with those beautiful eyes was a moment of sexual awakening to me

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Her choking the player while staring at you with those beautiful eyes was a moment of sexual awakening to me

u into pov throttle jobs too my man? could pm some tight(/pun) links if i were to somehow acquire plat lol ;)

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I think we can all agree that V has the best looking rocks in the series, though.

Really great rocks.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I love the way afghanistan looks and feels, but it would've been cool if central africa had a lot more contrast and like, mgs3 style critters and stuff

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My favorite part of Afghanistan is that dune desert area in the Southwest. It's very beautiful at night

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was so excited when I got to Africa the first time and was climbing/stumbling through gorgeous jungle vegetation and waterfalls and stuff and then there were like two other small areas like that and the rest of the map was just kind of there

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was so excited when I got to Africa the first time and was climbing/stumbling through gorgeous jungle vegetation and waterfalls and stuff and then there were like two other small areas like that and the rest of the map was just kind of there
Yeah they definitely fake you the gently caress out right at the start lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

that was hilarious, i rmember in the gameplay demos they made it seem like you cluld do it anyhwere, nope only in the exact spot where the demo was shown and like one or two other spots lmfao

• Locked thread